IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Dubiousclaire said:

I think Jill would freak out if Israel wanted to go away to college. 

I suspect that the J. Muffin homeschool curriculum will effectively eliminate that possibility.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Jessa, you have a "personal" conviction that "[your] family" doesn't dance? Do you know the definition of "personal?" Hint: it doesn't include your family.

What if Ben wants to dance? He's supposedly the headship. Wouldn't she have to comply? In that marriage, no. But Jill would step and fetch it if Derick asked it of her, regardless of JB and Mechelle's brainwashing. 

This unintentional slip of the tongue really just illustrates how deep their indoctrination is and how much they really have to overcome to become anything approaching "normal" members of society; reasonably regular clothes aren't fooling anyone who talks to them for a few minutes. 

According to their beliefs they would have to whether they wanted to or not. The Man is head of woman and all that. This makes me Recall the the wedding  dance scene in Fiddler  on the Roof...At first the the wives were horrified but they obeyed. 

3 hours ago, Jesquire said:

Except to hide notes in about past family sexual abuse...

That's why they figured it would never be found:/

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Jason - we're home schooled. We alwasy come home.

Next week - looks like jinger's obituary episode plus... moving her shit to laredo, including a deer head.

Oh Jason, you sassy creature :pb_lol:

Why the hell does Jinger have a deer head?

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Oh Jason, you sassy creature :pb_lol:

Why the hell does Jinger have a deer head?

Some kids have teddy bears, Jinger has a deer head. Wait that's not right, is it? :lol:

Wow, I wonder if Derek can see the disconnect between wanting his son to be a 3rd generation Pistol Pete, and the Duggar approach not only to a form of homeschooling that would make college impossible, but also the kind of sheltering that means the kid have never played real team sports.  Surely a mascot needs to understand the game, no?

PS SUPER happy the Seewald spawn is another boy!  Here's to no more daughters for any Duggars, ever - both because while the cult is bloody awful for boys, it's worse for girls, and I severely believe that a lack of sister-moms will help limit the quiver...

So Jessa, you have a "personal" conviction that "[your] family" doesn't dance? Do you know the definition of "personal?" Hint: it doesn't include your family.
What if Ben wants to dance? He's supposedly the headship. Wouldn't she have to comply? In that marriage, no. But Jill would step and fetch it if Derick asked it of her, regardless of JB and Mechelle's brainwashing. 
This unintentional slip of the tongue really just illustrates how deep their indoctrination is and how much they really have to overcome to become anything approaching "normal" members of society; reasonably regular clothes aren't fooling anyone who talks to them for a few minutes. 

Gosh darn it he can dance if he wants to :)

Seriously, as a musician the idea of not being able to dance is crazy. Moving to the beat of something is so natural.

46 minutes ago, freedom_for_all said:

Gosh darn it he can dance if he wants to :)

Seriously, as a musician the idea of not being able to dance is crazy. Moving to the beat of something is so natural.

Plus, the bible mentions dancing in a positive light on multiple occasions.  You know, like how David danced for the Lord. But Jessa can't even nod her head to the beat of a Christian song, they can't have a first dance with their husbands on their wedding day because...? I really don't know.

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

it's because they are interchangeable and a side note the producers should stop asking the twins anything - all of a sudden they come across more brainwashed than before.  It was shocking how much so. 

Jessa can't and wont' escape because she would be terrified without the cult regardless of who she married 

that was obvious - if Ben wants to rap on stage it's only because he is a man and can do what he wants. but she will rein him in when she sees fit. That was obvious. So both son's in laws lost their balls per say.   But they knew it when they married into the family 

Kind of surprised that the no-dancing "personal conviction" shows its face again, since both Jessa and Jill have posted videos or been filmed encouraging their babies to dance, and didn't we just see Jessa attend Flame's concert? What is the truth??

I think saying the no dancing conviction as a response to asking about the bachelor/bachelorette parties just shows how they are robots who are programmed to repeat/do and not think. I'm sure she thinks SES dancing is super cute and totally okay! But mom and dad say bachelor(ette) parties are evil and Satan's work because alcohol and dancing, so that's the line that gets repeated to the camera. The lack of actual thought in this cult still astounds me sometimes, though I should really know better.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the best line of the episode.  When the producers asked Jin Jer what the escape room exersize teaches a married couple and Jeremy immediately said "Blame shifting".  I totally laughed out loud.  Then Jinger gave the appropriate answer about listening to each other etc and Jeremy actually got to go the blank eyed smile and nod.  That and the silly golf outfit showed me the spunk that was in him that Jinger finds attractive.  I still shouted "Asshole!" at the TV at another moment when he was blathering on before the escape room exersize about how the guys were going to do so well because of all their "smarts" but he's winning the contest of best BIL.  Of course, it's not hard to beat out the other two yahoos, Especially since he's actually well spoken and not a blathering idiot.  

11 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

Cathy's story about going to tell Derick in person that his dad died made me tear up, dammit!  It made me think of when my dad died and I had to tell my Mom and family.

Then I saw Jinger moving a deer head to Loredo, which was odd.

Wasnt the "deer hunting" episode the one where Boob took Jinger in to a deer blind to discuss the birds and the bees?  If so, its a little squicky to bring your deer head from when daddy taught you about sex to your marital home... 

29 minutes ago, JMO said:

I'm surprised no one mentioned the best line of the episode.  When the producers asked Jin Jer what the escape room exersize teaches a married couple and Jeremy immediately said "Blame shifting".  I totally laughed out loud.  Then Jinger gave the appropriate answer about listening to each other etc and Jeremy actually got to go the blank eyed smile and nod.  That and the silly golf outfit showed me the spunk that was in him that Jinger finds attractive.  I still shouted "Asshole!" at the TV at another moment when he was blathering on before the escape room exersize about how the guys were going to do so well because of all their "smarts" but he's winning the contest of best BIL.  Of course, it's not hard to beat out the other two yahoos, Especially since he's actually well spoken and not a blathering idiot.  

I thought Jeremy's outfit was hilarious. As for what the said about their smarts. The girls well, not sure about that one guys wife, but the rest of them only have SOTDRT "diplomas", it was a safe bet that the men were smarter in at least in the book sense.   And why didn't the producers show more of the escape room? That is like the most fun thing those people have ever done. 

12 hours ago, marmalade said:

So, no filmed name announcement during a commercial break tonight? I figured they'd hold out until next week; it looks like I'm right. How stupid. He's not bloody royalty. 

I know, it's super annoying. I'm not sure why they are making this "their thing" to hold out and not telling anyone the name of the baby until days later. I honestly think it makes them look like arrogant jackasses. It's a baby for crying out loud! I feel like this is a sick way to turn your baby into a money maker/ click bait. Just disgusting.....

Also, I don't buy for two seconds that the reason they aren't telling anyone the baby's name is because they haven't decided on a name yet. How many babies down the road will fans actually believe that is true?

16 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

I know, it's super annoying. I'm not sure why they are making this "their thing" to hold out and not telling anyone the name of the baby until days later. I honestly think it makes them look like arrogant jackasses. It's a baby for crying out loud! I feel like this is a sick way to turn your baby into a money maker/ click bait. Just disgusting.....

Also, I don't buy for two seconds that the reason they aren't telling anyone the baby's name is because they haven't decided on a name yet. How many babies down the road will fans actually believe that is true?

Well, and when this is their whole life and purpose, yeah...stupid to not have a name, especially twice! (once I can see...)

13 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Come on...from Jackson on down, they were all "money bait"...AND COUNTING. The only reason they have had any shows at all is because of the their numbers (and growing). 

Also, it's why the current show should fail. There is nothing special or unique about young 20's couples, marrying and having a couple of children. Nothing. If they each had 12 kids and had to work to support them, provide for and meet all of the family's needs, that might be a bit more interesting, but the current show and premise, nope.

They learned child exploitation from the best, JB Duggar.

2 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Well, and when this is their whole life and purpose, yeah...stupid to not have a name, especially twice! (once I can see...)

The Seewalds should have given them a number, and called it a day. Because how important will each child really be, and a number is no more ludicrous than Spurgeon.

20 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

You don't think for one second that Jessa doesn't know that her children are click bait as you say. 

She knows and she uses it.  She may adore the children but she is not stupid and that comes across every time she posts a new picture of Spud and now number 2. 

Its' a game with her.  Money being the end game 

Yesterday's episode was more of an eye opener with the way she was covering Ben's mouth than ever before. She at least doesn't to appear as to have lost it as to Jill who constantly looks like she wants to cry. 

I have no problem believing that they actually haven't named him yet (or hadn't as of yesterday). Some people really struggle with names, some people want to actually see the kid before naming it, and sometimes people have a certain name picked out but then once the baby emerges, "He just doesn't look like a _______ !" and they have to start over from scratch. I don't think they're getting much extra attention out of it, to be honest. The world isn't waiting with bated breath to find out what Ben and Jessa Seewald name their second son. They'd probably get an equal number of clicks/views from their followers just from releasing more photos of him, if that's what they're after.

22 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

It's very juvenile , IMHO.  "We know something you don't know!"   Give me a break, this baby didn't appear on the doorstep. The way they take pregnancy tests, she knew she was preggers within two weeks of conceiving. They had a name picked out months ago! Marketing ploy.

11 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Dear God, Jeremy said Season of Life! What is in the water? 

A friend recently sighed that she didn't like having to work at her outside-the-home job, "but it's only for a season," meaning that she could quit when her 7th & youngest child graduates from college.  

All I could think was, "oh dear me, and this woman was a guest in my home!" And then I remembered she and her husband had never sat down all the time they were at the party.  I guess they avoided any heathen cooties. 

Come to think if it they didn't have anything to eat or drink, either.  Can't be too careful. 

12 hours ago, Dubiousclaire said:

Don't they go to tons of college football games? According to social media they do. They can't pick up some common terminology, by reading a program or listening to announcements. 

Oh, @Dubiousclaire-- you know Duggars don't read!!!! 

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

Kind of surprised that the no-dancing "personal conviction" shows its face again, since both Jessa and Jill have posted videos or been filmed encouraging their babies to dance, and didn't we just see Jessa attend Flame's concert? What is the truth??

its convenient when they are asked point blank - otherwise they can do what they want and no one will call them out 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived