IGNORED

Jinger/Jeremy: Not as Interesting as Jingerbread

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, atheistjd said:

Just looked back - we didn't do a "public" (social media) announcement until after 6 months... no particular reason other than privacy. Not that any of the Duggar kids ever had that option.

This is why I don't like to speculate on the Duggar wives and the state of their uterus. There are people out there who don't like to shout to the world that they are having a baby. The ladies have so little say in their lives that controlling when people find out they are pregnant, what the due date is, what the gender is, the name is, These are the only things they do get to control,  While I do figure it is Schrodinger's uterus we'll find out when they are ready to tell us.  I've got better things to do than wonder when another Duggar spawn will spawn another Duggar. 

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of relieved to come back after a break (horrific experience on teaching practice) to see no pregnancy announcement. 

Have I missed anything interesting from these two? No? 

23 minutes ago, BlessaYourHeart said:

I'm kind of relieved to come back after a break (horrific experience on teaching practice) to see no pregnancy announcement. 

Have I missed anything interesting from these two? No? 

Jinger wore shorts and still had her Christmas decorations up in February. That's about the extent of it. 

22 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Jinger wore shorts and still had her Christmas decorations up in February. That's about the extent of it. 

Sounds riveting :my_rolleyes:

Oh god. Did you have to mention the s- word? If we argue for another 20 pages about those again I may have to do something drastic. :-P

29 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Oh god. Did you have to mention the s- word? If we argue for another 20 pages about those again I may have to do something drastic. :-P

I think the shorts have been torn apart from our arguments. So done with shorts.

Do you think Jinger cooks? I imagine  their husbands expect them to cook, right? What does a pastor's wife do all day? Hell, what does a missionary wife do all day? What do the children do all day?? Gypsy girls are expected to clean and cook every day. Do the suckggars do this too?? 

23 minutes ago, Pasta said:

Do you think Jinger cooks? I imagine  their husbands expect them to cook, right? What does a pastor's wife do all day? Hell, what does a missionary wife do all day? What do the children do all day?? Gypsy girls are expected to clean and cook every day. Do the suckggars do this too?? 

I wonder if the Duggar boys will expect this of their wives, since their own mother didn't cook, and at best the sisters made tatter tot sludge in a disposable pan. 

The he-Duggars absolutely expect their future wives to mother them. Wasn't there some episode where JD and Joe(?) were alone in the house for a while and let all the stuff in the fridge rot, until finally their sisters came to wait upon their lazy asses? I can't imagine marriage will cure that entitlement.

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

The he-Duggars absolutely expect their future wives to mother them. Wasn't there some episode where JD and Joe(?) were alone in the house for a while and let all the stuff in the fridge rot, until finally their sisters came to wait upon their lazy asses? I can't imagine marriage will cure that entitlement.

Yeah, it was after Josie was born and the rest of the family was temporarily staying in Little Rock (in that beautiful home that the kids were tearing up), They got to stay behind and their sisters still had to come by and clean up and throw out stuff in the fridge. God forbid they clean up after themselves.

A Cinnabun!

Omg that's what our cat Cinder's nickname is. Lol
I wonder if the Duggar boys will expect this of their wives, since their own mother didn't cook, and at best the sisters made tatter tot sludge in a disposable pan. 

My fundie ex absolutely expected me to be his mother. I kind of realized it at the time but now at more than a decade away from him I really see it.

They literally want to be in a marriage from the 50s, where the wife keeps sweet and does the housework, raises the kids and has a hot meal on the dinner table at 5. Of course in my ex's case he wanted me to do all that and still work.

8 hours ago, Pasta said:

I mean, I've either had a full-time job or been a full-time student since graduating college, so I just can't imagine sitting around all day in your early-to-mid twenties doing fuck-all and waiting for your husband to come back. Once you have kids, sure, you're an SAHM and your day is full, but before that? What does Jinger do all damn day? I hope she finds productive ways to fill her time (clean/redecorate, take some classes at a community college, practice photography, exercise, explore Laredo...).

10 hours ago, Pasta said:

What does a pastor's wife do all day? Hell, what does a missionary wife do all day? 

Please correct me if I took this the wrong way, but I found this incredibly devaluing. I'm married to a pastor and I do a ton. There are very few days that I'm not asked to organize something, volunteer at this place, visit someone, clean something, cook this for that reason. I'm always out in the community doing something. Especially in a smaller church with few paid staff, the pastor's spouse is very valuable to the church's function. I work hard. I don't just sit at home all day looking pretty and waiting for my husband to come home. 

At least in my experience, pastors' wives are often thought to hold an unenviable position because they do so much and work so hard. I have no idea whether that applies to Jinger, but let's just say I wouldn't be surprised to learn her days were actually pretty busy and full.

IME pastor's wives are pretty busy ladies.   I knew a couple that held down full time jobs so those two weren't as involved in church activities but those who didn't have a job were always doing some church related activity. 

I'm still laughing that they bought that huge Mozzarella Block, for 2 people, and thought that a grater/peeler was a shredder. Do you think Jinjer knew the difference but just stayed silent as to not embarrass her headship? 

I'm Jewish and my Rabbi's wife is hardly involved in anything the temple does. She always held a full-time job and just did not have time to do more. 

Many of the older members of my temple did not like that she was not involved.   

I'm surprise people are being somewhat judgmental of how Jinger spends her time. The time Jeremy goes off to work is probably the first time in her life that she is "free" in the sense that she can decide how she'd like to spend her time and explore her own interests (to a degree). Before this she was never able to be alone or go shopping by herself or just take a bubble bath with some privacy. Yes, I think getting a job or taking classes would be great. But we know she'll most likely be raising kids and helping out with the church. She's been surrounded by children her whole life and will likely be surrounded by them again in the near future, I see no reason that she can't spend this time spending it however she wants and doing whatever makes her happy. 

Just chiming in to say that pastor's husbands and partners can also be very busy. My church is a very small Methodist congregation - our pastor is technically full time, but she splits her time between the church and managing a UMC-sponsored group home. She is the only paid staff member - everything else is volunteer. Her fiance runs all of the sound and lighting for the church (nothing fancy, but it's a very old building, so it can be finicky). He keeps tab on maintenance issues, in conjunction with our board of directors. He also steps in as the "master of ceremonies" when the pastor is away - he reads the announcements and introduces the guest preacher for the sermon.

I was friends with a pastor's wife once. Anyone who accused her of being lazy just didn't know her very well. She did a lot of bible work and she had children.

22 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I'm Jewish and my Rabbi's wife is hardly involved in anything the temple does. She always held a full-time job and just did not have time to do more. 

Many of the older members of my temple did not like that was not involved.   

My mother, who was a SAHM at the time, would grouse that one pastor's wife was not that involved because she had a job.    However, later on, after Mom became a nurse, she was much more understanding when the next pastor's wife also had a job. 

And just think......Jinger could possibly go by herself in her new car to the CVS. She might have done that three or four times a day at the beginning, ha ha. 

I think they showed that there were a number of ministries when we had that "tour" I'm sure she's busy. 

7 hours ago, PumaLover said:

Omg that's what our cat Cinder's nickname is. Lol
My fundie ex absolutely expected me to be his mother. I kind of realized it at the time but now at more than a decade away from him I really see it.

They literally want to be in a marriage from the 50s, where the wife keeps sweet and does the housework, raises the kids and has a hot meal on the dinner table at 5. Of course in my ex's case he wanted me to do all that and still work.

My friends husband is like that only they aren't fundies, he's just a sexist asshole. 

46 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I'm still laughing that they bought that huge Mozzarella Block, for 2 people, and thought that a grater/peeler was a shredder. Do you think Jinjer knew the difference but just stayed silent as to not embarrass her headship? 

Jeremy told Jinger that they had a shredder. I'm pretty sure she knows the difference, hence the funny look she gives him when he shows her the peeler.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived