IGNORED

Jinger/Jeremy: Not as Interesting as Jingerbread

choralcrusader8613

Last thread here:

Thread title is an homage to one of DGayle's beloved socks. :P 

Jinger and Jeremy were spotted with the Duggar clan at the Ark Encounter, which spawned multiple pages of pregnancy speculation. Schrödinger's Uterus strikes again! Otherwise, things are pretty quiet on the Vuolo front, aside from this "lovely" quote from Jeremy:

4 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

He starts out speaking pretty generally about "hopelessness" but about 3/4 of the way through he literally goes there:

If you're feeling hopeless, if you're feeling depressed, the answer isn't out there, the answer isn't something some doctor can give you, the answer is to look within and see the sin in your own heart and how Jesus Christ can remove that sin, remove the slavery and bondage you have to that sin, and bring you to a relationship with himself

At least he doesn't say to try eating a protein bar (he's non-denominational, not ATI, after all)

Fundies gonna fundie, I guess...

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face it. Chances are really high that there will be 4 new grand-Duggars in 2017 in total, including Jinger, of course. We already knew  this in 2016, when Jinger got married. Jinger will probably announce if or when she cannot hide a pregnancy anymore.

The more intersting question would be: Will Anna give birth before Jill does?

If you're feeling hopeless, if you're feeling depressed, the answer isn't out there, the answer isn't something some doctor can give you, the answer is to look within and see the sin in your own heart and how Jesus Christ can remove that sin, remove the slavery and bondage you have to that sin, and bring you to a relationship with himself

Blech, that's such a pile of shit. If you're feeling hopeless/alone/depressed, then you need to contact a medical professional. You don't have to do it on your own, you're not a failure for feeling this way. If you read the words of Jeremy or any other fundie preacher, remember that they are pieces of shit. Everyone struggles, everyone falls down. You don't have to suffer, help is out there. 

Oh no! Jeremy's just as much of an asshole as the rest of them? But he only has two siblings, and he's hot!

Yes, Jeremy, I was definitely depressed because of the sin in my heart, not because I suffered through ~20 years of school with an undiagnosed learning disability. Getting help from a licensed psychologist was a total waste of time, and my doctor definitely didn't give me anything when she prescribed me iron pills and B12 shots to treat my pernicious anemia (a common symptom of which is depression). Nope, I just had to call 1-800-JESUS and order a same-day slavery-and-bondage removal. Then my sinful depression disappeared. Hallelujah!

I have three words for Jeremy Vuolo: Go fuck yourself. :) 

16 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Blech, that's such a pile of shit. If you're feeling hopeless/alone/depressed, then you need to contact a medical professional. You don't have to do it on your own, you're not a failure for feeling this way. If you read the words of Jeremy or any other fundie preacher, remember that they are pieces of shit. Everyone struggles, everyone falls down. You don't have to suffer, help is out there. 

Well said. Medication and Doctors are not the answer for everyone, but there is absolutely no shame in utilizing either of those things if they help you cope or help you to feel better. The most important thing is taking the steps you feel are right for you in order to get healthy and feel better. Jeremy can go fuck himself with a broken broomstick.

ETA: @singsingsingHuh. I'm B12 deficient (I don't have enough stomach acid or something) and have been on sublingual tablets for a few years now. Now I'm wondering whether the depression I dealt with between Middle School and mid-college was actually a symptom of that.

7 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

ETA: @singsingsingHuh. I'm B12 deficient (I don't have enough stomach acid or something) and have been on sublingual tablets for a few years now. Now I'm wondering whether the depression I dealt with between Middle School and mid-college was actually a symptom of that.

It's entirely possible that it was at least a contributing factor. B12 deficiency has all kinds of "fun" neurological effects, although you usually have to be really deficient for a really long time to suffer any of the serious and permanent effects, thankfully. Edit: Not that depression isn't serious, but I mean, like, irreversible brain damage. That's very uncommon in our society, though, I don't want to freak anyone out who's B12 deficient here, haha. Still, definitely get tested and treated if necessary.

Fundies seem to think that one size fits all. Clothes, shoes, and everything else. It doesn't matter that body size differs, feet differ, and the chemical makeup of an individual is drastically different than another. 

Do the Duggars take vitamins? Do they understand the science behind how a body works? Is it only important that they look good? Not that they are healthy? 

I feel so awful for the people who are listening to him preach and suffering in silence. I want to poke people in the eye who treat mental illness as an easy as 1, 2, 3 thing. Legitimate help is out there. Even phone lines if you can't reach a therapist or medication.

Don't listen to anyone who tries to tell you brain function/brain chemicals is related to your sin. It's selfish and detrimental. 

1 minute ago, Pasta said:

Do the Duggars take vitamins? Do they understand the science behind how a body works? Is it only important that they look good? Not that they are healthy? 

What's most important is your "countenance" of course!

I hope they take vitamins. Most people don't need to so long as they have a healthy, balanced diet, but let's be real... the Duggars do not have anything approaching a healthy, balanced diet.

8 minutes ago, Pasta said:

I'm going to go with no, they don't take vitamins. No, they don't understand how the body works because they don't learn science. It's more important to learn about Jesus, he will take care of everything else.

@Scrabblemaster your response in the last thread is one of the most gracious things I have ever seen in an online forum in response to being challenged. 

1 hour ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Thread title is an homage to one of DGayle's beloved socks. :P 

I just opened QoDuggars and got the giggles. You and @Destiny are on a roll with inventive new thread titles.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

I just opened QoDuggars and got the giggles. You and @Destiny are on a roll with inventive new thread titles.  :laughing-jumpingpurple:

I try. :D This is what you get when CC has to work nights and needs to stay awake.

Seen on Tumblr:

anonymous asked:

Jinger was spotted at a college in Laredo about 10 days ago! Poster on FB thought she was a student... GO JINGER

keepingupwithfundies answered:

I REALLY HOPE THIS IS TRUE!! IF SHE GOES BACK TO SCHOOL FOR PHOTOGRAPHY OR BASICALLY ANYHTING ELSE I WILL CELEBRATE SO HARD!!! (Annie)

keepingupwithfundies

ALSO COULD YOU … oh excuse me… could you please send me a link to the facebook post? That would be awesome! (Annie)

The person hasn't posted the FB post (yet), but my question is if this is true, wouldn't Jinger need a GED or some equivalent? They don't say what kind of college and I'm too lazy to google. Did Jinger "graduate" from the SDRT?

3 minutes ago, MarcyMM said:

Seen on Tumblr:

The person hasn't posted the FB post (yet), but my question is if this is true, wouldn't Jinger need a GED or some equivalent? They don't say what kind of college and I'm too lazy to google. Did Jinger "graduate" from the SDRT?

Pretty sure that's where the infamous shorts pictures were taken. She and Jeremy were at a college with their church group, but I can't recall the reason. Something to do with the crisis pregnancy centre?

Here's the picture for those interested:

Screenshot 2017-03-27 14.57.46.png

Poor little thing. Jinger isn't a kid, no she's married now, she's a wife! Jana is still a kid ;) 

Jeremy is full of shit.  That point of view is dangerous.  If a person is suffering from depression, they need medical help.  

Oh, and Jeremy, I doubt you're reading this but I'm going to say it any way.  I'm totes good with all the sin in my heart.  It's made me who I am today.  If I ever find myself feeling hopeless, it certainly won't have anything to do with so-called sin.  It's called depression and feeling hopeless is one of the side effects.   A person can acknowledge all the sin they want (or, if they're one of those awful Catholics, they can confess all they want), but it won't matter at all if they're dealing with depression.  

Dear Jeremy, 

As someone who openly suffers from anxiety disorder, I'd like to take a moment to educate you.

It's a mental condition where my body doesn't produce enough chemicals in my brain; not for a lack of religion or sin in my heart. 

Actually one of the things that triggers my anxiety is people like you who make assumptions and try and tell me I need God in my life to fix it. Have you taken a moment to step back and think maybe God gives us these challenges to be an example of how we can be a good Christian and have flaws? A reminder that no one is perfect? 

Remember Matthew 7 :1

2 hours ago, Jilli said:

I feel so awful for the people who are listening to him preach and suffering in silence. I want to poke people in the eye who treat mental illness as an easy as 1, 2, 3 thing. Legitimate help is out there. Even phone lines if you can't reach a therapist or medication.

Don't listen to anyone who tries to tell you brain function/brain chemicals is related to your sin. It's selfish and detrimental. 

I can't tell how much I love your post today!!!!... Because of my work situation - I have seen two separate therapists (both are familiar with dementia -her's) in the last month...telling me to leave...so legitimate help is out there if you search it and you get referrals. Don't suffer alone.  I AM NOT and I am leaving in two weeks :)

Gee thanks, Jeremy for the help managing my depression! Without my meds, I would, without a doubt, be dead. Jesus can't help fix the chemical imbalance in my brain.

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I'm going to go with no, they don't take vitamins. No, they don't understand how the body works because they don't learn science. It's more important to learn about Jesus, he will take care of everything else.

Maybe they could buy some Plexus from Jill Rodrigues, since that's more Godly than vitamins, right?

I belonged to a new age cult growing up. "Cult" was their phrasing, not mine; I heard them refer to themselves as a "cult" on two seperate occasions as a kid: the first time I heard it, the minister of our church said it, and the second time, the church's regional youth leader for the pacific coast region said it.

Anyway, their whole belief system was basically, "The Secret" before, "The Secret" was published, and I remember depression was never treated like it was a real disease, even by the so-called "progressives" that belonged to the cult. Instead, it was taught that when bad things happen to you, its because you are consumed with negative thoughts, because it was believed that negative thinking draws negative circumstances to you, like a magnet. So, to stop bad things from happening, and to make good things happen to you instead, you had to say "positive affirmations" every day. My sunday school teacher actually said you could win the lottery if you affirmed to yourself every single day "I am winning the lottery" (it had to be affirmed in present tense though, or else you were affirming that it will only happen to you in the future instead of right now, which, wtf even? :pb_rollseyes:) We were advised to change our thoughts before changing our habits, routines, etc., if we wanted to see positive changes in our life. And if bad things kept happening to us, it was definitely because we weren't affirming happy thoughts constantly :pb_rollseyes:! My parents were divorced, so it was mostly my Dad subjecting me to the New Age cult that believed in magical thinking, but when I was at my Mom's house, I got an actual diagnosis of childhood onset depression from a psychiatrist. But even in spite of hard, concrete evidence to that I was just sick and not broken, it took me moving away from home entirely for it to finally sink in that, "Having depression is not your fault, and you didn't bring it on yourself by not being able to force yourself to have happy thoughts."  

There should be more discussion then there currently is in MDiv training about mental illness and spirituality, across all denominations, and how not to treat mentally ill congregants like something is wrong with their soul or their integrity because they live with a mental illness. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived