IGNORED

Chad and Erin Paine: Goats and Other Things that Spit

choralcrusader8613

On 3/18/2017 at 9:15 PM, Fascinated said:

I am unable to catch up properly on every single thread (although I'm trying), so, in a small timid voice I ask, why do we think Erin might be pregnant?  Is there basis for this conjecture or is it just because it's been a few months?  

Apparently because there is a photo of her (looking very slender) standing behind Chad who is sitting on a swing.  This must mean that she is hiding a baby bulge.

I have nothing else.    And welcome back!

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Apparently because there is a photo of her (looking very slender) standing behind Chad who is sitting on a swing.  This must mean that she is hiding a baby bulge.

I have nothing else.    And welcome back!

Thanks, @Palimpsest.  I rely on you to keep it real.  I quite suspected as much, obviously. Fundie women need to understand that they should NEVER obstruct the view of their abdomens, unless, of course, they enjoy the rampant speculation.  :grin:

4 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Thanks, @Palimpsest.  I rely on you to keep it real.  I quite suspected as much, obviously. Fundie women need to understand that they should NEVER obstruct the view of their abdomens, unless, of course, they enjoy the rampant speculation.  :grin:

Especially when it's around time for another announcement. ;) (Though, she should be content with two and not announcing at all)

I'm sorry maybe I judged Erin too harshly the other night. Im going through a lot right now and sometimes it comes out in anger. People should just never take anything for granted not life or kids or anything like that. Because just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it's easy for the next person!

On 3/18/2017 at 7:50 PM, Fighter said:

And not every woman can just get pregnant, some women's dreams are just crushed without them realizing it!

...what? It's not Chad and Erin's job to abstain from having children because some people struggle to get pregnant.

4 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

...what? It's not Chad and Erin's job to abstain from having children because some people struggle to get pregnant.

Oh of course not,  like I posted later on I apologize and said that I had judged her too harshly and I shouldn't have said that!

1 hour ago, jacduggar said:

They should abstain from getting pregnant because of Erin's clotting disorder that makes them high risk pregnancies. 

That will never happen. Erin has her cocktail of drugs now.

53 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I've got to agree with you there.

The miscarriages before Carson, and then the difficult pregnancy and delivery of Carson should have made them extremely cautious. Instead, they very quickly had a second child (accident or planned I won't debate) and most unfortunate of all, had a comparatively easier pregnancy and delivery thanks to the miracle of medicine, that probably made them go "Oh now doctors can help things will be fine and we can have a big family really quickly!".

I mean that and getting a puppy while days away from having another high risk delivery, and a (barely) toddler in tow, shows a massive lack of judgement personally.

She should look up Jen Fulwiler. She has a similar clotting disorder, and last pregnancy she wound up in the hospital with multiple blood clots in both lungs. To be fair, she actually admitted that she would miss doses of her medication sometimes. I think she thought that was cute, like it was cute that she was so bad at NFP when a pregnancy could literally kill her and leave her six children motherless. 

Going to cut this rant short because I'll go on for days, but yeah, that stuff is nothing to mess around with. Also, I'm not sure about Erin's situation, but I know the shots Jen Fulwiler had to give herself throughout each pregnancy were prohibitively expensive.

Erin has two beautiful children and seems happy with her life. Being pro choice means I support her right to choose to continue having children if that is what she decides, but I can still hope that she makes a different decision.

4 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Completely agreed. Of course, it's not my place to decide whether they do or don't have children. That being said, I think that they should look at the risks. I guess only time will tell.

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

She should look up Jen Fulwiler. She has a similar clotting disorder, and last pregnancy she wound up in the hospital with multiple blood clots in both lungs. To be fair, she actually admitted that she would miss doses of her medication sometimes. I think she thought that was cute, like it was cute that she was so bad at NFP when a pregnancy could literally kill her and leave her six children motherless. 

Going to cut this rant short because I'll go on for days, but yeah, that stuff is nothing to mess around with. Also, I'm not sure about Erin's situation, but I know the shots Jen Fulwiler had to give herself throughout each pregnancy were prohibitively expensive.

Erin has two beautiful children and seems happy with her life. Being pro choice means I support her right to choose to continue having children if that is what she decides, but I can still hope that she makes a different decision.

Agree completely with this statement. It is her choice whether she wants to keep doing this to herself.  I just don't think these people in their cult-like existence ever believe that tragedy could ever happen to them.  The Bates house catches on fire because their youngest two set it on fire and Lawson manages to shut the door to prevent further disaster, they're all like "Okay, great. Moving on." Duggars almost lose Michelle to BP issues and pre-eclampsia and somehow Josie survives being a micropremie and it's all 'god's will, look its evidence we're right.'  I think that they are so completely superior in their minds because of their absolute faith that we are wrong and they are right that they never stop to consider 'hey, this could kill me and take me from my two healthy children.'  I honestly am not sure what either family would do if they really got struck with reality.  Somehow the Duggars came out relatively unscathed after it came out that they'd covered up Josh's molesting his sisters! Erin isn't worrying about anything at all. 

15 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

They should abstain from getting pregnant because of Erin's clotting disorder that makes them high risk pregnancies. 

I don't disagree. She doesn't have to tailor her family planning to someone else's ability to conceive, regardless of her clotting disorder. The two have nothing to do with each other. 

3 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

I don't disagree. She doesn't have to tailor her family planning to someone else's ability to conceive, regardless of her clotting disorder. The two have nothing to do with each other. 

The original poster apologized for that statement. She should tailor her family planning to her clotting disorder and how many kids they can afford to feed though. 

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

The original poster apologized for that statement. She should tailor her family planning to her clotting disorder and how many kids they can afford to feed though. 

I still disagree with her sentiment "because it's not so easy for other people", but I'm not going to jump all over her. I'm not going to argue that she *should* have more kids, but she should not refrain from it because if anyone other than herself, her husband, and her kids. 

Haven't you ever used the wrong words to describe the way you felt? That's exactly what I did in my previous statement. I did not mean that Erin should not have any more children because other women struggle to get pregnant!  If Erin  can have an additional healthy pregnancy with another child while still caring for the children she has than I hope she has as many as her heart desires! I just hope that she and the rest of her family are happy and healthy.  Do you understand? Let's move on now!

4 hours ago, Fighter said:

Haven't you ever used the wrong words to describe the way you felt? That's exactly what I did in my previous statement. I did not mean that Erin should not have any more children because other women struggle to get pregnant!  If Erin  can have an additional healthy pregnancy with another child while still caring for the children she has than I hope she has as many as her heart desires! I just hope that she and the rest of her family are happy and healthy.  Do you understand? Let's move on now!

Story of my life since getting pregnant and having a baby. I swear my words are twice as jumbled now than they used to be. The struggle is real. :pb_lol:

I swear I didn't even recognize Erin. She looks so different! She was always pretty but her hair looks really nice in that pic.

The name of the clotting disorder is antiphospholpid syndrome. It is sometimes called PAI. To be honest, it is not that big of a deal. My husband and all of his sisters have it and only 1 sister had a hard time getting pregnant and 5 miscarriages. She took her shots like Erin with her 2nd and got pregnant by not trying not preventing 9 months postpartum. After further research on adverse side effects of the injection, she decided to just take a really good fish oil and DHA and that was her easiest pregnancy. As long as your pregnancy is monitored by a Dr, death of a mother is pretty rare, it's the unborn that carries the highest risk. 

That being said I don't think it is healthy for ANY woman to get pregnant 6 months post baby for 20 years.......

I feel like Erin looks the happiest she ever has. I just hope it isn't pregnancy glow. 

I also feel like Tori looks so incredibly happy with Bobby, moreso than any fundie that I've seen with a partner.

Listen, I hate their beliefs and I so badly wish they had different upbringings that would enable them to do more than birth babies (also, random tangent, but on UpTV's FB banner, it is just totally unfair that people like Gil and Kelly Bates would share space with Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel). 

But from someone who did not have that happy family loving atmosphere growing up and has fought depression for a while, I have to admit I got a bit jealous seeing all the happiness they were exuding this episode. But having said that, I would never trade places with them in a million years or think it is remotely good they are blissfully ignorant. Does that make sense? Does that make me horrible? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived