IGNORED

Lori Alexander 17: Pooping on Someone Else's Lawn

49 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori is on today about how college was useless to her, she learned nothing! So therefore since it was useless to her it must be useless to everyone else. 

I agree with her about something -- college was utterly useless for Lori. She didn't learn a damned thing while she was there. It was a huge waste of money for her parents. 

But that doesn't mean it's useless for everyone. Lori -- NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE YOU!!!!! (and thank God for that!)

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except for her 'teachings' on how beating your children is a good thing, I think her views on women and college burn me up the most. :angry-banghead:  I don't think college is absolutely necessary for everyone, of course; I never finished myself and don't really feel the lack too much.  But why shouldn't a woman get a college education if she wants one even if she's sure she's going to be a stay at home mom and homemaker all her life? Why does Lori think it's such a waste to be a well-rounded, educated person (again--not saying a college degree is necessary for that!)? I've always believed that even if you go straight from college to marriage and motherhood, without working awhile first, what you learn in college--in and out of the classroom-- will enlarge your world view and enrich your life in so many intangible ways. 

And while yes, it IS expensive, it doesn't have to cripple you financially for the rest of your life. My daughter went to a pretty expensive private Catholic college (her first and only choice). Between grants, scholarships, work-study, and some parental help, she whittled the cost down to where her actual student loans were reasonable, and her monthly payments on those loans now are no more than a small-ish car payment would be (she even paid one loan off within a year after graduation). She isn't working in her field of study, but she has a job that pays very well, and she has priceless memories of college life along with friendships made there that will last a lifetime. I wouldn't have deprived her of that for anything. And it kills me that so many women are planning to deprive their daughters because LORI said so.:angry-cussingblack:

11 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Except for her 'teachings' on how beating your children is a good thing, I think her views on women and college burn me up the most. :angry-banghead:  I don't think college is absolutely necessary for everyone, of course; I never finished myself and don't really feel the lack too much.  But why shouldn't a woman get a college education if she wants one even if she's sure she's going to be a stay at home mom and homemaker all her life? Why does Lori think it's such a waste to be a well-rounded, educated person (again--not saying a college degree is necessary for that!)? I've always believed that even if you go straight from college to marriage and motherhood, without working awhile first, what you learn in college--in and out of the classroom-- will enlarge your world view and enrich your life in so many intangible ways. 

And while yes, it IS expensive, it doesn't have to cripple you financially for the rest of your life. My daughter went to a pretty expensive private Catholic college (her first and only choice). Between grants, scholarships, work-study, and some parental help, she whittled the cost down to where her actual student loans were reasonable, and her monthly payments on those loans now are no more than a small-ish car payment would be (she even paid one loan off within a year after graduation). She isn't working in her field of study, but she has a job that pays very well, and she has priceless memories of college life along with friendships made there that will last a lifetime. I wouldn't have deprived her of that for anything. And it kills me that so many women are planning to deprive their daughters because LORI said so.:angry-cussingblack:

It isn't just the friendships and memories either. We have a population that is increasingly scientifically illiterate, prone to believing conspiracy theories, doesn't understand the difference between correlation and causation, lacks basic understanding of our own government and public policy, and more. A good liberal arts education is preventative medicine for all of that. 

And I bet your daughter's good paying job would be out of her reach without a degree of some kind, even if her degree is not in that field. 

From Lori today on useless college:  "To tell you the truth, I can’t remember anything that I learned in college. I didn’t like any of my classes. I can’t remember any of my professors."

Seriously? Seriously??!! Can't remember a damn thing?!  Did her brain tumor cause memory loss or is Lori just stupid?

More likely she just didn't care, actively tried not to learn anything and was only there for her MRS degree (and because Daddy made her).  She met Ken senior year and got married within a few months so it seems she was working on that MRS.  Ken foiled her plan to be lazy and stay home though by having her work as a teacher.  But of course we all know the.story of how she tricked him by sabotaging her bc,

I wonder if that is when the relationship started down hill and whether Lori's *years* of illness and "gut issues" were to keep him tied to her?  After all a godly man doesn't divorce a sick wife.

We do know that after 23 years (children grown) he was seriously thinking about it. And then Lori suddenly had a revelation to be submissive and give him "10 minutes and some lube" every day. Perhaps another ploy to keep him around?

Lori says it took her 5.5 years to finish college and get her teaching certification.  Really?  5.5 years? She must not have been working full time on it.

I went to college full time (no summer school), double majored, took all my teaching certification courses, did my 1 quarter  (10 weeks)  student teaching practicum the winter of senior year and graduated on time in exactly 4 years.  I was not super student.  Everyone I knew prepping to be a teacher did the same thing, and we all graduated in 4 years with no summer school. 

I also remember what I learned, liked my classes, and remember my professors. College opened my world and made me a better person, wife, and employee.  But hey ........ what do I know ...  I'm not a godly mentor reveling in my self imposed ignorance.

Edited to add -- no shade on anyone who took more than 4 years to finish college. I knew lots of people who worked their way through and went part time, or stopped and then came back   But Lori supposedly went full time, straight thorough and didn't work at all because Daddy paid for everything (hence no debt). 

On March 26, 2017 at 0:25 PM, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Thanks heaven she thought better of not becoming a nurse, she would have made a bad one. The ignorance and lack of logical and critical thinking skills is astounding. 

She wouldn't have made it through my nursing school that is for sure.  I started classes with a couple of women who had the same attitude and they failed out vey fast.  

What really bothers me:  California is not forcing nurses to take all these vaccines.  Some facilities and schools require it, but that is not the state.  The stupidity of people is astounding but I shouldn't be surprised.

5 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

From Lori today on useless college:  "To tell you the truth, I can’t remember anything that I learned in college. I didn’t like any of my classes. I can’t remember any of my professors."

Seriously? Seriously??!! Can't remember a damn thing?!  Did her brain tumor cause memory loss or is Lori just stupid?

More likely she just didn't care, actively tried not to learn anything and was only there for her MRS degree (and because Daddy made her).  She met Ken senior year and got married within a few months so it seems she was working on that MRS.  Ken foiled her plan to be lazy and stay home though by having her work as a teacher.  But of course we all know the.story of how she tricked him by sabotaging her bc,

I wonder if that is when the relationship started down hill and whether Lori's *years* of illness and "gut issues" were to keep him tied to her?  After all a godly man doesn't divorce a sick wife.

We do know that after 23 years (children grown) he was seriously thinking about it. And then Lori suddenly had a revelation to be submissive and give him "10 minutes and some lube" every day. Perhaps another ploy to keep him around?

Lori says it took her 5.5 years to finish college and get her teaching certification.  Really?  5.5 years? She must not have been working full time on it.

I went to college full time (no summer school), double majored, took all my teaching certification courses, did my 1 quarter  (10 weeks)  student teaching practicum the winter of senior year and graduated on time in exactly 4 years.  I was not super student.  Everyone I knew prepping to be a teacher did the same thing, and we all graduated in 4 years with no summer school. 

I also remember what I learned, liked my classes, and remember my professors. College opened my world and made me a better person, wife, and employee.  But hey ........ what do I know ...  I'm not a godly mentor reveling in my self imposed ignorance.

I took 4.5 years to get a teaching degree with certification, including summer school. It depends on your certification area and the requirements. I had to take 52 hours of subject area courses for a teaching major with certification in English language arts, plus core requirements, plus 30 hours in education course work. I also got a certification to teach history which required another 33 hours. My student teaching was 22 weeks because of having two subject areas. My roommate got dual certification for general elementary classroom and K-12 music and also had to do 22 weeks of student teaching. She also went 4.5 years with some summer school.

The only teaching majors I knew who finished in 4 years with no summer school were those with only an elementary classroom endorsement. And all certifications had to student teach for a minimum of 18 weeks. 

Only Lori could boast so proudly of her ignorance.

Looking back, can I think of any way that my college education helped me be a better wife or mother; my most important roles in life? No.

What about when she homeschooled her children?  If she had actually taken time to listen to what she was taught, she could have spent time teaching her children, instead of just sending them to their rooms so she could rest.

To tell you the truth, I can’t remember anything that I learned in college. I didn’t like any of my classes.

What an unappreciative, snotty attitude.  

All Lori ever wanted to do is get married, hire a nanny to take care of her kids, a maid to clean her house, and watch the money roll in.  It must have really pissed her off when her Dad insisted she get an education and be prepared to support herself.  I can practically see her stomping her foot, putting her nose in the air, and declaring that she didn't like any of her classes and she didn't plan to learn anything.  And it worked!  If anything, she grew more ignorant.  The result is the spoiled woman you see today.  She has a piss poor understanding of how the world works, she has no compassion for anyone, and she derives all of her happiness from looking down her nose at others.  What's not to love? :roll:

Am I a smarter mother because I went to college? I don’t think so.

Well I can certainly agree with her here.

A  harder working person would have applied themselves and made the best of it, though.  They would have been determined to make the most of the GIFT of an education, and came away with a lot more knowledge than they went in with.  They wouldn't have squandered their parents' money by spending their time scheming to find a man to support them.  

This is Lori though....

6 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I took 4.5 years to get a teaching degree with certification, including summer school. It depends on your certification area and the requirements. I had to take 52 hours of subject area courses for a teaching major with certification in English language arts, plus core requirements, plus 30 hours in education course work. I also got a certification to teach history which required another 33 hours. My student teaching was 22 weeks because of having two subject areas. My roommate got dual certification for general elementary classroom and K-12 music and also had to do 22 weeks of student teaching. She also went 4.5 years with some summer school.

The only teaching majors I knew who finished in 4 years with no summer school were those with only an elementary classroom endorsement. And all certifications had to student teach for a minimum of 18 weeks. 

At my University it wasn't possible to finish your schooling in 4 years if you were an education major. I was an elementary/early childhood major and it would have taken 5 years going full time 17-19 hours a semester and summer classes. But my school was intense on the classes and the number of observations in the classrooms outside of it as well. Sometimes up to 90 hours in a semester in school classrooms. Then you have a semester of student teaching. Other schools didn't have the same intense requirements and some could graduate in 4 years. 

But I imagine for Lori this was not the case and since she remembers nothing I just think she didn't care and probably didn't do as well as she ought to have. I would not be surprised if she didn't always go full time. She feels very entitled and is super lazy. She never wanted to work, she believed it was someone else's duty to care for her always. I believe she was a very spoiled child who always got her way and was never told no. The world revolved around her since she was a child and she was never able to realize it isn't all about her and she's nobody. Everyone caters to her and she must get what she wants always or she'll make them do it one way or another. Hence her passive-aggressive behavior, her manipulation, her "counseling", her getting maids and nannies and sending her children to school and even homeschooling them a couple years, beating them into submission, sabotaging her birth control. She has openly admitted that she gets her way, that she's a taker not a giver, she is controlling, and she gets what she wants. The clear cognitive dissonance is that most people are not her or anything like her. Most of us are fully aware we can't always have our way and most of us, male and female, actually care about other people. Most of us like our children and our spouses. Many fathers actually want to be with their children. Many parents don't beat their children happily. If they spank, they don't speak of it so fondly. Most parents don't discipline their children and recall it with smiles, happy to punish them. Doesn't matter the punishment, it's not a fun thing to do for most parents. What's weird is happily rejoicing in disciplining children. It's weird to be passive-aggressive to your friends and family. It's weird to not care about anyone but yourself. It's weird to sabotage your bc for any reason and even more so to recall it so openly as if it's funny. No, Lori, it is YOU and Ken who aren't the norm. And boy am I thankful for that. 

8 hours ago, Showtunesgirl said:

I know I'm from the city and not the suburbs, but some of that chore chart just looks inappropriate. Should a 5-year-old really be in charge of cleaning bathroom sinks/counters or a 9-year-old really be cleaning toilets, mowing grass, or walking a pet alone?! Have your kindergartener wipe down the sink after brushing their teeth to make sure water isn't everywhere, sure, but I feel like the 9-year-old especially shouldn't be working with dangerous machinery unsupervised or wandering the streets by him/herself. Is it just me?

I wouldn't let a child under 16 use a lawn-mower. I shudder when I see small children on ride-on mowers. The potential for danger is just too high a risk IMHO.

Using a toilet brush or wiping a sink fine for younger children but cleaning with chemical..again 16 or so. All 3 do their own laundry and have done for the past 4 years. They were then 8,11 and 14 but the machine is left set up for them and all they need to do is add the detergent. They also have to keep their rooms neat, empty and fill the dishwasher and help hoover the carpets, sweep the floor. Some food prep filly2 is keen on helping with that but it's not enforced at the moment. I'll give both her and colt lessons in cooking before they start college.

should filly1(19) be at home over the summer, I'm going to get her to help mow the lawn . filly2(15)...maybe.

Lori is quite proud of herself for not playing with her children. The tone in which she says it comes across as bragging, the very thing she accuses others of. Bragging about not playing with her children. It comes across as I am better than you because I have holy insight to work and make my kids work with me. There is no time for silly things such as a play. 

A friend of mine took 5 years to finish college...she's a teacher but she specialized in high school science. She finished school with a pretty good GPA while being a single mom. Me? Yeah...2 year degree. I remember all my instructors, especially the one who taught Materials and Processes of industry...he was a retired metallurgist from NASA. He taught the class without having to refer to the textbook once. My engineering instructors were all either retired NASA engineers or were still at NASA and teaching adjunct. They were all amazing people. My drafting/design instructors were great and one (the head of the department) always had the wildest stories to tell...the one about his wife and the Corvette was especially epic. 

Just about everyone I know who went to college remembers at least SOME of their profs/instructors. Lori is just a sour grapes dipshit. 

2 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

At my University it wasn't possible to finish your schooling in 4 years if you were an education major. I was an elementary/early childhood major and it would have taken 5 years going full time 17-19 hours a semester and summer classes. But my school was intense on the classes and the number of observations in the classrooms outside of it as well. Sometimes up to 90 hours in a semester in school classrooms. Then you have a semester of student teaching. Other schools didn't have the same intense requirements and some could graduate in 4 years. 

But I imagine for Lori this was not the case and since she remembers nothing I just think she didn't care and probably didn't do as well as she ought to have. I would not be surprised if she didn't always go full time. She feels very entitled and is super lazy. She never wanted to work, she believed it was someone else's duty to care for her always. I believe she was a very spoiled child who always got her way and was never told no. The world revolved around her since she was a child and she was never able to realize it isn't all about her and she's nobody. Everyone caters to her and she must get what she wants always or she'll make them do it one way or another. Hence her passive-aggressive behavior, her manipulation, her "counseling", her getting maids and nannies and sending her children to school and even homeschooling them a couple years, beating them into submission, sabotaging her birth control. She has openly admitted that she gets her way, that she's a taker not a giver, she is controlling, and she gets what she wants. The clear cognitive dissonance is that most people are not her or anything like her. Most of us are fully aware we can't always have our way and most of us, male and female, actually care about other people. Most of us like our children and our spouses. Many fathers actually want to be with their children. Many parents don't beat their children happily. If they spank, they don't speak of it so fondly. Most parents don't discipline their children and recall it with smiles, happy to punish them. Doesn't matter the punishment, it's not a fun thing to do for most parents. What's weird is happily rejoicing in disciplining children. It's weird to be passive-aggressive to your friends and family. It's weird to not care about anyone but yourself. It's weird to sabotage your bc for any reason and even more so to recall it so openly as if it's funny. No, Lori, it is YOU and Ken who aren't the norm. And boy am I thankful for that. 

Our college was following state certification requirements. Those meant that basically only general classroom elementary people could feasibly finish in four years without at least doing some credits in summer. A full semester of student teaching meant that all credits prior to that would have had to be done in 3.5 years which was impossible for any secondary education major who either had to have one field endorsement which averages 52 hours or two subject endorsements which would add up to 66 hours. I took between 16-18 hours every semester and did 9 hours of summer school one year just to finish in 4.5 and I knew plenty of people who took a full 5 years including a summer or two. 

The state has not made significant changes in the last 20+ years other than adding more coursework to the general education requirements. When I see student teachers, most are wrapping up 4.5 to 5 years of college with full time loads and no breaks. 

55 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I wouldn't let a child under 16 use a lawn-mower. I shudder when I see small children on ride-on mowers. The potential for danger is just too high a risk IMHO.

Using a toilet brush or wiping a sink fine for younger children but cleaning with chemical..again 16 or so. All 3 do their own laundry and have done for the past 4 years. They were then 8,11 and 14 but the machine is left set up for them and all they need to do is add the detergent. They also have to keep their rooms neat, empty and fill the dishwasher and help hoover the carpets, sweep the floor. Some food prep filly2 is keen on helping with that but it's not enforced at the moment. I'll give both her and colt lessons in cooking before they start college.

should filly1(19) be at home over the summer, I'm going to get her to help mow the lawn . filly2(15)...maybe.

Nothing to do with Lori... but I love your nicknames for your kids!

Most of us who went to college have stories to tell about professors, classmates, roommates, anyone on campus. We have favorite profs, least favorite ones, crazy, strange roommate stories, you name it. We meet people who are different from us, discuss things we never had before, learn from profs & each other.

it can be a great time. I really came out of my shell in college. I went in a scared little girl (virgin) who went to church most of the time out of fear of God & my mom. I met people from all over the world, including my Korean roommate. I honestly would not be the same person today if I did not go to college.

of course it was affordable when I went so no student loans needed for a good state university, between scholarships, summer job earnings & parents help. Think $5,000 for a year.

Lol to Lori-

March 28, 2017 at 7:08 am

No, because they are the providers for their families. If they want to be a doctor or some other profession that will make enough money to pay back the loans, then college is a good option for them, preferably Christian ones at least for their BA. There should be trade schools for all of the rest or hands-on experience since the majority of students who graduate from the universities don’t use their degree. Also, the universities are anti-God and teach secular humanist philosophies which are destroying our culture. I don’t believe Christians should be supporting these, if at all possible.

Yeah, except that all her children either went to college or got some form of higher education. Her one son is a dentist, but her other son and youngest daughter are not doctors. Her older son works for Ken. Her eldest daughter went away to a professional dance school. She either truly thinks others forget her stuff and she can just gaslight them or she truly doesn't remember what she has said in the past. 

Reader:

I would say that it’s way more important to spend time with your children than it is to have a clean home.

Lori:

Yes, Anna, this is what you hear from our culture but not from the Lord. 

I think what she really meant was:

Yes, Anna, this is what you hear from our culture but not from the Lord ME.

During my college years (a state university), we were on the quarter system -- 10 week sessions.  Full time was 15 credit hours per quarter, which was usually 5 3-hour classes or some permutation of classes and labs ( labs counted as 1 credit hour).  My majors (English and History) required 189 credit hours total (all classes taken) in order to graduate. English alone required 45 hours minimum of upper level English courses beyond the 9 hours of Freshman English.  Most students, no matter the major, also had to have a minor -- a minimum of 30 credit hours.

If you decided to get a teaching certification you took 21 classroom hours of education courses and had a quarter of student teaching (9 credit hours).  Most of us who did that counted Education as our minor.  You could not student teach until  your senior year and you were required to have completed and passed all the classroom courses. Everything I did was in order to be state certificated to teach secondary level English.

Students who were specifically studying to be early childhood/elem. teachers took their major classes in the Dept of Ed. They had very similar graduation credit requirements, The difference being that their minors had to be in something other than Education. They also did a 10-week student teaching gig.

All of this was in line with the state requirements at the time.  I had lots of girlfriends who were pursuing a teaching career (hey that's what girls were pushed toward then). I can't remember any of us taking more than 4 years to finish our degrees. The university model for a full time BA/ BS student was geared to finishing in 4 years (no summer school) -- except for Architecture which was a 5-year program for a BA. 

However, college has been a while ago and I'm sure things have changed.

2 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

It depends on the type of mower. I'd be okay with my older kids using a classic reel push mower  if we had one. But our yard is fairly large, and it would be exhausting to mow it with one of those, lol. Although, that's definitely one way for them to get some exercise over the summer months.

But no way would I want them using any kind of powered mower, push or ride-on, not at their ages (11, 12 and 14).

I graduated from a similar college to Lori's in the same state (rival schools) but I finished almost ten years ago. At my university, undergrad degree in education plus teaching credential takes about 5.5 years (no summer school, regular coursework). Master's degree is an extra semester or two on top of that.

A reader mentioned that an education is a nice back up plan.

Lori replied:

We don’t need a plan B with the Lord.

I am assuming the Alexanders don't have insurance, savings, retirement, etc.  After all, God owns everything!  No need for a back up plan, when you can just get a heavenly direct deposit.

Except, of course they have those things, because Lori loves ALL of the expensive things.  :roll:

She also says:

Many people ave gotten out of poverty without college. All it takes is self-control and the discipline to work hard.

Nope.  There are a lot of hard workers who still struggle to pay even the most basic of bills.  

Lori's privilege is showing....again.

The mere fact she graduated college without taking away anything positive or liking even one class speaks more about Lori than how useless college is. It makes her sound so stupid.

18 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

The mere fact she graduated college without taking away anything positive or liking even one class speaks more about Lori than how useless college is. It makes her sound so stupid.

It really does.  And snotty.  If she wasn't so unlikable, I think I'd be embarrassed for her.  

Like I said earlier, she's the only person I've ever known who tries to make ignorance sound like an attribute.  She's didn't learn a thing, and she's so damn proud of herself!

3 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Lol to Lori-

Yeah, except that all her children either went to college or got some form of higher education. Her one son is a dentist, but her other son and youngest daughter are not doctors. Her older son works for Ken. Her eldest daughter went away to a professional dance school. She either truly thinks others forget her stuff and she can just gaslight them or she truly doesn't remember what she has said in the past. 

Yeah, she's stupid as fuck. I do wonder how much her son owes for dental and orthodontic school and also his undergrad expenses which were at Biola.  She has pushed Christian colleges in the past and of course, she doesn't care or realize that many of those colleges are quite expensive for many of her readers' children or future children. I recall on her other blog, she said that Cassi left Biola because Ken didn't want to pay for it and she then transferred to a state college or community college.

You'd think that a lady whose blog used to be named "Always Learning" wouldn't have such a negative view of education.

Or one who went to school specifically to be a teacher can't find any way to translate her 5.5 years of college into a positive homeschooling experience for her children.

I've learned a lot in my numerous college years that have helped me to be a better wife and mother. Persistence, critical thinking, communication skills, accounting, Excel, leadership, interdisciplinary studies...

What I don't understand is how or why Lori finished her teaching credential if what she "learned in college didn't really interest" her at all.  Biola, and every other university out there, offers more than just one major or degree. If she didn't find anything interesting in the whole wide realm of education, then 1) why advocate that all women should homeschool their kids and 2) why didn't she just change her major? Or just not get a teaching credential. If she doesn't think that women should go to colllege but should homeschool their kids, what kind of foundation education will those college-bound sons have? 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived