IGNORED

Lori Alexander 17: Pooping on Someone Else's Lawn

1 hour ago, Koala said:

The next day, she bought me some good potatoes and made a big pot of vegetable soup for me.  I couldn't wait to finally have some potatoes.  I went to get some soup and there was not ONE potato in the whole soup!!!  I almost lost it.  I did shed a few tears.  I wanted to text her, "Where are the potatoes???"  Make her feel bad, you know.  

Why didn't she just peel a potato, cut the thing up in chunks, boil them in a little pot with salted water and add them to the soup her daughter  had already made for her?????  

I thought complaining was asking for snakes, Lori. I thought one must push oneself through the pain (like your boys did when they were injured). I thought we should practice contentment.... 

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, onemama said:

Why didn't she just peel a potato, cut the thing up in chunks, boil them in a little pot with salted water and add them to the soup her daughter  had already made for her?????  

I thought complaining was asking for snakes, Lori. I thought one must push oneself through the pain (like your boys did when they were injured). I thought we should practice contentment.... 

A reader once suggested that:

Women can do a lot when we put our minds to it!

Lori response?

We sure can, Phylla, but it’s so much easier to ask someone else.

So yes, she could have made the potato herself, but it's so much easier to just have someone else do it for you.  

Plus, Lori gets the bonus of "making them feel bad" when they don't cater to her whims perfectly.  

Lori:

I learned to suffer in silence since it went on for so long.

It's a mystery how the internet even found out about her 20 years of suffering, with her being so silent and all.  I guess it was all of the posts she wrote.  

:pb_rollseyes:

From what I understand, the only unforgivable sin is called blasphemy as stated in Matt. 12:31.  Most consider this to be rejection of the Holy Spirit's prompting someone's heart to accept Jesus as Savior.

What is wrong with her? I mean, seriously. She must have some sort of mental issues to continue these lies and not even realize (or maybe she does) that she says them! OMG! 

I have called her out on misuse of scripture quite a few times. She has me blocked on FB. She also has refused to publish my comments. OR my favorite--publishes them, but edits/cuts out parts. Real great. 

Listen, if you are going to use scripture to back up your stance, you better sure as hell be able to defend it. Not just delete away. 

39 minutes ago, Koala said:

It's a mystery how the internet even found out about her 20 years of suffering, with her being so silent and all.  I guess it was all of the posts she wrote.  

Time to practice contentment with the irony? :my_angel:  

It all sounds so silly. If someone's got chronic illness/pain, it's not shameful to complain. It's a crappy thing to deal with. Reasonable people wouldn't fault someone for it. But saying you aren't complaining when obviously doing so is just ridiculous. What's the big deal though with communicating simple requests to other adults and them fulfilling them? Alternatively, where's the sin in saying "I'm sick, please bring home X"?

3 minutes ago, December said:

Time to practice contentment with the irony? :my_angel:  

It all sounds so silly. If someone's got chronic illness/pain, it's not shameful to complain. It's a crappy thing to deal with. Reasonable people wouldn't fault someone for it. But saying you aren't complaining when obviously doing so is just ridiculous. What's the big deal though with communicating simple requests to other adults and them fulfilling them? Alternatively, where's the sin in saying "I'm sick, please bring home X"?

Because being submissive means never asking for anything even when it's reasonable and normal. 

Or at least, that's the mindset I was in when I was deep into this stuff. It nearly cost me my marriage.

I would love to know how her children and daughter-in-laws feel about her stances on things. And how they feel about her lies. 

4 hours ago, Koala said:

We sure can, Phylla, but it’s so much easier to ask someone else.

I know she would consider The Simpsons to be ungodly, but this reminds me of the episode where Homer ran for the office of Sanitation Commissioner on the slogan, "Can't someone else do it?"  Lori, the writers did not intend for that to actually be a life philosophy.

She's posted another notebook doodle.

Her readers (who she supposedly mentors) are posing legitimate concerns:

So how exactly are mothers supposed to do this when the american family is typically a double income home now? A mother opting to stay home could be the difference between a child growing up in poverty or not. 
And if nothing is impossible with God, could it be possible for a mother to raise godly children and work with the proper time management skills?

Lori:

There are many billions of women who have and who are living simply within their husbands' income. God is the One who commands mothers to love their children and be keepers at home so they won't blaspheme (speak evil about) the Word of God so you will have to take it up with Him.

Does she even realize how snotty and spoiled she sounds?

Reader:

Some mothers have no choice but to work a full time job. Not to "chase the American Dream," but just so she can feed her children. Not everyone is afforded the privilege of being a "Stay at Home Mother."

Lori:

With God NOTHING is impossible!

Right, but you present yourself as a mentor.  Tell her how she's supposed to feed her kids.  Are you and Ken going to buy her groceries?  Should she steal them?  Is God going to magically deposit money into her account?

Reader:

Single Mother's must work, mostly outside the home.

Lori (same song, second verse):

Nothing is impossible with God!

Excellent.  If nothing is impossible, then please tell these single women exactly how they are supposed to feed and house their children without an income.  If the answer is "work from home", then please outline specifically which job they should take, how much they should expect to earn, and how their pay will cover the necessities.  If they can't get a "work from home" job, then what?  

It must be so nice for Lori to sit in her home (never wasting a moment worrying about things like groceries, mortgage, utilities), commanding women to do the impossible, and then never giving a second thought to the fact that her advice could literally turn their lives upside down.

I mean here she is going on 7 week vacations and wasting countless dollars on absolute nonsense.  What does she care if a mother takes her advice and has to put her kids to bed hungry?  She's still taken care of, so no big deal.

I'm having trouble keeping up with this thread. Lori is just one giant headfuck. Isn't lying going against one of the Commandments? The mental gymnastics she employs... 

*mind officially fucked*

By saying "many billions of women" she is basically saying ALL women in the world. There are roughly 3 billion women out of the 7 billion or so humans in the world. LOL!

50 minutes ago, Koala said:

Excellent.  If nothing is impossible, then please tell these single women exactly how they are supposed to feed and house their children without an income.  If the answer is "work from home", then please outline specifically which job they should take, how much they should expect to earn, and how their pay will cover the necessities.  If they can't get a "work from home" job, then what?  

Well, it's their own fault.  If they're divorced, they should have stayed with their husband, and if they were never married, they had no business having teh secks in the first place.[/sarcasm]

3 hours ago, smittykins said:

Well, it's their own fault.  If they're divorced, they should have stayed with their husband, and if they were never married, they had no business having teh secks in the first place.[/sarcasm]

Yeah, but see, it's hard to stay with the husband if he left and refused to come back.  Just sayin'......

I tried the work from home thing.  I guess I did it 'wrong'.  I couldn't make anything, b/c we don't have high speed internet and it's not available where I live.  I tried cleaning houses (which still meant leaving my kids, by the way, Lori.) but couldn't keep it up physically, it was putting me in an early grave.  *God* led me to go back to college so I could get a decent job that wouldn't have me killing myself to still not be able to pay the bills. Did he provide?  Sure he has, but that doesn't mean he doesn't expect me to get up and work hard to take care of us!! (Even the Bible says if you don't work, you don't eat!) 

I have full custody of my 6 minor children. (I have an adult child too)  I get no child support.  My parents and student loans pay our bills. But I will eventually be able to take care of us myself, and I don't buy Lori's crap for a second. God is with me every second, and He wants me where I am, in college, earning my degree so I can support my children.

One day Lori will answer for all her judgement and horribleness.

On one of the facebook exchanges about women working from home, this woman had a comment deleted somewhere in the middle of it all. And no doubt this will get deleted soon, so that no one knows Lori did delete a comment. 

You deleted my comment? That's misconstruing things a bit....
Either way, if you can stay home, great, more power to you. But that doesn't make you more exalted or holy because of your family circumstances. The Bible never demands or expects that of women no matter how many words you literally translate. 
If it were so important, Jesus would have spoke up about it. But he didn't. In fact he had women in his group, away from the home, working with him. 
He was radically different from the culture he lived in. 
Judging working moms just makes you a Pharisee. Which Jesus said plenty about.

More:

Samantha Ann This page is disturbing. You delete comments to support your side and try to act like you are so righteous and godly for making lifestyle choices irrelevant to the Bible. How is that not dishonest? 
Please stop trying to pass your opinion and speculation off as scriptural.

The same woman added this to the thread a few minutes ago; I'm sure it will soon be deleted as well. 

This page is disturbing. You delete comments to support your side and try to act like you are so righteous and godly for making lifestyle choices irrelevant to the Bible. How is that not dishonest? 
Please stop trying to pass your opinion and speculation off as scriptural.

Yes, and just like that its gone! Just a mere few minutes later. See how timing is everything with this woman! How many women never get a voice. 

Today's post (and let's face it, her whole Facebook/blog) would make a statistician rip out his or her hair. "Let me ask a group of women who I know agree with me, thanks to a ridiculously intensive vetting process, what they think about working at home! If anyone disagrees, I can delete those lies from SATAN." 

And now Lori can look back and see how many people agree with her, getting high off the smell of her own farts.

Reader:

We have 12 children. 2 are grown now and we have always made it on my husbands very modest income. The kids may not get what they want but they get what they need and none of us would change it for the world

BS. This is getting into Duggar Territory. They had a huge tv show and books to support a large family. A family of 14 on a modest income! Come on. 

I hate comments like these, so anytime a woman with 3 children or hey even 9 is struggling, the Lori's of the world will point to this super woman and say look she has 12....no excuses for you. 

Would someone please explain to me like i'm Lori why it is such a point of pride among fundie SAHM that their husband work 2 or more jobs?

These women seem to be in a contest to win " The Always Working Husband with Multiple Jobs Who Is NEVER Home" trophy.

They continually brag that their husbands will do anything so they can be SAHM, -- working 2 full time jobs, and then delivering newspapers or having a part time job on the weekends. 

At the same time they are humble bragging about their 5-12 children and how poor they are, and how frugal they must be -- even though the hubby is Always Working.

Seriously -- when do these Always Working men sleep or see their children or their wives?  They are never home.  And if they are never home, how can they be exercising day-to-day headship, because the wife/SAHM is the one on the ground making decisions

Then when these Always Working men die from stress or whatever from always working/no sleep/etc. these SAHMs and the 5-12 children are left in even more poverty because of no life insurance and probably no pensions or even SS.

Fundies are big on self-employment and not taking money from the Boss Man or dealing with the ebil gubmit  so I wonder if they are paying into SS.

Then you have the godly fundie SAHM with 5-12 children and no education, no job skills and no job trying to throw herself/family on the mercy of relatives or the church or Welfare (as per Lori's suggestion). Except Welfare isn't forever and it is the ebil gubmint after all.

So explain to me why this is such as great plan?  Why Lori and her fangirls think this is Biblical?  Why these SAHM seem to want a hubby who is never home and works himself into an early grave?

God gave all of us a brain -- why is it satanic to use it?

/

Today's doodle is just bull. Does she have any evidence to prove this? I had a SAHM and am far from a well-adjusted and confident adult. I mean, I do okay in general life, but I suffer from a lot of health problems and mental health issues. Despite having a SAHM mom I had severe anxiety and suffered from depression since I was quite young. I have OCD, am a bit shy and lack a lot of self-confidence. Nothing to do with my mother. She was a wonderful mom. She actually liked having children and enjoyed having us around. You know, would play with us, didn't send us to our room for hours at a time so she could be alone everyday, never had a maid or a nanny either. 

However, I would seriously like real evidence that children who went to daycare turned out worse than children with SAHMs. I'm going to bet that neither matter and what really mattered was the love and care the parents provided over all. You will have to prove to me that babies in daycare are less loved than babies who had a parent at home with them all day. Having worked in a daycare I honestly hope to not put my own in a daycare. I do know that the providers in them do their best to give attention and care to all the babies. It is just that the regulations to ratios are awful with average of 4-5 per adult with sometimes as many as 16 babies in a room at a time. They do their absolute best, but it never feels like you meet their needs as you ought to do. You have 10 babies crying and 4 adults in the room, sadly some babies have to wait to get their needs met.

Having said all that though, based on Lori's treatment of her babies, daycare providers would have provided MUCH better care to them than she did. Without a doubt. Maybe they would have had to wait a few minutes when upset while the adults tended to other infants needs, but they would have been attended to promptly. Thankfully Lori's babies at least had a nanny to give them the attention Lori could not be bothered to give. 

41217c.JPG.c40faff4fb5d7d7665de990bd11be4ec.JPGInked41217LI.jpg.a7d04dea9c01637441a4cd1d9b1f5106.jpg

I've been a SAHM for most of my married life, but I've also worked for money.  It's not all or nothing for everyone.  I hope to work more as my children grow older. 

But I don't know if I'd have been able to be at home as I've been, picking and choosing jobs as they fit my needs and the time I have, if we had lived somewhere else.  My husband's full-time job covers our health insurance and pays into his Social Security. We get family allowance and pay a lot less tax. It's possible to live (frugally) on one income.  I'm not sure that's the case for most people on the planet.  

Lori seems to forget that not all women are married to men who have high paying jobs. Most women have to work for money, not validation, for money to buy things like groceries. 

15 hours ago, slp said:

I don't buy Lori's crap for a second. God is with me every second, and He wants me where I am, in college, earning my degree so I can support my children.

Good for you, for doing what you know is right. 

One day Lori will answer for all her judgement and horribleness.

I hope she comes to her senses and sees the error of her ways before it's too late, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon. She's too set in her ways, too right in her own mind.  

She is disgusting.  She made a video about spanking.  In the video, she tells her watchers a bold faced lie: "We didn't do it (spank) in anger". (approx. min. 2:28)

Yes, you did, Lori.  You have already admitted it.

I spanked my children when I was angry because rebellion is so ugly and I didn't want them to act ugly.

I spanked in anger sometimes, because I was usually pretty upset with my children when they needed a spanking

Proverbs 6:16-19

These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Proverbs 12:22

Lying lips are abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are his delight.

Yes, too right in her own mind and as was said here earlier via her chatroom she has created an army of women to back up and justify every belief she has. So if she starts to change her thinking, the girls in the chatroom will set her straight. 

Koala, Can you get screenshots of those quotes? I think they will disappear someday. Without screenshots people will think we just make this stuff up. 

I hate to admit it, but I don't have a clue how to take a screenshot.  I can link you to the post, if that helps (then maybe someone who actually knows how can take one).

I have also heard you should never spank in anger.  I spanked in anger sometimes, because I was usually pretty upset with my children when they needed a spanking, but I never came anywhere close to beating them. 

The above quote is in the 3rd paragraph of this post:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2011/07/spanking-children.html

This comment appears to have been deleted from her blog (probably after Ken's visit here).  It has been recorded several times on FJ, but the Godly Mentor appears to have scrubbed it.  Too bad she forgot to scrub the other.

I spanked my children when I was angry because rebellion is so ugly and I didn't want them to act ugly.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived