IGNORED

Lori Alexander 17: Pooping on Someone Else's Lawn

11 hours ago, The limit does not exist said:

Every time I read the title of this topic I worry that somehow Lorken and the Nauglers have found each other. It's a scary thought... :562479996c7e4_ScienceH.Logicomg:

I fell into that .....pit yesterday..so far I've read threads 20 to present. I'm absolutely horrified and fascinated in equal measure.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nah...she's a relic from another planet. 

Exactly. My grandmother who was born in 1914 would have thought she was a backward idiot who was badly misunderstanding scripture.

Someone on my facebook started raving about Norwex. She is having a Norwex party!!! What the hell is this obsession people have with their products, I can't stand it! 

17 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

She is having a Norwex party!!!

There is no better sign that this a mlm madness than a party around a product.

Or has anyone thrown a party about their favourite non-mlm paper towel brand? 

My God, her doodle today is all about not feeling guilty if you were one of those moms who never played with her kids. Its perfectly normal, don't feel guilty!

I don't know, I think I'd instantly think someone was fun if they sent me this.

invite.jpg

A little batshit, but, you know, fun.

55 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

My God, her doodle today is all about not feeling guilty if you were one of those moms who never played with her kids. Its perfectly normal, don't feel guilty!

But, of course, her post is about how women should feel guilty if they even thought about working and cites an article whose website looks like the news-version of the 1996 Space Jams website - seems legit!

My folks were actually pretty gender progressive (unintentionally, I'm sure) in the 80s and my mom had a high position in a corporation and my dad stayed at home (for the most part) with me. I was taught that men and women aren't the "same" in their roles but rather to make a marriage worked, the couple played into each others strengths regardless if they weren't stereotypical. So I would disagree with her statement:

Children who were raised in this environment are going to clearly see that it doesn’t work out for good

So just because Queen Lori was too sick to play or read with her kids, no mom should play or read to her kids? She can just fuck right off with that logic. 

When my mom took a break from her job to have me and my brother, she read to us ALL THE TIME. She took in kids to babysit to make ends meet, and she read to them too. I have such great memories of playing "Memory" with Mom. Maybe her house didn't have daffodils on the coffee table, or a lemon tree in the corner, but it was filled with love. 

I can't say the same for Lori's house.

I actually get tears in my eyes when I think of playing with my kids. They are grown and live in two different states now and I absolutely cherish my memories of reading to them, playing  Hi-Ho Cherry-O, building Legos, doing puzzles. Those were such sweet and cozy times. The thing is, my house was cleaner in those days than it is now because I set aside a day to do it every week. Now I am always just cleaning a bit as I go because I know I will always "have time tomorrow." 

I also cooked three meals a day when my kids were little. This either/or mindset is just bizarre to me. Lori seems to think you can play with your kids OR you can have selfless children and a clean home. But you cannot do both. 

I am pretty sure most mothers here managed to do it all while raising kids Wirh  no nanny, I might add  

I wish she would just say it - Lori did not enjoy being a mother. 

8 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

So just because Queen Lori was too sick to play or read with her kids, no mom should play or read to her kids?

Let's be real here...Lori couldn't be bothered with her children.

They were left to cry day and night.  At night she claimed she needed her sleep.  During the day, she would have been content to let them cry for "hours at a time" if the nanny hadn't intervened.  In the afternoons she sent them to their rooms for a couple of hours so she could rest.  

She's lazy.  She doesn't do anything that she doesn't want to do.  Hell, the woman bought a certain kind of carpet because "it never needs to be vacuumed" (which I am sure her maid really appreciated).   She wipes her counters with dishcloths that are soaked in raw chicken fluid because she doesn't want to walk to the washing machine and toss the damn things in.

She may claim she didn't play with her kids because she was too sick, but take a look at what she just told a reader:

Even if I was well, I doubt I would have played with them much.

They bored her, and Lori doesn't waste time on things that bore her.

Side note- Did I really just see her tell someone they had to "fill out an application" to join the chatroom?  Maybe we've discussed it, and I've already forgotten it, but wha????? An application?  Please.

10 minutes ago, Koala said:

Side note- Did I really just see her tell someone they had to "fill out an application" to join the chatroom?  Maybe we've discussed it, and I've already forgotten it, but wha????? An application?  Please.

Yes! I recently followed the link to it. But take heart, if you "fail" you can keep trying until you say just the right things. 

I don't see anything in the Bible where Jesus made people fill out an application to be his follower. Nor do I see anything that says Ken and Lori Alexander are God's earthly agents to determine who is worthy to be called "Christian." 

Yes the application is like applying for a loan. You have to answer 30 questions or so. Disclose where you go to church. A lot of very personal stuff. 

17 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Yes the application is like applying for a loan. You have to answer 30 questions or so. Disclose where you go to church. A lot of very personal stuff. 

I am surprised she didn't ask for pictures of their kitchens.  

She must be very happy though...it's like her own version of mean girls.  She's said before that she never had friends in school.  Gee, I wonder why. :roll:

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Let's be real here...Lori couldn't be bothered with her children.

They were left to cry day and night.  At night she claimed she needed her sleep.  During the day, she would have been content to let them cry for "hours at a time" if the nanny hadn't intervened.  In the afternoons she sent them to their rooms for a couple of hours so she could rest.  

She's lazy.  She doesn't do anything that she doesn't want to do.  Hell, the woman bought a certain kind of carpet because "it never needs to be vacuumed" (which I am sure her maid really appreciated).   She wipes her counters with dishcloths that are soaked in raw chicken fluid because she doesn't want to walk to the washing machine and toss the damn things in.

She may claim she didn't play with her kids because she was too sick, but take a look at what she just told a reader:

They bored her, and Lori doesn't waste time on things that bore her.

I'm going to be honest here..

I'm lazy but I still do the housework. I kinda follow the purple lady 15 mins at a time ...makes it much easier.

At times I found my children to be boring but I still played with them, read to them. These days I try to help with homework( difficult when you're not educated in the same language!), advise on boy/girl friends and play video games with them.

I don't regret putting the children before me when they were younger. It was my job. All jobs have boring parts.

Just now, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I'm going to be honest here..

I'm lazy but I still do the housework. I kinda follow the purple lady 15 mins at a time ...makes it much easier.

At times I found my children to be boring but I still played with them, read to them. These days I try to help with homework( difficult when you're not educated in the same language!), advise on boy/girl friends and play video games with them.

I don't regret putting the children before me when they were younger. It was my job. All jobs have boring parts.

Oh I get it. I'd rather dig my eyeball out with a rusty spoon than play Candyland. And sometimes their little voices made me cringe. It was like I could not even finish a THOUGHT; let alone a task.  

I am an empty nester and tend to recall the best of parenthood but I do remember the days when I thought I'd go batty. 

I like what you say about "all jobs."  I used to tell people that when they asked how I like staying home full time. I would say "Like any job, there are good days and bad days."  

My mom really was too sick to play with us a lot when we were little. But you know who did? My dad. I have super fond memories of him getting down on the floor and playing dollhouses with us. Yep. Our fundy dad ... OUR DAD ... played with his daughters. 

More than Ken or Lori ever did.

My mum too @polecat.  She was physically unable to play with us, but she sure made us feel like the best part of her day was listening to us.  We would go out and do some fun thing with my Dad and then come home and talk a mile a minute telling her all about it.  I'm sure it sucked not being able to take part, and kid stories are sometimes fucking boring, but the way her face lit up when we talked was everything.  

What a crappy mother Lori must be. Actually, what a crappy person altogether. 

I've known several women who have talked about not always being happy playing with their kids or being SAHMs. The issue I have with Lori that she constantly trashes working mothers and says that all women should be SAHMs. I think we all go through our moments of selfishness which sometimes isn't bad. Lori was the never the selfless SAHM. I have a friend whose grandmother is an abusive narcissist. My friend's father has a limited relationship with the grandmother.  She lives with her youngest son. Some of my friend's descriptions of her grandmother sounds a lot like Lori. My friend's grandmother never had nanny, however the oldest daughter pretty much raised the kids and cleaned the house because the grandmother didn't want to. The grandmother is 83 now and is disabled due to a stroke. The family goes through home health care aides all the time because the grandmother is a verbally abusive.  Two former aides filed grievance with the home care agency and the Medicare provider.  I see Lori turning out like my friend's grandmother and I already feel sorry for home health care aides or nursing home employees who will have to put up with her.

Along the 'Lazy Lori' vein, this was posted on her blog in February but I was out of the country and away from internet and couldn't comment then.  It's in this post:

https://thetransformedwife.com/please-dont-take-your-husband-for-granted/#comments

Look at Phylla's comment and Lori's response:

Phylla says:

February 27, 2017 at 10:28 am

Wow! Women can do a lot when we put our minds to it!

Lori Alexander says:

February 27, 2017 at 1:16 pm

We sure can, Phylla, but it’s so much easier to ask someone else.

That, in a nutshell, is Lori.  Lazy.  Dumb as a fence post to lack the insight into what she had just admitted.  And a bossy bully.  When she could no longer boss her sisters, her children had escaped and Ken finally said ENOUGH, she simply switched her target audience.  She is not only not Always Learning, she is completely unteachable and, frankly, lacks any redeeming qualities at all that I can see.

I'm unbelievably lazy these days...but hubs is trying to make up for all the years "I was an asshole"...So, I really don't have to do anything around the house except cook. BUT...for many years I did it ALL...work, kids, my mother, housework, bill paying, everything. So now I'm lazy as hell...works for me! 

However, even on my worst days I probably still do more than Lori...at least I haul my ass out to work, do class prep, currently studying for a certification exam, and now lining shit up to move. 

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

Along the 'Lazy Lori' vein, this was posted on her blog in February but I was out of the country and away from internet and couldn't comment then.  It's in this post:

https://thetransformedwife.com/please-dont-take-your-husband-for-granted/#comments

Look at Phylla's comment and Lori's response:

Phylla says:

February 27, 2017 at 10:28 am

Wow! Women can do a lot when we put our minds to it!

Lori Alexander says:

February 27, 2017 at 1:16 pm

We sure can, Phylla, but it’s so much easier to ask someone else.

That, in a nutshell, is Lori.  Lazy.  Dumb as a fence post to lack the insight into what she had just admitted.  And a bossy bully.  When she could no longer boss her sisters, her children had escaped and Ken finally said ENOUGH, she simply switched her target audience.  She is not only not Always Learning, she is completely unteachable and, frankly, lacks any redeeming qualities at all that I can see.

It has always been hard for me to find any redeeming qualities in Lori. For a long time, I thought Zsu was the worst fundie blogger, but Lori is much worse in some ways imo. I could probably tolerate being around Jill Rodriguez or Super Catholic Abigail more than Lori.

I love this! 

Doctrinal differences not specifically related to women in their rolls as wives and/or mothers

I scrolled all the way through that application and it sounds like applicants are joining a little cult.  I'm surprised she doesn't require that wives get their husband's permission before joining the chat room.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived