IGNORED

Jinger/Jeremy: Not as Interesting as Jingerbread

choralcrusader8613

I am home all summer and I only work part time during the school year. This week, I am working 6 hours today and that's it. So am I, as has been implied by some posters, spending the rest of this week sitting around doing nothing? Not even close. 

Monday: Drove 65 miles to my mother's. Took her to the bank. Took her to get her hair cut. Took her to the drug store. Did paper work at her house for her. Drove home. Made dinner. I was gone for 9 hours, longer than if I had worked for the day in town. 

Today--6 hour sub job. (Short day)

Wednesday: Drive 65 miles to pick my mom up. Go to state capitol for proclamation signing for Esophageal Cancer Awareness Month, something I have been involved with for a few years now. Have lunch with rest of group in state. Plan Easter menu with mom. Take mom to grocery store. Organize stuff at her house for Easter. Drive home. Make dinner. Make cookies for my husband's grandmother. 

Thursday: Drive 25 miles to pick up my mother-in-law. Drive 35 miles to the city. Take her to lunch to spend time with her on anniversary of her father's fatal accident. Take her shopping to get gifts for her nephew's first communion. Take her home. Come home. Make dinner. Plan dinner for tomorrow and prepare to transport ingredients two hours away. Possibly relax. 

Friday: Husband and I are going to his grandmother's two hours away. He will help his uncle with spring yard work all day. I will do some deep cleaning in the house. I will make dinner for husband and I and his grandmother before husband and I attend Good Friday services at the local parish. We will get home after 10 p.m. 

I could have a more restful week subbing every day. 

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since we are discussing this

today is my last day at my part time job - that has been ongoing for the last 8 years even when I was working at the Fire Department.  I am cutting the cord - 

Will I be sitting at home twiddling my thumbs. No.  I have zumba classes to go to, make an offer on buying another investment property - deal with all that ie the bank, go to Victoria for Easter, go to the sunshine coast to regroup, and perhaps start to paint again for a show that will happen next year...in addition oh and STUDY for my real estate exam again which is May 10. 

Sound good :D

I don't think that most posters meant the average person, they meant Jinger. The Duggars have been shown to be lazy and not do something unless it has to be done. Most people have a lot of shit to get done around the house, with family/friends, volunteer work, pets, children, yard work, cars, so on and so forth. Duggars? I don't seem them doing a lot of that. Now, I don't know what Jinger does but she hasn't had a good example. 

Do I feel guilty that I don't have to get another job right away because of my financial circumstances - no 

I will when the time is right and I don't feel like the wind has been knocked out of me the past six months. I had a lot of guilt about leaving the Professor. but life is like that. Change is hard and taking time for yourself is a necessity.  The well is dried up 

Will I just sit and be in the moment - at times yes, because I don't want to be around older people who are suffering any more - I need some levity right now. I can feel it - my bones can feel it. 

But I will be doing all the other things I mentioned. 

14 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Word. They say a lot of things. I remember in that book they said, oh if one of them is "called" to a particular field, like medicine, we will help them prepare for it. But I don't think they consider it a true calling unless Daddy approves. 

My son is in the process of enlisting, and the crap he's needed to join, he's got a HS diploma and a semester of college credit , and for the area he wants to go into they were still wanting ACT scores which weren't good enough for automatic placement.  Not any idiot can join up anymore. If you only have a GED they will only take a handful of them a year and most of those only if they have college credits.  They also have to be current on vaccinations, which I promise you NONE of these people are.

6 hours ago, feministxtian said:

To enlist...you have to be a REAL HS grad, no GED unless you have at least 15 college credits to go with that GED. The last I heard (I could be wrong) the Air Force was giving preference to people with an AS or AA degree over a HS diploma. So...I don't see any of the Duggar boys being eligible to enlist. 

Well...that could change with the way the world is going right now. If there comes a time for "need", I doubt the military standards will be so picky. Being healthy and able to read will be good enough. I hope it does not happen...but we all have seen the news lately.

Let's hope there's no draft. Wolf boy is currently somewhere under the ocean. He joined while still in college and finished his degree. The navy later paid for his master's degree. He works long hours, whether on the sub or on shore. I can't see the Duggar boys coping with any military discipline, except maybe the ALERT graduates.

Anyway, positive thoughts/prayers would be welcome for Wolf Boy. Bad Wolf is worried.

I think of all the things to be worried about with the Duggars them not being busy enough  isnt really one. The ones at home have all kinds of people around constantly and I think there is plenty of work type stuff to be done whether it is around the house or with one of the businesses. They travel a ton and really have a pretty big social circle. The married ones have young children, reality show, travel/events, social activities with their friends/family. The only one i can currently see not being as busy is maybe Jinger but im sure she does something. 

Im one of those weird people who seems like they should be pretty busy on paper but find myself with more free time than i really like often. I work 25-30 hours a week, all evening and weekend hours and stay home with 3 small kids during the weekdays, well one of them is in school but hes still small.  What i do during the week is 6 exercise classes at the Y, one day a week library story time and lunch out with kids, laundry, cleaning but i dont do dishes or the kitchen so i do everything else spread out over the week, take my son to and from school and deal with all his school stuff (he has autism and is newly potty trained), some errands but i do grocery shopping on the weekend, sometimes i get dinner in the oven before work but not always and journaling, and obviously taking care of my girls needs and playing with them. Throw in a couple park visits if its nice out.  I still feel i have about 1-2 hours a day to sit and mess around on my phone (in small increments) and i dont feel like im super busy  at all. I think the difference is i dont have a large family or social circle and we have very little disposable income which is why activities out of the home are pretty limited. We do have family outings but thats mostly on weekends, im pretty limited on what i can safely supervise by myself with all 3 kids in public. Anywho there are lots of circumstances that affect how much activity/busyness different people can handle or prefer to have and I try not to judge for it. I dont think any of the Duggars are lazy per se, just limited in their options or knowlegde of options. Their beliefs hold them back as well. 

5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Let's hope there's no draft. Wolf boy is currently somewhere under the ocean. He joined while still in college and finished his degree. The navy later paid for his master's degree. He works long hours, whether on the sub or on shore. I can't see the Duggar boys coping with any military discipline, except maybe the ALERT graduates.

Anyway, positive thoughts/prayers would be welcome for Wolf Boy. Bad Wolf is worried.

Bad Wolf...Wolf Boy is always in my prayers...as a retired Navy wife and former Army mom, our military folks are ALWAYS in my prayers. Sub service is probably the hardest to deal with...my X was a submariner. Sending you love, hugs, prayers and peace.

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I come from a long line of 'sea service' men.  Prayers for Wolf Boy and Bad Wolf.

@Bad Wolf, my 2 year old and I say special prayers for the military before bed. We'll say an extra one for Wolf Boy. My husband is in the military. I totally understand the worry, especially this past week. 

I do hope for the best for the people who might go to war, but I feel especially awful for all the people who are already in war zones. It's already real for everyone in Syria.

On 4/9/2017 at 11:07 AM, spookytwoshoes said:

I'm glad you brought this up. I was careful to say that pastor's spouses are valuable. I belong to a church at ordains both men and women. At my husband's last assignment, his co-pastor was a woman who was married. Her husband helped out occasionally with maintenance work around the church but couldn't do too much because also had a full-time job. At that time, I was working full time as well and helping out at the church as much as I could.

However, this is where I saw an interesting double standard for pastor’s spouses. When the pastor’s husband helped out, people were super grateful. People talked about how good of a man he was, gave him baked goods, thanked him endlessly. He was just a really nice guy doing things for the church despite being busy with other things. For me, the expectation was different. Helping out at the church was seen as my job, secondary to the job I went to college for and was actually getting paid for. While I got the occasional thank you, there was still gossip going around (fucking church gossip, man) as reasons for not me being more involved. These ranged from me being lazy to not being a Christian, to my husband and I getting divorced. People just could not fathom that the pastor’s wife had other shit to do.

I don’t know if it's the same in your church, I hope it's not. My church is by no means conservative but that double standard is still there. 

My husband nearly did split up over church bullshit, so when he was asked to pastor a new church, he made it abundantly clear that I would not be an unofficial unpaid employee, and no more should be expected of me than anyone else in the church.

Need someone to obsessively organize the food pantry like a grocery store, or ruthlessly purge and condense 15 years of back-filed papers? Im your bitch. I'm happy to do quiet behind the scenes stuff, but other than that, I prefer not to be noticed. 

10 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'll be sure to keep Wolf Boy in my thoughts/prayers. Stay strong! 

On 4/11/2017 at 9:19 AM, VelociRapture said:

General recruitments can be found here:

https://www.usa.gov/join-military

Keep in mind two things. One, this is a list that applies to enlisted service members. Officers tend to require a Bachelors degree or other more stringent requirements. Second, this is just a general idea. Each branch likely has their own specific requirements. For example, the Marines require enlisted recruits be between 17 and 28 - not 17 to 40.

Out of all the Duggars, I would think only four would stand a chance - Jeremy, Derick and Ben. They all hold some sort of college education and fall within acceptable age ranges, depending on the branch (Jeremy would have aged out of the enlisted age bracket for the Marine Corps already.) Health is something we simply can't know about. Same with physical fitness.

None of the biological Duggar offspring, the DILs, or Austin would likely qualify for the Armed Forces - some branches will accept enlisted recruits with a GED, but I don't think they all do and I think those recruits have limited opportunities. I would guess they would only accept the best abd most promising GED recruits and, unfortunately, I don't see any Duggars who really stand out as having big potential in that way.

But that doesn't really matter. I highly doubt IBLP is big on members joining the military. I would guess that's part of the reason they started ALERT in the first place (don't know for sure though - it'd be great if someone knowledgeable could explain the background on why ALERT was started.) And I don't see any of them really having the discipline necessary to make it in that type of environment - which isn't an insult. A lot of people who grew up in normal families wouldn't do well in the Armed Forces either.

Just reread this. I apologize to all for the misspellings and mistakes. I'm blaming this on fatigue and auto-correct. :pb_lol:

I'm only familiar with the Army fitness standards (as a civilian who has used the standards as a goal for my own personal fitness). Based on their ages, Ben, Derrick and Jeremy would need to run 2 miles in under ~17 minutes, do ~50 sit ups, and ~40 push ups. The exact counts/time vary by age. Ben is in the youngest age band, Derrick in the second, and Jeremy in the third. For a frame of reference, I'm an overweight, 5'2", 34 year old woman, and I can meet the minimum Army fitness standards for a 17 year old man.

I'm fairly sure Ben and Jeremy could pass the test. I think Derrick can handle the running, but I'm not sure he can do the strength stuff.

I don't think Derick could pass the running test. Doesn't he throw up for reasons unknown?

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't think Derick could pass the running test. Doesn't he throw up for reasons unknown?

Yes he does. 

10 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I'm not convinced the "gaggy" thing is really a thing for Derrick. I have a feeling that was seriously overdone for TV. I suspect it's something he could easily manage with careful pacing, adequate water, and allergy medicine.

I wonder if any of them registered for Selective Service. Personally, I'd love seeing some of the howlers get a face full of drill instructor. 

19 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I wonder if any of them registered for Selective Service. Personally, I'd love seeing some of the howlers get a face full of drill instructor. 

Aren't they required by law? Also, I thought you were automatically registered when you got a driver license or passport? I could have sworn I saw those signs last time I was at the DMV

23 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

It's required for all male US citizens between 18 and 25 to register. If you're incarcerated, you register upon release if you're under 26. If you have a mental or physical handicap and can function in public with or without assistance, you are required to register - but not if you are continuously confined to a hospital or similar facility. 

There are instances where women have to register or men don't have to - that only really applies to Transgender individuals though (my brother received a waiver that way.)

The Duggars are all US citizens by birth, none are incarcerated, and none have a mental or physical handicap that we know of. Therefore, the males in the family are legally obligated to register for the draft. 

ETA: Here's a link for a chart on who needs to register- https://www.sss.gov/Portals/0/PDFs/WhoMustRegisterChart.pdf

1 minute ago, Kelsey said:

Aren't they required by law? Also, I thought you were automatically registered when you got a driver license or passport? I could have sworn I saw those signs last time I was at the DMV

I'm not familiar with all of the ways our government gets men to register, but I know that men have to register if they want federal student loans or grants. I assume Jeremy, Derrick, and probably Ben have all registered for the chance of getting federal grants and/or work study, even if they never accepted student loans. Jim Bob probably registered when he was a teen, if only because he wasn't yet at a point where he would object. I don't know about the other boys, but it seems like a silly risk. Realistically, we will not use the draft again - it's political poison, and not really necessary given the nature of combat in the 21st century. So there is little risk of actually registering, but failing to register can carry some serious consequences.

This is the first time I've ever looked into it. I am sure that the Duggar boys and spouses are registered. As it stands, are only men 18-25 able to be drafted? That's kind of how it reads so Josh, JD, Derrick, and Jeremy are off the hook to be drafted (if it happened)?

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived