IGNORED

Trump 13: More Scandal, More Fun. Yay! :/

Destiny

35 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

This is how Fox News is responding to the Jeff Sessions sandal: 

So now publicly meeting with a Russian Ambassador in an official capacity, with cameras present, is the same thing as having a secret, private meeting that you later lie to congress about. i think I can see why ever Fox News viewer I know is an idiot who is completely incapable of logical thought. 

Yeah, by the logic that Faux News is using we should crucify every American politician in either party who played nice with foreign Ambassadors, leaders, etc rather than telling them where to go and how to get there.  Jesus Christ, if Faux News was around in the 60s the Cuban Missle Crisis probably would've ended with our major cities disappearing under a mushroom cloud.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Umm...not sure if this is related, but this doesn't make Sen. Richare Shelby (R-AL)

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/06/richard_shelby_wins_russian_ro.html

A defense policy bill that protects some 1,000 jobs in northern Alabama passed the Senate on Tuesday in a development that Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., also hailed as a "significant victory for national security."

Under an amendment to the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act the Defense Department can purchase up to 18 Russian-made RD-180 rocket engines, which are used to make rockets produced by Decatur-based United Launch Alliance - a joint venture of Boeing and Lockheed-Martin.

The RD-180 had been opposed by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who contended that using the engines enriches Russia at a time when Moscow has been increasingly aggressive. He also accused Shelby of putting local interests above national concerns because of ULA's presence in Alabama.

But Shelby, along with Defense Secretary Ash Carter and the secretary of the Air Force, have argued that there is no current viable American alternative to the RD-180 and that discontinuing the purchase of the Russian engine would mean a years-long delay in the ability to launch national security payloads into space. ULA being in Alabama was also a factor in the senator's position, according to his office.

The RD-180 helps power the Atlas V rockets made by ULA.

"The inclusion of this amendment in the NDAA is a significant victory for national security and reflects what Congress has heard time and again from every senior official currently serving in the Air Force, Pentagon, and intelligence community," Shelby said in a statement. "The NDAA now safeguards the U.S. Air Force's authority to maintain competition for the most vital national security and intelligence launches.  Not only is this authority critical to ensuring America's assured access to space, but it is also positive news for American taxpayers. "

McCain, who in a battle over the RD-180 accused Shelby last year of helping to enrich "[Russian President] Vladimir Putin's cronies," couldn't gather enough support to overcome Shelby's language. The Arizona senator agreed to a compromise precluding the RD-180 from being used in launches after 2022.

18 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Fuck you Paul Ryan. You're a traitor to this country: 

I really hope I get to see this rat bastard go down in flames. :angry-cussingblack:

In a sobering reminder of how our culture is changing, Cracked published a list of TV and movie plots that no longer make sense in the Trump era:

http://www.cracked.com/article_24652_5-plots-hollywood-can-never-use-now-that-trumps-president.html

1.  A politician's career is ruined when he makes a gaffe.

2.  An inexperienced president brings the country together.

3.  An outrageous goof-ball entertains voters, but the experienced and knowledgable candidate still wins.

4.  Trump cameos

5.  Nazis rule America (as a sci-fi plot)

Look who's completely  delusional. Is he sober? Seriously. 

Screenshot_20170304-040905.jpg

I am just coming out of a weeklong "social experiment" that has sort of blown my mind. (And perhaps put me on the path to both a straight jacket and a divorce!)

I have watched nothing but Fox News and read Brietbart for a week. (With a little info wars sprinkled in.)

I live and work around extreme conservative "evangelicals" (who I firmly believe are following a false gospel that has been presented by the American GOP.)

I did this because I was super curious how anyone could believe this crap that is being spoon fed to them. And it was eye opening.

Faux News really does make Trump appear to be sane. They lie through their teeth with such straight faces, and spout petty bullshit like an episode of Degrassi High. Their jr high attacks alone made me want to give up my pursuit. But I prevailed.

Having been a history and News buff my entire life (thanks dad!) I was able to see their blatant lies. (Apparently CNN made up the "golden shower" story - which we all know was reported by internet news sites long before CNN got mention of it.)

But I can see how if you self-shelter? You buy into this batshit crazy alternative world.

I know @iweartanktopshas already posted screenshots of the terrible troll tantrum tweets the tangerine toddler sent into the twittersphere, but I'm adding a link to one of the tweets itself. Because it's worth it to read the comments.

Speaking of sick: How dare he call the election process SACRED when we all know he colluded with the Russians to win them?

49 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I know @iweartanktopshas already posted screenshots of the terrible troll tantrum tweets the tangerine toddler sent into the twittersphere, but I'm adding a link to one of the tweets itself. Because it's worth it to read the comments.

Speaking of sick: How dare he call the election process SACRED when we all know he colluded with the Russians to win them?

Where's his proof?  I've not seen anything that would even remotely suggest this happened.  And I have no doubt that if there was any evidence, any evidence at all, even the tiniest little thing that this were true, we would've heard about it ad nauseam on Fox News, Brietbart, etc.

Sorry, but don't believe a damn thing Lord Dampnut says unless I see reams of evidence.  He's a pathological liar.  He'll lie when there is easily accessible video evidence that proves him wrong.  The man is not right in the head.

Just now, Childless said:

Where's his proof?  I've not seen anything that would even remotely suggest this happened.  And I have no doubt that if there was any evidence, any evidence at all, even the tiniest little thing that this were true, we would've heard about it ad nauseam on Fox News, Brietbart, etc.

Sorry, but don't believe a damn thing Lord Dampnut says unless I see reams of evidence.  He's a pathological liar.  He'll lie when there is easily accessible video evidence that proves him wrong.  The man is not right in the head.

The Tangerine Toddler is so predictable. I've read so many articles like this one, the past few days, which make comparisons between the Russian Connection and Watergate. And of course now he's attempting the same thing, 'look, OBAMA - NIXON!'

Yeah, right, we believe you... :roll:

1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

Look who's completely  delusional. Is he sober? Seriously. 

Screenshot_20170304-040905.jpg

Oh Donald, Donald, Donald.

We know you're the king of deflection, and generally you're actually pretty darn good at it.

But, if there is more to the Russia story than we've seen so far, it's going to take more than these silly tweets to get it off the front page.

Good try though.

Sigh. How predictable and pathetic.

Once again, the comments are hilarious. I particularly enjoyed this one:

:pb_lol:

4 hours ago, GeoBQn said:

In a sobering reminder of how our culture is changing, Cracked published a list of TV and movie plots that no longer make sense in the Trump era:

http://www.cracked.com/article_24652_5-plots-hollywood-can-never-use-now-that-trumps-president.html

1.  A politician's career is ruined when he makes a gaffe.

2.  An inexperienced president brings the country together.

3.  An outrageous goof-ball entertains voters, but the experienced and knowledgable candidate still wins.

4.  Trump cameos

5.  Nazis rule America (as a sci-fi plot)

6.  A very partisan politician or politicians have come to Jesus moments, turn a new leaf, and start working for the American people.

Whoo-boy! The Tangerine Toddler is bored I think, cause his widdle fingers haven't left off twittering the whole day!

Nancy Pelosi had a good comeback though...

The Trumpvidians are frothing at the mouth in the comments. Gives an insight into their limited critical thinking abilities...SAD!

Can anyone weigh in on when his ridiculous claims about President Obama become actual slander in a legal sense? 

Google tells me this:

slander. n. oral defamation, in which someone tells one or more persons an untruth about another which untruth will harm the reputation of the person defamed. Slander is a civil wrong (tort) and can be the basis for a lawsuit.

So would President Obama have to file a civil suit, then? It seems to me that he's been slandered by Trump, publicly for quite  a while now. But I suppose Obama is going to continue to do his thing with grace and swag rather than file a suit. I love that man. 

This twitter bull shit is all over the news this morning. Red herring... 

@Scribber, you're hard core for your social experiment!! Bravo! Feel free to share anything else. 

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Whoo-boy! The Tangerine Toddler is bored I think, cause his widdle fingers haven't left off twittering the whole day!

The Trumpvidians are frothing at the mouth in the comments. Gives an insight into their limited critical thinking abilities...SAD!

It's fascinating/terrifying how quickly and easily the Trump supporters believe these lies. Several far-right websites are already pushing the lie that President Obama wire-tapped Trump's phones and they want an investigation. 

The funny part of this whole thing is that all the Republicans in the house and senate are now in a very bad position because their stupid Trump-supporting constituents are now going to be pushing them to do an investigation into this faux Obama-wiretapping story, but they will know they can't investigate because 1) there's no proof that this happened and will reveal Trump to be the liar he is and 2) an investigation would draw even more attention to the wire-tap and why it was put in place. 

So what do they do 1) piss off the Trump-supporters and say "no investigation into the Obama-wiretapping accusation" or 2) do an investigation and be expected to produce results (which will actually implicate Trump. 

Clearly there's no on in Trumps circle right now who is able to sit him down and say, "You're in a hole already, Donald. Maybe you should put down that shovel and turn off that backhoe and stop digging yourself in even deeper." 

Senior U.S. officials have responded to Trump's latest lie: 

And President Obama has released a statement:

ETA: Sorry, I didn't mean to make my post this long. I thought I had waited long enough that my posts wouldn't get merged, but no. 

1 hour ago, iweartanktops said:

Can anyone weigh in on when his ridiculous claims about President Obama become actual slander in a legal sense? 

Google tells me this:

So would President Obama have to file a civil suit, then? It seems to me that he's been slandered by Trump, publicly for quite  a while now. But I suppose Obama is going to continue to do his thing with grace and swag rather than file a suit. I love that man. 

This twitter bull shit is all over the news this morning. Red herring... 

@Scribber, you're hard core for your social experiment!! Bravo! Feel free to share anything else. 

He suddenly discovers the "wire tap"?  If it were true agent orange  would have exploited it ages ago. Also if true any sane (who am I kidding) person would let a real investigation take place and not have another screaming tantrum on twitter. President Obama could sucker  punch orange shit stain over this, but he is too classy for that. I admire Obama for so so many reasons.  His grace under pressure is one of them.  I sure as shit don't have it.

34 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Cry me an orange river. Little toddler is upset.

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

So did fellow Rep. Ted Lieu.  He had the perfect response to the Tangerine Toddler.

Mr. President, you're in deep shit.

Just wanted to point out that these wire tapping claims originated with conservative talk show host Mark Levin last year. Breitbart recently did a story on this, so since Trump hasn't been frothing about this until now, that's got to be where he heard about it.

2 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Clearly there's no on in Trumps circle right now who is able to sit him down and say, "You're in a hole already, Donald. Maybe you should put down that shovel and turn off that backhoe and stop digging yourself in even deeper." 

And how glad we are that there isn't! Keep on digging, Donnie, keep on digging!

I would like to encourage you all to watch the movie, 13. It's on Netflix. I'm watching it right now. It's name comes from the 13th amendment. I am taken aback hearing Nixon saying some of the exact things we hear from Trump. 

4 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

I would like to encourage you all to watch the movie, 13. It's on Netflix. I'm watching it right now. It's name comes from the 13th amendment. I am taken aback hearing Nixon saying some of the exact things we hear from Trump. 

Thank you for the suggestion. I hadn't heard about it, but it sounds interesting. It's going in my queue.

I liked this op-ed: "How Low Can the ‘Presidential’ Bar Go?". Just a sample:

The old bar: Read speech from teleprompter before members of Congress without ad-libbing.

The new, Trumpian bar: Read speech from teleprompter before members of Congress without ad-libbing repeatedly about the flaws of the opposing candidate you beat nearly four months ago.

The old bar: Inspire viewers with oratorical flair.

The new bar: Prove capable of speaking for 60 minutes without throwing a temper tantrum and ranting about ratings, the failing New York Times, fake news or the size of your inaugural crowd. Bonus points: Refrain, for eight days, from tweeting in ALL CAPS.

The old bar: Be a man who leads and inspires the free world.

The new bar: Be a man who, at age 70, reads a speech written by committee without stuttering or sniffing, and remains vertical for 60 minutes. Basically, be as good at playing the role of “president” as your average Florida dinner theater actor.

The old bar: Start national conversation about the direction of our country.

The new bar: Barely make it 24 hours into a news cycle before news of a speech is overtaken by the latest revelations of a cabinet member’s communications with the Russians during your presidential campaign.

(Note: This bar has not yet been cleared.)

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived