IGNORED

Lori Alexander 18: Taking Pictures in the Closet

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, TeddyBonkers said:

This is my jealous face- :annoyed:. But seriously, have fun!!

Thank you! We are spending three days in Paris and then we catch a cruise ship in Barcelona. We're going to Nice, Rome, Florence, Naples, Venice, Ravenna, and kotor. 

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case anyone is interested, Emily opened up her instagram again. Nothing interesting though.

alyssa is still wearing leggings every day though!

3 minutes ago, jerkit said:

In case anyone is interested, Emily opened up her instagram again. Nothing interesting though.

alyssa is still wearing leggings every day though!

Go, Alyssa!

I have nothing more to add about LorKen at this point other than I believe there is a special place in hell for them (especially her). And that it's hilarious she chose to post such an obviously Roman Catholic sign about modesty. I mean, it's not like Catholics are Christians or that what they believe even matters, right?!?

Really, I just wanted to add to the St. Peter's Basilica excitement. We were there in October. I felt the Vatican Museum was overwhelming and the Sistine Chapel was overrated, but the Basilica provided one of the high points of my life. If you're able, do the climb to the top of the dome (551 steps I think) and the catacombs tour. And if you're so inclined, Mass is offered every weekday in the apse (in Latin). I may be a fallen Catholic but it's hard to not be moved by that. (Might be hard to squeeze that in while on a cruise though.)

That Josh dude is a weirdo. Why is he there? You're single. You're a male. I don't get it. You're a creep. You may be a man, but YOU do not speak for all men or how they think, just because you are. Not ALL me think like you do, creeper!UGH

On 4/22/2017 at 7:44 PM, usmcmom said:

Well isn't this just lovely?? 

Is she really saying that until a person has become a Christian (whatever that means to her) they cannot enter a church building??  

IMG_6176.PNG

Hey, Lindy, Luke 5:31-32. I put it in NIV and KJV:

NIV:

Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

KJV:

And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

So essentially, you just put your doctrinal nonsense above the Lord. Happy Monday.

On 2017-04-18 at 2:13 PM, samurai_sarah said:

And unsurprisingly, I'd rather take marriage-advice from you than Lori. Any day. :)

Then again, I think most of us would rather take marriage advice from a rock than from Ken and Lori.

I have seen a quote that "The only prayer God hears from a unbeliever is the sinner's prayer."

I saw a sign on a church today that said, "You're welcome just as you are!" 

Lori would probably hate that church.

On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 0:47 PM, louisa05 said:

who notices what other people wear? <snipped>

I noticed a young lady on Sunday with very short cut-off shorts. Her brother was receiving his first communion and his teenage sister couldn't be bothered to look like it was a special occasion. And her mom is the religious ed director! SMH 

I noticed a young lady on Sunday with very short cut-off shorts. Her brother was receiving his first communion and his teenage sister couldn't be bothered to look like it was a special occasion. And her mom is the religious ed director! SMH 

I would have noticed that, too. But sometimes I cut parents of teens some slack. Mom may have picked a different battle that day-perhaps getting her to come was the priority.

1 hour ago, polecat said:

I saw a sign on a church today that said, "You're welcome just as you are!" 

Lori would probably hate that church.

I saw a sign above the door of my church back at home that said "don't come to church, be the church".  In that sense, "the church" is made up of everyone who believes in Jesus, who is part of His body.  But everyone should be welcomed to our meetings and should be accepted as they are.  Jesus taught anyone who was interested in listening and he didn't ask them to sign a membership paper or commit to coming back once a week and give 10% of their earnings.  This doesn't mean that church membership is a bad thing or unnecessary, or that giving to the church is bad, but if Jesus accepted everyone as they were, and if he asks us to imitate him, then we should be welcoming people as they are and sharing the life-changing message of the Gospel. Let the Holy Spirit take care of "convicting" them of anything they need to change.  

If Lori shared that picture, it's time someone sent her back to the Alpha Course or something. 

23 hours ago, jerkit said:

Thank you! We are spending three days in Paris and then we catch a cruise ship in Barcelona. We're going to Nice, Rome, Florence, Naples, Venice, Ravenna, and kotor. 

Of all the places that we visited, Venice was the most enchanting. Enjoy your trip! Please message me when you return. I'd love to hear all about it.

Wander around Venice and explore the out of the way places - we found a tiny, authentic, wonderful restaurant that way. And oh please, eat lots of gelato. It is the absolute best in Venice! (Cannot stress this enough!)

In fact, message me before you go if you want! I could cause some serious thread drift here about Venice lol!

22 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

I have nothing more to add about LorKen at this point other than I believe there is a special place in hell for them (especially her). And that it's hilarious she chose to post such an obviously Roman Catholic sign about modesty. I mean, it's not like Catholics are Christians or that what they believe even matters, right?!?

Really, I just wanted to add to the St. Peter's Basilica excitement. We were there in October. I felt the Vatican Museum was overwhelming and the Sistine Chapel was overrated, but the Basilica provided one of the high points of my life. If you're able, do the climb to the top of the dome (551 steps I think) and the catacombs tour. And if you're so inclined, Mass is offered every weekday in the apse (in Latin). I may be a fallen Catholic but it's hard to not be moved by that. (Might be hard to squeeze that in while on a cruise though.)

The Vatican Museum... those barrel-vault ceilings in the hallways... the detail and beauty were astounding.

As for the Sistene Chapel, we were underwhelmed as well. It didn't help that we had stood outside in line for 4 hours. And once in the chapel, guards kept shouting, "No pictures! No pictures!" over and over, the entire time. The crowd and the noise were insane. Glad I saw it; probably wouldn't do it again though.

Edit: grammar

1 minute ago, onemama said:

I saw a sign above the door of my church back at home that said "don't come to church, be the church".  In that sense, "the church" is made up of everyone who believes in Jesus, who is part of His body.  But everyone should be welcomed to our meetings and should be accepted as they are.  Jesus taught anyone who was interested in listening and he didn't ask them to sign a membership paper or commit to coming back once a week and give 10% of their earnings.  This doesn't mean that church membership is a bad thing or unnecessary, or that giving to the church is bad, but if Jesus accepted everyone as they were, and if he asks us to imitate him, then we should be welcoming people as they are and sharing the life-changing message of the Gospel. Let the Holy Spirit take care of "convicting" them of anything they need to change.  

If Lori shared that picture, it's time someone sent her back to the Alpha Course or something. 

So well said! Gave you an upvote - wish I could give more than one.

Why are more & more readers calling her personal opinion blogs "articles"? In this latest bit, she references several different spoken passages... But its still just allegory... Surely that's people aren't so stupid as to not understand the difference between a piece written from a personal view vs a piece written from fact or at least theoretical circumstance?? 

24 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Why are more & more readers calling her personal opinion blogs "articles"? In this latest bit, she references several different spoken passages... But its still just allegory... Surely that's people aren't so stupid as to not understand the difference between a piece written from a personal view vs a piece written from fact or at least theoretical circumstance?? 

I'm pretty sure that over half of Americans cannot currently make that differentiation. And the types that would appreciate Lori's opinions are certainly in that majority. 

I went to Rome on an RE (religious ed) trip back in 2010. It was really great! We went to the Vatican/Sistine a chapel etc. Holy cow the queue was LONG. I remember we were trying to figure out how to climb the wall, I think the solution involved someone in a helicopter and a rope...:pb_lol:

Venice is a most amazing, beautiful city. I've been 3 times and can't get enough of it.

Just wander around  the various neighborhoods, Find little cafes to eat/ drink/ people watch in. See the neighborhood churches (Santa Maria Formosa is pretty) as well as the famous ones.  Eat spaghetti a la vongole (spaghetti with clam sauce), Eat lots and lots of gelato any time of the day. There are delicious gelato stands on every corner although the best /famous place is Nico's. Eat tramezzino -- sandwiches with various interesting fillings found in bars and cafes all over the city. Drink the coffee. Eat pizza, -- frequently comes topped with grilled vegetables. The restaurants near the Rialto bridge are very touristy so venture farther into the city for the local ones.

You can buy a several days pass for the Vaporetto -- which is essentially the (water) bus.  It goes everywhere -- even the 3 outlying islands, the cemetery island and the LIdo. with the pass you can take it anytime it is running to any stop.

Do this at the end of your day as the sun is beginning to set  -- sit on the back deck and ride around the entire island.  You will see Venice in a different way.

Be sure to visit Campo San Barnaba, where Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was filmed (and other movies too).

Each time that I see Venice in a movie, I get a thrill in my belly. I'm blessed to have visited many places, but Venice stole a little piece of my heart in a way that no other city has.

IMG_3610.JPG

Lori bestowed more of her wisdom upon us. 

To me this sounds more like someone regretting their life choices. Who knows, maybe she would have appreciated her husband more and not spent her entire life in conflict if she had married someone more comparible. Of course, this is just speculation, but I find it odd to highlight this as a tale of "always stay loyal" rather than "marry someone that is incompatible so that at 86 you don't feel guilty about the warm feelings you didn't have toward him."

maybe a bit too snarky. But I only slept for an hour so I'm crank-central right now. 

IMG_4447.PNG

Lori has taken time away from her usual Tuesday morning gossip, to let us know that when she gossips about other women on her blog, it's actually "righteous judgement".

She also tells us that it's totally okay, because she has judged herself to be blameless in these areas.

Lori:

Then Jesus tells us to take the mote out of our eye before we can take the speck out of another’s eyes (Matthew 7:1-5). This means that if I was a career woman by choice, I could not teach women to be keepers at home until I became a keeper at home. I couldn’t teach women to obey their husbands, if I was disobeying my husband or I would be a hypocrite.

Obeying her husband is a perfect example.  According to Lori, she would be a total hypocrite if she didn't obey Ken.

Ken:

My wife is not submitting to me on some issues I would like to see changed or modified on her blog.

Another example would be mothers raising their children.  If she said something like:

Children don't need more schooling. They don't need a summer program. They don't need one more daycare, babysitter, or nanny.

While saying the following about her own nanny:

Lucy was a Nanny sent from heaven who never wanted to let Cassi cry, so she held her hours a day.

Well, that would make her a hypocrite.  It would make her an even bigger hypocrite if she went back and deleted the picture that comment was attached to, in order to "erase the evidence".

Cooking is another great example.  Lori says:

I am amazed at how many women don't cook today. It is almost as if they are proud of it.

But Ken says:

I took care of the kids' sports, my job, my food, my ironing, and investments. Many nights Lori made her big salads which the kids loved, then they came running for daddy’s food that I cooked. 

OR modesty.  Lori loves to talk about modesty.  She also loves to post pictures of herself...dressed in really immodest clothing.  

Maybe the hypocrisy wasn't such a good point after all.  Moving on...

I will never call other people names.

Now there's something to be proud of!  She may gossip about other women for doing the very things she does, but she will NEVER call them names.

Women today dress like harlots

She also (regularly) refers to others as "fools" or "foolish", and once insinuated that a reader was a "prostitute" because she was "loud".

She continues:

Women, we do need to be careful about gossip and slander for the purpose of hurting other women and their reputation. However, it’s good to call them out if they are claiming to be a Christian and not living according to His Word. I

Like when Lori gabbed to all her readers about a friend's daughter, who had a business making thongs?  Was she just trying to "call them out"?  

Recently, I was talking with an acquaintance of mine. She is not a believer and knew about my blog so she asked me about it. 

Later on, she told me about her daughter who sews bathing suits to sell. I asked her for the web page. She told me, "Oh, you wouldn't like them. They are the thong type bathing suits." I asked her,"Doesn't she know what this does to men?" She didn't know how to answer. 

Hmmm, that woman wasn't a believer, so what was the purpose of the post, if not gossip?  And why would Lori want the website for thong bathing suits? 

Oh well, maybe this is a better example:

When I was growing up, my mom had a very dear friend who she was very close to.  She was a terrible housekeeper, however.  When I would babysit, I would clean the kitchen for her and it would take hours.  Everything was a mess.  It would be a terrible place to live in.

When my children were growing up, we had a neighbor who was the same way.  I sent a young woman who was helping me when I had four small children and Ken was traveling half the year to clean her house one time.  She said it was terrible.  She found dog poop on the floor, it was infested with fleas, and smelled badly.  My children detested the days that she was the driver for the carpool.  Her car smelled like vomit and it was trashed.

She doesn't say if those two women were believers, so maybe she was genuinely trying to "call them out" with that blog post.  Who are we to judge, right?

I think the moral of the story is this:

Lori uses her blog to gossip about others.  I am 99% sure that Jesus wouldn't approve of her "calling women out" in such a fashion, much less call it "good".  I am also 99% sure that the correct approach is to go to the person directly if you have a problem with them.  After that I think you're supposed to pray and go to the church.  I am 100% sure gabbing to other believers about it, is NOT one of the steps believers are to take when "calling out" other believers.

But that's just me.  I'm an Atheist.  What do I know?

ps- the FB comments are gold.  

8 minutes ago, FundieCentral said:

Lori bestowed more of her wisdom upon us. 

To me this sounds more like someone regretting their life choices. Who knows, maybe she would have appreciated her husband more and not spent her entire life in conflict if she had married someone more comparible. Of course, this is just speculation, but I find it odd to highlight this as a tale of "always stay loyal" rather than "marry someone that is incompatible so that at 86 you don't feel guilty about the warm feelings you didn't have toward him."

maybe a bit too snarky. But I only slept for an hour so I'm crank-central right now. 

IMG_4447.PNG

It kind of makes me wonder how much the marriage was really "in conflict", and how much of that is Lori judging because her parents' marriage doesn't look like she thinks it should. I think it's normal for someone facing their own mortality to consider the ways they could have made their relationships better, but Lori's conclusion may or may not match what normal people would see in that scenario.

Certainly Lori's father seems to be more patient and giving with Lori than her behavior has warranted.

I really like this part from her post today:

If you personally know them, then you go to them in person and privately speak to them about it but if they are a public person and may even be leading women astray, then you warn others about them so they aren’t led astray from the simplicity that is in Christ.

That's basically what goes on here. We think she is leading women astray so we warn others about her here. 

12 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I really like this part from her post today:

That's basically what goes on here. We think she is leading women astray so we warn others about her here. 

Lori (regularly) uses her blog to call out people who she knows personally.  The lady who makes thongs, the neighbor with the dirty house, her mom's friend with the dirty house, the pastor's wife (she wears bikinis), the guy who borrowed their car and didn't return it in the condition that Lori expected, women who have rejected Lori's mentorship (they'll never have successful marriages according to Lori).  Hell, she even gossips about her own parents (her aunts both put her in her place about that).

She uses that blog as a means to control people, and gossip about others.  

36 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori has taken time away from her usual Tuesday morning gossip, to let us know that when she gossips about other women on her blog, it's actually "righteous judgement".

And don't forget one more example (to me it was the worst which is saying something);

Remember when she posted pictures of the homecoming queens from her son's yearbook to gossip about how immodestly they were dressed?  And she showed the girls' faces until somebody "called her out" and she blurred them?

And then to brag  show how modest she herself was, she posted her own homecoming queen picture from the 70's.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived