IGNORED

Sproul 6: The Hypocrisy Lives On

Coconut Flan

• 1 month later...

I’m guessing Spanky is trying to get money from the trust, because based on my limited knowledge of him (and his queen), that’s what he does.  I wonder what’s going on with this, though:

DocketMOTION DANTS [Defendants?]. MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER REGARDING RELATIONSHIP WITH SPROUL GRANDCHILDREN

Edited by CTRLZero
PS - good find!
  • Upvote 3

Interesting...in an "as Spanky world turns" kinda way. They're desperate for some of that sweet sweet trust money. 

From RC-Lisa Sproul facebook page today:  To every prayer warrior and intercessor:   Please, stand with us in prayer and proclaimation of truth over a life altering situation affecting our family mightily. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 5

I wonder if it is about protecting funds for the Sproul kids to inherit so Spanky and QL can’t siphon it all off into their own scams.

There are still the two minor children living with Spanky and QL. All the others are adult and independent. Spanky and QL seem to have made the decision to cut off the adult kids because they’re selfish assholes (Spanky and QL, not the kids) and it would not surprise me at all if they were trying to make sure there was no legacy for them to inherit. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I wonder if it is about protecting funds for the Sproul kids to inherit so Spanky and QL can’t siphon it all off into their own scams.

Very good point.  I suspect Vesta is still quite sharp and the sister is co-administrator of the trust for a reason. 

It will be interesting to see how things transpire. I assume there are millions in the trust; there can be a lot of legal maneuvering where that amount is involved. 

21 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

MOTION FOR PROTECTIVE ORDER REGARDING RELATIONSHIP WITH SPROUL GRANDCHILDREN

Damn. Could this be related to Vesta trying to get custody of the boys? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Damn. Could this be related to Vesta trying to get custody of the boys? 

I wondered about this, but it seem unlikely (and I am definitely not a lawyer!). It just seems an odd thing to insert into a case that on the surface appears to only be about financial matters. Surely any custody disputes would have been raised separately?

It could possibly be to ensure that Vesta can have access to the boys as their grandmother. It would not surprise me at all to find out that they've been deliberately isolated by Spanky and QL from the rest of their Sproul siblings and family. Remember all that drama when QL found out the boys had been contacted by Darby etc through an Instagram acct or something like that. I don't remember the details, and it may not have been Darby but one of the other siblings. Interestingly, Darby appears to be taking a break from Twitter at the moment. I wonder if that's related to all this.

• Upvote 2

Maybe Spanky is suing because he got cut out of his father's will and the money went instead to his children from the marriage with Denise. If so, I'm not sure that Vesta & Sherry could change anything, even if they wanted to do so. Wills are very hard to change or break after a person's death, for good reason.

On 5/24/2023 at 9:10 PM, Katzchen24 said:

Remember all that drama when QL found out the boys had been contacted by Darby etc through an Instagram acct or something like that. I don't remember the details, and it may not have been Darby but one of the other siblings.

Yes, Spanky & QL were just vile to them, not to mention their subsequent attempts to trash Denise's character. While I'm sure that the money is paramount for those two, controlling the kids is also a factor, especially since all but the youngest two are now adults. QL also bragged about legally adopting the minor Sproul kids (4 at the time) a year or two after she married Spanky. The two older girls, now adults, left that home the minute they turned 18. 

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 4

I've mentioned this in the past, but the monthly/annual burn rate to keep that large house going (taxes, heating, cooling, maintenance, landscape, HOA fees) has to be significant.  Cars (gas, insurance, maintenance, repairs), plus feeding two teenage boys. Plus the acreage they now have outside of town. 

Where's the money coming from? Does Spanky have a misguided wealthy donor?  I suspect they do get $$$ from the Sproul trust because Vesta/Sherrie don't want to see the boys out on the street.  But what happens when the boys turn 18 and that funding source dries up? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

ScreenShot2023-05-26at10_56_20AM.thumb.jpeg.cb7df855a930fe0154f77167f48d8ea2.jpeg

Nothing says "family togetherness" quite like suing your mother and sister.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6

The court docket post from 5/9/23 indicates an upcoming "IN PERSON MEDIATION" in Seminole County FL court. 

On 5/24/2023 at 9:04 AM, Howl said:

From RC-Lisa Sproul facebook page today:  To every prayer warrior and intercessor:   Please, stand with us in prayer and proclaimation of truth over a life altering situation affecting our family mightily. 

The prayers Spanky and The Queen requested are to "crush Satan under your feet." Assuming that Mediation is what the "life altering situation" is referring to (no doubt there's a lot of money at stake), mother Vesta and sister Sherrie are Satan. And for emphasis Spanky and The Queen include a lovely image of what they hope befalls Vesta and Sherrie:

Spoiler

ScreenShot2023-05-26at11_58_00AM.thumb.jpg.9050c262fb01ad4bbd463cf3e95d9424.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler

Screenshot2023-06-13at12_04_30pm.thumb.png.54ebe762c9c4b7fe50200875c7587057.png

I'm not sure this is sending the message Spanky intends. Certainly Spanky is a poor excuse of a  father to his older children, so is he suggesting God is a poor example of a father too because that's where he learned about it?

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

A current crisis in the Sproul household that required massive prayer intercession was Spanky passing kidney stones.  They are apparently on the way out. Hallelujah.  

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 6

• 2 weeks later...

I do have some sympathy for what convictions like that can do to employment opportunities, etc. (especially for people already living on the margins, keeping in mind that laws aren't always equally applied). And IF Spanky hadn't had his children in the car with him when he did it, I might not feel complete disgust reading that post. But he did.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

And IF Spanky hadn't had his children in the car with him when he did it, I might not feel complete disgust reading that post.

Yes. And also (as you noted) IF there wasn't unequal treatment in our justice system, in which the white well-to-do get options that others don't. I'm so glad for groups like REFORM Alliance that advocate changes so that people without means don't get trapped by things like court fines and trivial things that can break their probation. But this isn't that.

Edited by Antipatriarch
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

I can't see how this would have any significance for Spanky's employment opportunities.  The history of that incident is readily available on the internet. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Howl said:

I can't see how this would have any significance for Spanky's employment opportunities.  The history of that incident is readily available on the internet. 

Sure, potential employers can google and quietly figure it out. But it can't be used legally as a basis for denying or ending employment.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Is there any indication that Spanky is actually looking for a job?  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Is there any indication that Spanky is actually looking for a job?  

Not recently. The last job-like position he had was the hired-then-fired-in-2-days fiasco with SB Nation in 2019. Since then, the only things I've seen have been religious grifts of various kinds.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

Is this him? 🙄

Yep, that's him. Pretty typical. 

He likes to think of himself as an intellectual, throwing out bon mots like Oscar Wilde.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

On 7/3/2023 at 5:28 PM, hoipolloi said:

Since then, the only things I've seen have been religious grifts of various kinds.

It just occurred to me that Spanky probably gets Social Security payments for the two boys since Denise passed away.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3

Did Denise ever do paid work outside the home?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1