IGNORED

Lori Alexander 17: Pooping on Someone Else's Lawn

28 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

What happens when it outgrows its pot?

When it outgrows  the pot by becoming root bound, the plant will need to be pulled out of its pot and its roots will need to be pruned, like you would a bonsai.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, jerkit said:

The more I think about this, the more I'm inclined to say that it's heretical. Jesus did not die so that woman could stay home. Even if you believe that women should stay home, equating that with the Gospel/"needing Jesus" is straight up heresy, IMO.

Amen. 

It was studying the way that Jesus treated women that finally made me realize that he didn't come to enforce patriarchy. He didn't speak against it, but he didn't speak against slavery or captivity either. Jesus let down those who expected him to reinforce the religious laws and restored those who had lost hope in God's love for them.  Children, women, slaves, convicts, foreigners, prostitutes, women of ill-repute, repentant tax collectors, inquiring pharisees who came to him under the cover of night.. Jesus had time for those who wanted to learn from him.  

Here's a comment from the gossipy facebook post:

it is certainly not an ear-tickling message you deliver.

And Lori responds:

I know! - laughing smily-  I guess it's all she could come up with.

I think she should show the original messages. I think the woman may have accused her of teaching ear-tickling doctrine to men, not women.  Lori certainly teaches men, and she teaches them what (some of them) want to hear. 

On FB:

Commenter:

but what if your husband has left you? has been cheating on you? But still tells you you should listen to you as manipulation? I have had a year long battle and we have talked about it Lori. I stopped my divorce because my husband asked me to....he had no intentions of coming back, he just wanted to manipulate me. I kept praying for the Lord to turn him back to God so that he would come back home. But all he has done is manipulate me and at the same time said you need to be submissive.

After Lori tells her to watch 2 video links about women who stayed in their marriages and won their men, she then says:

those are great stories......I long to be reconciled, to submit to my husband. But he is convinced he wants a divorce. I have prayed and prayed. My children are confused and bitter. Everything is a mess.

Lori not listening just tells her to pray some more basically:

Keep your focus on Christ and His strength in and through you, then be obedient and rest in Him. Let Him fight this battle for you.

That is all. No real empathy here. No sorry to hear your prayers aren't working. BECAUSE God does not answer all prayers. 

Lori:

4 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Let Him fight this battle for you.

This is the only thing I agree with. But that doesn't mean she has to be living under the same roof, or that "the battle" is the one she has in mind.  It may well be that the husband never wants to go back to her. By letting him go, she stops feeling responsible for changing him.  Lori basically teaches that a wife is responsible for her husband. 

6 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

No real empathy here. No sorry to hear your prayers aren't working.

I agree. But when have we ever seen Lori show empathy to a woman?

Lori:

Proves she doesn't know the Word of God.

Lori:

It proves she doesn't know the Word since people who tickle others' ears are saying things that make people feel good in their sin, not those who make others' convicted about their sin

Proverbs 16:18

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

The glee with which Lori proclaims that this woman doesn't know "the Word" is just disgusting.  She is full of pride and self importance.  She should be ashamed.

57 minutes ago, veloma said:

When it outgrows  the pot by becoming root bound, the plant will need to be pulled out of its pot and its roots will need to be pruned, like you would a bonsai.

I finally read the post, and the reason her lemon is blooming so much is because she just bought it and prior to purchase, it was at a greenhouse in optimal conditions - light, water, fertilizer - with people who are trained to grow plants (sort of like an educator would be!). Sounds like it's in a good spot in her home, but houses aren't ideal conditions for plants - the light and heat/humidity is to our liking and comfort, not the plants, and when they decline, people have a tendency to kill them further with kindness.

I like plants ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18 hours ago, feministxtian said:

We've had separate accounts from day 1. I can access his online and he can access mine online even though just one name is on the account. We have nothing to hide! But then again, some fundie MALE told me we didn't have a "real" marriage since our finances weren't "combined"...he didn't seem to understand that it's still one pot but has a divider in it. 

I think for many people combined finances = controlled/scrutinized finances. It's one thing if couples decide they want to combine finances (or in rarer cases, need to). But generalizing that it's the best idea for all couples sure just sounds like a way to keep any financial control out of one partner's hands, regardless of their personality or situation. 

4 hours ago, Koala said:

I'm no Christian, but I am not really sure that "if you don't like what I say, you must not be a Christian", is a Christlike attitude.  

Yeah, I'm no Biblical scholar but that sure sounds questionable to me. ;) Maybe the churches I attended were just weird outliers, but they all seemed to suggest that liking and following what Jesus said was what made you a Christian... 

Hmm, I know the person you are referring to from another FB group. And you are totally misrepresenting the conversation you had. Also perhaps you should spend some time off of FB and with Jesus studying the passages about gossip. What purpose is dragging her through the mud serving other than to boost your ego. Pride goes before the fall.

And since you've blocked her so she can't defend herself. Here is her side of the story: "Yes, this is me. She is referring to the conversation I had with her on Saturday night. I posted on her page to ask why she had deleted my comments on her submission post, and she said it's because nowhere in scripture does it say men are to submit to their wives. So I asked her, "What does Eph 5:21 say?" And so she began rattling off scriptures and accusing me of wanting my ears tickled.

She has defrauded me by misrepresenting our conversation, and I am blocked from her page so I can't demonstrate to her readers how unhealthy and immoral she is.

Yup. And I didn't "accuse" her of not knowing Greek and Hebrew. I ASKED her if she had ever studied the Greek to understand the nuance in the language, and I ASKED her if she had ever considered the context, culture, and audience in this passage."

From  the notebook doodle. These comments are getting deleted soon :my_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, cara said:

From  the notebook doodle. These comments are getting deleted soon :my_biggrin:

No surprise here. Of course Lori is misrepresenting her!  

She is something else!  So glad someone finally called her on the fact that she's a giant gossip who uses to readers to make herself appear more godly.

@cara Are you still seeing those comments, or has she already deleted them?  

1 hour ago, December said:

I think for many people combined finances = controlled/scrutinized finances. It's one thing if couples decide they want to combine finances (or in rarer cases, need to). But generalizing that it's the best idea for all couples sure just sounds like a way to keep any financial control out of one partner's hands, regardless of their personality or situation. 

My X and I had joint accounts and yes, it became a control issue. He'd get pissed at me and decide to shut off my debit card. When hubby and I got together, I'd already established my own banking. Now, we bank at the same credit union which makes transferring money between accounts very easy. I can transfer to him and he can transfer to me (I actually do it because he is a technophobe). It's never like the balances are secret...I mean we'll talk about it...and yes, we do discuss big purchases. He's of the opinion that as long as the bills get paid, he doesn't give a damn what I do with "my" money. 

But...many men are not that way, fundie or not. 

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

LOL on the link. She just got this tree and rushes to assume its sooooo much better than the outdoor trees. Has it produced fruit yet? Time will tell. Sheltered kids won't don't produce fruit I can't imagine is a good thing.  What happens when it outgrows its pot?

Trey has showed up over here:

https://biblicalgenderroles.com/2015/08/01/can-a-christian-wife-withhold-sex-as-a-way-to-change-her-husbands-bad-behavior/comment-page-2/#comment-16778

I wondered if it was the same Trey and it only took half a second to tell it is

WHOA.

That sure is somethin'.

I encourage people to go back a page and read what AlwaysDiscerning quoted from Trey (a Lori leghumper commenting on a not-Lori post). It's epic and horrifying.

(One can't be certain it's the same Trey, but sure sounds like it.)

19 minutes ago, Petronella said:

WHOA.

That sure is somethin'.

I encourage people to go back a page and read what AlwaysDiscerning quoted from Trey (a Lori leghumper commenting on a not-Lori post). It's epic and horrifying.

(One can't be certain it's the same Trey, but sure sounds like it.)

And I just see now the owner of that blog (biblicalgenderroles) tells Trey he makes really good points!! Sounded just like Lori in his response. 

Sorry for the semi-off topic links today, but this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4364368/Mormon-mommy-blogger-turned-alt-right-poster-girl.html

This name seems familiar. Has purposefulwife commented at Lori's?  Looks like she got herself to go viral and must be basking in the attention. 

4 hours ago, polecat said:

Lori knows as much about gardening as she knows about anything else.

When you grow seedlings indoors, they are very delicate little things. You have to harden them off before they can be exposed to direct sunlight, wind, rain, cooler/warmer temps, etc. If you don't, your seedlings WILL die. Or you will have to keep them indoors forever, and they'll never reach their full potential.

Since she's using this as an illustration for children, I can do the same thing. She's wanting to shelter other people's kids from all bad influences. Fine. But this means that those children will never be able to be exposed to any negative influences because they simply will not be strong enough to withstand those influences. They will be weak and delicate little flowers who will wilt and die at the first assault on their faith. It would be far better to "harden your children off" by teaching them to be strong and hardy against the direct sun, the wind, the rain, and the extreme temperatures by teaching your kids to make healthy choices, by teaching them right and wrong, by teaching them to reason, by teaching them to use common sense, by teaching them to stand firm for what THEY believe. But, of course, this isn't what Lori wants, is it? She wants a generation of delicate, wilting, dead/dying flowers. 

A lemon tree can grow 20', but her potted tree will never get that tall in her house. She will keep it indoors where she can keep it as stunted as she's kept her soul.

You hit on all the points that I intended to, and said it so well. Nothing to add except to say, "Well said."

2 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

And I just see now the owner of that blog (biblicalgenderroles) tells Trey he makes really good points!! Sounded just like Lori in his response. 

Sorry for the semi-off topic links today, but this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4364368/Mormon-mommy-blogger-turned-alt-right-poster-girl.html

This name seems familiar. Has purposefulwife commented at Lori's?  Looks like she got herself to go viral and must be basking in the attention. 

We used to talk about her on the Boyer sisters thread. I started a new topic earlier this week 

From today's treatise, concerning modesty:

The true idea here is, that her attention to her appearance should be such that she will be offensive to no class of persons

Lori's picture shows her in a skirt that's above the knee. That would be immodest, defrauding, and offensive to many fundies, not to mention millions of Muslims and conservative Jews.

Of course, to someone like Lori, it doesn't matter what non-Christians think.

She quotes:

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with modesty and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array” (1 Timothy 2:9).

She chooses to be legalistic and literal about so many things, but ignores that "modesty" in those days meant, among other things, not showing your knees.

Shame! Shame! Shame!

Oh, Lori....

Our culture is obsessed with clothes. Our closets are packed full with them. Styles change often so we mistakenly believe we must too. 

Followed very quickly by: 

Now, onto dressing modestly for the warmer months! I found this skirt I’m wearing in the picture at Zappos.

So basically, she says, "Don't buy new clothes all the time.  Also, look at my new skirt! You can buy one here!"

Does she even read this stuff over before she posts it?

GET YOUR OWN HOUSE IN ORDER LORI

Look, I don't give a shit what her daughter wears and I am certainly not going to shame Alyssa for anything. But damn. She is the exact opposite of what Lori preaches on modesty. OPPOSITE.

1 hour ago, jerkit said:

GET YOUR OWN HOUSE IN ORDER LORI

Look, I don't give a shit what her daughter wears and I am certainly not going to shame Alyssa for anything. But damn. She is the exact opposite of what Lori preaches on modesty. OPPOSITE.

...which means Lori did a lousy job of instilling her values into her kids. 

I have always believed we cannot control what our adult kids do; HOWEVER, when you are a "published author" who brags about her perfect child-rearing skills, you better be darn sure your children share your values.  Lori tells us that everything she did as a mother led her four kids to "walk in truth," yet her daughters and daughters-in-law sure do not appear to embrace modesty like she insists everyone else should. 

Further, Ken's description of "Christian Risqué" makes me want to vomit. It is just his way of excusing clothing for his daughtes that he would call slutty on anybody else. 

Finally, I think Lori's skirt is too short and I don't believe for a second that she got it on sale. Most of her readers cannot pay that much for a skirt. For that matter, a basic denim skirt like that can be found in almost any moderately priced department store and even in second hand shops. I bet I could find it at Walmart this afternoon. I consider the skirt a shopping fail!  

ETA: I wonder how many times a conservative husband and father has seen Alyssa posing on the beach and frantically gathered his family up to leave; hissing "We have to go! The view has changed!"  

Does anybody else think this is REALLY weird. I don't know of any conservative middle aged man who would tell his wife to "go shorter" with her skirts and dresses. Why does he even care??  Longer, flowy skirts can be quite beautiful and feminine. A knee length one with pleats along the waistband  would look nice on someone with Lori's build.  Her denim one looks like the kind my "dresses only" high school friends used to wear in order to be as stylish as their beliefs allowed. 

I think Ken's above-the-knee rule is just one more way for him to be a little sleazy while still being able to say "Look at my feminine wife in her modest skirt."

IMG_5794.PNG

22 hours ago, Koala said:

She is something else!  So glad someone finally called her on the fact that she's a giant gossip who uses to readers to make herself appear more godly.

@cara Are you still seeing those comments, or has she already deleted them?  

They disappeared within minutes of me capturing them 

Mr. 05 likes above the knee or shorter skirts on me. Because he's a leg man and I have nice legs. I indulge him sometimes and also own longer stuff.

15 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Mr. 05 likes above the knee or shorter skirts on me. Because he's a leg man and I have nice legs. I indulge him sometimes and also own longer stuff.

But I bet you guys don't have a blog on which you shame your friends and their daughters for being immodest. I only think it is odd for Ken because they make such a show of "godly" dress but then Lori does not follow her own rules  

I wear the type of clothes that has prompted lots of compliments from my husband. He likes me in blouses so I keep a few in my wardrobe. He likes my short hair (which I prefer too) so I keep that in mind when considering whether to grow it out. 

I did not mean to step on any toes and apologize for doing so. I hope my point is comping across.  Some days that works out well and others it doesn't. :content:

But I bet you guys don't have a blog on which you shame your friends and their daughters for being immodest. I only think it is odd for Ken because they make such a show of "godly" dress but then Lori does not follow her own rules  

I wear the type of clothes that has prompted lots of compliments from my husband. He likes me in blouses so I keep a few in my wardrobe. He likes my short hair (which I prefer too) so I keep that in mind when considering whether to grow it out. 

I did not mean to step on any toes and apologize for doing so. I hope my point is comping across.  Some days that works out well and others it doesn't. content.png

Not offended. I would also add Mr 05 doesn't make rules for how I dress. That would not happen. He would be told off promptly.

Wow, look at that price on that skirt!!  Such frugality. Don't you love the nice iphone show-off too?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived