IGNORED

Lori Alexander 18: Taking Pictures in the Closet

choralcrusader8613

Fundie worlds just collided.  Remember Paulina and Tony (I can't remember the name of her blog)?  She just commented on TTW FB.

:shock:

Then there's Lindy.  She's a real gem:

People often idolize getting away from their kids to be alone with their spouse. I am not saying this can never be done, but it can become a hindrance. Time alone can be done at home, without the cost, and often good conversation without the interruptions from a waiter. 
And yes, date nights are not a fix all. Date nights can be refreshing if surprised by our husbands, but us looking like we need them for our getaways almost makes us feel as though we work so hard that we need these breaks. And that usually encourages us to make "me" time, away from serving our families. 
What we really need is more time serving our husbands and who knows, working hard for him may make him WANT to have a date night 

Are these people just trying to have crappy marriages?  

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THanks foreignfundie, for posting that link. It made me tear up. What a wonderful woman to save the kids and raise them!

Lori:

If women are not to teach men because they are more easily deceived, why should they teach women?

Reader: 

Aren't YOU teaching right now by posting this????

Lori:

*crickets*

10 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Cardiff by the Sea huh? Yeah. Had a friend who lived there when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton. It's not a cheap place to live or visit. Beautiful, for sure. But even on a military, 2 income household, we didn't hang out there unless we were going to our friends house for BBQ. I'm not sure how I feel about someone spending $12 on a salad.... (I totally Googled it).

#socalprincess #bigsalads #10mins&loob I

I googled it, too! Mostly because that turkey looks more like deli meat than actual "roasted turkey." I definitely wouldn't spend that much on a salad full of deli meat, and I'm surprised Lori, with her health needs and dietary restrictions, would even eat something like that. Unless the picture is misleading.

Fundie worlds just collided.  Remember Paulina and Tony (I can't remember the name of her blog)?  She just commented on TTW FB.
:shock:
Then there's Lindy.  She's a real gem:
People often idolize getting away from their kids to be alone with their spouse. I am not saying this can never be done, but it can become a hindrance. Time alone can be done at home, without the cost, and often good conversation without the interruptions from a waiter. 
And yes, date nights are not a fix all. Date nights can be refreshing if surprised by our husbands, but us looking like we need them for our getaways almost makes us feel as though we work so hard that we need these breaks. And that usually encourages us to make "me" time, away from serving our families. 
What we really need is more time serving our husbands and who knows, working hard for him may make him WANT to have a date night 

Yes. A crappy marriage means you are being "sanctified" They used to preach to the high schoolers at Christian school about how the struggles and difficulty in marriage is meant to make you more holy.

(Because 14-18 year olds need to spend their time thinking about marriage..:)

Lori:

Many women didn’t like yesterday’s post about being silent in the Church. This is offensive to them and they tried to convince me by using Hebrew and Greek that I am wrong, as if the translators of the KJV Bible made mistakes and they know better than these men of old.

Unreal, of course those men of old never make mistakes! Imagine the nerve of someone trying to use original language to better understand the bible. Didn't realize she was so hardcore a KJV literalist. 

This comment on yesterday's doodle post really irks me:

I am so thankful Jesus was a doormat so that I could understand my depravity. Should He have been treated as such? No!!! But He was willing so that I might recieve grace. ...

Jesus was NOT a doormat. Not in any sense of the word, but certainly not in any way that Lori or one of her readers might possibly mean. The theology these people have created out of their own warped ideas on submission is mindboggling.

22 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Didn't realize she was so hardcore a KJV literalist. 

Only if it fits her message of the day. You know, Jesus was wrong, according to LorKen.

Also her bible must be a special Version with just "KJ" printed on the cover. It is basically only a one-pager as it contains only a couple of lines, because that is all she uses - I can't say chapters but she often ignores the sentence right before or after the one she picks. It might contain some "annex" with all there theology that we think she makes up. Or it does not contain this annex as she is a prophet therefore knows what Christ meant although her Bible contains only these few lines and there is no value in studying the original sources of those lines...

There are only two problems i have with that: 1) don't call it Christian. that label is already in use for something else. 2) Keep it to yourself. It harms those poor souls seeking advise, not knowing better to looking somewhere helpful and compassionate.

Just in case you can't keep up...

Lori yesterday:

If women are not to teach men because they are more easily deceived, why should they teach women?

Lori today:

Women are to teach the Word to their children and Titus 2:4, 5 to women. 

So, for clarity:

-Women are easily deceived, but it's okay for them to teach children.  Who cares if the children are led astray, right?  Not like there's a Bible verse about that.  Oh, wait....

-Women can teach other women 2 verses from the Bible and nothing else.  The fact that they're easily deceived won't lead them to misinterpret those 2 verses.  

-Lori only teaches Titus 2:4-5.  All those other verses you see her teaching on?  Ignore that. Never happened.

-Women should never teach men.  Those men who are glued to her blog?  Ignore them too.  They are NOT learning from Lori.  They're researching...or something like that. Lori welcomes them.  In fact, if women have to leave to make room for them, all the better.

Finally, the Proverbs woman NEVER LEFT HER HOME, and she sure never went to an evil Bible study!  She did all of her work from home.  Period.

Women are to teach the Word to their children and Titus 2:4, 5 to women. Even the Proverbs 31 wasn’t running around to different Women’s Bible Studies, teaching women the Bible, or attending conferences. She worked hard in and around her home.

On that note, why is Lori teaching about the Proverbs woman?  I thought she just said that she was only supposed to teach Titus 2:4-5.

But, I guess Lori does know best.  Hey, you know something else the Proverbs woman never did?  She never mentored other women via blog.  Matter of fact, she never blogged at all. Something for Lori to think on.

I think that Lori and the fangirls with the constant drumbeat of submit, submit, submit in everything ( and everything means every. Thing.) and "No date nights for you!  Bad Wife. Bad Wife!" know they have crappy marriages. Crappy marriages of their own making. And -- they are seethingly envious of those of use who don't have crappy marriages.

Whether we are complementarian, egalitarian or some form of traditional roles, lots of us here on FJ and 1000s of 1000s of women out there do have happy marriages.  Either because we won't put up with ish and leave an intolerable/abusive situation, or because we're better at picking husband material or because we work at our relationships -- date nights, real conversation, respect, love, freely given  (and received ) physical affection/sex. Or maybe all three reasons.

Lori and the fangirls could have happy marriages too -- if they chose to.  But oh no, it is so much more godly to endure a crappy marriage in PA doormat silence. And so, so much more godly to pass judgement on those of us who don't 

We come to this -- because Lori and the fangilrs have marriages that suck, they want every woman to be in a marriage that sucks.

Hence Lori's FB, blog, doodles and you tubes and all the fangirl, and fanboy (looking at you Trey, Josh, Dave, Cabinet Man, Earl, etc) head pats.

I truly believe they want every woman to be as miserable as they are, because it validates their choices and beliefs.  

As we say in the South -- if Mama ain't happy, ain't no one gonna be happy.

48 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori:

Unreal, of course those men of old never make mistakes! Imagine the nerve of someone trying to use original language to better understand the bible. Didn't realize she was so hardcore a KJV literalist. 

She'd love my cousin's IFB KJVO cult. I remember sitting through sermons there that were basically nothing but "the sodomites!" "the feminists" "the ones who use perverted versions!" "Women should be home, barefoot, pregnant and chained to a stove! Amen glory be!!" "God said it and that settles it!" 

Her newest doodle on Instagram. I cannot with her anymore. I think I can now only snark read on FJ because I'm starting to find myself literally hating her. 

EowynW,  it's ok to literally hate her.

Her hate filled screed is hurting and damaging women's lives,  As much as we snark on her and laugh at her, she is dangerous.  We can't forget that.  Her "teaching" is reinforcing all the misogyny that that Dave,Trey and all the others are unleashing on their wives and families and other women in the world.

I find that I literally hate her too, so come sit by me.

@Red Hair, Black Dress: ^that. 

The hypocrisy is blinding. How could she seriously write a public blog post about how women shouldn't teach in public. Whaaaaat. Honestly, does she not connect any dots? If you're already insane, at least be logically consistent in your insanity. 

Wonder what Lori would say to this? My husband is exhausted from working full time for over 30 years. He worked part time in college too. So we recently made a deal, if I can get a new job/ promotion to equal his salary, he's going to take a break. This is a huge step since we lived through tough times financially before I went back to work but I see how worn down & cranky he is. A week-long vacation doesn't help since you have to tackle the same work when you return.

We'd like to retire in 10-15 years but it seems unlikely. Lori would rather my husband work himself to death or a breakdown than take a unpaid sabbatical. I just want him to feel better, less stressed and happier, because I care about his well being, not his earnings. This seems more respectful of your husband than submission!

1 hour ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

I just want him to feel better, less stressed and happier, because I care about his well being, not his earnings. This seems more respectful of your husband than submission!

It sounds like you love your husband and you're placing his needs above your temporary comfort. In my opinion, that's what "esteeming one another as above oneself" or "submitting to one another out of reverence to Christ" is all about. It's not playing some game of "follow the leader" while you carefully manipulate him.  You are making a sacrifice for his wellbeing. 

I just wish Lori's followers would see the light.

Just now, onemama said:

It sounds like you love your husband and you're placing his needs above your temporary comfort. In my opinion, that's what "esteeming one another as above oneself" or "submitting to one another out of reverence to Christ" is all about. It's not playing some game of "follow the leader" while you carefully manipulate him.  You are making a sacrifice for his wellbeing. 

I just wish Lori's followers would see the light.

So well said. Especially what's in bold. 

6 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

So well said. Especially what's in bold. 

Thank you. It just irks me how they turn every relationship in the church or at home into some chain of command where some always have to obey and others are supposed to exercise all this authority.  Just read their writings. It's always about authority and submitting to that authority, but in all those passages, not once is authority ever mentioned! 

4 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Yes. A crappy marriage means you are being "sanctified" They used to preach to the high schoolers at Christian school about how the struggles and difficulty in marriage is meant to make you more holy.

(Because 14-18 year olds need to spend their time thinking about marriage..:)

According to The Church of LorKen, a few decades of misery down here is nothing compared to an eternity of happiness in heaven

7 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

This woman has chosen to disobey and even leave her husband to safe lives of intersex babies. And wait for it, she does it because she believes God created these children, loves them and has asked her to sacrifice her cushy life to take care of them. 

What an amazing woman. It sounds like someone who is really living her beliefs. 

10 hours ago, Granwych said:

No way would my parents let us loaf in front of the TV while they busted their asses doing chores.

Same! I did all types of chores, and the only restrictions I had were things I was too young or physically too small to handle. My mom sometimes cut the lawn, and yet somehow we're all still here

Sorting chores into pink and blue categories seems to magically work best when you either have eleventy kids or have few chores to do because you can afford a housekeeper, gardener, etc. 

I think Lori's pink/blue chore chart worked out just the way she wanted it to.

Ken did the blue chores, and the maid and nanny did the pink chores.  All she had to do was set aside 5 mins (mornings only, please) for Ken, and she was able to "rest".  Easy.

On a busy day she had to work up the energy to criticize her family for not catering to her needs properly.

A reader responded to today's sarcastic notebook doodle:

I want so badly to share this, because I feel the premise is correct...but the attitude at the end is unbecoming. "They have much more important things to do like scroll through Facebook...." Sure, this may be the attitude of women, but it is sin that works in them to feel that Gods laws are null. It is sin that's to blame, regardless of the women. Sin working in them CANNOT be subject to God. This requires love, not sarcasm..... IMHO. I have much love for you, Lori. But sometimes your harshness toward a plain truth in your eyes, comes across as holier than thou to the milk drinkers............remember when you drank milk? would you have seen the love of this post? This is why all our words must be carefully planned, so that not one ounce can be held against you......wise as serpents, gentle as doves.....

Lori's humble reply:

I am sorry but I don't see that as being harsh at all. It's the truth. Most women would rather scroll through Facebook and watch their favorite show rather than submit to their husband. Things like this convicted me when I was unsubmissive because I knew it was true.

Lori should be crowned queen of bad analogies. I love my dog. I prefer him to any hollywood star. That's why I married him. 

Does anybody else think Lori completely missed the point of this comment? 

I think she deleted the one about her bad attitude. Is it still there??

IMG_6391.PNG

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived