IGNORED

Sister Wives: 5 Threads, 5 Adults...Or Are There?

I've been a long time Meri supporter. I think she got a crappy hand in life and she's miserable because of it. Im no longer as supportive.

Our happiness is our own responsibility. If Kody moved on from her, all the demanding her fair share and complaining that she's not getting it, isn't going to make her happy. They show them working with counselors on the show. How is she still in this never ending cycle? Has the counseling been for show and she's not really getting help?

Meri finding her voice was the first step. Moving her feet is the next. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought that Meri was the number one most loved wife that handed her crown to Robyn, the fun young wife, Janelle was the dependable low maintenance friend wife and Christine was the not liked or loved, but came from polygamy royality wife. Now, it seems Kody loves and cares about every wife, but Meri. It also seems now, that their relationship was in the toilet for years, but they hid the fact. I’m so confused, I thought I had this family figured out. 

19 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Maddy is a freaking amazing rock star. And Caleb is perfect for her. Such a beautiful baby!

*all the happy tears*

Even though I knew things turned out good for the birth, I was still nervous to watch. So happy things ended up good. Maddie and Caleb really love each other, I'm happy to see that. Axel is a cutie!

On 3/11/2018 at 2:26 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

Kody always seemed baby hungry to me. iirc he is the one that pushed chrstine into having a sixth child. so after years of infertility having Mariah more years of infertility and then the miscarriage Kody shutting down Mari's one last chance at having more kids must have been a really big slap in the face. 

Yup.  I think besides Mariah leaving and feeling unclear of her place in the family, this might have been one of the last straws before Meri was catfished.  Especially since Kody wanted to have another baby with Robyn so badly.  That must hurt so badly to have your husband reject the chance for you to have a second child, but watch him work to convince his other wife to have a 5th.  

14 hours ago, Berta McGee said:

I've been a long time Meri supporter. I think she got a crappy hand in life and she's miserable because of it. Im no longer as supportive.

Our happiness is our own responsibility. If Kody moved on from her, all the demanding her fair share and complaining that she's not getting it, isn't going to make her happy. They show them working with counselors on the show. How is she still in this never ending cycle? Has the counseling been for show and she's not really getting help?

Meri finding her voice was the first step. Moving her feet is the next. 

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she slowly spends more and more time at her bed and breakfast.  Her mom lives there, I think Mariah is still in Utah, what is there for her in Las Vegas?  Kody doesn't really seem interested in their relationship as a married couple, but won't actually take the mature step and make it official.

On 3/12/2018 at 4:15 PM, ChunkyBarbie said:

I always thought that Meri was the number one most loved wife that handed her crown to Robyn, the fun young wife, Janelle was the dependable low maintenance friend wife and Christine was the not liked or loved, but came from polygamy royality wife. Now, it seems Kody loves and cares about every wife, but Meri. It also seems now, that their relationship was in the toilet for years, but they hid the fact. I’m so confused, I thought I had this family figured out. 

I think Mari brought Robyn in thinking she would have some control but then then she watched Robyn with keep having kids Mari said she wanted 8 she only got one daughter and a miscarriage and Mari isn't built for the life even though she was raised in it. she wants everything to be fair and even and it just can't be. 

Janelle and Kody are gross to me I mean she was married to Mari's brother then divorced him and Married kody and then her mom married Kody's dad. or maybe she married him before Janelle and Kody married either way Gross. 

Christine seemed to be the easy going with the flow house wife . her and Kody didn't seem to have issues until after Robyn came in because Christine had never had to deal with a new wife. 

Robyn I think was a shiny toy Kody had and he married her for the kids I think he did her love her the most now I almost think it's Christine they seem to be able to joke and be real more then him and the other wives. in the new episode she wears a shirt about staying present  as a reminder to him  for his trip with Mari. 

So I'm finishing the episode and I totally feeling how many of you were saying it left you happy cause everything went well but how was Maddie able to labor for over 65 hours?

I don't think she did.  I think she started counting at the first sign of labor, and kept counting until she had the baby, even when there might have been times when 'labor' seemed to abate, like when she was able to go to work.  It's common.

Why won't Meri and Kody just call it quits already? Stick a fork in this couple, they're done!

4 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Why won't Meri and Kody just call it quits already? Stick a fork in this couple, they're done!

interesting question it's not like divorce is really taboo in their family life. Janelle has been divorced. Robyn has been divorced Christine's mother was "divorced" I don't know if she was legally married to Christine's dad or not. as for Mari and Kody they are already technically divorced. but if they do separate  i can see Mariah choosing sides and it will be Kody and the family and Mari will spiral. 

It's a good thing Cody was there to shove his face in and tell Maddie you can do this!  Dumbass.

Another home birth that could have gone horribly wrong!  My cousin was born at home, many hours of hard labour, by the time they got to hospital his oxygen had been cut off and he was brain damaged.  Maybe we should go back to dropping them in the fields wtf!

I'm not convinced Kody "cohabitates" with any of his wives except Robyn. He seems very detached from everything unless it's all about him. 

11 minutes ago, 19 dogs and counting said:

I'm not convinced Kody "cohabitates" with any of his wives except Robyn. He seems very detached from everything unless it's all about him. 

They wouldn't be the first reality stars to fake relationships to keep the show going. 

20 minutes ago, 19 dogs and counting said:

I think it's Robyn and Christine.  he does seem to really care about Christine  Janelle I am not so sure about

Just now, Ivycoveredtower said:

I think it's Robyn and Christine.  he does seem to really care about Christine  Janelle I am not so sure about

I agree but a few seasons ago he seemed to really dislike Christine. The one person Kody consistently likes is himself. The second person is Robyn. 

Just now, Eternalbluepearl said:

I agree but a few seasons ago he seemed to really dislike Christine. The one person Kody consistently likes is himself. The second person is Robyn. 

yes Christine and him had a rough patch a few season's ago it all had to do with Christine more then Kody though Christine was the third wife and had never had to share with a new wife so when Robyn came along Christine got super jealous and seems to have pushed Kody away it didn't help that this was also the time they had just moved and were all in different houses a bit apart.  I  think Robyn is his fav or was. I Honestly don't know anymore but Christine seems to be the most laid back and constant of all his wives.

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

It seems to me that Cody and Janelle are good friends .

1 minute ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

It seems to me that Cody and Janelle are good friends .

yes they seem like friends not like romantic partners. I almost wonder if something went really wrong in Janelle's first marriage and Kody felt like he had to save her so he married her himself. I could also be totally off base though and it's just Janelle's personality she does seem more reserved and private then the other wives. 

The renewal isn't surprising given the ratings the show gets.  The mystery to me is why the show still draws so many viewers.  I wonder how much overlap there is in the SW vs the Duggar viewers.

22 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

Well, according to this People magazine article, Sister Wives has been renewed for another season. 

http://people.com/tv/sister-wives-mariah-brown-mom-gay-bar/

Not a shock! Although, how many more seasons will be be listening to Meri whining? It's quite overdone. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Not a shock! Although, how many more seasons will be be listening to Meri whining? It's quite overdone. 

True. At least we’ve seen less footage of Robyn crying this season. So far, anyway. 

Christine and Kody seem to be doing much better than they were a few seasons back. She said she was getting along well with Robyn too. Could it be possible that they are actually evolving and not deteriorating? That's a pleasant thought for a reality show couple.

Robyn made some comment in one of the talking heads that made me think she was well aware of the Sobbin Robyn nickname.

So the reports of cancellation were incorrect. I thought they were suspect.

I think Kody, Jenelle, Christine, and Robyn seem like they're all in a pretty good place in their relationships.

I never liked Robin, but she got some brownie points from me during the birth episode. I also loved the Jenelle and Christine relationship. I want to smack Mary up the side of the head she is such a whiny pretentious moron.  I am glad the birth went well and I teared up a bit when Axel was born. The detailed yet still somewhat not in your face filming really makes the recent Duggers births lack of any filming or very fuzzy filming more suspect to me. 

Watching now, they are doing a really great job making it a really beautiful thing and making a real case for home birth WITH A QUALIFIED MIDWIFE!

I feel so bad, I'm pushing for her! Kody is such a jerk!

I also want to say I too had arrested labors. I got pretty tired of it after about 24 hours, went to the hospital where they broke my water and got those babies out. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived