IGNORED

Jinger/Jeremy: Not as Interesting as Jingerbread

choralcrusader8613

My husband and I have been self employed for the last 30 years so we have always had to pay for our own insurance.   More than the monthly premium which has always been very expensive, the absolute random application of policy and proceedures is so difficult to deal with.

When my kids were small we had au pairs from Europe.   I was always so jealous of their healthcare experiences.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed a second tabloid reporting a JinJer pregnancy as well. Again, it seems to be based on 'fan speculation' and an unknown 'insider'. All these red herrings are going to take away any impact/excitement when JinJer actually announce their new addition (which will likely be in time for the next season of Counting On). In some ways it almost feels like the tabloids are trying to squeeze a proper announcement out of them.

Then again, there really is no surprise when any of these women announce a pregnancy. All I can do is internally sigh as the another Duggar spawn continues the legacy of famewhoring, misinformation and political breeding.

I don't think Jinger is pregnant just now but if she is she not far enough along for her to be showing yet she may be like Jessa and not want to announce the minute she's had a positive test, the way Jill did. I don't believe the story as it's easy to speculate about a Duggar being pregnant, half the time you'd be right.

34 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I don't think Jinger is pregnant just now but if she is she not far enough along for her to be showing yet she may be like Jessa and not want to announce the minute she's had a positive test, the way Jill did. I don't believe the story as it's easy to speculate about a Duggar being pregnant, half the time you'd be right.

Jill didn't publicly announce until eight or nine weeks - well after she got the positive result. They did tell family before that, but I don't really see an issue with that to be honest (even though they did tell them almost immediately afterwards.) Each couple is different and what works for one won't necessarily work for another.

7 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I noticed a second tabloid reporting a JinJer pregnancy as well. Again, it seems to be based on 'fan speculation' and an unknown 'insider'. All these red herrings are going to take away any impact/excitement when JinJer actually announce their new addition (which will likely be in time for the next season of Counting On). In some ways it almost feels like the tabloids are trying to squeeze a proper announcement out of them.

Then again, there really is no surprise when any of these women announce a pregnancy. All I can do is internally sigh as the another Duggar spawn continues the legacy of famewhoring, misinformation and political breeding.

To the bolded: this really sums up the entire gimmick so well.

Personally, I don't buy that M&JB birthed all these children simply because they love babies THAT much... not even a little bit. Not enough to want to keep having them knowing they'll also be raising them when they stop being "living dolls." I actually don't see Michelle as a baby person; I think she's into babies because that's the 'fun' part of the parenting job she seems almost entirely checked out of at this point (and no friggin' wonder). But it's not only her religious duty -- it's a political one. That's her life's work -- political breeding. 

If a love of parenting were the case, they'd likely have stuck with the 7 they had leading to Michelle's laundry room breakdown, not relegate their daughters to Sister Mom duties so they could birth 12 more and never actually stop trying to have more babies, even when they know it's next to impossible to carry another one to term. She clearly has known she's not equipped to raise all these kids for a loooong time, but... God's politics, basically. They need Christian Warriors to overthrow the planet, the actual welfare of their children in this mission be damned.

Jinger is a Duggar that has been married for 5 months. She is still knee deep in te cult. She is more than likely pregnant 

When the pic first came out, I predicted an April 7th announcement. I still think it'll happen tomorrow but we'll see!

If the Duggars are all for political breeding (which makes sense), why don't they use fertility drug to hyperovulate, to get more twins = more babies per pregnancy. 

18 hours ago, Minionmayhem said:

I hope like heck we get to keep the ACA, or in a perfect world, move to single payer. The costs of not providing health care are greater than any of our politicians seem to understand.

My hope for a reasonable/feasible roll out of single payer is a phased expansion of Medicare. Medicare for all uses an existing and generally well liked program, and also lets us keep the existing network of public and private providers.

The first step is to open Medicare on the individual market - let people buy into Medicare if they don't have access to group plans through an employer. This essentially the "public option" that was dropped from the ACA. I still think most of the opposition to this was because Obama promoted it. If the Republicans get to claim it as their own, most will be OK with it.

The next step is to start letting employers buy into Medicare for their employees, instead of contracting with private insurers - This is just a shifting of money from one entity to another. The insurance companies would hate it, but I suspect employers would love it (cheaper for them) and most people would be indifferent because it wouldn't change their paycheck. It doesn't actually cost the government anything since they are getting premiums to cover the cost of new beneficiaries.

Then start shifting groups that are currently covered under Medicaid to Medicare. This is trickier because it requires significant changes in the way taxes are collected and funds distributed. It would reduce the administrative burden on states, so they should like it. On the other hand, it's a obvious consolidation of power at the federal level, so state's rights advocates would hate it. I think this is doable in a step-wise fashion.

Once everyone is covered under Medicare through come mechanism, start adjusting the tax collection scheme for it - shift away from premiums for employers and individuals, replace with income taxes.

I mean my childhood was absolutely horrific, but at least I get free MA until I'm 26 because of it. 

In Minnesota foster children get benefits up until there 26th birthday. 

Medicare has a co pay, Medicaid doesn't, so we'd have to fix that. We pay a monthly amount for Medicare, even after retirement.

More and more online tabloids are picking up unconfirmed pregnancy reports, and it's annoying me. Sure, Jinger agreed to be on reality TV, and with the family reputation for breeding, speculation and scrutiny will happen. At the same time, can't they just let JinJer announce it herself when they're ready? It bugs me that the headlines are making it sound like it's a done deal, when we still haven't heard anything official.

I see your point but I disagree.  In this case I am glad tabloids are picking it up first (if it's true) because that would ruin the whole ratings thing.  By the time the People exclusive is out no one will care.  And if it's true that she's in the second trimester, that means she herself is using it for ratings.  You would tell everyone by now including "fans" if you didn't have to worry about a show.  It bugs me more that she would use her own pregnancy for ratings.

The worst I saw was the short video announcing Joy's engagement.  JB and M were saying, we congratulate our daughter Joy on her engagement.  Then JB goes, make sure to watch our show for further news. Just like a commercial.   That was the most blatant case of using a life event of your child for ratings and made me feel ill.

7 hours ago, anotherone said:

I see your point but I disagree.  In this case I am glad tabloids are picking it up first (if it's true) because that would ruin the whole ratings thing.  By the time the People exclusive is out no one will care.  And if it's true that she's in the second trimester, that means she herself is using it for ratings.  You would tell everyone by now including "fans" if you didn't have to worry about a show.  It bugs me more that she would use her own pregnancy for ratings.

The worst I saw was the short video announcing Joy's engagement.  JB and M were saying, we congratulate our daughter Joy on her engagement.  Then JB goes, make sure to watch our show for further news. Just like a commercial.   That was the most blatant case of using a life event of your child for ratings and made me feel ill.

JB/M used to do the same all the time on their own show, back in the 17/18/19KAC days everytime Michelle announced a pregnancy I think....it was annoying, but also back then the show *was* the main way people had concrete info on the duggars. Now with the internet and social media and stuff, it's just pain-in-the-ass fame-whoring.  

49 minutes ago, jerkit said:

Looks like my April 7th prediction isn't going to come true!

I don't think the Duggars would do a Friday afternoon news dump--they want more exposure than that!

Just now, HereticHick said:

I don't think the Duggars would do a Friday afternoon news dump--they want more exposure than that!

Same. If it were going to happen, I think it would've probably been this morning.

I know we're not ready for another thread but I just want to put forth a possible title for the next one. "Jinger, Jeremy's favorite spice". Or if she really is pregnant then maybe something about a spicy bun in the oven.

Medicare is pretty much a joke. My husband has it due to being on disability. It costs about 125.00 a month for the premium, has a deductible and only pays 80% of costs. In other words, the co-insurance for his diabetes meds (under part A) would cost us pretty much his entire SSDI check. 

I am on medicaid right now. That's the shit...no co-pays, no co-insurance, no deductibles. However, since our income has gone up, I will be kicked off it in July. Then I'm shit out of luck. 

I actually agree to some extent that depression is due to sin ... BUT only in that because of sin we live in a fallen world.    So cancer and Leukemia and depression and diabetes are all because we are now in and part of a decaying world.      But even if I could completely stop doing any wrong for the rest of my life, I would still live in this fallen world.    I can't stop sinning to fix breast cancer and I can't stop sinning to fix depression.  

I think specific sins also can lead to depression, but not necessarily for the person who committed the sin.    (victims of abuse, for instance)

15 hours ago, anotherone said:

To be fair, I didn't do a big pregnancy announcement until I was 20 weeks. Only family and best friends knew before then. We're relatively private and decided to wait until after the anatomy scan to do a general announcement. I also knew someone who didn't like telling people she was pregnant because everyone always asked her how she was feeling all the time and it bugged her. Just saying, if Jinger is pregnant and in the second trimester, it's possible it has nothing to do with the show and they just aren't ready for the world to know.

7 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I know we're not ready for another thread but I just want to put forth a possible title for the next one. "Jinger, Jeremy's favorite spice". Or if she really is pregnant then maybe something about a spicy bun in the oven.

A Cinnabun!

9 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

To be fair, I didn't do a big pregnancy announcement until I was 20 weeks. Only family and best friends knew before then. We're relatively private and decided to wait until after the anatomy scan to do a general announcement. I also knew someone who didn't like telling people she was pregnant because everyone always asked her how she was feeling all the time and it bugged her. Just saying, if Jinger is pregnant and in the second trimester, it's possible it has nothing to do with the show and they just aren't ready for the world to know.

that and the brand doesn't need her like the brand needs Jessa.  Jessa will as well protect the brand and be the brand and probably doesn't want Jinger in the brand yet because Jinger is a delicate creature despite marrying Jeremy 

Well, Jill can be having her nervous break down, and Jinger can have her privacy, because Jessa is being the brand right now.. She is holding the standard. She is probably coaching Joy on how to have a wedding. She's probably coaching Anna on how to improve Josh.

Just looked back - we didn't do a "public" (social media) announcement until after 6 months... no particular reason other than privacy. Not that any of the Duggar kids ever had that option.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived