IGNORED

Safe at Home 2: The Continuing Adventures of The Arndts

choralcrusader8613

I don't usually listen to them, but whilst dusting the office yesterday I put on Dad's latest podcast.

He claims they are wrapping up Vine Valley.  Just three more visits to upstate NY.  They are heading up there now for the first visit and will be back again in the fall and winter.

I'll believe it when I see it, but Rick says he is planning on trying to shop this thing to cable networks.  In installments, "like Anne of Green Gables".  I'm not sure which Anne he's referring to, but I don't think it's the latest (awful) reboot on Netflix.

I was sure he'd try an online pay per view if the monstrosity ever did get finished, but our Rick is thinking big.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFA Mary Elizabeth picking out that top.. it's not completely impossible. My daughter will occasionally choose a flowered top the likes of which my grandmother would put in the garbage bin. There's no accounting for taste..

Just now, Four is Enough said:

AFA Mary Elizabeth picking out that top.. it's not completely impossible. My daughter will occasionally choose a flowered top the likes of which my grandmother would put in the garbage bin. There's no accounting for taste..

I'm pretty sure Cathy makes those tops.

I'm just weirded out by a 20 year old girl dressing in a matching outfit with her mother. I would have died of embarrassment if I was out in public matching my mother as a 20 year old college kid. 

Even though we wear significantly different sizes, my daughter )regular sized) will get into my (plus sized) tops on occasion and use one of mine for some reason..

34 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I'm pretty sure Cathy makes those tops.

I believe you are right. I could swear there was a post about Cathy making a new top. It's always the exact same style. Reminds me of Michelle Duggar and her hair. Found one style they like 30 years ago and decided to never update it. I do wonder why Cathy's are always white. 

17 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I do wonder why Cathy's are always white. 

Best Arndt-watcher guess is that Rick likes her in the white shorts, just like Jim Bob Duggar likes Michelle's hair that way. They are different types of fundies, but Arndt Land is Rick's world, like any successful patriarchy. 

39 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Best Arndt-watcher guess is that Rick likes her in the white shorts, just like Jim Bob Duggar likes Michelle's hair that way. They are different types of fundies, but Arndt Land is Rick's world, like any successful patriarchy. 

That's my guess too. Rick is most likely a leg man and thinks she looks great in little white shorts. I like it when my husband thinks I look good. But I'm not going to wear clothing and hair the same way he likes it for decades. No way.

I mean it's fine to wear something that makes you feel good, but try a different colour shorts! Go crazy! 

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I mean it's fine to wear something that makes you feel good, but try a different colour shorts! Go crazy! 

I know! White is so hard to keep clean! Get some little black shorts. Or go buck wild and get some red ones!

On 8/23/2017 at 9:24 AM, gustava said:

NOT EVER!!!!!!

Now, now, for all we know they have a nice set of clones growing in a homemade Lego tank.  I suppose they couldn't exactly be called grandchildren, but I think they'd fit in just fine.

On 8/28/2017 at 10:13 AM, JenniferJuniper said:

He claims they are wrapping up Vine Valley.  Just three more visits to upstate NY.  They are heading up there now for the first visit and will be back again in the fall and winter.

I'll believe it when I see it, but Rick says he is planning on trying to shop this thing to cable networks.

It would be awesome if it was dark, weird and tweaked like Twin Peaks. 

That girl's lucky.  When I was about 11, my father decided to take his kids from his first marriage on a vacation with his new family from his second wife.  It was a real 'Vacation' movie, years before National Lampoon got the idea that a cross country trip was funny.  

Step mom had always wanted to have a daughter, but had boys every time.  She took this opportunity to buy us new clothes, more in line with what she would buy for her girls if she'd had them.  

My older sister was 16 and got nice slacks, cute sleeveless tops, and sandals with 1 and a half inch heels, in the current colors of the time.  But I was the closest thing step mom was going to have when it came to dressing up a baby girl.  I was short for my age, had chubby cheeks and looked younger than my years.  As a result, I had to go through Disney Land wearing white sandals, white knee high socks, white shorts, and a white pinafore-type thing embroidered with flowers across the bust.  I also had to wear a white knit headband to keep my hair out of my face.  It was more appropriate for a three year old.  I was horrified.

As I heard this song on the radio this morning, I thought how appropriate. Hotel California; I think Casa de Arndt is like the Hotel California, you can check out anytime you want but you can never leave. 

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:49 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm just weirded out by a 20 year old girl dressing in a matching outfit with her mother. I would have died of embarrassment if I was out in public matching my mother as a 20 year old college kid. 

Ah, but Mary Elizabeth is NEVER going to actually be a 20 year old college student. Or a college student of any age. Ever. So she probably thinks it's fun to match outfits with Mom!

On 8/28/2017 at 7:38 PM, JenniferJuniper said:

All the more reason it's tres weird for the  daughter-unit to dress just. like. Mom.

On 8/30/2017 at 8:47 AM, Carm_88 said:

As I heard this song on the radio this morning, I thought how appropriate. Hotel California; I think Casa de Arndt is like the Hotel California, you can check out anytime you want but you can never leave. 

They're living it up at the Hotel Californiarndt!

What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise),

Where your penguin flies!

Oh, good. Vine Valley is almost done again. :pb_neutral: 

I was hoping that maybe the eclipse would trigger some type of... something in the man-boys, but nope. Good to see Mary Elizabeth is ready to step into Mother's white shorts whenever she is needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Rick and Cathy are taking an anniversary trip up into Maine and Quebec. I can't believe they left the children at home all alone! What are they thinking? Don't worry, Cathy remembered to pack the white shorts!

4 hours ago, Letgo said:

Rick and Cathy are taking an anniversary trip up into Maine and Quebec. I can't believe they left the children at home all alone! What are they thinking? 

Wouldn't it be funny if they got back home to find that the kids had a massive party while they were gone?  

I don't know.  What would those kids do if they decided to cut loose when the parents were away?  They're so inhibited and boring that I can't imagine it being too bad.  Instead of cans of beer, Ma and Pa Arndt would find lots of empty bottles of soda.  Instead of the cops being called, a neighbor would have called over and politely asked the kids to tone things down after 9PM, and the kids would have done just that.

Do you think that the kids would have watched a naughty movie, like "The Little Mermaid"?  Got hold of a deck of cards and played Crazy 8's?  What if one of them decided to use the parental bed as a trampoline?

4 hours ago, Letgo said:

Rick and Cathy are taking an anniversary trip up into Maine and Quebec. I can't believe they left the children at home all alone! What are they thinking? Don't worry, Cathy remembered to pack the white shorts!

Oh man, is it bad that I want to see Rick try and speak French? :D

@Carm_88, yes. 

@Flossie, your idea of an Arndt kidult wild party reminds me of something the novelist Fr. Andrew Greeley said about the clergy at the Vatican: "They're so sexually repressed that if God came down from heaven and gave them a 48-hour break from their vow of celibacy, they wouldn't know what to do."

13 hours ago, Hane said:

@Flossie, your idea of an Arndt kidult wild party reminds me of something the novelist Fr. Andrew Greeley said about the clergy at the Vatican: "They're so sexually repressed that if God came down from heaven and gave them a 48-hour break from their vow of celibacy, they wouldn't know what to do."

Well, if the article in this thread

got it right, some Vatican clergymen might know what to do. ;)

Also, Quebec is heavily Catholic. Which I know that is what the Arndts were before the went Church of Rick's Wandering Brain. Be weird if they were all getting back in touch with their roots. 

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived