IGNORED

Seewalds 15 - American Baby (Baby is Here!)

choralcrusader8613

4 hours ago, JesusCampSongs said:

I have heard from some of my friends who are employed in the medical field that it's very common for women who are due in late December or early January to request inductions either right before Christmas or in between Christmas and New Year's for financial reasons, mainly tax and insurance. If you have a baby in December, you're eligible for the child tax credit (and also EITC, according to the IRS website) for that year. If you have health insurance and a deductible that resets January 1st, it makes sense to go for an induction at the end of the year so you don't have to pay it again.

My cousin's first kid was due on January 2. He kept telling us that they were literally praying (though they are not very religious) for that kid to be born before midnight on Dec 31 because of taxes and because they had paid their deductible/ maximum out of pocket by then and if labor started on/after January 1, they'd be paying much more out of pocket on the labor and delivery and hospital stay. 

Their son came naturally on December 30. 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My son was almost born Dec 22.  I had a version and they told me a possiblity was I could go into labor.  That didn't happen and he was born Jan 8th.  

From the deductible standpoint, I wish he had been born Dec 22.  Paid a lot more out of pocket for his birth.  

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

My cousin's first kid was due on January 2. He kept telling us that they were literally praying (though they are not very religious) for that kid to be born before midnight on Dec 31 because of taxes and because they had paid their deductible/ maximum out of pocket by then and if labor started on/after January 1, they'd be paying much more out of pocket on the labor and delivery and hospital stay. 

My husband is a CPA and our daughter was due January 14th. She would have been fullterm right around Christmas, so we would joke about hoping she came early for the tax breaks.

She came December 5th - so just under 6 weeks early. So I guess we should have been careful what we wished for. :pb_lol:

And we just found out insurance is covering it all since we hit our deductible before I went into labor last year. Which is awesome since her weeklong NICU stay alone was apparently over $60,000. :pb_surprised: 

2 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

2 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I am envious of your cousin. I was do on Jan. 11th.  If she was born in Dec. I would have 100% in network coverage. She was born a few days after New Years Eve.  Our policy changed and I had to pay 10% out of pocket. Wouldn't be able to induce before since they don't induce til 39 weeks. I felt strongly that my body should choose the date but I did feel it in the pocketbook. 

19 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

. And the rarest dates are Christmas, Christmas Eve, July fourth, and New Year's Eve. 

One of my great aunts was born on July 4, and one of her sisters was born on Christmas Day...

Jessa must have removed the lockdown on Guinn (if she were really there, I don't know if they are with Jessa and Ben). Guinn posted about a sermon on Facebook 7 hours ago. Didn't listen because if Guinn thinks it's good, it's sure to make my blood boil. 

19 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

For those potential parents who will have children this year (any date) maybe don't choose names off this list. Unusual birth dates are one thing, unusual names are a whole different thing! And I can't figure out why so few people are born the end of November! What's with that? 

Everyone is getting their scheduled c-sections and inductions over with before the long Thanksgiving weekend.. there's a higher than average spike just before that lull. 

1 minute ago, Cheetah said:

Everyone is getting their scheduled c-sections and inductions over with before the long Thanksgiving weekend.. there's a higher than average spike just before that lull. 

Right it's Thanksgiving in the US. Weird. 

So who has a good theory for the spike on July 7?  7/7 makes a fun choice of birthdate... okay, and now that I"m looking, I see similar relative spikes for 8/8, 9/9, and some of the other months as well.

Daughter was due on Christmas day 2003. Doctor said, "you don't really want to be in the hospital on Christmas, do you?" In other words, HE didn't want to be in the hospital on Christmas. 

I've got December 18th baby as a result. 

My birthday is Mexican Independence Day, which is pretty cool (I have no ties to Mexico at all besides loving conchas, Mayan art, and tacos al pastor; I just like that my birthday falls on a day when a whole country is celebrating), and my birth made September the most expensive month of the year for my dad: his/my mom's wedding anniversary, my birthday, and my mom's birthday are all within three weeks.

30 minutes ago, twoanddone said:

Daughter was due on Christmas day 2003. Doctor said, "you don't really want to be in the hospital on Christmas, do you?" In other words, HE didn't want to be in the hospital on Christmas. 

You were induced? I wonder if I could be induced in order to make sure my own doctor delivers my baby (when the time comes in the future). She travels constantly and is out of town a lot. 

You guys made me curious -- I had to look. On March 5, it was Penn Jillette, Andy Gibb, Kevin Connolly and Jake Lloyd -- now how many can say they share a birthday with young Anakin Skywalker? LOL

I was SUPPOSED to be born on Feb. 17. I hung around until March 5. Wonder why my parents stopped at one kid? :) 

My daughter and son-in-law are wanting to have another baby. She has figured out just when she needs to get pregnant for a shot at a 1-8-18 birthdate. If only her body will cooperate. :)

I don't think they've considered the financial benefit of having the baby earlier.

1 hour ago, twoanddone said:

Same thing here, due December 25 th, born December 15 th.  My Doctor said those exact words.  Daughter was induced early as a failure to thrive in utero.

All these stories are fascinating! Pregnancy definitely leads to a variety of interesting conversations.

My BIL and SIL were having a scheduled csection with their second child. They were given the choice of Friday or Monday, and they chose Monday.  If they'd picked the Friday my niece would have been born on 11/11/11. How cool would that have been?

I am a May baby, which makes total sense since the biggest holiday month in Italy is...you guessed it, August!

According to the link posted earlier in the thread, estimated conception day around 8/16. Must have been some Ferragosto (August 15) shenanigans that continued well into the 16th...:pb_lol:

Most popular tv shows the date  I was born:

TV shows that you might have been watching around this time.

Knots Landing - American soap opera. 

Archie Bunker's Place - Sitcom starring Carroll O'Connor. 

Trapper John, M.D. - Medical drama. 

Hart to Hart - TV show about a couple who moonlight as detectives. 

The Dukes of Hazzard - American television series. 

Mork & Mindy - Comedy TV show about an alien called Mork. Starring Robin Williams. 

Taxi - American sitcom starring Andy Kaufman and Danny DeVito. 

Dallas - Soap opera. 

The Incredible Hulk - Starring Lou Ferrigno. 

The Love Boat - Television series that was set on a cruise ship. Starring Gavin MacLeod as Captain Merrill Stubing.

I was named after Robin Williams FWIW :)

1 hour ago, Terrier99 said:

You guys made me curious -- I had to look. On March 5, it was Penn Jillette, Andy Gibb, Kevin Connolly and Jake Lloyd -- now how many can say they share a birthday with young Anakin Skywalker? LOL

I was SUPPOSED to be born on Feb. 17. I hung around until March 5. Wonder why my parents stopped at one kid? :) 

March 5th:

My GM was born on that day 1910

My brother was born on that day 1963

My nephew was born on that day 1999

3 of 4 generations! My uncle was born on March 3rd- we missed 4/4 by 2 days!

I'm born in August  (19) but i was very early 'cause i was twin and some complication hit ( i should be deliver in early october) . My sister is born at term a week and 5 years after, then almost 10 years ago my aunt had his son on early August. Till now i didn't know anybody who share my b-day

On 2/3/2017 at 11:25 AM, Screamapillar said:

Michelle gave birth in every month except for February, April, and September. December was her busiest birthin' month. (Which would seemingly explain the lack of September babies)

Because these people be crazy, I wonder if the Duggar girls secretly want to be the first to have a baby in every month.

No June babies either. Anna and her spawn started supplying those (anniversary babies, ugh). If I knew I was a regular pregnancy (I was 4 weeks early), I would have technically been conceived on Smuganna's anniversary, which is also my dad's birthday. But no, I was pretty much conceived during the Cuban Missile Crisis. :tw_astonished:

I was a bit over two weeks early, my due date was November 14th. So I was a Valentine's baby, my parents have admitted it. My brother is a honeymoon baby. It's the way sometimes with families, you can figure out what big event was being celebrated if you count back nine months. :P 

30 minutes ago, Karma said:

My BIL and SIL were having a scheduled csection with their second child. They were given the choice of Friday or Monday, and they chose Monday.  If they'd picked the Friday my niece would have been born on 11/11/11. How cool would that have been?

11/11/11 was my due date with my daughter. I was really hoping she would be born that day (or late December) but knew it was a long shot. My sister's kids were 2 and 3 weeks early. My mom had my sister 2 weeks early. Not sure about me. She found out she was pregnant when I kicked. She figured she was 20 weeks along and I was born exactly 20 weeks later in which case I was right on time but she may not have been 20 weeks along yet so I was probably a little early too. Needless to say I had her 8 days early so no neat birth date but a very special day for me nonetheless. :)

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived