IGNORED

Chad and Erin Paine: Goats and Other Things that Spit

choralcrusader8613

2 hours ago, nst said:

can I OT for a second 

Apparently the Paines daughter had an infection in her finger and was hospitalized 

um not to be silly but they constantly take photos of the child on the grass sitting with nothing in between her and the grass - perhaps a tic bit the finger? 

so I would suggest put a blanket on the ground 

You can't wrap kids up in bubble wrap forever, grass and dirt is good for them. This isn't something I will snark them on because it's one of the handful of things I think they do well - letting their kids spend time outside. Plus the child is almost one - she isn't going to stay on a blanket. 

Edited to add. 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

You can't wrap kids up in bubble wrap forever, grass and dirt is good for them. This isn't something I will snark them on because it's one of the handful of things I think they do well - letting their kids spend time outside. Plus the child is almost one - she isn't going to stay on a blanket. 

well clearly I don't have kids 

7 hours ago, jacduggar said:

Plus the child is almost one - she isn't going to stay on a blanket. 

LOLing at the irony because blanket training. 

No, I am not implying the Paines or any of the adult children are currently utilizing the Pearl's method of training children. You probably don't need it until you're 5+ kids deep into parenthood, anyway. (Well, never. Never is when you actually need it. But Gothard. ) 

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Erin and Carson are picking tomatoes today!

I can't help but be happy seeing that photo. I believe that kids (well, everyone) should know how their food is grown. Yes, it is just tomatoes, but that's how I developed an interest regarding locally sourced food. I don't have a garden now because I live in a freaking desert and growing seasons are pretty short.

10 hours ago, Casserole said:

LOLing at the irony because blanket training. 

No, I am not implying the Paines or any of the adult children are currently utilizing the Pearl's method of training children. You probably don't need it until you're 5+ kids deep into parenthood, anyway. (Well, never. Never is when you actually need it. But Gothard. ) 

I thought about it before I added it to the comment. Blanket training makes me shudder so hard. 

7 hours ago, ColeJo said:

I can't help but be happy seeing that photo. I believe that kids (well, everyone) should know how their food is grown. Yes, it is just tomatoes, but that's how I developed an interest regarding locally sourced food. I don't have a garden now because I live in a freaking desert and growing seasons are pretty short.

Me too. I always wondered why these mega families never did attempt to keep a garden, so I'm glad to see her (and Jana) have taken an interest and is teaching it to her kids. However, I love gardening and think everyone should have a garden if they have the space for it. 

We have a family garden filled especially with tomatoes. We like to say it's my dad's first family because every night he comes home from work he spends up to 45 minutes outside tending to his garden before coming in to see us :lol:

she's killing it at her happy baby pose at 10 months!

The gap is a little over a year (his bday is 5/15.2015).

Since Erin got pregnant so easily/quickly before, I am guessing they are probably using some sort of bc now. Good for them.

6 hours ago, Karma said:

So.many.headbands.

The only time there wasn't a headband, there was a hat that looks like hair :o 

17 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

she's killing it at her happy baby pose at 10 months!

The gap is a little over a year (his bday is 5/15.2015).

I thought Carson's birthday was May 14th. Am I wrong?

1 hour ago, anaandrade said:

I thought Carson's birthday was May 14th. Am I wrong?

Carson is May 14, 2015. Brooklyn is August 6, 2016. 

23 hours ago, Calypso said:

Brooklyn is one

Whats the age gap between Brooklyn and Carson? When is blessing #3 expected?

The kids are just under 15 months apart. It's possible they're using some sort of approved method (like NFP) or something in order to allow Erin's body time to recover. 

(Usually I'm one of the first to say we can't know if there's a pattern for sure until kid three or four. However, given that Erin had at least two - possibly three - miscarriages in just a year of marriage, followed by two live births the next two years, I feel relatively confident they may be using at least NFP.)

I hope they are using some form of NFP (condoms or an IUD would be better, but I suspect they refuse to go that far). 

I've always had a feeling that Brooklyn was not a fully intentional pregnancy, just based on how terrified Chad looked in the video when announcing they were pregnant and asking for prayers. I just got this vibe of 'please help us, we didn't mean for this to happen'. 

I'm glad it all worked out for them, but really hope they are going to take steps to reduce the number of pregnancies Erin has. I don't see them stopping at 2 (as much as I wish they would) but I hope to see some nice large age gaps between any further kids they have. 

So Chad took to instagram to gush about how much he loves Erin. It's very sweet! 

On 8/8/2017 at 4:00 AM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

I've always had a feeling that Brooklyn was not a fully intentional pregnancy, just based on how terrified Chad looked in the video when announcing they were pregnant and asking for prayers. I just got this vibe of 'please help us, we didn't mean for this to happen'. 

I think you're right. I could have sworn that Erin admitted that Brooklyn wasn't planned/ was a surprise, or something along those lines. Not sure if she meant that they were preventing in some way like NFP and she still got pregnant, or if they weren't preventing but also weren't expecting to get pregnant so quickly after Carson. Either way she definitely made it sound like they hadn't been deliberately "trying" for a baby.

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

I think you're right. I could have sworn that Erin admitted that Brooklyn wasn't planned/ was a surprise, or something along those lines. Not sure if she meant that they were preventing in some way like NFP and she still got pregnant, or if they weren't preventing but also weren't expecting to get pregnant so quickly after Carson. Either way she definitely made it sound like they hadn't been deliberately "trying" for a baby.

She did. I definitely remember a comment about them being shocked because they found out when Carson was only a few months old. I took more that they were surprised she was pregnant again so soon, not that they were surprised she was pregnant at all. 

On 8/8/2017 at 4:00 AM, LawsonBatesEgo said:

I hope they are using some form of NFP (condoms or an IUD would be better, but I suspect they refuse to go that far). 

I'm glad it all worked out for them, but really hope they are going to take steps to reduce the number of pregnancies Erin has. I don't see them stopping at 2 (as much as I wish they would) but I hope to see some nice large age gaps between any further kids they have. 

I sort of wonder if the doctor cautioned them to wait longer due to Erin's issues with pregnancy and that's why he was afraid? They didn't film Brooklyn's pregnancy until she was over halfway through, although they filmed Carson's from pretty much the stick drying. I remember in he early parts of Erin's first pregnancy Chad looked so scared and fragile, like another loss might just break him in half. He took their miscarriages very, very hard. 

I know a hardcore Anglican couple who will be having "Irish Twins". Baby #2 is due when Baby #1 is 10 months old.

I think the spacing might have more to do with them living in a 2 bedroom house with 2 very small kids. They probably ave at least 1 kin in the room with them on any given night. Makes it harder to have "sweet fellowship" regularly. I bet the same thing will happen with Jessa and Ben until they move into a larger house. I could be wrong tho. I just don't see Erin and Chad doing any kind of birth control especially after her "You don't choose how many kids you have" comment. 

14 hours ago, crazysnark said:

I think the spacing might have more to do with them living in a 2 bedroom house with 2 very small kids. They probably ave at least 1 kin in the room with them on any given night. Makes it harder to have "sweet fellowship" regularly. I bet the same thing will happen with Jessa and Ben until they move into a larger house. I could be wrong tho. I just don't see Erin and Chad doing any kind of birth control especially after her "You don't choose how many kids you have" comment. 

Oh come on, for centuries most of people had just 1 bedroom or no bedroom at all and they managed to have lots of kids.

Having a bedroom for babies and toddlers wasn't usual since XX century but there are still lots of places where it's not normal and lots of families with big houses who prefer co-sleeping with their little kids and yes, there are ways to have sex, there are other rooms or the couch or the bath or even the bed while the baby is sleeping in the crib.

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Oh come on, for centuries most of people had just 1 bedroom or no bedroom at all and they managed to have lots of kids.

Having a bedroom for babies and toddlers wasn't usual since XX century but there are still lots of places where it's not normal and lots of families with big houses who prefer co-sleeping with their little kids and yes, there are ways to have sex, there are other rooms or the couch or the bath or even the bed while the baby is sleeping in the crib.

For sure! However I just don't see Erin being ok with any of those options because of how conservative they are. I can't see her being down for a quickie in the bathroom or super hush while a child is sleeping next to her. Not that I don't think any of those things are wrong, I just don't see Erin being down with that. lol 

I am sometimes a bit astonished about how Erin's condition is treated here. I am getting tested for a similar/ the same condition right now. Of course several miscarriages are traumatic. And Carson's birth was probably too. But with the right medical treatment she is up to many more healthy pregnancies. There is no immediate danger anymore. (Well, if you believe the horror stories about the American health care system then yes. But then- I would run. But I live in a country where this condition would be properly treated all the way without me paying a cent.)

They might use Nfp or her body just takes it time. She got pregnant very fast but as she gets older this might go down.  I think they will end up with at least six children.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived