IGNORED

Lori Alexander 18: Taking Pictures in the Closet

choralcrusader8613

Pretty sure that means the Maxwells are white collar. Although they have so many "businesses" as well as Tits2 it's hard to pigeon-hole them.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many of the fangirls on Lori's sites seem to have husbands with very physically demanding blue collar jobs and they home school and they have large families and they are against college/anything beyond HS for anyone and they advocate working for yourself and they make it a point of pride to say how they struggle financially.

It seems that they are setting up (dooming?) their children by default to have the same hard struggling lives that they do -- and that they believe that this somehow makes them more godly. This thinking isn't going to play out well for children/grandchildren and so on

I don't have children but I'm an aunt (bio and "adopted") and I want my nieces and nephews to have a good life and not have to struggle financially.  I don't want them to have the hard scrabble. working 2.5 jobs, barely making it lives the fangirls promote.

If that means college or a trade school  so be it. You can't be a doctor/ lawyer/ dentist/ orthodontist/ orthodontic consultant/ CPA/ nurse/ chemist/ pharmacist/ etc, etc, etc without a degree.  Master plumber/ electrician/ stone mason/ bricklayer/ etc, etc. need training and certifications.

Brute strength and a strong back is not enough. 

I wonder if she has any idea how snotty and demanding this sounds:

For those of you who say you “have” to work and have no choice, do you trust God? Do you believe that His “commands are not burdensome”? Do you believe He is our Provider and that NOTHING is impossible with Him? If you answer “yes” to all of these questions, then why do you not trust God to provide for you so you can be home full time with your family?

She is essentially telling these women that unless they interpret the Bible as she does, and do exactly as she says, they don't trust God.

Never you mind that she won't be the one to go without when these women quit their jobs and can't afford groceries.  No, she'll be over on Instagram, posting pictures of the latest things she's wasting her money on.  She is the epitome of a busybody.

Proverbs 20:3 It is an honour for a man to cease from strife: but every fool will be meddling.

1 Thessalonians 4:11  And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;

2 Thessalonians 3:11 For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

1 Timothy 5:13  And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

It seems that they are setting up (dooming?) their children by default to have the same hard struggling lives that they do -- and that they believe that this somehow makes them more godly. This thinking isn't going to play out well for children/grandchildren and so on

I totally agree with this. I was blue collar for a long time. While there is a big sense of pride that goes with it, I don't want my daughter to have to work as hard as I have. We should want better for our children, allow them to use their abilities. I'm burnt,  physically compromised, & running a high risk for some strain of cancer. The doctors & scientists are just as important as the plumbers & AC repair folk. Wouldn't holding their children back be akin to skoffing at their God-given gifts? How is that fair to a young person? 

What's the phrase? They cut off their nose to spite their face....

So, it's FEMINISM that takes choices away from women and not Lori?

Interesting theory...

And we're back on leggings again!
Working women, leggings, leggings, working women.  Round and round we go.

I don't give a flying fuck what some random guy on the internet thinks I or any other woman should or should not wear. And if some douchebag can't handle seeing a woman in leggings, he needs to deal with himself not the woman.

If all the things going on in the world today, leggings is what gets her upset? Not war, poverty, shootings, injustice. Just leggings, the biggest issue of our time.

she is dumber than a bag of rocks and a bunch of hammers.

All I know is she HAS to have the last word. No matter how respectful a comment it, she replies with "but...". She is so arrogant and argumentative. 

Never once has she said "You make a good point," or "I see what you mean and have never thought of it that way."  Can you imagine how she must have gone after her kids about EVERY. LITTLE. THING?!?

So... I guess it's true then.

All those godly Christian men out there are just drooling, lusting perverts, one legging away from throwing himself on a woman and having his way with her.

They have no self-control, no self respect, no desire to be better than rutting bucks. No accountability for their own thoughts and actions.

It's the women's fault. It's always the women's fault. No matter what we wear it's the women's fault.

Leggings, shorts, jeans, v-necks, bathing suits, skirts that show our knees, skirts that cover our knees but show our legs, sundresses, high heels, low heels, flats, lipstick, makeup......... You name it and some man is tempted by it. Hell there is probably some man who is turned on by a burka.

But it's always, always, always our fault.

Because men -- the poor things -- are just weak-willed drooling, lusting, sinful perverts and if they stumble because, God forbid they saw something that tempted them (and everything tempts them) -- well then it's Just. Not. Their. Fault.

It's the women's fault for dressing like the sluts that all godly Christian men know that all women are.

Free pass time. Because. . . It's always the women's fault.

Since reading up on the Lori thread, I keep getting leggings ads. It must be spiritual battle. So I just gave in (after eating no less than three Easter eggs) and dug up the only legging I own from my closet. I always wore it with a butt covering top, but Lori is inspiring me to try some new styles. It will be fun to see if my husband notices. But I fear even in a legging I will be less interesting to look at than whatever screen he has his eyes glued onto. See, I feel he is from a vastly different galaxy than whatever place in the universe the men in Lori's  life (imagination?) are from.

This is an oldie but a goodie that I always think of when Lori is on a modesty buzz.

Instead of worrying about leggings, maybe she could have a read of it and a think and....oh who am I kidding.....:my_sick:

image.jpeg

So... I guess it's true then.
All those godly Christian men out there are just drooling, lusting perverts, one legging away from throwing himself on a woman and having his way with her.
They have no self-control, no self respect, no desire to be better than rutting bucks. No accountability for their own thoughts and actions.
It's the women's fault. It's always the women's fault. No matter what we wear it's the women's fault.
Leggings, shorts, jeans, v-necks, bathing suits, skirts that show our knees, skirts that cover our knees but show our legs, sundresses, high heels, low heels, flats, lipstick, makeup......... You name it and some man is tempted by it. Hell there is probably some man who is turned on by a burka.
But it's always, always, always our fault.
Because men -- the poor things -- are just weak-willed drooling, lusting, sinful perverts and if they stumble because, God forbid they saw something that tempted them (and everything tempts them) -- well then it's Just. Not. Their. Fault.
It's the women's fault for dressing like the sluts that all godly Christian men know that all women are.
Free pass time. Because. . . It's always the women's fault.

BUT we must submit to these pitiful weak willed men who have no self control and they are the only ones worthy of running the world.

How do these women not see the total lack of logic in that?

People who are that fragile should be the ones staying home and letting someone else make all their decisions.

2 hours ago, Koala said:

And we're back on leggings again!

Working women, leggings, leggings, working women.  Round and round we go.

Doesn't the Bible say something about plucking your eyes out if they continually cause you trouble? If this man cannot keep his eyes from roaming over women's bodies, maybe he should do something about it. 

Oh, @polecat, you've just been steeped in the feminism! When the Bible said that, it was being figurative! But when it speaks about the Proverbs 31 woman working, it TOTALLY means she stayed at home and sold sashes at her doorstep. 

#LoriLogic

God forbid a woman think about anything but men. The other thing about this that yanks my chain is that this forum is chock full of examples of modestly dressed women still being seen as nothing more than sexual objects. In some cases, horrifically, this even pertains to children. That tells me that it isn't something about how a woman dresses, it's saying there's something very wrong in the mindset of some men. 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

All I know is she HAS to have the last word. No matter how respectful a comment it, she replies with "but...". She is so arrogant and argumentative. 

Never once has she said "You make a good point," or "I see what you mean and have never thought of it that way."  Can you imagine how she must have gone after her kids about EVERY. LITTLE. THING?!?

Exactly.  Even when someone agrees with her, she will correct them as if they have dared to disagree.

Yesterday a reader said:

@thetransformedwife it all starts with the husband...he is the head of the household...then, the wife should submit...a huge problem is a lot of our men aren't worth submitting to...they need to step up and be MEN, worthy of our submission...(I'm so blessed mine is and makes it easy for me...and yes I know regardless wives are commanded to submit)...I'm just saying the husbands have to do their job first and foremost. Thank you for your daily encouragement and admonishment.

Lori:

wives still submit even it their husbands aren't "worth" it for this is how they may win them without a word (1 Peter 3:1).

Umm, yeah....that's EXACTLY what she said.  Lori just wanted to correct her and be argumentative.

Reader:

Yes that's why I said what I did in the parentheses

Does Lori apologize?  Nope.  Not a kind word to say, or any acknowledgement that she was out of line.  

She's like a snotty teenager.

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

BUT we must submit to these pitiful weak willed men who have no self control and they are the only ones worthy of running the world.

How do these women not see the total lack of logic in that?

People who are that fragile should be the ones staying home and letting someone else make all their decisions.

So true! Ironic how women who aren't submissive seem to have much higher opinions of how men are capable of behaving, too. 

If a man is turned on by a woman for whatever reason, it's his choice if he decides to pursue something and his responsibility to stop if she doesn't consent. This implicit idea that men need to be protected from sick urges instead of, you know, not having such thoughts in the first place or seeking professional help if they do, is disgusting. 

14 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Pretty sure that means the Maxwells are white collar. Although they have so many "businesses" as well as Tits2 it's hard to pigeon-hole them.

Didn't one of the younger Maxwell sons have some kind of small construction/handyman type business years back?

I agree, for the most part they are white collar.

From today's post (bolded emphasis mine):

They [feminists] don’t like it when an older woman like me tries to encourage and convince younger women to be homemakers, bear children, be help meets to their husbands, and find joy in doing these things.

I don't think anyone has problems with older women encouraging younger women to be good wives and mothers, it's when that encouragement becomes guilt-tripping and bullying others who don't adhere to a specific strict interpretation of what being a homemaker is that it's an issue. There is a HUGE difference between teaching young women home-making skills and encouraging them to take pride in their domestic activities versus insisting the only way to be a godly woman is to become a SAHM, regardless of one's particular financial circumstances or life situation. It's not just the feminists that don't like Lori's brand of teaching, I'm pretty sure most churches would never endorse her Also, the Bible doesn't command older women to "convince" younger women of these things, it tells older women to teach and model them, just like how submission is commanded of wives in Ephesians, but nowhere does it say that husbands are to enforce submission. 

Lori says:

Yes, but we need to teach women what is immodest in men's eyes and make it easier on the men around us

God even tells us to do nothing to cause our brothers to stumble and dressing immodestly does this. I don't see the problem in teaching this since God does

Right.  Ken and Lori think yoga pants are immodest. There are men who think women in pants, shorts, and skirts above the knee are immodest.   There are men who would be horrified by the low cut tops Lori has posted photos of herself in.  

Why doesn't Lori wear ankle length dresses and skirts to "make it easier on the men around her"?  

In the past Lori has discussed only wearing dresses.  She said:

I always try to live by my convictions, not by how others are living. I just am not convicted about it at this point, neither is Ken. 

Therefore, I think it should depend on how each husband defines modesty. Ken doesn't care if I wear dresses, pants, or shorts. He thinks that I am always modest.

On the one day she went skirts only, she said:

Oh well, as long as Ken is happy with my aging skin and doesn't mind if I wear skirts or shorts, I guess I will stick with shorts at home for now. I guess I am just not really convicted about it at this time. 

Maybe others aren't convicted not to wear yoga pants.  Maybe their husbands don't think they're immodest.

Who is Lori to harp on it?  She would trip all over herself talking about her "Christian liberty" if anyone dared tell her she was immodest for not being skirt/dress only, yet she prattles on day after day about yoga pants.

It's ridiculous.  She just wants to control other women.

That Josh is just so giddy on facebook that Lori did a doodle with his quote. He says he is "beaming". Wow, a grown man beaming over being featured on a Grandma's facebook. Pathetic and weak. 

6 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

That Josh is just so giddy on facebook that Lori did a doodle with his quote. He says he is "beaming". Wow, a grown man beaming over being featured on a Grandma's facebook. Pathetic and weak. 

Well, the point of his comment was that he is pathetic and weak, so I guess his being so happy to show off his pathetic weakness shouldn't be surprising. 

2 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

This is an oldie but a goodie that I always think of when Lori is on a modesty buzz.

Instead of worrying about leggings, maybe she could have a read of it and a think and....oh who am I kidding.....:my_sick:

image.jpeg

OMG  I have never seen that before but I'm keeping it.    GREAT list.  

When people hear of someone being abused they say 'why doesn't she just leave??!!!!"  and I always wonder why they don't ask 'why doesn't  he stop throwing tantrums like a toddler and grow the f*ck up and behave?'  

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived