IGNORED

Trump 13: More Scandal, More Fun. Yay! :/

Destiny

16 hours ago, fraurosena said:

On the other hand, Comey has asked the DOJ to reject the tangerine toddler's claim:

Not the shade that the statement by Obama's spokesman throws. :pb_lol:

Sure Lord Dampnut.  Make an enemy of the intelligence agencies investigating accusations you colluded with Russia to compromise the election.  That couldn't end up being bad for you at all.  :pb_rollseyes:

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this late last night before going to bed.

otm.png

Knowing Lord Dampnuts, he probably did blame getting tripped on President Obama.

Sigh: "New executive order bans travelers from six Muslim-majority countries applying for visas"

President Trump is preparing to sign a new executive order Monday that White House officials hope can withstand legal scrutiny that will ban travelers from six majority-Muslim nations seeking new visas from entering the United States for 90 days, according to a fact sheet the administration sent to Congress.

In addition, the nation’s refu­gee program will be suspended for 120 days, and it will not accept more than 50,000 refugees in a year, down from the 110,000 accepted last year by the Obama administration.

The order, which is to go into effect March 16, represents an attempt by the Trump administration to tighten security requirements for travelers from nations that officials said represent a terrorism threat. A more sweeping attempt in January provoked mass protests across the country as travelers en route to the United States were detained at airports after the surprise order was announced.

The new guidelines name six of the seven countries included in the first executive order, but it leaves out Iraq. That nation will increase cooperation with the United States on additional security vetting under separate negotiations and its citizens are not subject to the new order, the fact sheet states.

The new order provides other exceptions not contained in previous versions: for travelers from those countries who are legal permanent residents of the United States, dual nationals who use a passport from another country, those attending diplomatic missions, and those who have been granted asylum or refu­gee status.

“The United States has the world’s most generous immigration system, yet it has been repeatedly exploited by terrorists and other malicious actors who seek to do us harm,” the fact sheet stated.

The Department of Homeland Security was preparing to release the order publicly on Monday morning under an embargo. The Washington Post received the documents separately from an immigration lawyer who obtained them from a member of Congress.

The new order drew condemnation from immigrant rights advocates.

“The president has said he would ban Muslims, and this revised version — in these preliminary fact sheets — still does that, even if they have removed Iraq from the list,” said Gregory Chen, director of advocacy for the American Immigration Lawyers Association. “In its oral argument before the 9th Circuit, the government was unable to provide any evidence to the 9th Circuit that acts of terrorism had been committed by the nationals of seven countries initially designated. That was an embarrassment, but now weeks later, in these preliminary fact sheets, they still have not explained why people from these countries pose risk to America’s national security.”

11 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Sigh / ugh / facepalm.  It seems to me that we have a hell of a lot more to fear from White, God Fearing Muricans ™/®/etc than we ever would from the six nations Lord Dampnuts is singling out or any other nation for that matter. 

Hell I've been to Turkey and felt safer there than I do in many American cities.  Never felt even the slightest bit of threat from anyone.  Turkey is one of those places where if you don't start none won't be none.   

"Trump: Bonkers, paranoid or trapped?"

In the course of less than a week we’ve gone from “Trump presidency on the rocks” to “What a normal speech!” to “How many Trump associates had contact with the Russians, and why did the lie about it?” to “Trump was bugged, really?!?”

There are several explanations — not necessarily mutually exclusive — for the latest outburst from the president.

First, he is increasingly out of touch with reality. Just as he obsessed over the crowd size at his inauguration and the fictional illegal voters upward of 3 million, Trump’s mammoth ego cannot take the daily drumbeat of attacks and accusations. When adversity strikes — as it did with new allegations concerning Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who was forced to recuse himself from any campaign-related investigation — he becomes unhinged and paranoid. He can stick to a teleprompter speech for an hour, but soon reverts to form.

A variation on the first possibility would be that Trump correctly realizes the intelligence community has a good deal more information on what contacts his associates had with Russians than he does. A New York Times story last week confirmed that the intelligence community also has intercepts of Russian officials discussing their contacts with Trump associates. Trump, under this theory, is panicked. An exaggerated, unsupported claim from a right-wing provocateur and gadfly Mark Levin that Trump was directly wiretapped is enough to set him off into a Twitter frenzy. As they said about Richard Nixon, even paranoids have enemies.

Another explanation is that Trump, as he does when things go wrong (the Sessions recusal, disarray on tax and health-care legislation, accusations about his foreign holdings), deliberately creates distractions. He’d rather the media chatter about whether he is sane than focus on the need to obtain his taxes to determine what connections he and his family have to Russia. (Recall that last week a story surfaced that Donald Trump Jr. was paid handsomely for a speech in France for a pal of the Putin oligarchs.)

And finally, it is possible that he is right that Trump communications were under investigation — but only up to a point. We go back to a story from late October 2016 in which FBI officials allegedly investigated a connection between computer servers owned by the Trump Organization and the Russian Alpha Bank. The New York Times reported that there could be an “innocuous explanation” for 2,700 so-called look-up messages sent from Alpha servers to Trump’s. This does not necessarily mean the FBI or anyone else was “wiretapping” Trump Towers, but we have yet to find out the extent of its investigation and whether, for example, the FBI discovered additional ties between Trump associates and Kremlin allies.

He called for Congress — which is already investigating Trump’s Russia connection — to look into improper surveillance during the campaign. He almost begged the press to drop it, saying that no further remarks on the topic would be forthcoming. Good luck with that.

Trump inadvertently emphasized that at the core this is about whether the intelligence community has discovered the president of the United States is compromised. That cannot very well be left solely to congressional partisans or to a Justice Department that reports to him.

I'm going with bonkers, paranoid, AND trapped.

29 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Trump: Bonkers, paranoid or trapped?"

I'm going with bonkers, paranoid, AND trapped.

(Shoving a twenty in the swear jar). 

I was just thinking that Mrs. Clinton would have had a whole shit load of baseless accusations hurled her way by the likes of that fuck face Trey Gowdy and Jason Chapped Ass.  But she sure as fuck wouldn't have been making groundless accusations that others were wire tapping her, or blaming victims of crimes (like Lord Dampnuts did with the Jewish community), or trying to deflect everything away from her. 

Mrs. Clinton would have been like Han Solo, saying bring it on and that she preferred a straight up fight over all the sneaking around the GO fucking P is doing these days.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders was trotted out over the weekend and this morning to clarify that Trump blah blah phone tapped blah blah.  Just to clarify, she is the daughter of (ex-Governor) and preacher man Mike Huckabee. 

"Pause This Presidency!"

The American people must immediately demand a cessation of all consequential actions by this “president” until we can be assured that Russian efforts to hack our election, in a way that was clearly meant to help him and damage his opponent, did not also include collusion with or coverup by anyone involved in the Trump campaign and now administration.

This may sound extreme, but if the gathering fog of suspicion should yield an actual connection, it would be one of the most egregious assaults on our democracy ever. It would not only be unprecedented, it would be a profound wound to faith in our sovereignty.

Viewed through the serious lens of those epic implications, no action to put this presidency on pause is extreme. Rather, it is exceedingly prudent.

Some things must be done and some positions filled simply to keep the government operational. Absolute abrogation of administrative authority is infeasible and ill advised. But a bare minimum standard must be applied until we know more about what the current raft of investigations yield. Indeed, it may be that the current investigative apparatuses are insufficient and a special commission or special counsel is in order.

In any event, we can’t keep cruising along as if the unanswered question isn’t existential.

Americans must demand at least a momentary respite from — my preference would be a permanent termination of — Trump’s aggressive agenda to dramatically alter the social, economic and political contours of this country.

America deserves to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that our president is legitimate before he issues a single new disruptive executive order.

Republicans pitched a fit when President Obama nominated Merrick Garland to fill the seat made open by the death of Antonin Scalia, falsely arguing that a president should not be allowed to fill a vacancy during the last year of his term. Well, it is not at all clear to me that this will not be the last year of Donald Trump’s term, should these investigations reveal something untoward between his regime and Russia.

The rest of this opinion piece is very interesting, definitely worth a read.

11 minutes ago, Howl said:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders was trotted out over the weekend and this morning to clarify that Trump blah blah phone tapped blah blah.  Just to clarify, she is the daughter of (ex-Governor) and preacher man Mike Huckabee. 

Did she kill and fry any small animals on live TV?

Fuckabee would've been a better President than Lord Dampnuts.

"Trump’s charge that he was wiretapped takes presidency into new territory"

Donald Trump’s presidency has veered onto a road with no centerlines or guardrails.

The president’s accusation Saturday that his predecessor, Barack Obama, had tapped his phone “during the very sacred election process” escalated on Sunday into the White House’s call for a congressional investigation of that evidence-free claim.

The audacious tactic was a familiar one for Trump, who has little regard for norms and conventions. When he wants to change a subject, he often does it by touching a match to the dry tinder of a sketchy conspiracy theory.

Trump’s tweetstorm early Saturday made his disciplined, well-received speech to Congress four days before seem less a turning point than an aberration.

The charge was reminiscent of the early days of his political ascendancy, when he built a political base by pandering to the fringes with false stories about Obama’s birthplace. After he was elected with less than a popular majority, Trump made the groundless claim that millions of people had voted illegally.

But the voice of a U.S. commander in chief carries much greater weight than that of just about anyone else on the planet. Trump’s detractors say the way he uses that platform has worrisome implications that go far beyond the sensation he creates on social media and his ability to dominate the news.

“We have as president a man who is erratic, vindictive, volatile, obsessive, a chronic liar, and prone to believe in conspiracy theories,” said conservative commentator Peter Wehner, who was the top policy strategist in George W. Bush’s White House. “And you can count on the fact that there will be more to come, since when people like Donald Trump gain power they become less, not more, restrained.”

Nor does Trump appear to have a governing apparatus around him that can temper and channel his impulses.

“When the president goes off and does what he did within the last few days, of just going ahead and tweeting without checking on things, there’s something wrong. There’s something wrong in terms of the discipline within the White House and how you operate,” Leon Panetta, a White House chief of staff for Bill Clinton and CIA director during the Obama administration, said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

Trump and his allies, however, say that the criticism is misdirected.

In their view, the concern over Russian interference in the election has been overblown by Democrats looking for an excuse for Hillary Clinton’s defeat last November.

They also say that more focus should be concentrated on the people within the government who are leaking sensitive information to the news media.

Within a government bureaucracy that tilts Democratic, “there is an active ‘deep state’ opposition to a populist disruptive reformer. Many believe it is their duty to break the law and lie,” said former House speaker Newt Gingrich. “For Trump to succeed, there will have to be profound overhaul of the bureaucracy. To be normal in this environment is to fail.”

Yet Trump’s accusations may well inflame — rather than calm — another sentiment that abounds in the country.

“This is exceedingly problematic. We were already in a huge deficit as to what the country trusted out of Washington and our leaders,” said Matthew Dowd, who has been a strategist for both Democratic and Republican politicians.

“This only adds to it,” Dowd said. “We’re in a surreal world.”

"No guardrails", yeah, that just about describes it.

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

In preparation for St Patrick’s Day on 17 March, Donald Trump has decided to pay homage to his Irish heritage by producing some hats

Wait a minute! Did I sleep through the portion of the program where Dolt 45's Irish ancestry was explained? I thought he just terrorized Ireland with his businesses?

Anyhoo, my late mother and I had DNA testing done a few years back, and to no one's great surprise, about 40% of my DNA can be traced back to Ireland. So on behalf of the sane Americans who also have Irish ancestry, those hats are tacky as hell, and leave Ireland alone, you rat bastard! 

Edited to add:

Quit putting tape on the back of your ties!  Buy a damn tie clip, you idiot!

I thought this article was interesting, a roundup of the ways the tangerine toddler's allegations about wiretapping might blow up in his face (please, oh, please!!)

THE BIG IDEA: It is easy to pooh-pooh Donald Trump’s predawn Saturday tweetstorm — accusing Barack Obama of the worst political crimes since Watergate while offering no evidence — as an undisciplined rant from someone who has long embraced conspiracy theories.

That neither gives the president enough credit nor reflects the gravity of his unfounded accusations.

It is past time to dispense with the fiction that Trump doesn’t know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing. He is trying to distract us. And, at least this weekend, he succeeded.

THIS IS TRUMP’S MODUS OPERANDI:

-- Whenever he is under fire for something in a sustained way, he makes a shocking claim or provocative declaration about something else to change the subject. He is a master practitioner at the politics of distraction. These five examples might jog your memory:

• After struggling during the first GOP primary debate to explain his disparaging comments about women, he attacked Megyn Kelly. “There was … blood coming out of her wherever,” he said, ensuring that the media focused on the new Trump-Kelly “feud.”
  • When the 2005 Access Hollywood video came out, he brought Bill Clinton’s former accusers to St. Louis as his guests to the second debate.
  • In November, the morning after agreeing to settle a fraud lawsuit against Trump University for $25 million, he demanded that the cast of “Hamilton” apologize to Mike Pence.
  • Days after firing Michael Flynn, he held a rambling 77-minute press conference because he knew that it would get the Flynn story out of the news.

BUT, BUT, BUT:

-- Here’s the rub: Trump is not as cunning as he thinks. He’s playing checkers, not chess. (Or maybe it’s Connect Four.) While he’s proven adept at manipulating the New York tabloid world for decades, as the first president in American history with no prior political or military experience, he’s a rookie at playing the inside game. And it is coming back to haunt him. Bigly.

The article goes on to outline six major ways this whole wiretapping allegation can backfire. It's worth a read.

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

Wait a minute! Did I sleep through the portion of the program where Dolt 45's Irish ancestry was explained? I thought he just terrorized Ireland with his businesses?

Anyhoo, my late mother and I had DNA testing done a few years back, and to no one's great surprise, about 40% of my DNA can be traced back to Ireland. So on behalf of the sane Americans who also have Irish ancestry, those hats are tacky as hell, and leave Ireland alone, you rat bastard! 

Edited to add:

I haven't had my DNA analyzed yet, but most of my ancestry is from western Germany and Luxembourg.  I've joked that I have so much German ancestry that instead of a blood stream I have a beer stream instead.

My message to agent Orange would be  get a wardrobe that fits you, you damn fool.   You look like a fucking slob. 

Someone, please tell Ben Carson to go fuck himself. Hard. 

http://huff.to/2lxbnDe

“That’s what America is about,” Carson said. “A land of dreams and opportunity. There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less. But they too had a dream that one day their sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, great grandsons, great granddaughters might pursue prosperity and happiness in this land.”

Hey, moron, slaves weren't immigrants! :angry-banghead:

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Edited to add:

Speaking as someone whose ancestry is 100% Irish, can I suggest that Trump go take a long walk off a short pier? We've already had the unfortunate experience of him and his tacky hotel in this country, not to mention watching with our mouths open at the clusterfuck he's turned American politics into.

But now he's seriously offended me...someone tell the mutton-headed dolt that it's supposed to be a shamrock on the hat, not a four leaf clover.

1 minute ago, iweartanktops said:

(Shoving another Andrew Jackson in the swear jar now).

Yes, anyone who spouts that sort of horseshit ought to go fuck himself as hard as possible.  Anyone who would trot out that excuse would excuse all manner of other horseshit.  What's next Benny?  Gonna follow your hero's lead and blame the Jews for all the shit that got done to them?  Gonna excuse Agent Orange's latest dumb-fuckery?

It's a good thing he's not doing surgery, because it'd be a cold day in hell before I let him cut into me.

So we need a Ben Carson thread? I think he believes in teaching revisionist history full of alternative facts.

This article is from 2014:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2014/09/29/ben-carson-new-ap-u-s-history-course-will-make-kids-want-to-sign-up-for-isis/

The new Advanced Placement U.S. history framework has become the target of intense criticism from conservatives who charge that it is anti-American, the latest attack coming on Monday from potential GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson, a famed pediatric neurosurgeon who said that “most people” who complete the course would then be “ready to sign up for ISIS.”

Conservatives have said that the new history framework —  being used this fall in classrooms around the country — does not highlight American achievements or mention key American historical figures but spends a lot of time talking about America’s worst period. 

“I am a little shocked quite frankly looking at the AP course in American history that’s being taught in high schools across our country right now. There’s only two paragraphs in there about George Washington. George Washington, believe it or not. Little or nothing about Martin Luther King. A whole section of slavery and how evil we are. A whole section about Japanese internment camps. A whole section about how we wiped out American Indians with no mercy. I mean I think most people when they finish that course, they’d be ready to sign up for ISIS. This is what we are doing to the young people in our nation. We have got to stop this silliness. We have to stop crucifying ourselves. Have we made mistakes as a nation? Of course we have. Why? Because we are people and all people make mistakes.”

19 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less.

For me it's not the immigrant part of this sentence that is most bothersome. It's the part I bolded that I find most offensive. Saying 'for less' implies they got something for their efforts.

It may be new to you, you cretin, but they didn't work for less. Violence, bloodshed and brutality were used upon them to force them to work, labor, and slave away their blood, sweat and tears for literally nothing at all. That's what being a slave entails.

This makes me so mad that DH just asked me if I was ok, I was looking so angry as I'm typing this.

And that's from someone who's as white as a caucasian can get.

15 minutes ago, Ali said:

So we need a Ben Carson thread? I think he believes in teaching revisionist history full of alternative facts.

This article is from 2014:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/answer-sheet/wp/2014/09/29/ben-carson-new-ap-u-s-history-course-will-make-kids-want-to-sign-up-for-isis/

Jesus Christ. 

I took AP US History in high school.  It never made me want to sign up for ISIS. 

I didn't do well enough in the class to do the test to earn college credit for the course, but it did help give me a sneak peak into what college would be like. 

4 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

For me it's not the immigrant part of this sentence that is most bothersome. It's the part I bolded that I find most offensive. Saying 'for less' implies they got something for their efforts.

It may be new to you, you cretin, but they didn't work for less. Violence, bloodshed and brutality were used upon them to force them to work, labor, and slave away their blood, sweat and tears for literally nothing at all. That's what being a slave entails.

This makes me so mad that DH just asked me if I was ok, I was looking so angry as I'm typing this.

And there was also the fact that the women were raped by the men who held them in slavery.  That's what gets glossed over Mr. Carson when you try to minimize slavery by saying they were immigrants.

A snippet from a Seattle Times article (worth reading in its entirety if you can access it) to help wash the hateful spewing of the loathsome Ben Carson from our thoughts:

Timothy Egan article re political and spiritual activism

It’s early, but we may be experiencing a great awakening for the humane values that are under siege by a dark-side presidency. People are going inward, to find something bigger than Trump, and outward, to limit the damage he inflicts on the country.

. . . .

But now students are clamoring to talk about government and politics. They are also marching in the street, along with their parents, who have already pulled off one of the largest political demonstrations in American history.

In stepping on American values, Trump has prompted people to find out more about those values, and ultimately to defend them. The high to his low is an unexpected renaissance.

Off to write more postcards to my representatives - can't let up!

Eight senators want the Tangerine Toddler to disclose who's visiting the WH and Mar-a-Lago. 

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/03/trump-white-house-visitor-logs-mar-a-lago

For nearly eight years, the Obama administration regularly released the names of visitors to the White House and the adjoining executive-branch office buildings, along with the dates of their visits and the names of the officials who hosted them. The visitor logs provided a rare glimpse of the comings and goings of the most powerful office in the world.

Will President Donald Trump continue the practice of releasing the visitor logs? The administration won't say. Mother Jones recently put the question to the Trump White House on several different occasions. The answer: silence.

[...]

Eight Democratic senators on Monday sent letters to Trump and the Secret Service questioning whether the new administration would continue the practice of releasing visitor logs. They also urged Trump and the Secret Service to extend the visitor logs disclosure to include Mar-a-Lago, where Trump has spent considerable time as president and which he calls his "winter White House."

"We see no reason why you would be unable to continue policies of your predecessor," the letter reads. "And we urge you to extend those policies to address your decision to regularly conduct official business at private properties that also provide access to certain members of the public." Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Jack Reed (D-R.I.), Tom Carper (D-Del.), Tom Udall (D-N.M.), Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), and Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) signed the letter. They asked for a response by March 15.

47 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

What?  Huh?  Really I have no come back for this. I'm  trying to contain my rage because daughter is in her room.. but WHAT THE FUCKING HELL!  Lets just rewrite history shall we?  I need something to kick.

18 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

i conciser myself white, and I have the white privilege that comes with that. But seeing as I'm Jew-ish Bannon and his crowd don't.  I feel like kicking something when I read shit like this.  I figure when it is written by a white guy I understand they are either clueless or a racist fuck or both.  But Carson? What the hell is wrong with him? What the hell is wrong with all of these fucks?  My  grandfather was an immigrant from Poland.  When he came to this country he changed his name to an American  one and tried to assimilate as much as he could.  As he studied American history he  learned more and more about slavery. He joined the NAACP and gave every year until he died.  When I was a young kid he would tell me over and over.that while America was a great country in many ways I should never forget  the horror of the slave trade.  I never remember not knowing.

On a related note, my dad's youngest brother married a woman of the Navajo Nation.  As with slavery I never remember no knowing about the genocide of the First Nations. Hell the U.S. Army used germ war fare to kill off as many as they could using small pox infected blankets.

Now some fucking dolt says teaching American history is a bad thing?  Once again, I really have no words.

14 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Eight senators want the Tangerine Toddler to disclose who's visiting the WH and Mar-a-Lago. 

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/03/trump-white-house-visitor-logs-mar-a-lago

Yay Van Hollen.

57 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

(Shoving another Andrew Jackson in the swear jar now).

Yes, anyone who spouts that sort of horseshit ought to go fuck himself as hard as possible.  Anyone who would trot out that excuse would excuse all manner of other horseshit.  What's next Benny?  Gonna follow your hero's lead and blame the Jews for all the shit that got done to them?  Gonna excuse Agent Orange's latest dumb-fuckery?

It's a good thing he's not doing surgery, because it'd be a cold day in hell before I let him cut into me.

At this point I have to endorse my entire paycheck to the jar.

Holy f - nope, I'm not going to use those words - 

Taking a deep breath. 

Starting again.

Beware. You'll be angered.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived