IGNORED

Where In The World Is Doug Philips (Who Is A Tool)?? (Part 4)

Destiny

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Howl said:

Is he Darby's intended or is that another son?

He's Delaney's intended. 

57 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

He's Delaney's intended. 

Got it! 

13 hours ago, teachergirl said:

No, he went to that faux Reformation Bible college in Florida that the Sproul women have attended.....

Yes, the unaccredited Bible college started by his fiancee's grandpa, RC Sproul, Sn.  The place that recently fired allowed Spanky to resign.

A far cry from Harvard but it does have some faculty with genuine degrees from accredited universities.  I wonder what Joshua majored in.

On 5/5/2017 at 11:05 PM, Palimpsest said:

Persevero!  It sounds like a spell in Harry Potter.

In Italian it means "I persist", same in latin. I find it annoyingly emphatic.

2 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

In Italian it means "I persist", same in latin. I find it annoyingly emphatic.

I was joking.  Natty was going for the Latin meaning and it sounds pretentious from him.  The VF interns were also all far to fond of adding exclamation points to the names of their little hobbies.  That's why we call Peter B. Bradrick!

Oh I imagined you knew it Mrs P :my_biggrin:. I just meant to underline how strange it sounds in my language too. It sounds very awkward and arrogant as a publication title.

There is a family picture including Doug on Beall's Instagram. She's either in complete denial, or is just staying with him "for the kids." Or doesn't care about the Lady Flo shenanigans, although that seems seriously unlikely. Doug continues to look like a shadow of his former self.

1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

There is a family picture including Doug on Beall's Instagram.

Is it at the graduation? 

So his robe has been worn for 93 years. First by his great grandfather in 1924 (Harvard), grandmother (1961), father (1989) among other family members. We agreed tonight to have it worn for another 100.

Great grandfather - graduate of Harvard

Grandmother - college graduate 

Father & Mother - graduates of William & Mary

Son - graduate of an unaccredited school, Reformation Bible "College"

Sisters - SOTDRT  + WW II cosplay

Looks like a living example of devolution to me.

ETA: After posting the above, found a bio of Margaret Phillips (Doug's mother), written by her late husband on the occasion of her getting Eagle Forum's Homemaker of the Year award.  It's interesting to see that higher education was NOT a problem for Doug's sainted father.

54 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Is it at the graduation? 

Yes. Justice is absent but everybody else is there.

59 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Looks like a living example of devolution to me.

ETA: After posting the above, found a bio of Margaret Phillips (Doug's mother), written by her late husband on the occasion of her getting Eagle Forum's Homemaker of the Year award.  It's interesting to see that higher education was NOT a problem for Doug's sainted father.

Agreed 1000%. And note the hubris in the bio HP wrote of his wife wherein he characterizes himself as "trying to save the country."The grandiosity is straight from the tree to the apple. 

1 hour ago, ladyamylynn said:

Yes. Justice is absent but everybody else is there.

Good Lord, he had the balls to show up at RC Sproul Sr.'s graduation ceremony when even the most delicate of ladies like Becky Morecraft are well aware of his recent shenanigans (and are commenting about them on social media)? I'm sure RC Sr. and Vesta really appreciate him dragging his scandal all over their campus when they've already got their hands full with Precious. Can you imagine the awkward conversations? 

3 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

There is a family picture including Doug on Beall's Instagram. She's either in complete denial, or is just staying with him "for the kids." Or doesn't care about the Lady Flo shenanigans, although that seems seriously unlikely. Doug continues to look like a shadow of his former self.

I'm not seeing this on Beall's "E.B.P." Instagram. Can the pic be posted here? Please and thank you!

10 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Anyone recognize the lady in the back?

Pretty sure it's Doug's mother. 

Sorry everybody if I go back to the "Persevero!" thing. Now I know why it annoys me.

The verb is in the wrong mode, they probably meant it exhortatively ("persist!") but both in italian and in latin the first singular person of the indicative mode is never meant to be exhortative. This is why you should never choose something as important as a title in a language you don't master.

Sorry for the derailment, but I am always fascinated by fundies obliviousness to their own ignorance.

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

It's definitely Margaret Phillips. And yes, Doug is looking a bit worse for wear.

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Definitely Peggy Phillips who as an Irish Catholic married a Jewish man in the early 1960s and as we know they were not groundbreakers in liberalism. If Beall doesn't talk to the girls about marrying against her parents wishes, perhaps Peggy does.  

God bless Justice  Run man, run 

1 hour ago, Flyinthesoup said:

They are sitting at opposite ends of the table.  

And so many non-vintage baseball caps. 

I was going to comment on the baseball caps, only because they have them on, indoors, I would have thought that was a no-no!

3 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Agreed 1000%. And note the hubris in the bio HP wrote of his wife wherein he characterizes himself as "trying to save the country."The grandiosity is straight from the tree to the apple. 

That bio is horrid and it's about everything Howard Phillips.   Oh, and to get the ball rolling, the first four paragraphs were about Peggy's father, a doctor who hated socialized medicine, although he went to Harvard undergrad and Harvard Medical on scholarships, which is another way to say that somebody else footed the bill.  Then Howard fluffs his accomplishments by letting us know what laudable activity he was engaged in when each baby was born.

Howard Phillips apparently modeled for his oldest son how to be a pompous, self congratulatory ass.  The. worst.  No hint of affection for his wife, admiration for her accomplishments or any hint of humor.  None. 

I'll never understand how VF people simultaneously rail against colleges as the new Babylon or whatever, and also have this weird hard-on for Ivy League schools...

4 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

I've been meaning to call an old(et than me) acquaintance but all his Facebook photos show him with the same reverse-raccoon face as The Elder Mrs. Phillips. St first I figured he'd had a chemical perl but he looks flaming red with big white spaces around his eyes every. photo. ever. Every day, red like that.

Anybody know what's up with that? Or have an idea?

26 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I've been meaning to call an old(et than me) acquaintance but all his Facebook photos show him with the same reverse-raccoon face as The Elder Mrs. Phillips. St first I figured he'd had a chemical perl but he looks flaming red with big white spaces around his eyes every. photo. ever. Every day, red like that.

Anybody know what's up with that? Or have an idea?

I think it's because of the big sunglasses she was wearing and then getting sun.  On one of the other Instagram accounts she has, there's a photo of grandma with a grandaughter and she has big dark sunglasses on.  It made me think about my own eye surgery, last year, and wondered how I might have looked to others! :P  That's the only reason I took notice of that. 

Thank you, @Flyinthesoup!

it did remind me of how I looked after anti-acne sun lamp treatment in days of yore, now you mention it! And this guy is retired so doubtless is out & about a lot. All righty, then.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived