IGNORED

Chad and Erin Paine: Goats and Other Things that Spit

choralcrusader8613

There are numerous diseases which can have a devistating impact on young children (particularly if they aren't old enough to vaccinate yet) as well. 

I hope Brooklyn is okay. So sad to see any small child suffer through this.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor little baby! We're going through a bit of a medical scare with Velocibaby right now too - nowhere near as suddenly as Brooklyn seems to have gotten sick, but it's still very scary and I get how worried they must be right now. 

I love snarking on them, but I'm honestly going to say a little prayer for them all. Especially Brooklyn. She and Erin look exhausted. :( 

I wonder if maybe she got a hair wrapped around her finger they didn't notice? My bestie's 3rd son had a hair wrapped up around his toe and got a wicked infection. 

I hope she's okay. 

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Poor little baby! We're going through a bit of a medical scare with Velocibaby right now too - nowhere near as suddenly as Brooklyn seems to have gotten sick, but it's still very scary and I get how worried they must be right now. 

I love snarking on them, but I'm honestly going to say a little prayer for them all. Especially Brooklyn. She and Erin look exhausted.  

I'm keep you all in my thoughts , having a sick baby is mentally exhausting.  It's not easy seeing our babies sick especially when we cant make it all better and take the pain away.

1 hour ago, frugalitymom said:

I'm keep you all in my thoughts , having a sick baby is mentally exhausting.  It's not easy seeing our babies sick especially when we cant make it all better and take the pain away.

Thank you. We're hopeful her brain ultrasound this week comes back completely normal and that her macrocephaly (fancy term for ridiculously big head) is just due to genetics rather than something really serious. It's scary not knowing though. I hope Doctors figure out what's wrong with little Brooklyn soon, poor little baby.

3 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I wonder if maybe she got a hair wrapped around her finger they didn't notice? My bestie's 3rd son had a hair wrapped up around his toe and got a wicked infection. 

I hope she's okay. 

I didn't know about this until I saw a news story about a baby who got a hair wrapped around her toe and had to be amputated. Now it haunts my dreams; it can happen so subtly. :my_confused:

What can cause something like this? Sending my best thoughts to them and their girl. One thing to critique their lifestyle, quite another to wish anyone ill. Here's to Brooklyn having the best possible care and a fast recovery .

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Thank you. We're hopeful her brain ultrasound this week comes back completely normal and that her macrocephaly (fancy term for ridiculously big head) is just due to genetics rather than something really serious. It's scary not knowing though. I hope Doctors figure out what's wrong with little Brooklyn soon, poor little baby.

Awww that is scary! My bff had a baby last year and her head circumference was always measuring large. They did a scan and all was well. I hope you get good news super fast! :tw_heart:

4 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I didn't know about this until I saw a news story about a baby who got a hair wrapped around her toe and had to be amputated. Now it haunts my dreams; it can happen so subtly. :my_confused:

This was my first thought as well!

Poor baby and poor mommy! It is so hard when your child is sick. 

I am not sure of the causes of a limb swelling unexpectedly. I thought of an insect bite or a hair wrapped around a finger. It sounds like there was an infection of some type. Hopefully they know the cause and she'll recover quickly.

When my oldest was about 2 years old she put a small rubber band around her wrist,. She didn't have very thick hair so I used the small rubber ones for ponytails. They would stay in all day and she couldn't get them out since they pulled on her hair when pulled (i used to cut them out so they didn't pull) so I didn't worry about her choking. She never seemed to mind about the little ponytails, they weren't in super tight and I don't think she even noticed them though they did keep her hair out of her eyes. 

I used to wear the bigger hair elastics on my wrist when I didn't have one in my hair. I had 2 kids about 18 months apart and long curly hair that got in the way so if my hair was down it didn't stay that way for long usually. Anyway, my daughter must have noticed me putting the hair elastics around my wrist and decided to copy me with one of her hair ties. She somehow got it on her wrist before bedtime (I think, I can't be sure). The next morning she came into my room to wake me up and her hand was huge and purple. I didn't notice the rubber band and first and was about to rush her to the hospital. Once I noticed the rubber band I got it off and held her hand up/gently massaged it while DH spoke with the nurses line to find out if we should bring her in. That was the end of ponytails and tiny rubber bands for her and I stopped wearing elastics around my wrist.

8 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

What can cause something like this? Sending my best thoughts to them and their girl. One thing to critique their lifestyle, quite another to wish anyone ill. Here's to Brooklyn having the best possible care and a fast recovery .

Off the top of my head - injury, infection, blood clot, cyst, allergic reaction, various forms of Juvenile Arthritis.  I am sure there are more.

Lawson just posted an update on his IG. Brooklyn looks so much like Carson with her bed head. 

IMG_0038.PNG

4006f833f6c774bb6de9c2fa6be7d404.png
Erin has this on her Instagram story from about 7 hours ago.

19 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Awww that is scary! My bff had a baby last year and her head circumference was always measuring large. They did a scan and all was well. I hope you get good news super fast! :tw_heart:

All three of my sons had large head circumferences.Mr Melon has a large head.When my middle son was almost two,and I was pregnant with my third.His pediatrician sent him to have a scan.They would not let me go with him,I could hear him scream,but everything was fine.I have heard that the elastic on the wrist can be dangerous.I used to do it,myself,when my hair was longer and I worked in a warehouse,plus I hate when my hair gets in my face.I read that the bacteria is what is bad,and a teen girl nearly lost her arm from a severe infection..due to the bacteria from the hair elastics on her wrist.

Of course Lawson's whoring ass is there for a photo op.

Poor baby, I hope she's okay and that it's not something like juvenile arthritis. As someone that suffered from that as a kid it's not fun.

On 7/24/2017 at 1:03 PM, VelociRapture said:

Oh that's a fun one. One of my twins had to have a head ultrasound because he was off the charts in head circ around 15 months. Turned out it was just a big head (I had a huge head as a baby and my husband still has a huge head! lol). And just this past year my nephew had to have an MRI for his huge head. Also turned out to just be a big head.

Hang in there :) Good luck!

On 7/24/2017 at 1:33 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

When my boys were babies the pediatrician actually told us if they are crying uncontrollably and you can't figure out why, check fingers, toes, then strip them down and check their penises because those hair tourniquets hurt. I had long hair that I would find EVERYWHERE when they were babies so I checked them constantly. 

I used to judge people for posting pictures of their child in the hospital because I found it to be attention seeking. After, I had a friend who went through that and she really used social media for guidance and comfort. I just really don't like pictures of sick babies. I can't even watch a st Jude's commercial without hysterically crying.

Im not a parent yet, because I prefer my heart to stay in my chest. I pray for all children and their parents dealing with anything that is out of their hands. 

I think the idea is that god decides how many you have. You might try to have more, but he might not give them to you. You might try to keep the number low, but god can circumvent birth control.

Ah, was responding to a post asking if Erin was really naive enough to think people don't choose how many kids to have. And then I noticed the sick baby stuff. I hope she gets well soon!

7 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I used to judge people for posting pictures of their child in the hospital because I found it to be attention seeking. After, I had a friend who went through that and she really used social media for guidance and comfort. I just really don't like pictures of sick babies. I can't even watch a st Jude's commercial without hysterically crying.

Im not a parent yet, because I prefer my heart to stay in my chest. I pray for all children and their parents dealing with anything that is out of their hands. 

Some parents may be attention seeking, but I think most are just looking for comfort and reassurance. Having a sick child or facing that possibility is terrifying in so many ways. Everyone is different and if someone, like your friend, feels better sharing parts of that journey then I say do it - just remember that your child is an individual who deserves to be treated with respect and dignity.

I've never been a scholar of any scripture. So can anyone explain why people mark up their bibles? I don't understand the circling words or highlighting or outlining paragraphs. I've never seen anyone do that to a Torah. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived