IGNORED

Safe at Home 2: The Continuing Adventures of The Arndts

choralcrusader8613

7 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

I can only imagine how many Arndts it takes to change a light bulb! :dance:

Indeed.  If it's anything like the drone flying with the panda commentary, there'll be no shortage of feedback. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Some of those comments are spot on. I know we all commented with similar thoughts when TFDW originally posted the photos. 

Can you remember who took those terrible photos of screaming dump truck baby.  I don't think it was Christopher Maxwell.  Perhaps a Staddon or Pecan himself?

9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Can you remember who took those terrible photos of screaming dump truck baby.  I don't think it was Christopher Maxwell.  Perhaps a Staddon or Pecan himself?

Yup. It was Pecan. Baby was Phillip.

Who else? 

21 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

I can only imagine how many Arndts it takes to change a light bulb! :dance:

All of them.  Every last Arndt.

On 7/14/2017 at 9:11 PM, Carm_88 said:

How many Arndts need to take a picture? I wonder if there was a picture of the person taking a picture of Seth taking a picture of Luke? No they probably would have posted it! :P 

In other news, softball season cometh! :P 

Ah, I wondered how "While You Wait For Princess Charming" was coming along. Looks like they've got the cover art!

On 7/15/2017 at 4:22 AM, mango_fandango said:

I can kind of understand the ring thing with photos; size comparison thing. Like when Jim Bob put his ring on Josie and it was able to slide up her leg, it showed just how small she was. 

And Arndt photos are so, so, sooooooo much better than Christopher Maxwell ones. If I wanted a photo shoot for my baby and for some bizarre reason was only able to choose a fundie, I'd go for the Arndts over Chris anytime.

Same here! Despite being talented, the Ardnts don't seem to brag about being the best. I mean, in general, and not just compared to the Maxwells ;p

12 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Yup. It was Pecan. Baby was Phillip.

Who else? 

I had a vague memory that James Staddon took the photos of the other baby Pecans.  James teaches photography at IBLP events.  https://lenspiration.com/  Obviously Davy-boy hasn't benefited from the lessons.;)

Well, hmm. Were the photos for Paul and Davia as bad/awkward as the ones for Phillip? I haven't seen the other ones.

On 7/11/2017 at 2:38 PM, Suz8710 said:

The picture of the rings on poor Phillip's toes is so creepy! Combined with the dump truck shot...I can't even. :confused2:

The rings are SO important because they prove that the baby was conceived and born in wedlock!!! [sarcasm] Not like the bastard fruit of you fornicators out there. [/sarcasm]

I know we've discussed this topic many times, but I still can't get over the fact that the Arndt manboys take (good) pictures of weddings and babies and seem unable to imagine this kind of life for themselves. Not that getting married and having children has to be their only objective, but COME ON! They are fundies! What about "be fruitful and multiply" or allllll the Bible stories about married couples or Jesus being the bridegroom of the church? Heck, even Noah put animals in the ark "two by two." The option is out there! So what sick and twisted things have the Arndt parents done to keep their kids in adolescent limbo?!

There are many, many houses of horror discussed on FJ. Maxhell and the Arndt compound may be the hardest for me to stomach though. At least Nurie Rodrigues will have a chance to have her own family (the pickings for a mate will be slim yes) and make some decisions of her own. The Maxwell daughters and Arndt children may NEVER have a life of their own until the parents die. And that for me is the most heartbreaking. The Maxwells and Ardnts have completely failed their jobs as parents to raise adults. Big fat F. And it makes me so sad.

27 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Well, hmm. Were the photos for Paul and Davia as bad/awkward as the ones for Phillip? I haven't seen the other ones.

I was wrong.  I can't find Davia's (perhaps girls don't get photo shoots).  Paul's were taken by Libby Zellon and Thomas Paine (the same IBLP-to-the-hilt photogs who took their wedding pictures.)

Judge for yourself.  They put the poor little guy in a violin case and also posed him on a piano. 

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/2013/03/23/handsome-fellow/

I've never seen the photos of Paul before. Poor little guy. They are awful. Not as bad as Phillips but still awful.

I'm with you @neurogirl The Arndts deny any sense of logic. If you read all the reviews from their photography business, they are clearly highly thought of by both males and females, not just in the quality of their work but also the guys as people. It's boggling how none has made a connection at any of the numerous events they regularly attend. Especially Luke and James...the fundiest of eye candy imo. :tw_blush:

Oh lord. Those Paul photos are bad. Why did they stick him in a violin case and on a piano? That makes no sense. If his parents were renowned classical musicians it might make some sense... but sticking a baby in a case sounds painful. 

The only Davia newborn photoshoot I remember is the family photoshoot where Davey only gave Pris a short window to recover from labor before expecting her to be up and around and photo ready. 

Not one of his better moments. 

3 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Not one of his better moments. 

What was one of Davey's better moments?

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Well just not being John Shrader and Josh Duggar, I think that's all that he has going for him. 

9 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I hate to compliment him, but I was actually really impressed with how he handled their house.    Not a lot of fundie husbands have put in work like that for their families. 

13 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

hate to compliment him, but I was actually really impressed with how he handled their house.  

Pecan is a worker.  I'll give him that.  But he had a shit load of help with that house.   Those young Keller boys did a lot of it, and Pecan hired out some too.  I have a feeling some of those renovations were not very well done either.  

He also did a whole lot of grifting for supplies.  I'm impressed by the skillful grifting that we are not calling out when it comes to Pecan. :)

10 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Oh lord. Those Paul photos are bad. Why did they stick him in a violin case and on a piano? That makes no sense. If his parents were renowned classical musicians it might make some sense... but sticking a baby in a case sounds painful. 

It not only sounds painful, the one where the case is nearly shut on the baby *looks* painful.

I clicked on those pictures out of curiosity expecting to see a crap thermoplastic student case, and was surprised to see a credible violin case and possibly credible violin (it doesn't look great, but at least it doesn't have four tuners). That being said, no serious violinist is going to pose their baby in a case like that. Aside from the total lack of comfort, babies drool. They spit up. Diapers leak. Any one of those things can make a case unusable in about one second flat. I don't know a single classical violinist (and I know a LOT of them) who had baby pictures done in a violin case. It looks stupid.

Actually yeah I was thinking that about the staining and mess etc. In fact they'd probably be keeping their babies well away from any instruments. It just made no sense to me. You'd think that they'd pose the baby next to a Bible or IBLP leaflets or a photo of Gothard or something...

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived