IGNORED

Lori Alexander 17: Pooping on Someone Else's Lawn

11 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Frankly, I've only ever known satanic sex. As a DES daughter, I was strongly advised to not have children and warned that any pregnancy would likely result in a significantly premature birth and a host of life long health issues should my baby even survive. Not being a selfish beotch like many of these fundies who ignore medical advice and risk their family's future just to have one more blessing, I thought I'd do the unChristian thing and listen to my doctor. 

If that's satanic, I'm cool with it. 

My mom took DES for three months early in her pregnancy with me because it was believed, back in the '60s, to prevent miscarriage. (She had had three miscarriages, two within the same year I was conceived.) Miraculously, though, the DES didn't affect me. It did affect my cousin, though, whose mm took DES for a much shorter time. (My cousin chose never to have kids, for other reasons.)

I'm so sorry you and so many others were adversely affected.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll all be happy to know that The Frugal Mentor has recommended dishwasher tabs for us.

It just so happens, that I purchased dishwasher tabs yesterday.  I got 105 for 9.98 @ Sam's Club.  The ones Lori uses cost $32.81 for 25.  That's approx. $1.31 per tab, whereas mine (which work very well) cost approx. .10 cents per tab.

How are her readers supposed to afford the shit she brags about?  Or is she just trying to show them all of the things she has that they can't afford?  

It's no wonder they don't tithe.  Hope Ken isn't too keen on the idea of retiring.  Lori has expensive tastes.

15 minutes ago, Koala said:

You'll all be happy to know that The Frugal Mentor has recommended dishwasher tabs for us.

It just so happens, that I purchased dishwasher tabs yesterday.  I got 105 for 9.98 @ Sam's Club.  The ones Lori uses cost $32.81 for 25.  That's approx. $1.31 per tab, whereas mine (which work very well) cost approx. .10 cents per tab.

How are her readers supposed to afford the shit she brags about?  Or is she just trying to show them all of the things she has that they can't afford?  

It's no wonder they don't tithe.  Hope Ken isn't too keen on the idea of retiring.  Lori has expensive tastes.

Doesn't Lori always talk about being "thrifty"? What the hell is she buying that costs so damn much? I buy all my household shit at the 99 cent store...well, except TP and paper towels. That bitch wouldn't survive on my budget for a minute. 

36 minutes ago, Koala said:

17 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Doesn't Lori always talk about being "thrifty"? What the hell is she buying that costs so damn much? I buy all my household shit at the 99 cent store...well, except TP and paper towels. That bitch wouldn't survive on my budget for a minute. 

During Kenny boy's time on FJ, he complained about how Lori spent a lot of money years back on organic foods and supplements. He had money worries over that. She is probably still spending money on organic foods. Those dishwasher tabs for the price sounds expensive. I doubt Lori ever really thinks about the money struggles of many of her readers. I also recall that when Ken was posting here, he mentioned that he worries in the past regarding his retirement fund.

34 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I doubt Lori ever really thinks about the money struggles of many of her readers

Lori never thinks of anyone but herself...She sees Ken as an open wallet and inconvenience...her children were nothing more than status symbols and a way to get what she wanted (to stay home). She's selfish and has admitted to being tyrannical when it came to her siblings and her family. Ken needs to grow a pair and tell her to knock her shit off. 

3 hours ago, Hane said:

My mom took DES for three months early in her pregnancy with me because it was believed, back in the '60s, to prevent miscarriage. (She had had three miscarriages, two within the same year I was conceived.) Miraculously, though, the DES didn't affect me. It did affect my cousin, though, whose mm took DES for a much shorter time. (My cousin chose never to have kids, for other reasons.)

I'm so sorry you and so many others were adversely affected.

Thank you!  I've been very fortunate. I escaped the significantly increased cancer risk...at least I have so far and have no reason to fear that's going to change. 

But I also committed the unforgivable sin of using birth control until I hit menopause. And not just any birth control;  hormonal birth control (as well as any hormone replacement after menopause) was out of the question. I was able to afford my birth control, but think about it... for any women with the same issue who relied on health insurance or (horrors) Planned Parenthood to meet their needs, these fundies would love to see both ended. Which means husbands would be biblically unsatisfied which they believe is also a sin...

...which just brings me to one of my two fundamental beliefs:  'Everyone's reality is not the same as mine'.   I wish I could get that tattooed on Lori's fingers so the words would be in plain sight everytime she starts abusing others with her computer. 

I like this: not everyone's reality is mine. I would add that we should not all be the same. Life would be boring if we were identical. The world can only take so many insufferable twits like Lori. 

Lori mentions materialism in her satanic sex handwritten note. That's rich, she's incredibly materialistic. She cares more about appearing modest than being modest. She wants to appear to be a teacher without actually teaching (she lectures instead of teaching) she wants to brag about her godly children, but it's all a show. (Not that her kids aren't godly - I don't know. They just don't appear to follow the commandments of Lori.) 

Will Ken ever come back or was he banned?

Lori is typical of so many fundies. it's all a show to try to feel superior to the rest of the unwashed masses. It's all "look at me, I'm so pure and righteous" and you all are pieces of shit. She's no different than the rest of the fundies we snark on...it's all a show. However, Lori has given us enough looks into her personality to know that she's nothing more than the "whitewashed tombs" that Jesus told about. There's something in the bible about having a form of godliness but denying its power. IOW...they talk a lot of shit but the rubber doesn't meet the road. 

Being a Christian is a whole lot more than just blabbing bullshit on a blog. Its a whole lot harder. I know I've "admitted" to being a Christian here on this board. And, yes, I talk shit. BUT...the truth is that should any one come to me and have a need...I'd do whatever I could to help them...WITHOUT judgment, without shit-talking. Pretty much, my first response would be a big hug...then take time to LISTEN and, if desired, offer advice, a ride, a meal, a safe place to hang out. But that's me...I take my faith/beliefs pretty seriously...not in a "look at me" way, but knowing that if I say one thing and do another, I'm no better than the fundies we snark on. 

St Francis of Assisi said it best..."preach the gospel at all times, use words if necessary". My actions speak a whole lot louder than any words I could say. 

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I don't think he was banned. IIRC, he said that he might return to posting. But, I don't think he would ever return because he clashed with posters when they questioned him about different subjects and he said some douchey things that pissed off posters.

I might have missed it. But, did Ken ever visit the GOMI thread on Lori? 

44 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Oh I don't think he is COMPLETELY banned. I think Lori lets him back in on pay day. 

Oh wait.  You meant here at FJ????? :pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

Ken won't be back...he got put in his place one time too many...

The return of Ken Alexander would bring me unspeakable joy. Since the Alexanders aren't in the business of making anyone except fellow Alexanders happy, it won't be happening.

Alas.

4 hours ago, Koala said:

I definitely feel like it's the latter, and that the same goes for many of these Christian lifestyle blogs. (Not to mention plenty of secular lifestyle blogs!) As if it's more godly or whatever to buy the priciest cleaning products, produce, etc. -- it just means that someone could afford it and decided to prioritize spending their money that way. But like you said, it's a convenient way to show others what they can't have, which I suppose makes some people feel better? 

4 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

During Kenny boy's time on FJ, he complained about how Lori spent a lot of money years back on organic foods and supplements. He had money worries over that. She is probably still spending money on organic foods.

I'm sure there's some reasonable explanation as to how spending money on "nice to have" items that your spouse doesn't want you to buy is still being a submissive wife... Either way, people can't have their (organic) cake and eat it, too. But women getting jobs, even part-time ones or when the kids are out of school, is the real problem with society today, right?! :my_dodgy:

I would be ashamed of myself if my husband was telling complete strangers he thought I was careless with the money he brought home. It would be one thing if Lori worked but Ken is the lone breadwinner in that household. She should respect his hard work and be more frugal. Isn't that what she's told her readers a gazillion times? 

Ken will likely never darken the door here at FJ again.  He seemed genuinely surprised that we were not all googly (I mean GOGGLY) eyed and giddy at his presence  I think he has mistaken professional courtesy for submission and admiration from the women he works with.  He was completely unable to handle himself when dealing with women who were being completely honest with him.  He did not intimidate or impress us and that left him completely lost.  

Apparently, I was wrong to worry that Lori is spending money faster that Ken can make it.  It seems they've zeroed in on a retirement plan they can both get behind.

This is from the comments of the old post Lori linked today.

Ken Alexander:

Way too many couples have traded in one or two of their children for a 401K pension. If they had given the choice to their children, I am sure their kids would have been happy to support them in their old age for the benefits of life and being born. 

Lori seems to concur in the comments of a more recent post:

Your best retirement plan is your children.

No Lori, your best retirement plan would be to stop scolding other women on the internet, and actually get a job so your kids don't have to support you.  Stop spending money hand over fist would be another plan.  Anyone who has $70 to spend on a denim skirt, should darn well be able to get by without financial aid from their own children.

I'll tell you something else for free.  Some of the working moms, who Lori looks down her nose at, may actually be working SO that their children aren't forced to help support them in their old age.

3 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I would be ashamed of myself if my husband was telling complete strangers he thought I was careless with the money he brought home. It would be one thing if Lori worked but Ken is the lone breadwinner in that household. She should respect his hard work and be more frugal. Isn't that what she's told her readers a gazillion times? 

Ken will likely never darken the door here at FJ again.  He seemed genuinely surprised that we were not all googly (I mean GOGGLY) eyed and giddy at his presence  I think he has mistaken professional courtesy for submission and admiration from the women he works with.  He was completely unable to handle himself when dealing with women who were being completely honest with him.  He did not intimidate or impress us and that left him completely lost.  

As much as I dislike Ken, I feel sorry for him because he said he didn't come from a well to do family. He ended up married to a spoiled princess like  Lori, who didn't have a good concept of money management. She still doesn't based on many of her postings about product recommendations. I agree, if Lori had worked it would have been a different story as they would have had more money to play around with. She's not frugal and many of her fangirls' husbands probably don't make as much as Ken and some probably have more than four kids.

Now that I think about it, "find someone to take care of me financially" seems to be a big part of Lori's game plan.

Lori's parents supported her first (which is expected).  Then Ken supported her.  When he expected her to work, she sabotaged her birth control (after all, she always gets her way, and working is most definitely NOT her way).  

She has made if very clear that if Ken couldn't support her, the church, her parents, or her children would.  If all else failed, she'd expect the government to support her (as she said the other day).

The one thing she seems hell bent on seeing to, is that she never has to lift a finger to support herself.  

Wow, that theoretical "retirement plan" sounds appalling! Kids don't choose to be born, and they sure don't owe anybody for their own existence. 

Having a pension doesn't exclude your kids from caring for you in old age -- it just helps free them of some of the burden of it! What is the issue with planning ahead and trying to be responsible about your future needs? :my_huh:

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

Apparently, I was wrong to worry that Lori is spending money faster that Ken can make it.  It seems they've zeroed in on a retirement plan they can both get behind.

This is from the comments of the old post Lori linked today.

Ken Alexander:

Lori seems to concur in the comments of a more recent post:

No Lori, your best retirement plan would be to stop scolding other women on the internet, and actually get a job so your kids don't have to support you.  Stop spending money hand over fist would be another plan.  Anyone who has $70 to spend on a denim skirt, should darn well be able to get by without financial aid from their own children.

I'll tell you something else for free.  Some of the working moms, who Lori looks down her nose at, may actually be working SO that their children aren't forced to help support them in their old age.

I agree with all of this. Plus, Lori is dumb to think that expecting her children to support her is a guarantee. Shit could happen to one of her sons or something in their families. Let's say one of Lori's grandchildren becomes ill or disabled and that disrupts the finances of one of Lori's sons. There is chance that one of Lori's adult kids could die young or become disabled and unable to work. Lori also doesn't consider the fact that her DILS may not be ok with supporting her. I've seen situations in which people hate when they have to lend money or help support an in-law on a long term basis.

7 minutes ago, Koala said:

Now that I think about it, "find someone to take care of me financially" seems to be a big part of Lori's game plan.

Lori's parents supported her first (which is expected).  Then Ken supported her.  When he expected her to work, she sabotaged her birth control (after all, she always gets her way, and working is most definitely NOT her way).  

She has made if very clear that if Ken couldn't support her, the church, her parents, or her children would.  If all else failed, she'd expect the government to support her (as she said the other day).

The one thing she seems hell bent on seeing to, is that she never has to lift a finger to support herself.  

Lori is going to come to a very rude awakening if she has to rely on the government to support her.  She won't survive living a fixed income that small.  If Ken dies before her, she is going to have a very rough time of it. (Or if Ken develops a serious, chronic illness or cancer or etc).  She isn't the brightest bulb on the string, is she?

To expect your children to support you in your senior years is possibly the most selfish, disgusting thing these people have ever postulated. We had children because we wanted to love and nurture and support two small humans we created. We've worked hard all our lives to ensure we'd be anything but a burden to our kids as we age. Personally, I can't thing of anything more disturbing than becoming a burden on our kids as we get older, especially as they begin families of their own. 

11 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

Lori is dumb to think that expecting her children to support her is a guarantee. Shit could happen to one of her sons or something in their families. Let's say one of Lori's grandchildren becomes ill or disabled and that disrupts the finances of one of Lori's sons.

Sadly I think that Lori would consider her sons supporting her a higher priority than a disabled child.  

1 hour ago, Gemini said:

Sadly I think that Lori would consider her sons supporting her a higher priority than a disabled child.  

I agree with this. She's a very selfish person who fails to see that her sons have wives and children that take precedence over her.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived