IGNORED

Safe at Home 2: The Continuing Adventures of The Arndts

choralcrusader8613

Yes it was a definite WTF situation.  Especially since the dad was well off-- even with the 7 kids -- and didn't pay a dime of college tuition for any of them. Or basically do anything for them except feed and put a roof over their heads. Stating at age 8-9 all the boys had paper routes/ lawn moving jobs/ etc. and bought their own clothes, which got handed down and were worn until they fell apart.

I figured out at the time, based on what the former BF said, that the dad was raking in about $13-14K/ month tax free from the 4 sons. The money was coming from the sons' net paychecks

The BF and his unmarried brother were sending $2500- $3000 each every month (the BF sent $3000) and the 2 married brothers were sending about $4000 each, every month.  Remember at the time the dad was still working, making that executive salary.

Then the dad retired years later on that executive pension and of course as the sons made more money over the years the dollar amount of 3/4 of their salaries went up also.  Quick math tells me that by the time the dad died (20 years after I knew the BF) he was probably getting $25 30K every month from the sons.  And yes all the sons married and had children

Who knows what the dad did with it  as I never heard that the sons/ grandchildren inherited lots of money.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

The BF and his unmarried brother were sending $2500- $3000 each every month (the BF sent $3000) and the 2 married brothers were sending about $4000 each, every month.  Remember at the time the dad was still working, making that executive salary.

Oh, I am so going to do this with my own adult children! I'll have a camera running so I can record the expressions on their faces when I explain they are going to be sending 3/4 of their incomes to me every month for the rest of my life. I can't wait! One question, as I want to do this properly, should their spouses be sending me 3/4 of their  incomes, too?

2 hours ago, Letgo said:

Oh, I am so going to do this with my own adult children! I'll have a camera running so I can record the expressions on their faces when I explain they are going to be sending 3/4 of their incomes to me every month for the rest of my life. I can't wait! One question, as I want to do this properly, should their spouses be sending me 3/4 of their  incomes, too?

Yes, and they must show you their tax returns every year so you can verify that they aren't cheating you.

So. Much. WTF. I can't imagine. We didn't want our kids to graduate from college with a mountain of debt hanging over them so we cut expenses to the bone so we could pay their tuition and other expenses (they did all work part time jobs so they could have more discretionary funds than we were able to provide). It meant our retirement savings didn't grow as fast as they should have, but I would never dream of asking them for financial help unless I was facing homelessness and snaring rabbits in my garden for food.

This family is such a snooze fest that I am always intrigued when it reappears.  I will be honest in saying that I have not kept up with the latest and greatest a la Arndts because yaaaawn!  Run Wizzy run!  Am I missing something?  I fell asleep when I tried to read back.

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Yes it was a definite WTF situation.  Especially since the dad was well off-- even with the 7 kids -- and didn't pay a dime of college tuition for any of them. Or basically do anything for them except feed and put a roof over their heads. Stating at age 8-9 all the boys had paper routes/ lawn moving jobs/ etc. and bought their own clothes, which got handed down and were worn until they fell apart.

I figured out at the time, based on what the former BF said, that the dad was raking in about $13-14K/ month tax free from the 4 sons. The money was coming from the sons' net paychecks

Then the dad retired years later on that executive pension and of course as the sons made more money over the years the dollar amount of 3/4 of their salaries went up also.  Quick math tells me that by the time the dad died (20 years after I knew the BF) he was probably getting $25 30K every month from the sons.  And yes all the sons married and had children

Who knows what the dad did with it  as I never heard that the sons/ grandchildren inherited lots of money.

Wow, that's so much WTF, I have no words.

It just kills me when I read stuff like this.  Kid's don't ask to be born into this world and providing for them is a responsibility of parenthood not just some debt or favor that the kids need to repay.  It amazes me that not only did the sons pay their dad, their wives' salaries went toward that also.   And it appears the wives went along enough for Daddy to get his $$$.  That's some serious mindfuckery.

3 hours ago, pook said:

Run Wizzy run!

No shit.  Today's FB post was a pic of her ironing.

When they post a pic of a man-boy ironing, I *might* start thinking things are coming together on the Arndt ballfield.

Most interesting of all was the BF's family wasn't fundie or religious at all.  BF was pretty much an atheist

11 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

No shit.  Today's FB post was a pic of her ironing.

When they post a pic of a man-boy ironing, I *might* start thinking things are coming together on the Arndt ballfield.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the manboys helped with ironing, particularly the ones that don't work out of the house.  As the first 10 kids were boys, Cathy was pretty much forced to use her sons to help with housework. Now, if I saw Rick Arndt ironing, I'd assume he'd been hit on the head really hard with a baseball or something.

• 1 month later...

22 year old Nathan in one of the dorm rooms.

Such crap bunk beds to boot.

Well, I just wasted more time than I should have scrolling through the FamTeam Facebook page. It's interesting to see what mundane tasks they choose as post worthy. David folding towels, Mom packing a suitcase, Caleb painting porch railings.

In more interesting/baffling news, there is a post from a Vine Valley scene with Mark, who is portraying "a small town newspaper editor" interviews Mom. Sitting on bleachers. And then another post of one of the brothers editing a scene se in an old barn. WTF IS THE PLOT, VINE VALLEY?!?!

I am scandalized by Mama Arndt's clothing. 

-A skirt a few inches above the knee

-A hint of cleavage

-No slip

IMG_6880.PNG

How does Cathy look that good after popping out 14 kids? :o 

14 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

How does Cathy look that good after popping out 14 kids? :o 

20 pregnancies.  57 years old.

Take that and stuff it in your Plexus, Jill Rodrigues!

20 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

20 pregnancies.  57 years old.

Take that and stuff it in your Plexus, Jill Rodrigues!

To be fair Jill has had 17 pregnancies. 

Michelle Duggar had 19.

Kelly Bates had the most since she has 19 kids and a few miscarriages. So she's had at least 22 pregnancies. 

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Michelle Duggar had 19.

Kelly Bates had the most since she has 19 kids and a few miscarriages. So she's had at least 22 pregnancies. 

That's fair.  But none of them look a tenth as good as 57 year old Cathy in a short skirt.   Well, never mind the last bit.

42 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Michelle Duggar had 19.

Michelle looks older then Cathy in my opinion. 

Are we sure that she didn't expel tiny pods that were subsequently fertilized and bathed in a nutrient solution for nine (or whatever the number is on their home planet) months?  It would explain her girlish figure.

2 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Are we sure that she didn't expel tiny pods that were subsequently fertilized and bathed in a nutrient solution for nine (or whatever the number is on their home planet) months?  It would explain her girlish figure.

It's as good an explanation as any.  For her and them.

30 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Michelle looks older then Cathy in my opinion. 

Michelle is so hunched. It makes her look older.

I'm trying to figure out how close the Safe At Homestead is to the property where the Virginia shooter lived before he transferred to his car. Just turned on the tv without volume and from the aerial view I first thought it was an Arndt story. 

31 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I'm trying to figure out how close the Safe At Homestead is to the property where the Virginia shooter lived before he transferred to his car. Just turned on the tv without volume and from the aerial view I first thought it was an Arndt story. 

They no longer live in Belleville but in nearby Millstadt.    Rick grew up in Belleville and the family lived there until about 2003, but it's not that small a town (42,000 according to Wiki) and they probably weren't in the same circles.  Rick is also about 5 years younger than the shooter, so he wouldn't have gone to school with him.

They no longer live in Belleville but in nearby Millstadt.    Rick grew up in Belleville and the family lived there until about 2003, but it's not that small a town (42,000 according to Wiki) and they probably weren't in the same circles.  Rick is also about 5 years younger than the shooter, so he wouldn't have gone to school with him.

I used to work in the Belleville area (including Millstadt for a short time). It is a big enough city that it had two fairly large high schools, so even if they had siblings the same age, they might not have known each other.

Cathy has always dressed like a fairly normal person (remember the white shorts she really liked?).  If I had her legs, I'd be wearing shorter skirts, too.  But I don't, and I have zero kids.  She's not dressing immodestly by any normal standard.  

I really hope they're careful about which depositions the 13 year old boy reviews.  Court cases are full of nasty, disgusting things that can be seriously traumatic even for an adult.  

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived