IGNORED

Lori Alexander 17: Pooping on Someone Else's Lawn

Mr. Daisy doesn't get a say in what I wear and vice versa.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guest says:

March 31, 2017 at 6:37 am

Lori — an interesting post. How do you and Ken incorporate this comment from above into your lives? “Most of us spend way too much money on clothes and on ourselves, yet the Lord wants us to spend our time and money on good works instead. ”

Besides the family do you have any favorite charities or community programs you like to support (with money time, energy, etc)?

Lori Alexander says:

March 31, 2017 at 7:18 am

The verse that comes to my mind with your question is this one:

“But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.” (Matthew 6:3, 4)

I have always found it odd when people share how much and to whom they’ve given money to, therefore, I am not going to do it, since we are told in His Word not to do this. We are each only accountable to the Lord in this area but yes, we absolutely should be generous and give to those in need!

HAHAH she won't say who she gives charity. Because its no one!

And wow again the price of that skirt in context to what she said in the post about people spend way too much money on clothes. 

I wish she would start citing stats better. I have questions!

• Time spent doing housework has fallen in half since when? 2000? 1950? 1900?
  • Why has time fallen in half? Are men doing more? Do we have more conveniences in our homes (dishwashers, vacuums, washing machines, etc.) that allow us to put less time into housework? Are we lazier? Do more women have more access to housekeepers?

17554382_1783630361650997_5405946155004349913_n.jpg

2 minutes ago, veloma said:

I wish she would start citing stats better. I have questions!

• Time spent doing housework has fallen in half since when? 2000? 1950? 1900?
  • Why has time fallen in half? Are men doing more? Do we have more conveniences in our homes (dishwashers, vacuums, washing machines, etc.) that allow us to put less time into housework? Are we lazier? Do more women have more access to housekeepers?

We don't need to bring secular statistics into the domestic sphere! :my_angel:  I'm guessing her factoid has some basis in reality, but like you said without contextualizing it, it's useless.

Also, it's not some Herculean task for most people to work a full time job, run errands, cook meals and do housework. My husband helps out, but I still do the majority. Because we budget our time, and our place has modern appliances. I'm thankful to live in an era where homemaking tasks shouldn't eat up 8+ hours of my day! 

Only Lori would think that doing less housework is 'tragic.' For the rest of us, it's cause for rejoicing. 

I think Lori entirely skipped the "family well loved" part, considering her Bug Salads, weight-shaming her daughters & beating toddlers with glee.

26 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Only Lori would think that doing less housework is 'tragic.' For the rest of us, it's cause for rejoicing. 

No kidding. More family time, more time with spouses, more leisure time--not a tragedy. 

I typically work 32 hours a week now (school year only) and our house is still clean and we still eat home cooked food for all but one or two meals per week. 

If Lori can't clean up after two people and cook meals for two people without turning it into a 24/7 job, she's doing it wrong. 

(Of course, it's Lori, so we know she's barely doing it at all since she doesn't practice what she preaches even the slightest bit).

38 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Oh, poo, Lori doesn't think it's tragic. She bought dark carpet so that she wouldn't have to vacuum, and she reuses the same dirty Norwex cloth on every surface of her house to save time. Lori's elevated lazy housekeeping to an art form. She just likes to criticize everyone else.

I live in a 1br apartment. Hubby currently works 12+ hour shifts. Yeah, I probably should put all my shoes away, do a load of laundry and unload the dishwasher, but it'll wait! I mean, I only work 16 hours a week...with travel time, it's probably about 20 hours I'm gone. I also probably should start sorting things out if we're going to move...

However, there's NO WAY that "taking care of the house" is a full time job here. Although, as fucked up as it sounds...the thought of going out, even to work, right now is enough to send me over the edge sort of...maybe I need to talk to the doc about that. 

Lori is one fucked up individual (and coming from this fucked up individual, that's saying a lot). 

I'm willing to bet, even with the time frame in which she grew up, Lori never actually scrubbed clothes on a board, cranked a manual washer, or even canned her own produce. She has NO idea what hard work is, housework or otherwise. 

7 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Oh, Lori....

Followed very quickly by: 

So basically, she says, "Don't buy new clothes all the time.  Also, look at my new skirt! You can buy one here!"

Does she even read this stuff over before she posts it?

She could read anything and everything till the cows come home, but never truly comprehend a word.

3 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Mr. Daisy doesn't get a say in what I wear and vice versa.

If Grampwych is so inclined to gift me with something to wear, I'll oblige him occasionally(more, if I like it.)   And vice versa.  But having a say in our clothing?  Nope.

Why does she fill me with such rage over such triviality? How is it tragic that women are spending less time doing housework? 

Do we have lower standards of cleanliness & hygiene? I so rarely go to other people's homes that I literally don't know. Growing up I saw just about all types of houses. Hoarders, minimalist, big mansions, small cottages, etc. I doubt my fellow GenX/Millennials have all decided to just forgo hygiene and cleanliness. If anything, people (overall) are consuming more and moving more, so they have fewer possessions that they have to clean. Plus with Landlord/Tenant laws, many homes have to have specific modern conveniences, such as microwaves, ovens, washer/dryer, blinds, etc.

I agree that overall, Americans are eating out more than when I was a child.  The sheer number of restaurants that exist everywhere is evidence of that.  What that has to do with her first statement, I don't know. 

"We are caring less & less about how we appear in public or private." 

GOOD. Maybe we can stop being shallow. There is more to life than how you appear. Stop focusing so much on appearances, Lori, and start thinking about what you are doing to help people in need. Like Jesus did. 

It is NOT a full time job to clean a house, fix food, tidy, and shop for clothes. Period. You can not convince me otherwise, unless, maybe you have 6 kids under 6 or something. It's NOT DIFFICULT for a wealthy middle class woman with 3 grown children to clean her house. 

$70 (plus tax) for a denim skirt?? Are you kidding me? It's not like it's a special size or custom made or tailored to her specifications....if it was a dress, or shoes, or a nice sweater/blouse ok maybe, but a DENIM skirt that every fundie wears and buys from Goodwill for like $10? I literally do not understand. 

Also, modesty in clothes budgeting is relative. I know that Lori is very literal and legalistic as someone else mentioned earlier, but what I spend on clothes that look right and appropriate on my short and curvy frame will be a lot higher than someone who can just wear things off the rack without tailoring anything. Modesty in that passage of Scripture has much more to do with the heart attitude of the wearer than the length of the wearer's skirt/decision to wear pants (I say "more" because appropriate and modest clothing is still important, like please don't show up to church in an outfit that intentionally displays your underwear).

5 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Guest says:

Lori Alexander says:

HAHAH she won't say who she gives charity. Because its no one!

And wow again the price of that skirt in context to what she said in the post about people spend way too much money on clothes. 

We already knew that Lori and Ken don't tithe to their church. I doubt they give to charity. She will never admit it. The person also asked Lori, if she supported any programs or charities with time. I can't see Lori volunteering at a soup kitchen or anywhere. She used to blog about attending meetings at her church and she and Ken claimed that their church sent women and couples to be "mentored". Then again either Lori or Ken said she was "mentoring" through texts.

46 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Why does she fill me with such rage over such triviality? How is it tragic that women are spending less time doing housework? 

Do we have lower standards of cleanliness & hygiene? I so rarely go to other people's homes that I literally don't know. Growing up I saw just about all types of houses. Hoarders, minimalist, big mansions, small cottages, etc. I doubt my fellow GenX/Millennials have all decided to just forgo hygiene and cleanliness. If anything, people (overall) are consuming more and moving more, so they have fewer possessions that they have to clean. Plus with Landlord/Tenant laws, many homes have to have specific modern conveniences, such as microwaves, ovens, washer/dryer, blinds, etc.

I agree that overall, Americans are eating out more than when I was a child.  The sheer number of restaurants that exist everywhere is evidence of that.  What that has to do with her first statement, I don't know. 

"We are caring less & less about how we appear in public or private." 

GOOD. Maybe we can stop being shallow. There is more to life than how you appear. Stop focusing so much on appearances, Lori, and start thinking about what you are doing to help people in need. Like Jesus did. 

It is NOT a full time job to clean a house, fix food, tidy, and shop for clothes. Period. You can not convince me otherwise, unless, maybe you have 6 kids under 6 or something. It's NOT DIFFICULT for a wealthy middle class woman with 3 grown children to clean her house. 

Even when all of Lori's kids were at home she had a nanny who probably did some or all of the housekeeping. It was never a full time for Princess Lori.

4 hours ago, Loveday said:

Whatever. That chicken juice isn't going to spread itself.

17 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

We already knew that Lori and Ken don't tithe to their church. I doubt they give to charity. She will never admit it. The person also asked Lori, if she supported any programs or charities with time. I can't see Lori volunteering at a soup kitchen or anywhere.

Another reader, who could just possibly be someone here, asked Lori if she felt Bible verse she's using not to answer the charity question applied to volunteering time as well as money. Since Jesus said we should love our neighbor as ourselves, it seems as though it would be ok to mention community causes we volunteer for. That reply didn't last long.

5 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

Whatever. That chicken juice isn't going to spread itself.

Can someone direct me to where Lori mentioned the chicken juice?

59 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

What is chicken juice? 

The liquid from raw chicken. Lori wipes it with a cloth, rinses it with water, just water, and reuses it over and over again. No soap, no running through a wash, just some tap water. Because her cloths are special and salmonella won't happen if you use the cloths she uses and follow what her god Lori says. After all black salve is all you need to cure skin cancer and if you don't vaccinate you won't get leukemia. 

If I was spending $70 on a skirt it better have decent sized pockets.

That being said, I like skirts. I dislike trousers as I don't like the feel of my legs being covered in fabric. I hate tights/pantyhose  for that reason as well. However being a short lady I find all skirts tend to be either mid-thigh or trailing on the ground in length. I just don't have the figure for mini-skirts any more.

12 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

What is chicken juice? 

The blood and other fluids that come from raw chicken.

13 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

We already knew that Lori and Ken don't tithe to their church. I doubt they give to charity. She will never admit it. The person also asked Lori, if she supported any programs or charities with time. I can't see Lori volunteering at a soup kitchen or anywhere. She used to blog about attending meetings at her church and she and Ken claimed that their church sent women and couples to be "mentored". Then again either Lori or Ken said she was "mentoring" through texts.

Even when all of Lori's kids were at home she had a nanny who probably did some or all of the housekeeping. It was never a full time for Princess Lori.

I wonder if her church really sent couples to be mentored, since she recently said that her church told Ken that she was not allowed to discuss submission on church property.  It seems like they disapprove of (at least some) of her theories/bullshit, or maybe it changed as she became more extreme.  Lori really needs to keep her stories straight.

1 minute ago, crawfishgirl said:

I wonder if her church really sent couples to be mentored, since she recently said that her church told Ken that she was not allowed to discuss submission on church property.  It seems like they disapprove of (at least some) of her theories/bullshit, or maybe it changed as she became more extreme.  Lori really needs to keep her stories straight.

They have changed churches at least once since she has been blogging. In the early days of the Always Learning blog, she gave details about the church she used to attend and the details made it easy to pinpoint which church she was talking about. That church is North Coast Calvary Chapel. That church didn't seem extremely conservative, however they supported Mark Driscoll crap. Lori used to reference Driscoll quite a bit. In some of her Always Learning postings, she talked about how the church sent women or couples to her and/or Ken . In one post, she talked about how a couple was sent to them by the church for "mentoring". The meeting didn't go well and that couple refused to meet with them again. Somewhere in another posting, she said that some women from her church had rejected her as a mentor. I think it was a year or two ago that an FJer said that Lori and Ken had left North Coast and attending a different church. My take is that Lori and Ken use their bullshit theories and some people at church(es) don't buy it and those people tip off the pastors or staff.

36 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

They have changed churches at least once since she has been blogging. In the early days of the Always Learning blog, she gave details about the church she used to attend and the details made it easy to pinpoint which church she was talking about. That church is North Coast Calvary Chapel. That church didn't seem extremely conservative, however they supported Mark Driscoll crap. Lori used to reference Driscoll quite a bit. In some of her Always Learning postings, she talked about how the church sent women or couples to her and/or Ken . In one post, she talked about how a couple was sent to them by the church for "mentoring". The meeting didn't go well and that couple refused to meet with them again. Somewhere in another posting, she said that some women from her church had rejected her as a mentor. I think it was a year or two ago that an FJer said that Lori and Ken had left North Coast and attending a different church. My take is that Lori and Ken use their bullshit theories and some people at church(es) don't buy it and those people tip off the pastors or staff.

Good point about them changing their church.  If their old church made them mentors, and their new church tells them not to discuss submission, I wonder why they would have changed - seems like they were more in tune with the doctrine at the old church.  Something good must have happened...  :my_rolleyes:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived