IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Engaged!

choralcrusader8613

some humpy backed camels and some chimpanzees... thanks for the ear worm. ACK!

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

Get thee to the Ark Encounter!  Yes, they did take a unicorn.  And dragons!

:lolside: My priest never bothered to tell me about the dragons. Why do they leave off all the fun stuff? 

What the fuck did I just read? Ladies and gents, if we are gonna be partaking of the good stuff in here, you better start sharing with me! :-p

This thread drift came out of nowhere and is all over the place. WTF???

Anyway....I wonder which event will happen first: Jill giving birth, Joy's wedding, or Joe's wedding. I'm gonna go out of leftfield and say Joe's wedding. I'm probably wrong. Then again I expected Jessa to marry before Jill since Jessa and Ben were courting months before Jill and Derick. From here on out I expect to see weddings and babies at warp speed.

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

My priest never bothered to tell me about the dragons. Why do they leave off all the fun stuff? 

Dragons were taught in my school books. :laughing-jumpingpurple: I was way too old before I realized that people in the middle ages didn't really spend their days seeing dinosaurs that they called dragons. 

Behemoth was a dragon and dragons are dinosaurs.  God put those fossils there to test your faith.

@RosyDaisy, if you want to get back to topic:

Of course Jill will give birth at Joy's wedding for maximum drama. The Duggar girls are so competitive.  And don't be silly.  Joe and whatshername are already married.  They eloped, but are waiting to announce it just before Anna delivers the latest speculated sprog to distract attention from Josh.

No, I don't really think that.

2 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Sorry I'm a little late for this- I know we've moved on, but I didn't want to be rude and ignore your question!

I am just kind of very picky and knew what I wanted, which maybe wasn't the most typical style. I also had no idea what my ring size was. We went to the jeweler together and with him and the jeweler I specified that I liked this part of one ring, mixed with this part of another ring. So I had a vague idea of what to expect, but the ring was made just for me, so I didn't know how it would turn out. Also, hubby added something of his own that I didn't know about. We probably looked in like October, but he didn't buy the ring or propose until June/July. So it was more, I have a feeling this will happen in the next year, but was still very surprised when it did happen :)

I included pics because I was still only lurking when everyone did their ring pics last time. I have a cushion cut, split shank, halo ! I wanted two bands because I am weird and like symmetry. 

Reveal hidden contents

image1.JPG

Reveal hidden contents

image2.JPG

Thanks for your response! Your ring is very pretty :) 

48 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I haven't had this much fun since the Gnostic Bishop.  And it is Friday.

It is Friday, but Flying Spaghetti Monster help me that we don't wake up to this every morning.

18 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

It is Friday, but Flying Spaghetti Monster help me that we don't wake up to this every morning.

I don't know, it's not so bad. My early life included being so afraid of going to helll for so very many things. 

I never did though really understand about Easter Island. Guess I should "Google it"!!

10 hours ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

I can understand that if it were David Koresh type cult where only a few people could leave the compound and marriage meant you were devoted to David.  I don't see the Duggars like that, different but not that different, homeschooled is my biggest problem with it or the craziest they get. . The Duggars have been everywhere or have been exposed to things I think.  Certainly Josh found his way on the internet but as adults they do what they want but I'm not a big critic bc I know they aren't perfect bc only Jesus is and I find society the misinformed when they rejoice in people's imperfectness as if they expect people to be.  That concept is why Jesus talks about judging bc they always judge people's 'perfectness' and no one is perfect like him until his kingdom comes which is the only place the homeschooled are right ...even over the Princeton, Harvard education - the irony is hilarious.  

society fights back with but you claim these religious ideals but you, yourself a sinner.... And Jesus told Paul, the chief of all sinners, to spread the gospel (speak the words)  of just a Perfect God who sends a perfect savior..who then makes godly children.  The point being its 2017 and nobody understands it yet and I laugh til I cry whenever religion wars start in press.

Joshua (Yeshua) the deliverer 'important'!  You have heard deliver us from evil..And Caleb I think are judged as sinless.  Everyone else speaking Gods word was a sinner even Abraham who lied or you have heard about the Jews.  being perfected is about perfect judgment as well as being sinless.  Paul was explaining the path of salvation that was being foretold but he wasn't perfect, he was even in prison or not in perfect situation.  Sinners are told by God to spread the word - ever heard of the Jews, God started liking Gentiles even lol.  I love Jewish people tho bc it's a representation of the entire world.  Society needs to catch up on that fact.  Ends rant.  Sorry I got amped aboud'it.

OK, I'm not real sure what station your train left from but I think it's lost.  This some serious rambling about to many different things, I'm prone to this myself, I have ADHD, it is very easy for me to go squirrel and change my topic.  The one thing I am getting is that we are judging the Dugggar's differently than others.  For me, at least, that judgment stem from them judging others while they themselves are committing the same sins. That is a big deal, they are trying to deny people rights because they don't like how they live their life, but in the same breath say "don't you dare tell ME how to live MY life", well shut up then and we wont. They say don't tell me how to live my life while they are telling you how to live yours. That isn't fair or right. 

19 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I never did though really understand about Easter Island. Guess I should "Google it"!!

I could be wrong, but I think she was saying that people need the Christian God because if they don't they will destroy the environment like the people of Easter Island did. I read an NPR article about this a couple years ago.   In the past people though that they just foolishly destroyed themselves, it seems that now experts believe that what might have happened is that the rats they brought with them went crazy destroying everything in sight. The environment there isn't great for crops either, but they ate rats and did manage to survive enough to build giant statues. What probably killed them off was diseases introduced by Europeans. 

Anyway, I think she was warning that without God we might destroy ourselves, but that probably isn't what happened anyway and people with God happily go around killing the world we live in. 

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

I could be wrong, but I think she was saying that people need the Christian God because if they don't they will destroy the environment like the people of Easter Island did. I read an NPR article about this a couple years ago.   In the past people though that they just foolishly destroyed themselves, it seems that now experts believe that what might have happened is that the rats they brought with them went crazy destroying everything in sight. The environment there isn't great for crops either, but they ate rats and did manage to survive enough to build giant statues. What probably killed them off was diseases introduced by Europeans. 

Anyway, I think she was warning that without God we might destroy ourselves, but that probably isn't what happened anyway and people with God happily go around killing the world we live in. 

I just wanted to know how they got the big statues to stand up. My early religious upbringing sent me off in totally different ways from anything spoken of here. Ha ha 

7 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I think you are right.  But that rambling was really hard to figure out.

I'm thinking I.SignedUpforthis might be Gnostic Bishop. GB was a friendly troll. He/she never really engaged anyone or start a flame war.

The thing about GnosticBiship is that he is all over internet forums and he show literally no interest in anything but his ramblings. I don't think he could discuss the Duggars, Bates or Christian rap.  He also mostly copies and pastes the same things over and over. 

I think this is probably a person who rambles and didn't understand what Free Jinger was about when signing up. 

13 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I think you are right.  But that rambling was really hard to figure out.

I was as confused as I was the first time I read "As I Lay Dying" in the 9th grade.

Can we talk about e-rings again?  This is mine.  It is a ForeverOne Moissanite, and this photo does not do it justice. If you ever consider going that route, I strongly encourage you.  I knew I didn't want a diamond as a center stone (I think diamonds are a ripoff, and I  don't like the thought of spending so much money on something that has such an inflated retail value and so little resale value  just because other people expect it.)  Anyway, I was considering a sapphire or an aquamarine when I discovered moissanite, and the more I learned about it, the more I wanted one.   It is absolutely gorgeous.    il_570xN.991077516_8yzy.jpg

Parts of the whole Old Testament are pretty weird.

Noah's Ark

Giants having sex with humans

Enoch disappearing.

Crazy times.

19 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I'm thinking I.SignedUpforthis might be Gnostic Bishop. GB was a friendly troll. He/she never really engaged anyone or start a flame war.

I think Gnostic Bishop is still in the prayer closet.  He wasn't banned because he just spammed us with multiple long rambles and making no sense isn't against the rules.   I think he was sent to the PC because he refused to take his signature down. 

@Destiny or @Coconut Flanwould know.

3 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

It is a ForeverOne Moissanite, and this photo does not do it justice.

That ring is lovely.  I'm not nuts about diamonds (especially conflict and blood diamonds) either.

What is Moissanite - is it a manufactured diamond or other gemstone?  I keep seeing references to it these days. 

20 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

That ring is lovely.  I'm not nuts about diamonds (especially conflict and blood diamonds) either.

What is Moissanite - is it a manufactured diamond or other gemstone?  I keep seeing references to it these days. 

Thank you!

Moissanite is silicon carbide.  It was discovered in 1903 in a meteor by a scientist named Henri Moissan.  It occurs naturally on earth, but is very rare, so all of the commercially available moissanite is lab-created.  Until recently, a company called Charles and Colvard held the patent on it.  They market their stone as Forever One and it comes in colorless and near colorless versions.  That patent has expired so there are other options available.  One is called Supernova.  I'm not sure of other brand names.  

The stone is 9.5 on the Mohs scale, so almost as hard as diamond which is a 10, and harder than rubies/saphhires and much  harder than beryl stones like aquamarine and emerald which are something like in the 7s.  The earliest products had a bit of a green cast, but in the past three years, the colorless versions  have come out and made it kind of popular for e-rings.  Mine is absolutely white.  It has more fire than a diamond, which is the main way you can tell them apart visually.  When you get a Moissanite under light, it shoots a lot more prismatic color than a diamond does.  They also cost about 1/10 of what diamonds do per carat.  So, my e-ring was about 2K instead of the 20K it would have been with a diamond center stone.  

I really love it.  Plus you know, we can buy a house with the money we saved.  Can't live in a ring. :D 

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I haven't see Wicker Man, but Noah's Ark story is pretty ridiculous. 

Which is stupider:believing that a donkey talked or believing that Indigo Children exist? 

I am one with the wind. 

Or the crystal children that my exceedingly crunchy pal believes were born in the early 2000's. She has one. (At least according to her)

1 hour ago, Screamapillar said:

I was as confused as I was the first time I read "As I Lay Dying" in the 9th grade.

I thought I was in the Politics thread...

:5624797f7e7a7_Iateyoursoulblankstare:

Jana gets to continue to share her bedroom with her much younger sisters.Johannah,Jennifer,Jordyn and Josie.

Fun.Fun.Fun.. for a 27 year old woman.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived