IGNORED

Jinger/Jeremy: Not as Interesting as Jingerbread

choralcrusader8613

2 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

This is the first time I've ever looked into it. I am sure that the Duggar boys and spouses are registered. As it stands, are only men 18-25 able to be drafted? That's kind of how it reads so Josh, JD, Derrick, and Jeremy are off the hook to be drafted (if it happened)?

Yes. Only men (and Transgender women) between 18 and 25 are required to register. Which means only those people can be drafted. 

Josh, Jeremy, JD, and Derrick have aged out.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/10/2017 at 4:10 AM, Kak said:

I think she'd think we're a pack of hateful bitches who criticise her hair, her weight, her fake tan, her make up, her family, how she spends her time etc etc. I doubt FJ would be anymore than that to her.

And how she eats those crackers. 

16 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

This is the first time I've ever looked into it. I am sure that the Duggar boys and spouses are registered. As it stands, are only men 18-25 able to be drafted? That's kind of how it reads so Josh, JD, Derrick, and Jeremy are off the hook to be drafted (if it happened)?

The current Selective Service requirements are in part a product of inertia - Congress hasn't seen fit to change them because they don't expect to use it. If a draft ever happens again, the Congress and/or the President can expand the age range and change criteria if they want (different changes would require different mechanisms). For starters, they very likely would include women. They can also add/remove exemptions. During WWII, men were eligible up to age 35. During Vietnam, they initially exempted married men and men enrolled in college, but got rid of those exemptions over time. 

Re: the life of a SAHW, I have to agree with those who point out that this is likely to be the first time Jinger has ever had any peace. 

Also, I am a SAHW at the moment because I am unable to find work that will "work" for a person with my disabilities. See what I did there? Hey, if you don't laugh you'll cry. Anyway, my days are full, but I find that some folks think SAHWs spend their days painting their nails and lunching with their gal pals.

1) I am on the Board of a charity. We aim to support those with a particular disorder, and to educate the wider public. 

2) I have been a patient advocate for years. People from all over the world contact me, often in desperate states. As part of this volunteer work I help to administrate a support group.

3) Searching for jobs is a job in itself.  I have also had a few bad experiences where I wasted my time going to interviews only to find out that the job advertisement had been unclear and thus wouldn't work with my disability, or that the employer had ignored my very clear communication on application about the limits of my disability.

4) I am in the midst of editing my research for submission to an academic journal.

5) I am learning to drive. This takes up time because I live in a country where you basically have to get a manual licence; the overall pass rate is 50%; and most folks fail the test at least twice. Also, I can only practice in between lessons once a month because I don't know anyone who lives here that can drive. My spouse doesn't drive, and neither do any of my friends. Also, I found out after I got my masters that most jobs in his field require a licence. Yeah…

Finally, cleaning, cooking etc. takes up time.

So I imagine Jinger is cleaning, cooking, and helping out with the church. In between, she is likely chillin’ out for the first time ever.

It kinda the same with me. When people find out I work "for" my dad they think I just get money and do whatever. Nope, I actually built this place even tho it's in my dads name. I'm here 56 hours a week. If I do get out early, I make sure everything I have to do is done. Working for family doesn't mean an easy break. It's actually harder to work for family than an outside boss.

She seems to be enjoying not having to limit herself to skirts only nowadays, so good for her. On a totally superficial note, I love the colour of her top and it really suits her. Same with Jana's dress. The only other thoughts I had upon looking at Jessa's pictures were that they all look happy and healthy and I really wish they would leave this cult.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Yes. Only men (and Transgender women) between 18 and 25 are required to register. Which means only those people can be drafted. 

Josh, Jeremy, JD, and Derrick have aged out.

So my husband got his green card a few months back and just got a letter in the mail saying he's now registered for the selective service. He's over 25. 

I don't think this will ever come up anyway, but I find it strange that he isn't allowed to vote as a green card holder but could serve. Also, if England and the US were involved in a military conflict requiring a draft, I feel fairly confident that as a British citizen, he would be more required to serve there than here. But I honestly have no history with the military so these were just assumptions. 

It really doesn't take that much to occupy yourself. I imagine Duggar life as my life when i am on vacation.

Wake up at 9 am, stretch, dress, go for a run. Then come back, clean the house, have breakfast, oops it is 11 am already.

Call up a friend or family, read a book, maybe run some errands. It is 1 pm already.

Somce the Duggars have very big social circles, I would say have lunch with a friend or church members. Then tea or coffee. It is 5 pm already.

Now it is time for Jeremy to come home and chill together. And the day is gone.

37 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

So my husband got his green card a few months back and just got a letter in the mail saying he's now registered for the selective service. He's over 25. 

I don't think this will ever come up anyway, but I find it strange that he isn't allowed to vote as a green card holder but could serve. Also, if England and the US were involved in a military conflict requiring a draft, I feel fairly confident that as a British citizen, he would be more required to serve there than here. But I honestly have no history with the military so these were just assumptions. 

How old was he when he came here or received his green card? If he was between the ages of 18 and 25 then that's why he got the letter. Immigrant men, regardless of "legal" status, are required to register just like citizens born here. If they don't it could prevent them from attaining citizenship in the future.

https://www.sss.gov/Registration/Immigrants-and-Dual-Nationals

I wonder what it would feel like to wear pants after a lifetime of only wearing skirts. I still have hopes that she will turn out to be way less fundie than the way she was raised.

And Singsingsing I agree and wish they would leave this cult, and just lead happy, normal lives.

I'm disproportionately excited that Jinger isn't pregnant. 

I don't know if that's by choice (thinking of Michael Bates) but if so, you go girl! Even along my most conservative friends (I'm catholic), natural family planning is encouraged and appreciated. I hope that Jinger is able to take advantage of this option without getting shunned by her fundie friends and family. 

6 minutes ago, FundieCentral said:

I'm disproportionately excited that Jinger isn't pregnant. 

I don't know if that's by choice (thinking of Michael Bates) but if so, you go girl! Even along my most conservative friends (I'm catholic), natural family planning is encouraged and appreciated. I hope that Jinger is able to take advantage of this option without getting shunned by her fundie friends and family. 

What was the gap between Jill/Jessa's marriages and their first pregnancies? Jill iirc was pretty soon after, certainly before 6 months

16 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

So glad to see Jinger in pants and not be pregnant yet.  visibly pregnant. 

Fixed that for you. ;) 

15 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

How do you guys know she's not pregnant?

The first poster said "not visibly pregnant". We don't know that she isn't, but by those photos it is pretty clear that she is not four or five months pregnant. Probably not even three months. So no honeymoon baby--like Jill-- for sure, and probably not pregnant even as quickly as Jessa was. 

Whether she is newly pregnant remains to be seen. 

30 minutes ago, seraaa said:

What was the gap between Jill/Jessa's marriages and their first pregnancies? Jill iirc was pretty soon after, certainly before 6 months

Jill: Wedding- June 21, 2014. Israel born April 6, 2015. 

Jessa: Wedding, November 1, 2014.  Spurgeon born Nov. 5, 2015

Looks like Jinger may have a larger gap between the wedding and the firstborn. 

I saw the pictures on Jessa's Facebook page and immediately ran over here to see if there was a Great Shorts/Pants Debate 2.0 :) I, personally, am very excited to see that the shorts/pants aren't a one time thing!

The majority of women will get pregnant after 6monfhs of sex without protection. So it's statistically likely she will be pregnant by May. I just think it would be nice if she had some time enjoying married life without being pregnant. And then was able to space babies more like Jill after that. 

I don't think m/any of her beliefs have shifted, but I am glad she has made a decision* for herself and is comfortable and confident enough in said decision to wear her clothing of choice in front of family members who can be very judgmental. 

*unless the more "normal" wardrobe is a strong encouragement by Jeremy so she fits in with their new church and parishioners and can more effectively serve as pastor's wife. 

And I have to add that it's interesting that Sierra had 5 kids all pretty close together and now her youngest is almost 18 months and still no announcement. I'm wondering if she's doing something to avoid. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived