IGNORED

Safe at Home 2: The Continuing Adventures of The Arndts

choralcrusader8613

@molecule

@JenniferJuniper

Right, it's just that there's quite a bit of open land with houses on 3+ acre lots, etc., and when a tv news report says "outside Belleville" I'm never sure where exactly that might be.

i never thought of Arndt & Hodgkinson being acquainted.  It's simply that since we've been treated to several aerial views of the Safe At Homestead, and the aerial view of the house previously occupied by the shooter showed a fairly large structure, with a fair bit of ground around it, I thought of the Arndt place/neighborhood.

ETA: looked 'em both up and they're about 5 miles apart, almost exactly east-west of each other.

(And there's no significance to that; I'm just something of a map dweeb and notice things like that.)

As I said, this part of the continent tends to have a common look  -- flat! :-)

No snark: like most people around here, I'm heartsick about this, and gun violence generally. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22 year old Nathan in one of the dorm rooms.

Such crap bunk beds to boot.

I don't know if anyone here is a Last Man on Earth fan, but I'm getting a very Tandy vibe from this picture. The balls are missing their faces.

I really hope they're careful about which depositions the 13 year old boy reviews.  Court cases are full of nasty, disgusting things that can be seriously traumatic even for an adult.  

True, but most are pretty mundane.  I'm sure the manboy who typed the depo briefed Dad on the content before it was handed off to the child laborer. 

Which begs a question - Do the Arndts' clients realize some of their work is being farmed out to a middle schooler?

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Michelle is so hunched. It makes her look older.

Osteoporosis, I'd guess.

4 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Osteoporosis, I'd guess.

Yes, that many pregnancies would do that to you. My grandmother had pretty terrible osteoporosis after 11 pregnancies. 

I would be pissed to find out my court reporter was allowing a child to proofread the transcript. Those transcripts are highly important for as evidence in support of motions, fact finding and impeachment at trial. Ordering a copy of a transcript can cost over 1k or more depending on the length. They would definitely lose clients if they found out children were working on the transcripts.

On 6/15/2017 at 5:10 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am scandalized by Mama Arndt's clothing. 

-A skirt a few inches above the knee

-A hint of cleavage

-No slip

IMG_6880.PNG

Yes, the lack of even a lace modesty panel is shocking, I tell you, SHOCKING!  The lady next to her reminds me of Angela Merkel. 

On 16 June 2017 at 7:25 AM, Audrey2 said:

I don't know if anyone here is a Last Man on Earth fan, but I'm getting a very Tandy vibe from this picture. The balls are missing their faces.

It's terribly sad that an adult man is sat on the bottom of a bunk bed set he still shares with his grown brothers. 

My 20 year old is on holiday with his pals right now. Yes I'm worried, I'm his mum, BUT he has  phoned every evening for a quick chat. He is sensible, knows how to negotiate airports, can budget well. Because we taught him. We didn't rule his life but steered him into adult hood ( we hope!!)

I cannot imagine him sleeping in a bottom bunk, waiting to be called to a meeting. WOW.

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Yes, the lack of even a lace modesty panel is shocking, I tell you, SHOCKING!  The lady next to her reminds me of Angela Merkel. 

Ladies (& gents), I gotta say, those seem to be "Do me" heels she's wearing! Not for sure, of course, but sure seems to be some height going on, there...!

I ocassionally check out the Arndt page to see if anything, anything at all is happening beyond Softball and big surprise, nothing! I look at that lot of men and they appear nerdy but friendly and many fundie and non-fundie women are attracted to nerdy guys. It continues to baffle me that ALL those kidults have remained Safe at Home! I keep waiting to see if one or two might even get an apartment in a neighbouring town. They fascinate me.

On 6/23/2017 at 8:29 PM, Markie said:

I ocassionally check out the Arndt page to see if anything, anything at all is happening beyond Softball and big surprise, nothing! I look at that lot of men and they appear nerdy but friendly and many fundie and non-fundie women are attracted to nerdy guys. It continues to baffle me that ALL those kidults have remained Safe at Home! I keep waiting to see if one or two might even get an apartment in a neighbouring town. They fascinate me.

I assume the "adventures" part of this thread title is in air quotes. This family makes the Maxwells appear adventurous. I mean some of the Maxwells found spouses!

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:29 PM, Markie said:

I ocassionally check out the Arndt page to see if anything, anything at all is happening

I do, too. And every time I come here and see that there are new posts I get excited that maybe, just maybe, someone is courting or moved out or is going to go to college. But nothing has ever happened beyond another photo of the white shorts or an adult son with his birthday cake in his parents' bedroom. I just hurt for them.

On 6/27/2017 at 1:43 AM, Letgo said:

I do, too. And every time I come here and see that there are new posts I get excited that maybe, just maybe, someone is courting or moved out or is going to go to college. But nothing has ever happened beyond another photo of the white shorts or an adult son with his birthday cake in his parents' bedroom. I just hurt for them.

You've missed a lot!  They aren't posting those bedroom photos anymore!  

But they're probably still have the parties there.  And, yeah, Cathy is still wearing the white shorts, and Vine Valley is still being edited, and more manboys are in their 30's with one edging towards 40, and no, no one is courting anyone...

Sorry, never mind.  

The Ardnts and Maxwells are so FN boring!  I've tried, I really have. 

I just can't.   They both got me through a bad can't sleep kinda cold though.  Better than Nyquil I tell ya!

Those bunkbeds for grown ass men doh!  I had no idea it was like that!  What did they do to their kids that they accept this life?  :huh:

So, I have a fundy I'd like to share.  Not sure how to go about that however.

I lurked for years, joined and posted a bit until my old phone couldn't hang 2 years ago, still kept reading though!

I'm not sure where to bring this up or how.  Her social media is open to public.  I have to use my husbands IG to ck her out, classic deleting/blocking fundy.  On FB, I can only see a page she took over.  Got banned from her regular page.  I've learned to not post!

It's been a ride with her, the earlier stuff was deleted by her because she changes her mind a lot and didn't want to expose all the satanic happenings in the world any longer.  Bummer.  Still nuts though!

3 hours ago, Beermeet said:

So, I have a fundy I'd like to share.  Not sure how to go about that however.

@Beermeet - if this fundy is not a member of the Arndt family then don't start a discussion here -- you'll need to start a thread in the appropriate forum.

Use the search function to see if the person or family has been discussed previously --- we've been at this for years, so you might well find existing threads on the person you're interested in. If you find something in the search, add a new comment to the existing thread for that person. If you don't find anything, start a new topic -- probably in Quiver Full of Snark.

More questions? PM an admin or mod.

Shoot, I saw there was a recent reply and came over here to see if there was anything new.   Nope.  

Nothing new in Arndtland, at least what we know of but considering we have guys in their mid 30's still sleeping in bunk beds at Mommy and Daddys home, (Gah!  I still cannot fathom this)  I doubt that Rick is hiding anything noteworthy like a courtship / engagement or just simply a manboy up and moving out.  

On 6/27/2017 at 0:43 AM, Letgo said:

I just hurt for them

I can't imagine the lost potential.   Hardworking, decent guys, who could be great husbands and fathers, whose efforts are not being directed to building their own lives but being sacrificed to support their parents both financially and emotionally.  Because there has to be a major emotional component to Rick and Cathy keeping their children "safe at home", this goes beyond just household and financial support.   

15 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

You've missed a lot!  They aren't posting those bedroom photos anymore!  

But they're probably still have the parties there.  And, yeah, Cathy is still wearing the white shorts, and Vine Valley is still being edited, and more manboys are in their 30's with one edging towards 40, and no, no one is courting anyone...

Sorry, never mind.  

What? Wait! No one is courting??? I can't believe it! Who'd have thought that would happen? 

Oh...everyone...

Where is all the bedding from that bed? Please tell me that a fitted sheet over the mattress isn't the entirity of their bedding? 

Well, that was suspenseful.  I had to skip ahead when they still hadn't launched at the 8-minute mark. 

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Well, that was suspenseful.  I had to skip ahead when they still hadn't launched at the 8-minute mark. 

This sounds like the perfect metaphor for their lives.  Too bad we can't skip ahead and see how they all turn out, and whether Vine Valley ever gets finished.

I know they're "boring" to most but I just can't look away. One day I know they'll surprise me :P 

Aside from work which they mostly seem to always do with at least one sibling (except maybe court reporting?), I'd love to know how much time these guys spend completely alone and if they have any friends completely separate from their siblings. 

22 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

I know they're "boring" to most but I just can't look away. One day I know they'll surprise me :P 

Every single time I see there's a new post on the Arndt thread I get excited, thinking, Well maybe THIS time something's happened.  But no.  A giant panda delivered by drone is entertaining,                        sort of                     but it's not a life event or a milestone, like going on a date or getting engaged. 

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived