IGNORED

Safe at Home 2: The Continuing Adventures of The Arndts

choralcrusader8613

Rick recently posted this about how he found his bride.  

This is a special anniversary in my life, as it was on July 18, 1975, that I gave up the idea of finding the right wife (on my own effort) and literally committed the subject into God’s hands.  I “acted out” the surrender by tossing a wash cloth out of my hands and into the second-story bathtub of my parents’ house. A realization that Cathy was “Miss Right” dropped into my heart on August 18, exactly a month later!

I confess I am not a Christian and know nothing of this tossing of the wash cloth ritual, but I am now imagining scores of Arndt men "tossing wash cloths" every night.:tw_flushed:

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He tossed a washcloth into the second story bathtub. Was he outside on the roof and leaned down to toss it in? On a ladder and tossed it in the window? Or did he just walk up the stairs and drop it in? What was the significance of it being the second story bathtub? Why a bathtub at all? I have so many questions about this. 

I'm sure the Arndt childults are as good at tossing wash cloths as they are at softball.  The problem is that they are tossing them into the wrong second story bathtub.

I suspect this ritual only works with a washcloth tossed into the bathtub on the second floor of his parents' house.

Cue the Arndt boy-men starting to use drones to drop washcloths into the bathtub in someone else's house.  I hope that bathroom hasn't been renovated since 1975.  

Or perhaps, horrors, the ritual only worked because it was Rick's special wash cloth - now 42 year old!

I assume Rick was living independently when he performed the washcloth ritual in 1975, and not at home with his parents?

If that's correct, I think that's significant, as his surrender related to the search for the person who would become both the bathtub-cleaner and [ewww] the washcloth-cleaner in his future life.

The manboys are not doing their own laundry, so I'm not sure the magic will work the same way.

And again, for emphasis, because I have a guttermind:

Spoiler

ewww...

I assume Rick was living independently when he performed the washcloth ritual in 1975, and not at home with his parents?

I believe he would have been at home still.  I think he would have been 18 or 19 in 1975.   Younger than all but a couple of his 13 sons.

We can officially call Rick "a tosser" now!

1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

We can officially call Rick "a tosser" now!

Yes, please!

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

And again, for emphasis, because I have a guttermind:

Great Gutter minds really do think alike!

I think we are seeing a part of the reason why the Arndt adults have not found mates.

Rick tosses his wash cloth in frustration and - in his mind - tells Jesus he gives up, you do the matchmaking for me.

He coincidentally finds a girlfriend at some Catholic retreat a month later.  Bingo.  It must have been Jesus!

So he's brainwashed his offspring based upon this coincidence.  They toss the towels night in and night out, but lightening doesn't strike again and no Miss Rights appear for any of them.  

I want to have sympathy for the likable younger Arndts, but it's hard to feel bad for an almost 37 year old who stills believes the nonsense his mentally off-kilter father keeps spewing.  Put the towel down and ask the nice woman at the gym if she'd like to get a cup of coffee later....

Do you think pizza means it was a particularly hard night on washcloths? :P 

7 hours ago, formergothardite said:

He tossed a washcloth into the second story bathtub. Was he outside on the roof and leaned down to toss it in? On a ladder and tossed it in the window? Or did he just walk up the stairs and drop it in? What was the significance of it being the second story bathtub? Why a bathtub at all? I have so many questions about this. 

That's Rick!  Oversharing certain details while simultaneously withholding others.  Never really lets you into his world - just makes you think he is.

Tossing semen-soaked washcloths--a new post count?

Oh my - the Arndts as a topic have NEVAH caused me to laugh and I doubt they ever will again, and so I bless you, @JenniferJuniper and @ all who replied thereto!

i had to set down my muscle-building energy drink so as not to choke upon it! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry Luke while you are super hunky and most likely a well intentioned guy...your fb caption and choice in pose here just screams I'm dating my sister! :my_confused:

IMG_0184.PNG

Oh that is not good. :o Yikes! Way to drive away any princess charming! 

I just checked FamTeam FB page and not only did I see a recent pic of Cathy in her white shorts but a slow motion video of Peter blowing out his candles in mom and dad's room! So nothing ever changes in that place.

I also want to mention that he blew out his candles with lots of cameras flashing and ME on a tripod videoing the whole thing. Do these people take pictures and video every single aspect of their lives from five different angles? 

On 7/24/2017 at 10:38 AM, Black Aliss said:

I was thinking the same thing!

On 7/24/2017 at 8:38 AM, Black Aliss said:

33 minutes ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

I was thinking the same thing!

It isn't that exactly, but you can see it here:

4 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

Has John been voted out of the Arndt tribe!? Congrats James, you're no longer #6!

Maybe John took the picture?

1 hour ago, Wenny said:

IS one of them sick? like he has no eyebrows or hair....

He has alopecia

so hadn't checked in on them for several months. 

Creepy as always. Nothing changed. I'll see myself out. 

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived