IGNORED

Lori Alexander 18: Taking Pictures in the Closet

choralcrusader8613

Lori:

I love to read blogs that challenge and convict me to become more like Christ.

So do I. Sometimes I stop by Girlfriends in God - their posts challenge and convict me.

The Bible also challenges and convicts me. I read it daily.

Sermons at my church challenge and convict me. I attend weekly.

So why do I read Lori's blog? It's like picking up a tabloid in the checkout line at the grocery store. You gawk. You shake your head. You roll your eyes. But you don't buy it. You put it back.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What on earth is she talking about?  The bathroom habits of gay men? 

Lori:

my daughter went to a local university and was told she had to do a paper on the bathroom habits of gay men! Ken told the professor that she would not so my daughter was kicked out of the class! 

Lori has once again admitted that her daughter did attend a local university.  Kind of awkward, because in 2015 she said:

I just don't see how Christians who think it's okay to send children to Universities match this with Scripture. 

There was no way we would send any of our children to an institution like this. Alyssa went to a Christian ballet company where they traveled all over spreading the Gospel. Ryan, Steven and Cassi all went to BIOLA; the Bible Institute of Los Angeles where most of their friends were raised in godly homes and there are godly professors and strict codes of conduct. 

See?  There's totally no way that Ken and Lori would send their kids to some godless university. Except when they did.  

I wonder if "a paper on the bathroom habits of gay men" is either completely made up or if Lori is just stupid and thinks something innocuous is actually a paper on bathroom habits. What class was this paper for? 

5 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I wonder if "a paper on the bathroom habits of gay men" is either completely made up or if Lori is just stupid and thinks something innocuous is actually a paper on bathroom habits. What class was this paper for? 

Exactly.  

Lori had no problem lying about her kid attending a godless university, so I guess it's not a big stretch to believe she also lied about the paper her daughter was asked to write (at the university she supposedly never attended).

This is similar to the time she claimed her oldest gave up dancing when she met her husband. Never mind the fact that the daughter has an entire career based in...you guessed it, dancing. 

Lori tells lies to fit the post she's writing at the time.  She doesn't care one bit if she has already posted something that completely contradicts what she's saying.  

First of all, why is a college student's daddy calling the professor to intervene for his ADULT child?  Did Lori and Ken raise independent children or not?? 

A young adult of eighteen or nineteen should be able to approach his/her instructors. Of course, it is uncomfortable for them but that is part of growing up.  It makes me wonder what else Lori and Ken handle for their kids, even now.

Second of all, IF this happened, it was probably a current events assignment and somebody mentioned that congressman that was caught soliciting sex in a public bathroom. Sorry, I can't remember the details and there have probably been several. 

Put these things together and you have one big parenting FAIL. 

I'm thinking it was probably a paper on bathroom access for transgender people in an introductory sociology course. It seems likely to be the correct timeframe for a university to have been opening up that issue -- and the willful misunderstanding seems on point. (Transgender = "gay"; access = "habits"; "men" assumed because 'men pretending to be women' is the icky threatening part of the idea.)

3 minutes ago, Pammy said:

I'm thinking it was probably a paper on bathroom access for transgender people in an introductory sociology course. It seems likely to be the correct timeframe for a university to have been opening up that issue -- and the willful misunderstanding seems on point. (Transgender = "gay"; access = "habits"; "men" assumed because 'men pretending to be women' is the icky threatening part of the idea.)

In any other case, your guess might be correct. But this is Lori. So I'm guessing there was no such assignment at all. Ever. 

3 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

First of all, why is a college student's daddy calling the professor to intervene for his ADULT child?  

I am a college professor, and you would not believe the number of parents doing that sort of thing these days. I've even had a parent call me to try and have a student's grade changed because Pookie needed a higher GPA for grad school applications.  

Thankfully there are a whole pile of privacy regulations in force now. As long as a student is over 18 I officially can't even confirm that the kid is registered without the student going through a process to give written authorization. Saves me a lot of time on the phone.

Soapbox digression: The rise in parental interference is definitely concurrent with a cohort of students who are absolutely unprepared for failure - once they get a B or a C on an assignment, it's as though the entire world has ended! I had a couple of students just not do their term papers this year because they were utterly paralyzed with fear over getting something wrong.

A much higher proportion of them these days have absolutely no resilience, and I can only assume it goes hand in hand with that kind of ridiculous helicopter parenting + no-fail policies in high schools. Kids need a chance to fail when the stakes are low and they still have a parental safety net, so that they have a chance to learn that they can pick themselves back up again and recover! 

/breathing heavy

Sorry. *cough* Parenting like that makes me nuts.

8 minutes ago, CuttySark said:

I am a college professor, and you would not believe the number of parents doing that sort of thing these days. I've even had a parent call me to try and have a student's grade changed because Pookie needed a higher GPA for grad school applications.  

Just no.  Nope, nope, nope.

*smh*  We have lost our minds.

14 hours ago, Flossie said:

There's a new one coming up tonight on PBS - The Victorian Slum House.

http://www.pbs.org/program/victorian-slum-house/

""Victorian Slum House" takes viewers back to the British slums of the 1800s, where a group of modern-day families, couples and individuals recreate life in London’s East End as their forbearers once lived between 1860-1900. Faced with the virtually impossible task of earning enough money to pay the rent and put food on the table, the participants experience first-hand the tough living and working conditions endured by the millions that made up the urban poor in Victorian Britain. It’s an eye-opening experience for the participants as they each confront the harsh realities of the past and together lay the groundwork for welfare reform in the 20th century."

Thanks for letting me know about that one.

I'm not surprised that Ken spoke to the college professor. I saw a similar incident when I was in college. I took an intro geology course that didn't have a lot of students. There was a student who had been homeschooled off and and during K-12. She told us and the professor that her mother used a Christian based curriculum. Eventually, that student's mom showed up to one of the lab meetings and told the professor that her teaching methods weren't correct with creationism and Christianity. I had different lab time than that student had and other classmates said the mom was a loon and she left once the professor threatened to call security.

@CuttySarkI certainly believe you. My sister has told me countless stories of how she has called her son's college for one reason or another.  One call was because he had not received a package. I had the audacity to ask her if he'd actually walked to the mailroom to check his mail.  

I suggested maybe he had not because our son, a Marine at the time, had just told us "Well, I haven't actually been in the post office for a week, so it may have arrived," when I was concerned about some of his mail. I just sighed and said "It's a good thing cash does not go stale."  

Anyway, my sister was not pleased that I suggested her son take responsibility for his mail because she thought the staff should call him and tell him he had mail.* That was just one of many calls. I am sure that college will be glad to see my nephew graduate. 

*I don't know about the rest of you, but checking the mail was the highlight of my day while I was in college. The mailroom was packed at ten every morning. How could a college student NOT want to check his mail??!?

1 minute ago, usmcmom said:

she thought the staff should call him and tell him he had mail.* 

HAHAHAHAHAH omg. I don't know what size his res is, but there were over 400 girls living in my dorm in my first year of undergrad. There is no way in hell anyone was phoning anyone to tell them they had anything unless it was leaking, screaming, or moving.

On the plus side, our mailroom was right beside the front door, so it was easy enough to look in your box. If it was a schlep across the building, though, I probably would have remembered once every few days. (It would probably be less often nowadays since everything is online, but this was in the 1990s.) 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Just no.  Nope, nope, nope.

*smh*  We have lost our minds.

It would have helped if 'Pookie' had been to class more often, or turned in assignments. But there you go. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I went to a very small university and chapel was mandatory every day. Most people just walked from the auditorium to the student center after chapel, bought a snack and then checked their mailbox before heading to class. My daughter just graduated from the same university. Although, it has grown and the mailroom and student center have been expanded, students still follow the same routine. I always loved watching the post-chapel rush when we visited her. It brought back such fond memories. 

A guy going by the name of "Jeff" had to drop by and post this about his wife. 

Lori,

Is it odd that my wife has only made my lunch for work 2 or 3 times in 22 years? Is it odd that I iron my own clothes for work, but when my son goes to a dance she irons everything for him?

When I have asked her if the same questions as your article and used those scripture, is it odd that she answers by asking me if I have done what God commands of a husband and dismisses that I tell her that Christ is my head and I am hers?

Does she want to be the head of me?

Oh dear.... let's see what Ken has to say to that.  As for my reply to this man? What do YOU think being "head of" your wife means?  I'll give you a little clue: what did Jesus do for you that now gives you access to God?  How did Jesus love the Church?  And what does the Bible tell men to do as "heads of" their wives?  

Let that sink in and see if you still want to demand that you wife iron your shirts. 

Here's part of this "Jeff's" reply on the misogyny post:

The only mysoginists these days are women. In regards to this, women hate women, but only shame the ones who are trying to follow God’s word. They do not shame the ones who are over weight, loud and rude, over bearing and slobs. They shame the petite, quiet, gentle spirited ones who stay home and raise their kids to be respectful.

In Jeff's world, women who are overweight are loud and rude and overbearing slobs and should be shamed.  Good to know. 

Here goes some this and that ranting.

A comment on the misogyny doesn't exist post.

My husband and I quit going to a church where women did do the communion and taught class with men present.
Now we travel 50 miles one way to attend a church body where men serve and preach. We truly love being with like minded people of God.

Sigh... majoring on minors. 

And this. 

What’s worse is, two women I know liked the article. One of them is a Chaplin in an elementary school. The other, a pastors wife. 

What on earth is a "Chaplin"?  Lady, go back to school and learn how to spell. Or look up the word online if you're not sure. To make things worse, this lady may very well be a homeschooling mama.  

How can Lori support such gossip and still think her blog is "godly"?  

Let's see what she replies to this:

Lori, in the post you have written “Jesus the Creator of everything”. Do you believe that Jesus and God are the same entity?

How is this not idolatry?  I thought you shouldn't add to the Word of God.

Record your husband’s words in your Bible. Date them. When you read your Bible through every year, you’ll reread the TRUTH spoken by your husband giving glory to God. Priceless.

I was taught in my Christian college days that women should obey husbands even when being asked to do something immoral, like getting pills for an addicted husband. 

I asked why I should cooperate in the destruction of an addicted husband. To me it contradicted the spirit of the wedding vows, to love and to cherish. But the teacher said that I would not sin, because the husband was accountable to God for his actions and mine. Since by getting the pills I was obeying both him and God, who said I should obey my husband in everything. So I would be innocent.

Even then as an adolescent I thankfully never bought any of this crap, and I am afraid my response to the teacher was not so submissive either. I have often felt ashamed for my former frankness in speaking my opinions in public. But reading the awful story above of the poor woman who was forced into infidelity by her crazy husband, I wish I had got up, left the room and dropped out of class. Both biblically and morally speaking it is utterly wrong to take away a healthy, grown woman's responsibility for her own actions.

But God help you if your husband wants you to work outside of the home! THEN you need to passive-aggressively get him to change his mind "without a word".

Change his mind without a word? That's easy. Pack his bags and show him the door.

25 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Change his mind without a word? That's easy. Pack his bags and show him the door.

Or poke a hole in your diaphragm, like Lori did.

5 hours ago, onemama said:

A guy going by the name of "Jeff" had to drop by and post this about his wife. 

Oh dear.... let's see what Ken has to say to that.  As for my reply to this man? What do YOU think being "head of" your wife means?  I'll give you a little clue: what did Jesus do for you that now gives you access to God?  How did Jesus love the Church?  And what does the Bible tell men to do as "heads of" their wives?  

Let that sink in and see if you still want to demand that you wife iron your shirts. 

Here's part of this "Jeff's" reply on the misogyny post:

In Jeff's world, women who are overweight are loud and rude and overbearing slobs and should be shamed.  Good to know. 

Yes, that Jeff person makes me sick.

Even at his most abusive, my husband never had an attitude quite as awful as that! I'm really not sure how Jeff can claim to be a Christian, with an attitude like that. Is he even a Christian?

Hi all! My comments on Lori's blog are often deleted, so I just comment on spelling and grammar, which are easy to correct. I have better luck at Instagram and Facebook because comments are not easily deleted. But I have seen Lori take down her own status post if there is a contrary comment.

2 hours ago, KDA said:

Yes, that Jeff person makes me sick.

Even at his most abusive, my husband never had an attitude quite as awful as that! I'm really not sure how Jeff can claim to be a Christian, with an attitude like that. Is he even a Christian?

Idk. I see many "Christian men" with similar attitudes. I adore my husband and completely lucked out with him and if I ever find myself a widow I intend not to marry again because Christians are downright scary about this marriage role stuff. 

Is it odd that my wife has only made my lunch for work 2 or 3 times in 22 years? Is it odd that I iron my own clothes for work, but when my son goes to a dance she irons everything for him?

Boy, Jeff sure is a whiny baby-man. Is this his definition of submissive? Well, damn. I used to make my husband's lunch all the time (don't anymore because he mostly eats at the cafeteria these days). I must be a submissive wife! I'm going to tell him that when he gets home just so I can hear him laugh. :P (While he eats the delicious breakfast I cooked him.)

Yep, Jeff, a woman who fails to make her man his "sammiches" totally wants to be his "head." 

Lori, I just wanted to tell you that for a few months now, my husband forbade me from reading your blog because of the comments of some of your male readers. In the time I wasn’t reading it, I actually felt my attitude towards my husband change. Only slightly, but it was a very definite shift. After discussing it with him, we decided that I would read it again, but just ignore the comments from those men (and women, if the case may be) who I/we disagree with rather than letting them upset me, and although I only started reading this blog daily again less than two weeks ago, I’ve felt my attitude slowly softening once again. I’m becoming more submissive towards him again, and he’s noticed the difference in me, too.

Aw, look, Lori's readers using passive-aggressive manipulation to get whatever they want out of their husbands. In grown-up world, their husbands would say, Look, read what you want, and they'd be responsible adults and read things that were healthy for them and their relationships. But in Lori-world, they have to play these stupid games. 

Yep. Lots of manipulation in these camps. I remember my mom telling us how we could "influence our husbands" without using direct communication. Sickens me. 

43 minutes ago, polecat said:

Boy, Jeff sure is a whiny baby-man. Is this his definition of submissive? Well, damn. I used to make my husband's lunch all the time (don't anymore because he mostly eats at the cafeteria these days). I must be a submissive wife! I'm going to tell him that when he gets home just so I can hear him laugh. [emoji14] (While he eats the delicious breakfast I cooked him.)

Yep, Jeff, a woman who fails to make her man his "sammiches" totally wants to be his "head." 

Lori, I just wanted to tell you that for a few months now, my husband forbade me from reading your blog because of the comments of some of your male readers. In the time I wasn’t reading it, I actually felt my attitude towards my husband change. Only slightly, but it was a very definite shift. After discussing it with him, we decided that I would read it again, but just ignore the comments from those men (and women, if the case may be) who I/we disagree with rather than letting them upset me, and although I only started reading this blog daily again less than two weeks ago, I’ve felt my attitude slowly softening once again. I’m becoming more submissive towards him again, and he’s noticed the difference in me, too.

Why do I feel like that comment is fake? It strokes Lori's ego way too perfectly. Her blog is the only thing keeping wives submissive. If they don't read it for a few weeks, they fail and must come back. Look how important Lori is!

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived