IGNORED

Chad and Erin Paine: Goats and Other Things that Spit

choralcrusader8613

Ah thats not quite as weird/awkward as i imagined. She worded it in kind of a cute way. I do think their mutual attraction and love for each other is cute and all. And genuine. So good for them. 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody else notice during the Newlywed Game when asked how many children she wants, Erin said, "that's a hard questions, it's not like you choose how many kids you have..." UMMMM yeah most people do do that Erin... YIKES

On 15/7/2017 at 10:05 PM, Mayluka said:

I was kind of surprised she shared something so personal and specific, but fundies always do tend to more sexually explicit than I expect, lol.

Kudos to Erin for always keeping it real when it comes to how much she loves her hubby.

On 7/18/2017 at 1:51 PM, speller24 said:

Anybody else notice during the Newlywed Game when asked how many children she wants, Erin said, "that's a hard questions, it's not like you choose how many kids you have..." UMMMM yeah most people do do that Erin... YIKES

Oh yea, that was super bizarre.  I mean, she must have heard of birth control right?  Like, I get that she doesn't use it but doesn't she know that most other people do?  Hasn't she noticed that most people only have 1-3 kids?  She seemed so earnest and naive that it made me wonder if she genuinely thinks you can't control how many kids you have!

http://uptv.com/shows/bringing-up-bates/videos/bringing-up-bates-fixer-upper/

This video is interesting. Chad and Erin going to look at fixer upper houses.
While it obviously is a plot line for the show, because it is so utterly boring most of the time, save for the cooing over new babies and when the young adults are doing things together. Is it possible they may move? It's not as if Chad isn't more than capable/talented in carpentry and construction and remodeling that they would probably be able to transform a house and make it beautiful.

I hope they do this, their newlywed house is adorable and lovely, but it is far too small a property for a family of 4, goats and a dog.
Not to mention i'm sure there will be a few more blessings coming their way.
It would also continue my respect for them, along with Zach and Whitney, and Alyssa and John, who DESPITE whatever their beliefs are (i know they are horrible), they are functioning in the world "mostly" on their own, at least when it comes to employment and owning their own property.

On 18/7/2017 at 7:51 PM, speller24 said:

Erin has suffered several miscarriages and a very hard delivery with Carson. So yes, maybe she cannot choose how many kids she want. In fact I think she had only 1 kid when that episode was recorded.

I know she could be just repeating Kelly's beliefs about reproduction. But Erin's sentence has common sense considering her experience.

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Erin has suffered several miscarriages and a very hard delivery with Carson. So yes, maybe she cannot choose how many kids she want. In fact I think she had only 1 kid when that episode was recorded.

I know she could be just repeating Kelly's beliefs about reproduction. But Erin's sentence has common sense considering her experience.

Ok here's exactly what she said: "That's a good question, it's not like you decide how many children you WANT." That's where the strangeness came from in my opinion. Many many people before knowing they cannot have children decide how many children they want. In fact on some dating apps, its a question they ask. So I disagree with your idea- respectfully, that it's from her experience with miscarriages because of the way she phrased it. 

I just bought my almost 13 year old daughter a long sleeved rash guard similar to that. A few weeks back she had a horrible sunburn and as someone who has actually had skin cancer, I am adamant about her being careful. SPF 50 reapplied every hour!

Haven't had a chance to watch the newest episode yet but wearing clothes in a hot tub sounds uncomfortable and even dangerous since loose clothing can get caught in the drains. Just my thoughts. I'll have to watch and see.

I'm so prone to sunburns and I love sunshine. I wear SPF 120 on my face, 80 on my arms, legs, neck; do I still get burnt? Yes. Rash guards would have saved me many a horrible night back when I was a kid. 

I went to a local waterpark when I was maybe 10 years old. I was not aware of the fact that you had to reapply sunscreen after so long of being in the water. Let's just say I had to stay in bed the next day because being burned from head to toe makes it difficult to move. My friend's mom didn't even give a damn and she was the supervising adult.

I'm old enough to reapply sunscreen by myself and I still wear a rash guard when I'm on the water too long. I'm very pale and it saves me. 

I'm very pale ,too.It's embarassing.I have had numerous people tell me I need to get some sun.I have had people ask if I am using sunscreen because...You have that white skin that burns! I do.I do not tan evenly,and now at nearly 57,I gave up years ago.My grandmother was one of the main offenders.Melon,You need get a sunburn.That is what she said instead of "suntan".Though,sunburn was more accurate.I do not tan well.She would tell me I needed to work on it,I felt like it was a waste of time.My father had very fair skin,so did my grandfather...the offending grandmother's husband.

1 minute ago, melon said:

I'm very pale ,too.It's embarassing.I have had numerous people tell me I need to get some sun.I have had people ask if I am using sunscreen because...You have that white skin that burns! I do.I do not tan evenly,and now at nearly 57,I gave up years ago.My grandmother was one of the main offenders.Melon,You need get a sunburn.That is what she said instead of "suntan".Though,sunburn was more accurate.I do not tan well.She would tell me I needed to work on it,I felt like it was a waste of time.My father had very fair skin,so did my grandfather...the offending grandmother's husband.

I'm so pale that people tell me I look sick on a daily basis. And my legs don't change color at all. I'm currently sporting black shorts and legs so white I might as well be a kid with the white tights. I wore SPF 55 to the beach got made fun of for it and my shoulders still got burned. I peeled for days.

I had neighbors,we were friendly with them.Her husband used to tease me each time I wore shorts.He'd say my legs were blinding him.Or that I was as white as a plastic bag.I've been made fun of too,at the beach.I went once to the beach,Mr Melon's job had a picnic.A group of teen girls were laying out.One of them said I was gross looking because I am so white,but one girl spoke up she said..she just has very fair skin.

On 7/21/2017 at 4:44 PM, melon said:

.A group of teen girls were laying out.One of them said I was gross looking because I am so white,but one girl spoke up she said..she just has very fair skin.

How appalling that those girls would be so ill-mannered to say you were gross looking because you aren't tanned. I would have probably been shocked, but if I could have said something, I'd probably have replied with something like, "How unfortunate that the appearance of others has such an impact on your life."

I had skin cancer in my early 20s. I am very fair and wear sunscreen. I don't need more biopsies.

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

How appalling that those girls would be so ill-mannered to say you were gross looking because you aren't tanned. I would have probably been shocked, but if I could have said something, I'd probably have replied with something like, "How unfortunate that the appearance of others has such an impact on your life."

I had skin cancer in my early 20s. I am very fair and wear sunscreen. I don't need more biopsies.

Even if those girls are somehow not concerned about melanoma, they ought to be concerned about aging. When I was young, before skin cancer was much spoken of, I'd see women with very deep tans who looked like they'd been tanned for leather. That turned me off the idea easily.

I have pale olive skin and virtually never burn, so I don't get all covered up with clothes outside, but I still wear sunscreen because it is safer plus better for the aging decolletage, and I would never allow my face to tan. My arms always tan anyway, though, despite whatever I do. And when I see men with their balding heads uncovered, I will freely tell them about driving my dad home after he had a chunk taken out of the top of his head from all those years of whistling while he worked in the sunshine.

On 7/21/2017 at 6:09 PM, OyToTheVey said:

I'm so pale that people tell me I look sick on a daily basis. And my legs don't change color at all. I'm currently sporting black shorts and legs so white I might as well be a kid with the white tights. I wore SPF 55 to the beach got made fun of for it and my shoulders still got burned. I peeled for days.

Oh me too! I'm a redhead and get the "You look so pale, are you sick?" No I was born this colour and it rarely changed. 

I thought they were rude,too.I was stunned,so did not say anything.I can always think of what I should have said...later.My grandmother who kept telling me I needed sun,loved to garden.All of the time spent in the sun,drinking daily,and smoking cigarettes..did not help her skin.She had wrinkles and complained about them.

Re the UV Suits.

That's what there were called when I bought them for my son 20 years ago - neck to wrist and ankles, you also could but a legionaires hat.

I had those for him from 18 mos to 3-1/2 years - so much easier than wrestling a child into sunscreen all over.

I just saw this in Instagram. Poor little baby. I know Chad and Erin must be so worried. 

I also believe they are probably very kind to all of their child's caretakers, unlike another blogger we've been discussing. 

IMG_7633.JPG

I can't imagine how worried they must be.  Hopefully they can figure out what happened.

Oh my goodness. Poor Brooklyn, she's only a baby. Chad and Erin must be so worried. :( 

Poor little Brooklyn! She looks so different in that picture. Seeing sick babies hurts my heart, and I know it's exponentially harder for a parent to see their child sick or in pain. Hopefully it is nothing too serious and the combination of antibiotics and surgery will fix the issue. 

Could it have been a spider bite?  I wonder what they're checking for.  Hope that sweet baby isn't in pain and recovers quickly.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived