IGNORED

Where In The World Is Doug Philips (Who Is A Tool)?? (Part 4)

Destiny

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

I love how the VF men pretend it's a "gossip issue" that should be left to the chatty, silly womenfolk, when the truth is, most of them are just too cowardly-- even today!-- to speak out against Doug and Vision Forum. 

Makes you wonder what Doug has on all of them. He is doing something that they should have no problem condemning, yet the silence is deafening. 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deborah Christenson just posted the most authentically Christian comment on that fb thread thus far.  Good for her.

5 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Deborah Christenson just posted the most authentically Christian comment on that fb thread thus far.

I don't see it. Is it buried in one of the sub conversations? 

9 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I don't see it. Is it buried in one of the sub conversations? 

She's commented here and in this comment thread within the last 24 hours.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Makes you wonder what Doug has on all of them. He is doing something that they should have no problem condemning, yet the silence is deafening. 

But in the meantime, they'll make some more money off the suckers believers who bankrolled VF.

Looking at YOU, Scott Brown and Voddie Baucham, Jr.

What a morass. I can't find it now  but what she posted this afternoon led off with a refutation vis a vis Woman at the Well and Saul/Paul. 

2 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

Well, then they would have to admit publicly, in front of women no less, that they were wrong in their association with Doug, and that they exercised poor judgement. Not gonna happen. They'll relegate any truth-telling on this matter to the lady-folk, who are acting as their proxies. 

it would probably be particularly unfortunate for those who are trying to re-market themselves. I'm thinking especially of Voddie Baucham. 

On 27/04/2017 at 3:54 PM, Howl said:

Did he pack his valise, fling one end of his muffler over his shoulder and announce, "Dahlings, I vant to be alone?"   

That is a beautiful, and yet extremely disturbing, mental image! I can totally imagine it happening that way.

6 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Becky Morecraft is sickened by this? Wasn't her husband one of "the confronters?" I trust she is not SURPRISED. These folks are incredibly slow to wise-up.  Perhaps she is not surprised and just sickened but frankly, they should have been more surprised that DPIART wasn't into some reinvention of himself. Noticeably dominated by female comments versus males.

DWP did lay low for at least a little while and there was definitely word of him being repentant going around in some quarters.  So, if could be that Becky Morecraft thought he'd been genuinely chastened by all that happened. I have definitely encountered a few people from VF-dom who thought DWP may have learned a lesson and would change his ways. Most VF folks I know have been doing soul searching in a different direction, though, and trying to figure out how people really should live as Christians since filtering Scripture through VF CDs, books,etc... turned out to be..erm...not quite as advertised.

It amazes me that Jen F. seems to have no interest whatsoever in this revived scandal. I understand that she is really busy with her job lately, but still... She finds plenty of time to post about other stuff. 

If you find Becky Morecroft's post the one to which I referred from D Christenson this afternoon is  2 below it. I think!!!

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

She finds plenty of time to post about other stuff. 

Such as humble bragging about harassing her imprisoned daughter. 

What an asshole. 

DPIARAT's second oldest Justice is going to spend his summer doing some good, hard, honest work fishing. Good for him! He definitely seems to be the most centered one. (He spent last summer hiking the entirety of the Pacific Crest Trail.)

According to Justice's IG:  thejusticephillips  "Instead of getting out on trail this summer like I wish I could, I'll be spending the next several months in Kodiak Alaska working as a commercial fisherman. With just the right amount of hard work, getting outside, and $$$, it should make for an exciting summer adventure. Stay tuned for what life is like on a fishing boat."

26 minutes ago, Pastors Daughter said:

With just the right amount of hard work, getting outside, and $$$, it should make for an exciting summer adventure. Stay tuned for what life is like on a fishing boat."

That can't be easy work and would be remarkably like real life! Go, Justice! 

10 minutes ago, Howl said:

That can't be easy work and would be remarkably like real life! Go, Justice! 

And completely outside of cell phone range, too! None of Dad's mortifying shenanigans can reach him up there. Good for Justice, and I say that sincerely.  Who knows how his beliefs have evolved and whether or not he's dropped the patriarchal mindset but the kid is exposing himself to a lot of different kinds of experiences and I hope he comes out of it a more open-minded person. 

1 hour ago, Pastors Daughter said:

DPIARAT's second oldest Justice is going to spend his summer doing some good, hard, honest work fishing. Good for him! He definitely seems to be the most centered one. (He spent last summer hiking the entirety of the Pacific Crest Trail.)

According to Justice's IG:  thejusticephillips  "Instead of getting out on trail this summer like I wish I could, I'll be spending the next several months in Kodiak Alaska working as a commercial fisherman. With just the right amount of hard work, getting outside, and $$$, it should make for an exciting summer adventure. Stay tuned for what life is like on a fishing boat."

Hopefully he'll take his season's pay and explore some education that doesn't involve the SOTDRT.

It will be interesting to see how these kids make their respective ways in the world.  It's interesting that one of the Phillips daughters is working in a yogurt shop.  If she's a people person, it could be fun for her.  Durango is a big tourist destination in the summer. 

Maybe the other sisters will follow suit.  They live within easy walking distance of the downtown strip in Durango, and could easily walk to work if they get jobs in retail/restaurants.  With no work experience and the equivalent of a high school diploma, there aren't many other options.  Or maybe they'll find a way to monetize Operation Meatball.  If Doug's business is successful, maybe they'll all end up working for him. 

On the plus side, these kids have probably been raised to be confident* and creative in their lives and likely their home schooling has been competent.  How they'll end up supporting themselves with no college degree will be interesting. 

And don't get me started on fundy homeschool parents with college degrees and even advanced degrees (law school, anyone?) whose numerous spawn don't get that privilege.   

*I have to qualify that, because they have been raised in patriarchy. I am so wanting to know how the patriarchy/headship/modesty angle is currently being handled in this family.  As noted earlier, the girls wear little skirts over tights when running, so modesty is still in play, but even LuluLemon sells these.  They are a thing for women runners. 

ISB ---I have a sense that they spend as much time in Texas as in Colorado. Not sure. Would be great if the girls could go stay with their aunts Phillips in Europe or NYC or their mother's family elsewhere in Texas and California, and get away from the SOTDRT

Oh, yeah!  Wonder if this was in Doug's 2015 NetFlix queue. 

Hi everyone :) Long time lurker (3 years, maybe?). I've finally decided to de-lurk!.

FJ, along with a few other sites, has really opened my eyes to the nonsense of patriarchy. I'm cheering at all the stuff that is happening with Dougie and hoping more and more of the people affected by him will find freedom.

I took Becky Morecroft's creative writing course a long time ago, and remember even then (while in the clutches of extreme patriarchy) thinking that it wasn't all that helpful, even though it was kind of fun.

Anyways, I recently, at long last, got rid of my old Vision Forum catalogue that I used to daydream over as a little girl.
It's still a bit of a wonder to me that all this stuff made sense to me then; and really, I was clinging on tightly to the patriarchal stuff I'd been taught up until about a year to a year and a half ago. I was telling myself that our family was different, that yeah some families had problems but it was them, not the teachings, that were at fault. Then some stuff happened in my life and bam! it was like the blinders were completely off for the first time.

So I find all this stuff about DPIAT to be very, very interesting (I hadn't checked FJ for a while, so had no idea until I opened this thread).

:popcorn2:

@MarissaLeeWelcome!:greetings-wavingblue:

Congratulations on the lack of blinders - and may many follow you!

Welcome, @MarissaLee -- glad that FJ was helpful for you. That's why we do this thing called "snark."

I just caught up with this thread and the Facebook page.  I avoided it for a bit because the slut-shaming of Flo by the outraged ladies on Facebook was making me nauseous.  Blame Doug, not anyone else, ladies.  He's the guy you need to hold responsible for his past preaching and his actions.

A couple of comments on earlier posts.  I'm not going to quote them for space and I can't remember who said what.  Sorry.

The fact that this conversation is primarily among women is interesting.  I suspect that the silence from quite a few of the men is because they are desperately hoping their own peccadillos aren't uncovered.   Others are silent because they are hiding actual crimes as well as sins.

Yes, some of these women are survivors of other spiritually abusive churches and movements.  They have seen the dark side personally.  I wince at the thought that someone could jump out of the frying pan of John Piper and complementarian marriage into the fire of VF and Patriarchy.  Granted complementarian is just a pretty word for patriarchy but - OUCH!

Deborah Jacobsen certainly nailed it with the best and most Christian, in the real sense, responses.

On 5/3/2017 at 3:32 AM, Maxwell said:

Valerie Jacobsen nails it.  Hopefully some will listen.

She really does.  Part of me mourns the fact that they are still having to argue this out.  It is over 3 years since Doug was deposed.  The indoctrination of Matthew 18 and no gossip rules is still hanging on like grim death.

The need for them to argue with battling Bible texts on Facebook gets wearing but outsiders don't speak the lingo.  I wonder if any of these people are in contact with Julie Anne and the Spiritual Sounding board.  She could be a lot of help to them.  https://spiritualsoundingboard.com/

Julie Anne just put up a link to a PhD dissertation by a friend of hers, Pastor Ken Garrett.  I haven't read much of it yet but I think it could be very useful.    It might even deserve its own thread.

https://graceportland.org/2017/04/30/spiritual-abuse-in-the-church-a-guide-to-recognition-and-recovery/ 

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

The fact that this conversation is primarily among women is interesting.  I suspect that the silence from quite a few of the men is because they are desperately hoping their own peccadillos aren't uncovered.   Others are silent because they are hiding actual crimes as well as sins.

Bingo.

Once again, those who scream the loudest & longest about sex and who should have it are the most likely to be in sexual shenanigans up to their worthless keisters.

We see you, fundie "Christian" men. Your days of exposure & reckoning are coming. It's only a matter of time.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived