IGNORED

Chad and Erin Paine: Goats and Other Things that Spit

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

What is he wearing in the pool? Pajamas? 

Looks like a rash guard and swim trunks but with a floaty over it. 

On 7/10/2017 at 9:07 AM, lumpentheologie said:

What is he wearing in the pool? Pajamas? 

I am also confused because the bottoms look like 2 different patterns--a pattern, and black

Isn't it just a sun suit? In Australia it's super common for little kids to wear swimsuits that are neck to knee to prevent sunburn so maybe why it doesn't seem weird to me. 

Erin is obviously in the water with him, wonder what bathers she is wearing?

10 hours ago, FeministFunPolice said:

Isn't it just a sun suit? In Australia it's super common for little kids to wear swimsuits that are neck to knee to prevent sunburn so maybe why it doesn't seem weird to me. 

Erin is obviously in the water with him, wonder what bathers she is wearing?

It's common here too. My 1.5 year old nephew wears a rash guard, swim trunks, and a sun hat in the pool. He has very fair skin, so it's a necessity for him. 

I had never heard of a rash guard or sun suit before, but I'm not often around small children. Thanks for explaining!

13 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I had never heard of a rash guard or sun suit before, but I'm not often around small children. Thanks for explaining!

I know rash guards as being something you need when you surf.  I had no idea that people put them on babies and little ones.  I guess that makes sense, although, it will really piss me off if they become mostly associated with fundies and their inappropriate swim wear.  I'll cut Erin some slack since Carson is so little, but if that kid is still wearing one at 14 and not being a surfer, I'm going to continue to roll my eyes at fundies and their wardrobe choices. 

A lot of people besides fundies wear them as sun protection.  Our family is absolutely not fundie, but grandson has been wearing rash guards to swim class since he began. 

3 hours ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I know rash guards as being something you need when you surf.  I had no idea that people put them on babies and little ones.  I guess that makes sense, although, it will really piss me off if they become mostly associated with fundies and their inappropriate swim wear.  I'll cut Erin some slack since Carson is so little, but if that kid is still wearing one at 14 and not being a surfer, I'm going to continue to roll my eyes at fundies and their wardrobe choices. 

If I had kids I would absolutely have have them in swim suits/rash suits. The less time you have spend applying and reapplying sunscreen to a wriggling child is a win in my book.

But also seems like a cultural thing? Australia has the highest rate of skin cancer in the world so most people take it pretty seriously. I'm 30 and I wear a long sleeved swim shirt because I'm fair and I fucking hate sunscreen. 

As someone who has had several questionable moles removed, even though I've never had a sunburn in my life, my kids will be dressed like beekeepers on the beach until they're old enough to completely refuse and choose their own clothing. And then I'll continue to nag them about sun protection.

I want to go back in time and smack my 18 year old self for spending all summer on the beach in a bikini without a drop of sunscreen on because "I don't need it."

The goats may have been the best part of yesterday's episode.

Yesterday's episode was a major borefest. Watching the kids paint the goat's house was not interesting. Chad and Erin's trip to NC was not good either. I'm sick of the stupid zip line.

Rash gaurds (Here we call them Rashies or Rash Vests) are very common where I live to wear when swimming outdoors or at the beach. It's a layer to protect you from the sun and getting burnt.

Imo, seeing a little kid here without one would probably be the exception, not the norm. Some people still don't take sun protection seriously, but many people take it seriously. Australia has the highest melanoma rates in the world, and I believe it's one of the most common cancers. Plenty of adults definitely don't where a Rashie or enough sunscreen, so hopefully melanoma doesn't catch up with them eventually.

They've got nothing to do with being conservative, and everything to do with protecting skin. I'm only 23, but I've already had 3 moles removed because they were abnormal. I haven't ever deliberately burnt or tanned, so I'm a bit passionate about people protecting themselves. It wouldn't be so bad if people applied sunscreen properly!

I live in the southeastern US, and rash guards have definitely caught on here in the past several years. You see tons of kids wearing them at the public pools. 

All of the kids in my family wear them because we're so fair-skinned and freckly that we burn on cloudy days. I really wish they had been a thing when I was a kid. I can't count the number of bad sunburns I've had over the years, despite obsessive and judicious sunscreen use. These days, I won't usually wear one to the pool, but if I'm doing something where I can't haul my bag of sunscreen around or I'll be out in the sun with no shade breaks ALL DAY (like tubing or boating), I usually wear a rash guard and trunks instead of a suit. And a hat. 

Both of my parents have had to have suspicious moles, knots, etc., excised, and it's apparently really painful and expensive. 

Check out Erin's latest videos on her IG. I'm not sure how to post them on here.

looks like a sister in law (judging by the hashtags) was visiting and played the piano with her.

I have to say, I continue to be impressed by Erin's piano playing, she is so good! 

Her sister in law is very talented too, and this is a cool video of them playing dual piano. 

I know Erin in her world is happiest and most content that she can be a godly mother and wife while also being able to maintain and utilize her obvious gifts in musical talent to play and teach kids. I think that is a noble and beautiful way to use your love and knowledge of music.

I only wonder what her life may have been if she had gone to university of TN be pursued a mainstream college music degree, and all the places other than rocky top that may have taken her. 

I recognize fully that she is obviously very happy with her life, and she should be, it is a safe and nurturing home she and chad have created for their children (not excusing the extreme religious beliefs) but heir children are clearly loved and cherished, in whatever way we can interpret that. 

But I do wonder, she is so talented and that could have taken her to places she could have never begun to dream of. 

When I was watching the latest episode I was still kind of in awe that they were in outside clothes in a hot tub. I think my mindset is thinking more though as hot springs and how hot that was at least that I was like yeah an obvious good choice I was in a bathing suit so maybe I'm just thinking a hot tub is just as hot? If that made any type of sense! to sum it up: How did they not melt in normal clothes in a hot tub.

Erin answered a bunch of instagram questions yesterday in the comments here.  Highlights: 

They plan to homeschool.  Apparently b/c that is what really makes siblings best friends. 

They would love to adopt. Not going to snark on this in Erin's case, I think it might be a good route for them. 

The only books she likes and she can name besides the Bible are Five Love Languages and The Language of Love. I also like the ideas in the Five Love Languages -- I've only read about them online, but that seemed sufficient. Sad that she didn't list any other books, though.  I wonder if she's ever read a real novel (not just whatever she meant by "character building" stuff). Despite this she claims to love to read. 

Didn't answer questions about birth control or who siblings are allowed to court. 

When asked how many children they want she said she doesn't have a number. 

Says she is grateful for her two children and knows there are plenty of people who would love to have even one child to treasure. I'm sure Michael is on her mind. 

Chad does all the laundry.  Good job Chad. 

They French kiss every day. My first thought was, even when you're sick? 

On 6/16/2017 at 2:41 PM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Not sure if this belongs here, but seeing Chad and Erin happy and in love and then doing some research and seeing that his sister had to marry that creep.  So sad. Can't wait to see the first baby.

Who is the creep? 

Umm... She really said they French kiss everyday? Seems odly specific and personal. Sure I like to make out with my hubby too, but not sure I would announce to the world that I shove my tongue down his throat on the daily. 

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Who is the creep? 

Tim Robertson, convicted rapist. Chad's sister married him April 1 of this year. There's a thread about it on here somewhere.

Here's the comment about French kissing.

IMG_7926.PNG.23f1dd4f54ed57d42da649d23b385aed.PNG

I was kind of surprised she shared something so personal and specific, but fundies always do tend to more sexually explicit than I expect, lol. I also give her props for recognizing that she's not the most qualified to be giving marriage advice after being married only 3.5 years. *cough Audrey Roloff cough*

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived