IGNORED

Jinger/Jeremy: Not as Interesting as Jingerbread

choralcrusader8613

4 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

This is my mother's experience with being diagnosed with breast cancer.

Early December - had a mammogram

One week later - GP called and said she had abnormal results and needed to do a biopsy

Just before Christmas - went to the hospital and had the biopsy

In between Christmas and New Years - saw a surgeon who confirmed breast cancer

Early January - Mother had a lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed

Mid January - Mother started radiation treatments

No cost to her, no waiting.

How's she going? 

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Keyleigh said:

How's she going? 

My mother is doing very well.  She's been cancer free for almost 10 years now, I think.

:)

And here in America you mention, "socialized medicine" and out come the idiots screaming welfare queens, freedom, birth control, abortion, and Twinkies.  The only thing American's give away freely are guns.  

Yes I'm being flippant and yes I'm making a sweeping generalization.   

I don't want to imagine what my years of weekly therapy would cost in the US and the hospital stays for more than twelve weeks. If I know it right, before Obama every insurance could habe turned me down for my pre-existing difficulties. (Right?) So weird. 

14 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Greed has taken over and its become an all mine fuck you society for many many people. 

I do have a question for you, you said you are retired and aren't covered anymore, is that in Tialand or are retires not covered at all and you don't have any? Is this in Tailand or the UK?

I think the poster is in Thailand, there is no such thing as 'not covered' in the UK. Every UK resident gets all their medical care free. Employment status has nothing to do with it. I think maybe tourists are supposed to make some kind of payment now, but my (non British) husband has never been asked for any proof of his residency, so I don't know if that actually happens in practice. 

2 hours ago, Gobbles said:

I don't want to imagine what my years of weekly therapy would cost in the US and the hospital stays for more than twelve weeks. If I know it right, before Obama every insurance could habe turned me down for my pre-existing difficulties. (Right?) So weird. 

They could have. The ACA put protections in place that banned insurance companies from using preexisting conditions to deny coverage. So someone diagnosed with cancer or cystic fibrosis who lost their insurance somehow (through job loss for instance) could very well have been denied the coverage they needed before the ACA.

That protection is one of the most popular aspects of the ACA and Trumpcare would have tossed that protection out.

6 hours ago, Gobbles said:

If I know it right, before Obama every insurance could habe turned me down for my pre-existing difficulties.

Not every insurance plan.  Some employee plans did not concern themselves with pre-existing conditions.  I have one of those and the ones Mr. Flan had also did not discriminate based on pre-existing conditions.  Many did pre-ACA though.  Some had a waiting period and then they would cover the conditions. 

47 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Not every insurance plan.  Some employee plans did not concern themselves with pre-existing conditions.  I have one of those and the ones Mr. Flan had also did not discriminate based on pre-existing conditions.  Many did pre-ACA though.  Some had a waiting period and then they would cover the conditions. 

Am I right in thinking that plans bought on the open market by self employed people etc pretty much universally didn't cover preexisting conditions, prior to the ACA? Not much encouragement to innovation and that famous American individualist spirit if so...

On 3/28/2017 at 9:56 AM, Tangy Bee said:

How much negative backlash has he recieved so far? Surely this will cross over to mainstream media at some point. That's really when he's gonna get his assed served on a silver platter! Tom Cruise did the same thing to Brooke Shields after she admitted to taking meds to help with her PPD. He later apologized when his wife Katie gave birth.

Dude I so wish some mainstream media source would report on this. Like HuffPo or Buzzfeed or one of those (wishful thinking I know!). I think HuffPo has a section just for mental health articles. Their articles get shared constantly and rapidly on facebook. There's no way they would be able to miss that because when something is shared often enough on facebook it shows up in the search on the side panel and he'll be trending for the wrong reason and I think that kind of negative publicity would irk him so badly.

On 3/28/2017 at 10:26 AM, singsingsing said:

I kind of doubt it. Tom Cruise was a major celebrity, but no one cares about Jeremy Vuolo. People magazine only uses the Duggars for wedding and baby photos, and the internet tabloids publish so much junk that I think only the most avid celebrity gossipers really pay attention to them.

I think because of the Josh scandals they get more publicity and scrutiny now than they ever did because the story was reported everywhere! I remember even CNN and The View talking about it. Jim Bob would blow a nut if this happened again.

4 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Now, thanks to the disaster that was the Republican health care plan, Obamacare is more popular than ever, with a majority of Americans approving of it.

Trump must hate this. :pb_lol:

This is why the republicans never wanted it to go into effect in the 1st place, they knew once it was enacted taking it away would be almost impossible without proving once and for all what heartless money grubbers they really are.   For the 1st time in over 4 generations the Republicans control basically the whole country so far things are NOT going the way they hopped.  Seeing has last time was such a smashing time it is to be expected.

On 3/29/2017 at 9:44 AM, singsingsing said:

I'm very sorry about your husband, and I'm glad you were able to work through your grief with the help of a supportive faith community.

As for the paragraph I quoted, yep, this is a snark board. We snark on fundies. Sometimes it's vulgar, sometimes we use expletives. Many people here have been hurt very deeply by fundamentalism, and many are very concerned that the religious right in America is stripping away their basic rights, so you will see anger expressed often. Sometimes there are things said here that I don't like, that I find annoying or offensive. That's pretty much a given when you have a forum with hundreds of different people posting.

You're entitled to your opinion, and it's an opinion expressed by many, but I don't think you're going to find much support in lecturing people here about being nicer to the far right. Nor can I agree with you that there is no 'wrong way' to vote. Of course there is. Not everyone who voted for Trump was bad, evil, or malevolent, but everyone who voted for Trump was wrong. He's an ignorant, thin-skinned, unhinged sociopath who led the racist conspiracy 'Birther' movement against Obama, is in the pocket of Vladimir Putin, and doesn't have the first clue about how to govern a country. And that's being kind. I'm not going to "put my big girl panties on" while I wait for him and his psychopathic cronies to fuck over the entire world. If everyone thought like that, every country on earth would be a dictatorship. Adolf Hitler would have triumphed. The American Revolution never would have occurred. 

By the way, what is it with people joining the forum and immediately jumping in to lecture everyone about being too mean / too religious / not religious enough / too liberal / too conservative / too goofy / too serious / too whatever? It's a real theme lately.

HERE HERE!!!!!! How many ways can I love this post? let me count the ways!

Yep, once Obamacare was rolled out, that was it. It wasn't perfect, and definitely needs improvement still. However, once that bird was out of it's cage, it was never going back in.

As Big Poppa Joe Biden famously said, "This is a big fucking deal."

32 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Yep, once Obamacare was rolled out, that was it. It wasn't perfect, and definitely needs improvement still. However, once that bird was out of it's cage, it was never going back in.

As Big Poppa Joe Biden famously said, "This is a big fucking deal."

Yeah, the problem Republicans have now that Obamacare is already here is that now if they get their way it means taking things away from people, and people don't tend to appreciate that!

I hope like heck we get to keep the ACA, or in a perfect world, move to single payer. The costs of not providing health care are greater than any of our politicians seem to understand.

One of my friends in high school had scoliosis and needed surgery, her family could not pay for the surgery out of pocket and for whatever reason she was not insured. I was too young at the time to understand all the logistics of it, but what I did understand is that at 16 her parents let her marry a near stranger who happened to be a soldier just so she could get the surgery. 

I'm sure that could be categorized as fraud, but for her it was survival. I also had my fair share of contract marriage proposals where a soldier would offer me health care in return for getting to keep his married rate basic allowance for housing. That always kind of made my skin crawl, but a waitress near a military base was perfect bait I guess. 

As a Canadian who has never paid 1 cent for my healthcare or my childrens healthcare this all boggles my mind. How equipping the entire population with universal to prevent people from DYING cannot be a top priority in a developed government is insanity to me. I just cannot wrap my head around this. We've had government healthcare here since 1947. 19 fucking 47. How is this still a debatable issue in America in 2017?????????

@SuhrEnity I joined a resistance group in my area and I met with other women today and one of them was telling me about how her brother lives in Vancouver and was discussing how they love their health insurance but there's like an issue since I think it's the price of it's going up (turned out being 150$ monthly for his family who can afford it) and I was like wow if like only!!

We (re: majority republicans) believe that every need to pull themselves "by the boot straps" in all aspects. Especially with health care, even though we as tax payers PAY for these congress people health care but yet still want to remove ours :2wankers:

55 minutes ago, Minionmayhem said:

I hope like heck we get to keep the ACA, or in a perfect world, move to single payer. The costs of not providing health care are greater than any of our politicians seem to understand.

One of my friends in high school had scoliosis and needed surgery, her family could not pay for the surgery out of pocket and for whatever reason she was not insured. I was too young at the time to understand all the logistics of it, but what I did understand is that at 16 her parents let her marry a near stranger who happened to be a soldier just so she could get the surgery. 

I'm sure that could be categorized as fraud, but for her it was survival. I also had my fair share of contract marriage proposals where a soldier would offer me health care in return for getting to keep his married rate basic allowance for housing. That always kind of made my skin crawl, but a waitress near a military base was perfect bait I guess. 

I married my wife when I did, so she could have health insurance so she wouldn't kill herself.

She had moved to live with me,  and was working at a new job. Unfortunately, no insurance for the first few months, and we couldn't afford the plan anyway. But she has depression. Free clinics didn't help, since she needed ongoing care from the same provider.

I'm so lucky I had taken a seminar on "poverty law" at school; basically, how to help clients get in forma pauperism and public benefits where needed. The materials stated the income cutoff for state Medicare under the expansion. We would be just a few hundred under the threshold for free care- as a household of two. To be that household, we had to marry.

So we did. And I never told my parents why we married so young and fast, because I didn't want to stigmatize her or have them file a fraud complaint to the state or something.

I'm guessing your law school materials specified state Medicaid rather than Medicare.  They are two very different things.

10 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'm guessing your law school materials specified state Medicaid rather than Medicare.  They are two very different things.

Yeah, I always get those names mixed up. Thanks for the correction!

In touch magazine is saying that a source has informed them that Jinger is pregnant with her first child. The source claims she and Jeremy are keeping it under wraps to boost rating for Counting  On and she is  due this fall. I'm not sure whether or not to believe it. Thoughts?

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jinger-duggar-pregnant-129410/photos/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-12-202781

23 minutes ago, lawlifelgbt said:

So we did. And I never told my parents why we married so young and fast, because I didn't want to stigmatize her or have them file a fraud complaint to the state or something.

I'm glad you were able to save her, and that you got to marry someone you loved. My friend was divorced before graduation and a little emotionally worse for wear. I more or less lost track of everyone I grew up with, but a quick Facebook stalking shows that she has found love and a deep appreciation for science. Happy ending to a rough start at least. 

5 minutes ago, Lookingforwardtosidehugs said:

In touch magazine is saying that a source has informed them that Jinger is pregnant with her first child. The source claims she and Jeremy are keeping it under wraps to boost rating for Counting  On and she is  due this fall. I'm not sure whether or not to believe it. Thoughts?

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jinger-duggar-pregnant-129410/photos/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-12-202781

Oh, please let this not be true. Unfortunately, I would not be at all surprised if it were. 

They're just repeating internet gossip as usual. If she is pregnant she'll either announce it soon or she won't be able to disguise it, and then we'll know.

11 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

They're just repeating internet gossip as usual. If she is pregnant she'll either announce it soon or she won't be able to disguise it, and then we'll know.

"This comes shortly after fans speculated she was sporting a baby bump in a recent Instagram shot." http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jinger-duggar-pregnant-129410/photos/jinger-duggar-jeremy-vuolo-12-202781

Um, yes.  Like the "fans" here on FJ.  Endlessly. Because she wore a striped shirt with what looked like a belt underneath to the Ark Encounter and people went nutty assuming a baby bump.

Meta, my dears. Meta!

If Jinger is preggers they will announce at some point.  Until then, hold your horses.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived