IGNORED

Where In The World Is Doug Philips (Who Is A Tool)?? (Part 4)

Destiny

15 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

I'm sure RC Sr. and Vesta really appreciate him dragging his scandal all over their campus when they've already got their hands full with Precious. Can you imagine the awkward conversations? 

I have to admit that I'm feeling sorry for both JT and Delaney. They look very happy together, but with all the craziness both of their fathers have been into, I'm sure wedding planning has got to be stressful.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would imagine that the wedding planning has to have a contingency for Precious being in prison.  How crazy is that?  The other contingency plan has to deal with the father of the bride being shit-faced at the ceremony and reception.   No child deserves this. 

I really do hope that DP and Beall are on good terms at the wedding.  

I personally don't think there has been any sexual impropriety between DP and Flo or other women.  A married Flo and the others are performers in a very, very niche element of dance and burlesque.  He's doing a credible job publicizing that niche element - and that's the extent of the attraction for them.  Does he have a seemingly ditzy middle-age crush on Flo and all young women (and men - He's an Adonis!)?  Absolutely.  Is there a much darker side to his "crush"?  Knowing what we know, yes.  I really do hope it is a crush and not an outright obsession. 

Is the "affection" returned?  I don't think so.  His personal style may be interpreted differently by them; perhaps he comes across as a brash and eccentric American rather than a creepster.  

That said, he's doing a credible job. The videos are nicely edited. I still don't get the 1940s fetish, though. 

On 5/7/2017 at 2:58 PM, ladyamylynn said:

Anyone recognize the lady in the back?

Everyone looks so strange in this photo. I barely recognize Doug. And is that JT across from him next to Faith? He looks odd and he's wearing a wedding band. 

11 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Everyone looks so strange in this photo. I barely recognize Doug. And is that JT across from him next to Faith? He looks odd and he's wearing a wedding band. 

I think it's Doug's younger brother, Sam. 

18 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Everyone looks so strange in this photo. I barely recognize Doug. And is that JT across from him next to Faith? He looks odd and he's wearing a wedding band

I wanted to ask about that, too! I don't follow all the ins and outs regarding the children, so I didn't know if this was some kind of male purity ring or what?  

I don't think that's Samuel Joshua Phillips (nor do I think he would have made this trip). I think it's JT.  Weird about the ring. Is it a selfie or did Delaney take the photo? Did anyone else notice Liberty's tank top? Return of the Daughters indeed.

In fact, I think it is fairly significant/unusual that Mrs. Peggy Phillips attended this event.  Never heard anything about the Sr. Phillips going to Texas although the DPIART Family seemed to have checked in on Howard and Peggy going and coming to Williamsburg or Jamestown or Boston trips etc back in the Vision Forum days. Granted it's easier to get from DC to Florida.

And I'm quite sure DPIRAT they didn't invite Beall's parents/family, of course.

I think Howl is correct about the lack of impropriety with DPIART and the Franco/DurangoShenanigans, as much as I hate to admit it.  Although I agree it's within his dark skill set and he's clearly preoccupied (perhaps obsessed) and inappropriately enthused about and wrapped up in the whole scene.  What must it have been like for him to sit in his son's graduation from Bible College in what appears to be a large sanctuary, only to reflect on the fact that a few short weeks ago he was in a similarly sized space watching/filming all manner of scantily clothed women cavorting and performing in circus-like moves.

What's frustrating about it though is the way that the way of life he (and Beall) lead is ok for them and their kids complete with the multi-generational pomposity that accompanies it. Living in other people's houses, not having normal working or schooling hours/schedules etc.  As someone else has said, I don't care that they don't subscribe to all that crap-faux-Christian-sociology that they forced on everyone else but it's just so rich that they now act like they've always worn baseball caps at diners and run in races with nail polish and makeup and Star Wars shirts.  I don't expect them to make some public statement (although given the way they touted every OTHER aspect of their lives it would be in keeping) but a LITTLE bit of humility or some self-acknowledged, "Having been through the past few years and giving some thought to some of the things we've said or propounded, I've come to the realization or changed my mind about xyz." Don't laugh, I know with them it's nearly impossible, but it's because they are SO SELF ABSORBED and that no standard applies to them without exception that they deserve every excoriation found here.  For the sake of "the little people" who spent their savings on Shaving Parties and Teacups and Overpriced Dolls & Binoculars believing that these people actually were who they said they were.  I take Jen Epstein's words with a kilogram of salt but one quote she memorialized from Beall that rings more and more true, "We don't actually DO this stuff." Well now in 2017 (if not before) that's OBVIOUS.

My bet on JT Phillips' major is something computer/tech related since his job during college was some sort of Digital/Internet Position with Reformation Bible College. I do wonder if during graduation exercises there was any criticism of Roman Catholicism and if so, how that went over with his Catholic grandmother.  Here again, somehow it was ok/permissible for DPIART to have a Roman Catholic mother and maternal background but if memory serves me correctly they were not the most honored faith community by VF.

ETA: Looked at the website. Doesn't look like there is such a field of concentration.  I guess it was something more like "Christian Thought."

25 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

And I'm quite sure DPIRAT they didn't invite Beall's parents/family, of course.

IIRC, they've been estranged from Be-all's parents for years. The only time they've been mentioned was in one of DPIARAT's essays on Be-all's adoption. Otherwise, there's never been any mention of visiting them or them coming to TX.

6 hours ago, Howl said:

I personally don't think there has been any sexual impropriety between DP and Flo or other women.  A married Flo and the others are performers in a very, very niche element of dance and burlesque.

Yes. Despite the vitriol cast about by the good ladies on FB, Flo et al. are either professionals or serious amateurs, trying to do the best they can in these various activities. They're no doubt glad for the decent camera work, most likely, but probably don't give a rip about DPIARAT except perhaps for being amused by his schoolboy behavior.

21 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

IIRC, they've been estranged from Be-all's parents for years. The only time they've been mentioned was in one of DPIARAT's essays on Be-all's adoption. Otherwise, there's never been any mention of visiting them or them coming to TX.

That's correct. But given that "times have changed" one might think it could have been a possibility in addition to the fact that this was a fairly significant family event. Other than the upcoming wedding maybe the biggest one in a while. But Beall's parents must be in their 80s by now as they were a bit older.  It does not fit into DPIART's narrative (and that now of Beall too) and it would require a bit of humility to try and reconnect with them. Maybe one of the children will be curious enough to pursue them one day. 

8 hours ago, Howl said:

I personally don't think there has been any sexual impropriety between DP and Flo or other women.  A married Flo and the others are performers in a very, very niche element of dance and burlesque.  He's doing a credible job publicizing that niche element - and that's the extent of the attraction for them.  Does he have a seemingly ditzy middle-age crush on Flo and all young women (and men - He's an Adonis!)?  Absolutely.  Is there a much darker side to his "crush"?  Knowing what we know, yes.  I really do hope it is a crush and not an outright obsession. 

Is the "affection" returned?  I don't think so.  His personal style may be interpreted differently by them; perhaps he comes across as a brash and eccentric American rather than a creepster.  

That said, he's doing a credible job. The videos are nicely edited. I still don't get the 1940s fetish, though. 

I agree. I know several people who do burlesque, both professionally and as a hobby, and they all have pretty solid boundaries between their burly lives and their real lives, and most of them are in stable, committed relationships. I don't know how general this is, but local burlesque culture in my town has a very low tolerance for drama and shenanigans-- recently, a few performers got called out and put on notice for getting intoxicated backstage during performances, and the venues/people in charge made it clear that future incidents would result in bans-- so craziness like hooking up with a married photographer or any of the other wild escapades facebook fundies are tripping about probably wouldn't happen. 

3 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Here again, somehow it was ok/permissible for DPIART to have a Roman Catholic mother and maternal background but if memory serves me correctly they were not the most honored faith community by VF.

No, Catholics were not honored by VF.  

What is interesting about the Phillips family as a whole is how they cherry pick and appropriate their heritage as they wish.  For the glorification of themselves - and extremely disrespectful of their forebears and their beliefs.

Peggy was born Catholic.  Howard was born Jewish.  At some point they rejected all that (noticeably absent from Peggy's bio as written by Howard) and became Fundie.

And spawned, created, and encouraged the sewage that is DPIAT.

Dougie thought it perfectly OK to channel Fiddler on the Roof at Tel Aviv airport (that was ugly), and Liberty is now touting Great Uncle Israel (did he ever convert to Christianity) and the Bataan Death March for her own purposes.

They are very strange and totally lack awareness beyond their own navels.  I'm trying to be nice to Liberty but she is now adult and is not immune from criticism.

42 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Dougie thought it perfectly OK to channel Fiddler on the Roof at Tel Aviv airport (that was ugly), and Liberty is now touting Great Uncle Israel (did he ever convert to Christianity) and the Bataan Death March for her own purposes.

They are very strange and totally lack awareness beyond their own navels.  I'm trying to be nice to Liberty but she is now adult and is not immune from criticism.

Basically doing the whole "white people who appropriate others' culture when it's useful and they can profit from it without having to deal with any of the repercussions and then drop it when it's no longer useful to them" thing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Howard was born Jewish.  At some point they rejected all that (noticeably absent from Peggy's bio as written by Howard) and became Fundie.

Howard did not change over until much later in life ( I am thinking this may be documented somewhere) and was not fundie when rearing DPIART. DPIART was not raised fundie. I think he was primarily raised political!  Peggy was Catholic to some degree and Doug got into that Pastor Griffith's church in high school or early college. Griffith emerged during Tool O'Ween and disavowed/declared that DPIART went off the rails. Griffith married them and they went to his church when DPIART was in law school. . Brad Phillips also had some association with Grffith. None of the other children were brought up fundie or took it on as their own except maybe Amanda the sister behind Doug and possibly Sam.  The last time I read about Samuel Phillips he sounded extremely Catholic. But I think for his own practical political purposes Howard was always nice to fundies. i wasn't sure if Peggy. persevered as a Catholic or became fundie. 

ETA. Based on this article and Sam Phillips birth in 1985/86 I would put the conversion between 1980-84

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/05/25/us/jewish-converts-and-conservative-christianity.html

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Dougie thought it perfectly OK to channel Fiddler on the Roof at Tel Aviv airport (that was ugly)

:pb_lol: Oh, man, I wish that post was still up so I could go back and laugh at it right now. Also the much-earlier post about when he went to see FotR on Broadway with urban madman Steve Schlissel and their after-show deep conversation about how all those poor Russian Jews went to hell. 

Amazingly, James McDonald wrote a Facebook post years later about watching FotR with the "bride" and kids and said exactly the same thing! "We were all so sad that such nice characters did not know Christ" or something like that. I thought of Doug's post and laughed. 

4 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Kim Coghlan's new book: 

Heh. $9.99 for 66 pages on Kindle, where I'm SURE the 5-star reviews are by complete strangers who paid full price for her great wisdom.

Looks like she's been on a PR tour of sorts for the book because she's so "well-known and well-loved" --- oKAAAY.

On 5/6/2017 at 0:05 PM, RebelliousEscapee said:

... old news, ... visited... Doug WP profile ... snarky ...memes ... in ... comments section ... couple weeks now. 

Sorry Mr. McGregor but the memes appear to be gone now. :-(

42 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Sorry Mr. McGregor but the memes appear to be gone now. :-(

Not surprised.  Those memes were quite pointed. 

18 minutes ago, Howl said:

Not surprised...

The surprise is not that they are gone but that they lasted so long.

11 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

The surprise is not that they are gone but that they lasted so long.

Yes, a week or more?  Enough time for them to be seen by numerous people curious about what DWP is up to. 

On 5/8/2017 at 7:35 PM, Quinquagenarian said:

A. Based on this article and Sam Phillips birth in 1985/86 I would put the conversion between 1980-84

He's only 31-ish? So young and already has literally caused the deaths of hundreds! I imagine Doug roils with envy at only having bilked a couple hundred thousand souls.

Granted, it's from Mnistry Watchman....

FJ discussed it a while back.  FJ called a reckless ass a reckless ass

Too bad Howard & Peggy couldn't have just had daughters. Alessandra Rossi-Filippi TTBOMK is charming opera lovers on a decent scale (pun unintended but it stays) in Germany. Yes, she changed her name but who among us hasn't, when moving to another continent to perform artistically? 

I'm sure JTeefs and Justice are just fine, but I wouldn't turn my back on either one of them. Liberty is starting to look a little shifty, too.  

Beall, you shoulda married that nice boy your parents preferred to DW Cinematographer DPIART [total ISB, there!].

On 3/27/2017 at 4:59 PM, DomWackTroll said:

In the second photo that @ladyamylynnposted, are Doug and Florence standing next to one another, or is she sitting on his lap? It's hard to know, because Doug is pretty short, but I still think it's the latter. What do you guys think? 

Can't tell.  Alternately, she may be standing to his left with her hand on his chest.  The person behind them in the background (visible to the left of DWP's head) does look to be standing.  

5 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

ish? So young and already has literally caused the deaths of hundreds! I imagine Doug roils with envy at only having bilked a couple hundred thousand souls.

Granted, it's from Mnistry Watchman....

FJ discussed it a while back.  FJ called a reckless ass a reckless ass

That is Brad. He is a little younger than Doug. Sam is the much younger one. 

7 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

That is Brad. He is a little younger than Doug. Sam is the much younger one. 

That's Brad? My God, the genes are so strong in that family I can't even tell them apart! I really thought it was Sam. 

ETA: 

P10309821-600x400.jpg

This is Brad. I still think it's Sam in the family photo. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived