IGNORED

Seewalds 15 - American Baby (Baby is Here!)

choralcrusader8613

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Right it's Thanksgiving in the US. Weird. 

My husband was a Thanksgiving baby. Their family had a thing in which they went to different houses for each course, and here she is in labor the entire time. She finally went to the hospital after dessert. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Ma told my dad she was in labor. My dad told my mom to make him some coffee. 

My my dad also dropped a bunch of  fresh Eels in the sink for my mom to cook. She was very pregnant at the time. 

Different house for each course? That sounds like a pain in the ass even when you're not in labour.

But different traditions for different families I guess.

1 hour ago, Karma said:

My BIL and SIL were having a scheduled csection with their second child. They were given the choice of Friday or Monday, and they chose Monday.  If they'd picked the Friday my niece would have been born on 11/11/11. How cool would that have been?

My SIL was desperate to have her baby on 11/11/11 and I was trying not to, to avoid an insane maternity ward. I ended up having my son 11/22/11 and escaping just in time to cook Thanksgiving dinner.  

23 minutes ago, marmalade said:

My husband was a Thanksgiving baby. Their family had a thing in which they went to different houses for each course, and here she is in labor the entire time. She finally went to the hospital after dessert. 

Going to a different house for each COURSE? That sounds absolutely exhausting, especially if you have small children.

Not sure how I feel hearing about so many doctors scheduling inductions merely for their own convenience. I was induced for an actual medical reason and it wasn't the best experience, even though my doctor and the nurses were great. I would definitely try to avoid it next time if I could.

Also, here is Spurgeon being cute.

23 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

My Ma told my dad she was in labor. My dad told my mom to make him some coffee. 

My my dad also dropped a bunch of  fresh Eels in the sink for my mom to cook. She was very pregnant at the time. 

I would have strangled him with an Eel!

My husband birthdate is 8/7/87. I was due with my 2nd daughter 11/16/16 , really wanted her to come 11/11 , but she came early morning 11/9. I was watching Donald Trump win while I was in labor. Good times I tell ya. 

26 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Different house for each course? That sounds like a pain in the ass even when you're not in labour.

But different traditions for different families I guess.

Yeah, it was through their church, and MIL was a convert Lutheran from Serbian Orthodox. I've done the progressive meal thing, but it's cool when you're a teenager. Then again, this was the late 50's. Dare I say it was a progressive idea if the people lived in close proximity? 

At any rate, my hubby was born around 9 that night. :D

11 hours ago, Elvis Presby said:

I share a birthday with Donald Trump, Boy George, my mother in law (born same day and year as Donald Trump), and the late Burl Ives.  

My condolences, @Elvis Presby for sharing your birthday with a Cheeto-faced Shitgibbon.  At least, you can say that you were born on the same day as Boy George and Burl Ives.  Btw, my dad and my mom's baby sister share the same birthday as the King himself!

ETA:  Our late, gone to the Bridge Labrador shared a birthday with Harry Potter and JK Rowling.  Of course, we didn't know that Lucky's birthday was July 31st.  It just happened to be 6 weeks before my daughter's birthday.  We adopted Lucky from the shelter for my daughter's birthday.  

Spurgie is adorable in that video.  He really is a cute little pumpkin.  His life is about to change drastically when number 2 enters the scene.  I remember feeling a little sad for my daughter the night before I gave birth.  Just knowing that her life as the center of our universe was coming to an end, was rather poignant.  But then I had the joy of watching her turn into a big sister.  It was really amazing to see that happen, to see her assimilate the new baby into her world, to adore him and to be fascinated by him as a baby.    I always thought I wanted to just one child, but I am so glad that mother nature had a different plan.  Nothing wrong with singletons, but just for my experience,  I was really taken aback by the joy I would get in seeing my children love each other.

Of course there were also days when they hated each other but I am lucky to have them all get along very well 90% of the time. 

3 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

You were induced? I wonder if I could be induced in order to make sure my own doctor delivers my baby (when the time comes in the future). She travels constantly and is out of town a lot. 

Yep. I was induced. 20 hour labor + 2 hours of pushing. Not trying to scare you. Lots of people have flawless inductions. Mine was a little rough. When my little guy came along, I opted for anow elective c-section because I knew he was going to be the last pregnancy for me.  I'd take a c/s over vaginal  birth any day.

And I would take Vaginal over c/s every day.   Either way,  it is always good to know that it is called labor for a reason.  It is hard work.  If it wasn't,  they would have called it picnic. 

Just now, calimojo said:

And I would take Vaginal over c/s every day.   Either way,  it is always good to know that it is called labor for a reason.  It is hard work.  If it wasn't,  they would have called it 

That's awesome. We all have our preferences. I chose not to add that I had to have reconstructive surgery on my netherregions as a result of my child's ginormous head.  A c-section was safer, although I could have done another vaginal if I had wanted. I had my tubed tied and didn't want an additional surgery.

My birthday is technically a holiday in Northern Ireland. 

I'm the 11th July which is bonfire night. The night before the orange men parade to commemorate the battle of the boyne. Literally only relevant to Unionist/Loyalist/Protestant communities in NI (and I think some of Scotland; I know there's Scots that march). 

I was due 4th July but held out a week longer lol. My grandfather was over the moon though as after 10 children of his own and 26 previous grandchildren, he finally got the 'orange baby' he always wanted (in reference to the Orange Order who march on 12th). I was thereafter known to him as 'my little orange baby' rather than my real name. 

Now my cousins daughter, who I'm super close to (her mum is closer to my mums age so we're close in age)  is pregnant and due around my birthday and I'm hoping for him/her to be born on my birthday as we haven't had a double up of birthdays yet which is rare in such a large family. 

Just now, twoanddone said:

That's awesome. We all have our preferences. I chose not to add that I had to have reconstructive surgery on my netherregions as a result of my child's ginormous head.  A c-section was safer, although I could have done another vaginal if I had wanted. I had my tubed tied and didn't want an additional surgery.

And auto correct sucks on my phone. Tubes were tied.

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

I would have strangled him with an Eel!

She says she wanted to :) 

And then some other  time he got a skinned baby rabbit and wanted her to cook that. That was also during her pregnancy. 

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

March 5th:

My GM was born on that day 1910

My brother was born on that day 1963

My nephew was born on that day 1999

3 of 4 generations! My uncle was born on March 3rd- we missed 4/4 by 2 days!

On top of that for me, I was born March 5. My cousin was born March 9. His father was born March 10. And his wife (my cousin's) was born March 10! We said the rule was in order to be in this family, you must share a birthday with someone.

7 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

She says she wanted to :) 

And then some other  time he got a skinned baby rabbit and wanted her to cook that. That was also during her pregnancy. 

Good Lord, @tabitha2, your poor mom. I don't want to be offensive, but I simply must ask: How was your father not brained to death with a heavy iron frying pan?

21 minutes ago, calimojo said:

And I would take Vaginal over c/s every day.   Either way,  it is always good to know that it is called labor for a reason.  It is hard work.  If it wasn't,  they would have called it picnic. 

Having had both I would never recommend a c-section unless it was necessary. lots of pain, a scar and long recovery time. Nothing nice about it at all.

9 minutes ago, Season of life... said:

Good Lord, @tabitha2, your poor mom. I don't want to be offensive, but I simply must ask: How was your father not brained to death with a heavy iron frying pan?

How did your mum refrain from not shoving an onion up his derrière ( instead of the rabbits)?

7 minutes ago, Season of life... said:

Of all the horrible things he put her through  those things rank far far far down in the list.  But she got mad and I guess he got rid of all the dead critters pronto. 

I went to nearly 42 weeks with my firstborn, the hospital was PACKED and I couldn't get in for an induction. 

I asked to be induced with my second if she hadn't made an an appearance a week before Thanksgiving. Someone had to cook the turkey and I couldn't do it if I was pushing out a baby! (A week before Thanksgiving would put her at 41 weeks).  "Oh, she'll come out before then, don't you worry!" they said. Nope. :) Induction it was.

If you think this is something you should have been around for the 5000 posts discussing merits and flaws of Cracker Barrel while we waiting for Israel Dillard to arrive. 

Good times.  

C'mon Jessa, yet another pregnant former classmate of mine already had her baby today. She's probably the second one over the course of your pregnancy. What are you even doing?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived