IGNORED

Safe at Home 2: The Continuing Adventures of The Arndts

choralcrusader8613

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Every single time I see there's a new post on the Arndt thread I get excited, thinking, Well maybe THIS time something's happened.  But no.  A giant panda delivered by drone is entertaining,                        sort of                     but it's not a life event or a milestone, like going on a date or getting engaged. 

If one of them was to ever go on a date (not that I expect this to happen), I could easily imagine a drone and stuffed animal being involved. With the whole family watching.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/30/2017 at 11:59 PM, Suz8710 said:

Aside from work which they mostly seem to always do with at least one sibling (except maybe court reporting?), I'd love to know how much time these guys spend completely alone and if they have any friends completely separate from their siblings. 

Yeah, I would think that they must have made some friends. They are involved in some things after all. Would they be able to have just normal friends? 

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Would they be able to have just normal friends? 

Normal?????  Is there anything normal about the Arndts???????

11 hours ago, Dandruff said:

If one of them was to ever go on a date (not that I expect this to happen), I could easily imagine a drone and stuffed animal being involved. With the whole family watching.

This may be the best Arndt post evah!  

@Carm_88 I guess more like a friend who is just friends with one Arndt. It's cool they are involved,say at the Y, but I get the feeling that probably all of their friends are "entire family friends", haha. Like does Luke have a friend that's only friends with him? Except for maybe Mary Elizabeth, I worry the answer is no :( 

@Dandruff I think the whole family would not only watch that penguin drone, but also accompany the couple on the date! :P 

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:22 AM, Dandruff said:

Like a Nanny Cam sort of thing?

I suspect the Arndt chidult would live stream the entire date to the Fam. 

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, Howl said:

Every single time I see there's a new post on the Arndt thread I get excited, thinking, Well maybe THIS time something's happened.  But no.  A giant panda delivered by drone is entertaining,                        sort of                     but it's not a life event or a milestone, like going on a date or getting engaged. 

How sad that it could even occur to someone to describe a date as a "life event" or "milestone." But with the Arndts it's accurate; a date would be a huge event, worthy of being described as a milestone. I'm not holding my breath waiting for it, though.

The FB posts almost read like a Dick and Jane book.  If only they had a dog named Spot...

"Dick and Jane paint the fence.  Paint, Jane, paint!

Mother irons the clothes.  Mother likes to iron.

The boys share a room.  Sharing is good."

5 hours ago, Howl said:

I suspect the Arndt chidult would live stream the entire date to the Fam. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole family tagged along. I remember during the "Kids by the Dozen" episode featuring the Arndts, one of the manboys said that any dates Wizzy went on, there would be a line of vehicles behind, all driven by her older brothers. I thought at the time that he was joking, but now I'm not so sure.

I've also noticed most of their FB posts lately, with the exception of the softball feeds, feature the younger Arndts. It's kind of sad how the older ones apparently go away to their 'jobs' while the younger ones are continually depicted doing yard work and house projects. 

On another note, The Arndt Photography page recently posted the image below. Adorable, I know it's nothing new necessarily but it is well done. I think it was captured by Mark. Overall all their shots are great, but iirc Mark is like the supreme photog. If money was no object and I wasn't so far away, I would absolutely book a consult with him. They also recently did a wedding video for a Baltimore Ravens player. 

IMG_0055.JPG

1 hour ago, Suz8710 said:

I've also noticed most of their FB posts lately, with the exception of the softball feeds, feature the younger Arndts. It's kind of sad how the older ones apparently go away to their 'jobs' while the younger ones are continually depicted doing yard work and house projects. 

On another note, The Arndt Photography page recently posted the image below. Adorable, I know it's nothing new necessarily but it is well done. I think it was captured by Mark. Overall all their shots are great, but iirc Mark is like the supreme photog. If money was no object and I wasn't so far away, I would absolutely book a consult with him. They also recently did a wedding video for a Baltimore Ravens player. 

IMG_0055.JPG

Well, I'm sure it's just me, but if I were the baby's family I'd far prefer just his/her sweet little image, no balloons, no wallpaper and CERTAINLY NOT that big honkin blue moon with

ARNDT

PHOTO&CINEMA

scrawled all over it!

....I know: I'm a philistine and undeserving of anything as fanciful and arteestic as Arndt work. Probably couldn't afford it, anyway. 

;-)

Which kind of makes me wonder about Vine Valley, The Movie and if the cinematography is outstanding.  Wish they'd put out a trailer.  That, however, would imply that the movie would be completed someday....does anyone have a synopsis of the plot? 

The only thing I can think of parallel to the Safe @ Home chidults is a Luis Buñuel  movie (Exterminating Angel) I saw in college.  Guests come to a dinner party, the servants disappear,  and the guests, for some mysterious reason, are unable to leave.  Incredibly weird stuff happens (it's a surrealist movie, after all) and finally, after a number of days, they are able to leave.  Everyone heads to a Catholic church to celebrate, but again,  mysteriously, no one is able to leave.  In the final scene, a single file of sheep head into the church.  The Arndts live a surrealist drama where everything is utterly normal but no one can leave.  Just substitute penguins filing into the house....

I do think the baby pic is adorable and it's not that easy to pull off.  Bored Panda has 15 epic Pinterest baby photo shoot fails  Here's my favorite: 

Screenshot 2017-07-08 at 6.07.42 AM.png

7 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Well, I'm sure it's just me, but if I were the baby's family I'd far prefer just his/her sweet little image, no balloons, no wallpaper and CERTAINLY NOT that big honkin blue moon with

ARNDT

PHOTO&CINEMA

scrawled all over it!

I'm sure the copy for the parents didn't have that.  That was a watermark to stop people from stealing the image from facebook.

I could do without the balloons too but I think the Arndts (especially Mark) are really talented photographers.  I keep wishing that one of our FJ brides would at least have a consult about wedding photos. :)

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Wish they'd put out a trailer.

They do have some outtakes on the main site or on youtube.  Rick endlessly wandering through a snowy landscape and Cathy prancing around like Little Red Riding Hood with a basket.

I don't follow Vine Valley, but the last time I looked they didn't have a finished script and were having to re-shoot a lot of scenes because everyone has grown older!

54 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm sure the copy for the parents didn't have that.  That was a watermark to stop people from stealing the image from facebook.

Oh!  D'oh!!!!

#NotTheBrightestStrobe....

Thanks for the reality cheque. :-)

Regarding baby photo shoot fails, this should be added to the list (if not put at the very top):

(Sorry, not Arndt-related, but too good not to bring up again)

Dump Truck Baby! :D I think that would make the Arndts cringe! 

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Dump Truck Baby! 

Post-count title.  Just sayin'. 

The picture of the rings on poor Phillip's toes is so creepy! Combined with the dump truck shot...I can't even. :confused2:

On 7/11/2017 at 11:58 AM, DillyDally said:

Regarding baby photo shoot fails, this should be added to the list (if not put at the very top):

(Sorry, not Arndt-related, but too good not to bring up again)

I'm so glad you posted this!  Because although not Arndt-related, this is EXACTLY where my mind went with the baby photo-shoot fails.  
How David thought those were post-worthy (and "cute") still makes me scratch my head.  But #Family 

On 7/7/2017 at 10:26 PM, MamaJunebug said:

ARNDT

PHOTO&CINEMA

scrawled all over it!

....I know: I'm a philistine and undeserving of anything as fanciful and arteestic as Arndt work. Probably couldn't afford it, anyway. 

;-)

The balloons seem out of character for their work, I wonder if it's something the parents wanted. And I suspect the baby is being photographed in his own nursery.  I think what they are going for is the baby dropping out of the sky in a basket. The colors are announcing boy? I to would prefer the image without the balloons, but then the baby might just look like it's been abandoned in the mountains. 

And as had already been pointed out, the Arndt sign is a watermark. 

On 11 July 2017 at 7:38 PM, Suz8710 said:

The picture of the rings on poor Phillip's toes is so creepy! Combined with the dump truck shot...I can't even. :confused2:

Some of those comments are spot on. I know we all commented with similar thoughts when TFDW originally posted the photos. 

How many Arndts need to take a picture? I wonder if there was a picture of the person taking a picture of Seth taking a picture of Luke? No they probably would have posted it! :P 

In other news, softball season cometh! :P 

I can kind of understand the ring thing with photos; size comparison thing. Like when Jim Bob put his ring on Josie and it was able to slide up her leg, it showed just how small she was. 

And Arndt photos are so, so, sooooooo much better than Christopher Maxwell ones. If I wanted a photo shoot for my baby and for some bizarre reason was only able to choose a fundie, I'd go for the Arndts over Chris anytime.

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:
How many Arndts need to take a picture? I wonder if there was a picture of the person taking a picture of Seth taking a picture of Luke? No they probably would have posted it! :P 

I can only imagine how many Arndts it takes to change a light bulb! :dance:

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived