IGNORED

Lori Alexander 17: Pooping on Someone Else's Lawn

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/01/how-to-avoid-flu.html

Lori references here Dr. Mercola. Isn't that the quack someone here told me about? 

If so, LOL. 

He's a total BS con man. On a cancer caregiver support page I'm on has multiple threads on his BS cancer cures right now. One guy is insisting that it is all legitimate because unlike "Big Pharma" and "corrupt oncologists", Mercola is not making any money from it. Except that available numbers online indicate Mercola takes in about $4.5 million a year. Those corrupt oncologists averaged $317,000 in 2013. So clearly, they are in it for the money while Mercola is in it for the noble cause of saving lives. 

18 hours ago, Showtunesgirl said:

Modesty in that passage of Scripture has much more to do with the heart attitude of the wearer than the length of the wearer's skirt/decision to wear pants (I say "more" because appropriate and modest clothing is still important, like please don't show up to church in an outfit that intentionally displays your underwear).

I agree with you, Showtunesgirl.  Modesty is about not showing off, and it's definitely a lot more about an attitude of the heart than our choice in clothes.  

I actually like her skirt, but there's no way I'm paying that price for one skirt!  I just bought a dress at a second hand store for €7. That's the price I pay.  Like you, I'm short and curvy, a very pronounced pear, so the choice to wear mostly dresses has nothing to do with "bein modest" and everything to do with comfort and wearing things that look nice on my frame. Besides, I have trouble with bloating and can't stand to have a waistband or pant legs constricting me when I'm bloated. It makes me irritable, so I avoid jeans most of the time. 

Lori to a reader:

We need to remember to not be nostalgic for the “good old days” 

And yet:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/06/longing-for-good-old-days.html

Lori is pretty much ALWAYS talking about how how she wishes things were the way they were when she was growing up.  She just wanted a chance to correct one of her readers, even if it meant contradicting herself. :roll:

Lori, you twit, people are spending less time in housekeeping because of things like modern appliances. When I was a kid in the '50s and '60s, my mom and the other moms in our neighborhood didn't have dishwashers or clothes dryers. Prior to modern synthetics, people had to spend a lot more time ironing. Waxing the linoleum kitchen floor was a thing back then. There were no microwaves. Small appliances like blenders were just starting to get off the ground (we did have a toaster and an electric mixer, though). 

I could go on all day. 

Just throwing this tidbit out there: For  my mother-of-the bride-dress - a dress for one of the most joyous days in my life, I spent $89 and felt wonderful in it. Thrown in my Jewelry from Kohl's and I think I reached $100.  I loved that bling too!!  

I just think it's interesting that modest, frugal Lori is showing off a denim skirt that is nowhere near attainable for many of her readers. 

Oh!  Also, my daughter was a bridesmaid two years ago and the bride just told the girls to find a knee length navy dress - anything would do. My daughter found an amazing dress at a second hand shop for $4.50 - ANNNNNND, the neckline actually came to...you know...her neck; not her waist. 

I just don't think Lori should be teaching about frugality, budgeting, modesty....okay....ANYTHING. 

I wear skirts a lot more these days...nothing to do with modesty and everything to do with sensitive skin. I have stretch marks and surgical scars on my abdomen. Pants, the waistbands HURT on the torn up skin after just a little while. They're also MUCH cooler in the desert summers. I wear mostly maxi skirts, down to my feet, but couple them with tank tops...so definitely not "modest". And...being a little on the chubby side (ok, so fat side), I wouldn't be wearing anything especially "revealing" anyway...

Hell, I don't wear bathing suits in public...they'd be looking for those whaling harpoons to get the whale out of the pool!

11 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/01/how-to-avoid-flu.html

Lori references here Dr. Mercola. Isn't that the quack someone here told me about? 

If so, LOL. 

Dr Mercola is a dangerous quack.  Some of his advice on asthma is downright frightening (and potentially deadly)  I've read some of his articles and he is scary crazy!

Not really surprised that Lori is in to his quackery.

22 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

Good point about them changing their church.  If their old church made them mentors, and their new church tells them not to discuss submission, I wonder why they would have changed - seems like they were more in tune with the doctrine at the old church.  Something good must have happened...  :my_rolleyes:

I think there could have been drama with their old church too. If Lori was telling the truth about how some women and couples rejected her and/or Ken as a mentor, gossip could have spread around and maybe they were asked to step down as mentors.  Lori's Always Learning blog had a lot of content that could have easily disgusted any sane pastor or church management member. There were comments by Ken and Lori that supported men being physically and emotionally abusive to women. Also, Lori and Ken posted hateful comments about poor people, working women, and children raised by single mothers. Their old church is a mega church so many women there were probably working outside the home and church administration could have sided against Lori and Ken.

On 3/31/2017 at 2:33 PM, veloma said:

I wish she would start citing stats better. I have questions!

• Time spent doing housework has fallen in half since when? 2000? 1950? 1900?
  • Why has time fallen in half? Are men doing more? Do we have more conveniences in our homes (dishwashers, vacuums, washing machines, etc.) that allow us to put less time into housework? Are we lazier? Do more women have more access to housekeepers?

17554382_1783630361650997_5405946155004349913_n.jpg

I must show you all the disturbing journal entry I found written by my youngest daughter. This reminded me of Lori.

Spoiler

IMG_3918.JPG

Revenge on who? Sounds like classic sibling fun! Also how old is she? I love it but what is she planning with the goblin mask?

Our priest talked about Jesus having human emotions in today's homily. A whole range of them. He cited examples in the gospels. 

I thought of Lori's obsession with all emotion being ungodly. How does she explain the places in the gospel where Jesus has emotions, including negative ones like frustration? 

Also the phrase "of old" was referenced in one of the song's we sang at this morning's mass. It occurred to me that if Lori loves religious writing "of old", she had better put a cut off on how old they can be or she'll be reading Catholic writing. :pb_lol:

They couldn't have pried what she paid for that skirt out of my hands.  :my_cry:

I'd have needed at least 4 skirts for that price.  Then again, I am not easily parted with my money, unlike Frugal Lori.

22 hours ago, jerkit said:

Just finished cleaning my house. Should I take pictures and send them to Lori? :my_angel:

Only if your Norwex cloths are front and center!

1 hour ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Revenge on who? Sounds like classic sibling fun! Also how old is she? I love it but what is she planning with the goblin mask?

I think it was from last year so she was 9/10. The goblin mask is an old Halloween mask my son was terrified of which I threw away. So I'm guessing she wanted to scare him. Pranks get out of hand sometimes!

So Lori couldn't even name a charity she likes? You don't have to tell how much. You can mention the food pantry ffs. Or possibly something at church. Maybe a widow with children she supports since she thinks churches are supposed to do that. Not to brag but as an example.

Well today Lori is on her public school diatribe. Ugh.

My children have done both public and private Christian schools, and I've never had a problem with the teachers in the public schools. My kids teachers were all nice church-going people.  The county superintendent is a deacon in our church.  In Aug. before school started, he was asked to come up front where the pastor and church members prayed over him for the new school year.  

Hey Lori, if you get out of your house and "let your light shine before men..." maybe we could get God back in the schools.  Jesus never said to only stay at home.

Lori should move to Quebec. They have mandatory religious education from K- at least G8.. It covers all religions until 8th grade when it focuses on Catholicism..

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Hey Lori, if you get out of your house and "let your light shine before men..." maybe we could get God back in the schools.  Jesus never said to only stay at home.

It's not the job of the public schools to enforce your religious beliefs or anyone else's.

2 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Hey Lori, if you get out of your house and "let your light shine before men..." maybe we could get God back in the schools.  

Oh, boy. I hope not. 

I agree with@Koala. Religion has no business being in public schools except how it relates to coursework (history, philosophy, etc).

Every time I read the title of this topic I worry that somehow Lorken and the Nauglers have found each other. It's a scary thought... :562479996c7e4_ScienceH.Logicomg:

Scary thought! There are many similarities: deep seated laziness, disregard for sanitation, lack of critical thinking skills, lack of empathy, lack of boundaries, cherry picking of rules/laws/bible quotes, harassment of anyone who dares criticise, general stupidity.

But can you imagine Lori Queen of Poopistan, Sovereign of The White Buckets, She of The Ever Growing Brood? I can't. Precious Princess Lori needs to be spoiled and pampered. No expensive skincare? No organic food just Hardee's or mystery cans? No way in hell. Lori would have divorced Pa Poop loooong ago.

So I did something today that Lori would thoroughly disapprove of. I can practically hear her tut-tuting. I did an Olympic Distance Triathlon. I wore a skin tight sleeveless trisuit. I unzipped it on the bike to dry off a bit and men might have seen my hot pink sports bra. My swim wave caught up with the wave ahead of mine, and I did not hold back to let the guy finish before the women. I passed both men and women on the bike. I ran past a few guys ( mostly ones that were injured or just unfit, the run is not my thing). There were people watching us and cheering us and God was never mentioned. Kids had a great time playing and holding signs and cheering for people they knew. It was 85 and the UV index was Very High and I didn't give a rip about modesty or what I looked like.  I didn't care about if it would hurt the menz feelings if they were passed by a woman. I wasn't offended when men and women passed me. Afterwards I drank a beer, took off my clothes and just sat around naked for a good hour while my SO played on the computer. He did not force me into 15 minutes with some coconut oil, but he did put aloe on my sunburn and helped me carry stuff. 

Most of the people who do this sport are highly educated (engineers, politicians, doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, marketing, etc) and that's true for both sexes. People who weren't part of the race were still cheering on both men and women. 

Lori is a relic from another age. 

44 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Lori is a relic from another age. 

Nah...she's a relic from another planet. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived