IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

2 hours ago, Dubiousclaire said:

I can never remember which J* boy it is, but one of them always comes sorta close to the answer, but not quite correct. Almost like he can't let on that he actually knows wordly stuff. Maybe the one who went to one semester of crown college. 

I think it might be Josiah? The one with the really bad skin and receding hairline who always comes the closest to the answer. Josiah had the failed courtship with Marjoire. Joseph went to "college" and has no personality, or a brain. He is the one who looks a little like Kit from Napoleon Dynamite. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just caught up with episode three. So sad to see Jeremy's books relegated to a closet so Jessa could put  a bunch of kitschy crap in the living room. It highlights the Duggars focus on image over substance. I couldn't tell what titles were in his bookshelf but it looks like Jeremy actually reads more than the bible. 

I hope the moment he got home from the airport he put the big bookshelves back in the living room. 

As a lifelong reader I agree with Jeremy books should be front and center, easily accessible and add, not detract from a room. 

My second "grrrr" moment was when Jessa rejected Jeremy's Rembrandt as being too dark and not consistent with Jinger's light and bright theme. Sure, why not put up family painted pictures that look done by a middle schooler and gaudy Texas to Arkansas craft projects on the walls instead of a classic painting? Heaven forbid a touch of culture, education or class pollute the marital home!  

Did anyone else pause a moment when Jeremy said he didn't mind the redo of his apartment because he was "... getting a wife."? I thought it was a bit generic. Many men who are really into their fiancee would say something along the lines of, "I am so happy I am getting Jinger as my wife" or "I can't wait for Jinger to be my wife." "A wife" just made Jinger sound like an interchangeable piece of plumbing. 

Hopefully Jeremy is more relaxed and warmer off camera. 

26 minutes ago, JessaBlessa said:

I had to laugh when Ben said he had played some "putt-putt" golf.  Yes, Ben, we all remember.  :output_eeMbjt:

Poor Ben. I'm sure that he had some traumatic flashbacks when he saw the putter. 

55 minutes ago, LovelyLuna said:

they covered the camera when they tried to take the screws off the hinges. How sad that they feel the need to hide something in an exercise to do whatever you can to reach the end goal. 

They covered the camera because you don't have free reign to break things or take them apart to move forward in the game. If whatever it is needs a key to open it, you cannot take the hinges off to get inside. They will immediately stop the game and you will end up paying for the damage. You are told before the game you can't break the rules and be allowed to continue. You have to sign an agreement to be responsible for any damage you cause prior to playing. I was informed of all of this before I was allowed to enter the room. 

2 minutes ago, socalrules said:

They covered the camera because you don't have free reign to break things or take them apart to move forward in the game. If whatever it is needs a key to open it, you cannot take the hinges off to get inside. They will immediately stop the game and you will end up paying for the damage. You are told before the game you can't break the rules and be allowed to continue. You have to sign an agreement to be responsible for any damage you cause prior to playing. I was informed of all of this before I was allowed to enter the room. 

well then, that makes it worse. disrespectful. 

4 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

I dunno, there are a lot of people who post cruel, sexist things on Twitter because they are, in fact, cruel, sexist people, no trauma required. I'm willing to believe that Derrick really is just a bunghole.

I feel like last night's episode was attempting to show a sensitive (vs. fundie asshat) side to both Derick and Cathy.  We already knew Derick's father's death affected him a great deal - for which I don't blame him a bit - and there has been at least one other episode that covered the family's Pistol Pete history.  So I think they were working on public image.

1 hour ago, Pancakes@Tiffany's said:

I think it might be Josiah? The one with the really bad skin and receding hairline who always comes the closest to the answer. Josiah had the failed courtship with Marjoire. Joseph went to "college" and has no personality, or a brain. He is the one who looks a little like Kit from Napoleon Dynamite. 

It was Joe who went to Crown, not Josiah.

21 hours ago, Lurker said:

The problem with the towel picture is for me, being pregnant and having babies is their only reason for existence.  It is their sole job, and they troll for attention with twin talk, do pregnancy selfies and post parenting tips.  In addition they do nothing without a contract to sell pictures and access to their crotch fruit. (Thank you to the person that first used this!)

I don't think it is BEC to think that in a house of many adults who have done nothing for months except talk about Jessa's baby, that a baby outfit would be available for the photo to introduce their overdue click- bait baby to the world.

But my point was that, to me, a baby outfit doesn't make the baby more click-bait, more cute, or more anything. It's not like there's a stigma or some unspoken advice floating around out there that babies who get dressed faster have better moms. I get your point, too, though. Just not how I look at it.

21 hours ago, Casserole said:

My issue with Spurge's photo wasn't the towel, just the famewhoring of "Jessa is hemorrhaging and being transferred to the emergency room for blood transfusions but OMG the world needs a picture NOW so let's wrap him up in this towel he was caught in and send it out STAT." 

New baby's picture seems to indicate a calmer birth with time at their leisure to dress him. 

I know there was a "race" with Spurge when the seaweed sister tried to release info for attention, but there were so many other things that should have taken priority at that moment. 

Well, I am very into snapshots and would expect someone to snap a picture early after my baby was born, even if I WAS hemorrhaging. Hemorrhage after birth isn't that rare. I know my sister's midwife carries Pitocin that is only used to control hemorrhaging (which was actually Pitocin's original intended use). Of course, she would very likely go to a hospital as well just to double-check everything is okay. But maybe I just look at differently because I never took Jessa's birth situation to be that big of an emergency (except for the fact that she didn't use a CNM or other highly qualified midwife; that makes me cringe). Again, I'm not defending Jessa; just trying to explain that I personally don't feel like that particular point is worth ragging on. Everyone else can have at it, though! haha

21 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

It's not so much about babies being dressed for their first pictures. The towel that poor Spurgie was wrapped in had seen better days. It looked old and not very soft. That why we were all puzzled. 

Okay, that I can kind of understand. 

2 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

well then, that makes it worse. disrespectful. 

We are talking the Duggars. When haven't they been disrespectful in new situations?

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

Jessa also hasn't really been tested either. Her only real tests weren't even her fault (the molestation and bleeding out). She was downright militant in the Megyn Kelly interview; she only felt victimized by the evil librul media. She has a TV show, free house,  pays minimal bills, and has a cadre of mini sister moms at her Beck and call to babysit her crotchfruit.

Jill moved to Danger America, and it broke her. Let's see how Jinger fares. I think Jeremy is more stable than Derick, so she might have a shot at not crumbling without direct access to her cult.

Texas and DCA are two different places.  Jill probably will never release what happened there besides the shower rack. 

I am sure if a shower rack fell in Jinger's home she would jump up and down and just deal with it. 

I think Jeremy is more authoritative than Derick who seems likes he needs to be put back in a cage 

4 minutes ago, nst said:

Texas and DCA are two different places.  Jill probably will never release what happened there besides the shower rack. 

A part of me (the one that is slightly nice) does feel sorry for Jill being sad. In their culture she's not allowed to be sad. However, if she was truly terrified and didn't want to be there, she wasn't allowed to show it. 

I think Jinger will do ok in Laredo, but I don't expect much freedom. I'd be shocked if she wasn't already a few months pregnant.

Ratings: 1.165M/.31 share

So, Jessa's spawning gained them about 100k new eyeballs. Probably hoping for the name that never came. Instead, they got old Jilly Muffin news: did you know it's a boy? 

11 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Ratings: 1.165M/.31 share

So, Jessa's spawning gained them about 100k new eyeballs. Probably hoping for the name that never came. Instead, they got old Jilly Muffin news: did you know it's a boy? 

And how it's different than Israel? And all other kinds of boring stuff. 

Nah, the Jilly Muffin "it's a boy" announcement was what we saw from TLC last week. Nothing new to see there, other than the announcer said that they had just annoucned to the family (means they taped the scavenger hunt). But no, it was Dreck in that awful cowboy hat and Muffy in her frumpy outfit. 

I can't believe that they taped for TLC in socks and bare feet as we saw in the still shot, which they opened with. 

13 hours ago, JMO said:

When the producers asked Jin Jer what the escape room exersize teaches a married couple and Jeremy immediately said "Blame shifting".

That is what any newly-married person would think is a normal response.:my_confused:

I'm surprised the duggars don't do more with their youtube channel, unless it is conflict with their TLC contract, because they could make a lot of money with clickbate and short videos. Oh yeah...lazy.

I wonder when they'll show Austin and Joy's courtship on the show... they seemed to promote the hell out of that clip of them in the woods in the promos they released but there hasn't even been a slight mention of it on the show

Plus, I'd always thought the courtship had started about a month or so before the wedding but it looks like they're gonna show the wedding before the courtship

I find it kind of weird that TLC hasn't used that already since it seems it'll bring views... who knows what goes through the producers heads 

I finally saw the episode. I would have hated to be in the escape room with those people. Too much times standing around looking at one clue instead of someone always looking for more clues at all times. 

I would totally hang out with Jeremy's friends. They just seemed so normal and fun. What's interesting is that Jeremy seemed much more at ease with them than he has ever appeared on the show. There was a real joy when he interacted with him. They obviously knew him from his college and/or soccer days when he was different. I wonder what they think of all this madness now. My guess is that they are good friends who are there even if their friend changes from the way they have always known him. Hopefully, they are also those friends that can call him on his s*** if necessary. Maybe Jinger will one day get the chance to have such good friends. 

I finally saw the episode. I would have hated to be in the escape room with those people. Too much times standing around looking at one clue instead of someone always looking for more clues at all times. 
I would totally hang out with Jeremy's friends. They just seemed so normal and fun. What's interesting is that Jeremy seemed much more at ease with them than he has ever appeared on the show. There was a real joy when he interacted with him. They obviously knew him from his college and/or soccer days when he was different. I wonder what they think of all this madness now. My guess is that they are good friends who are there even if their friend changes from the way they have always known him. Hopefully, they are also those friends that can call him on his s*** if necessary. Maybe Jinger will one day get the chance to have such good friends. 

I was thinking the same thing, I wonder what his friends say in private about him picking up a girl who grew up on a cable freak show. I feel like they have to have given him crap about it. Of course you'll ultimately support your friend but, no denying it's a crazy situation. Jeremy sounds so fake in his TH monologues/interviews. It sounds like he's speaking unnaturally slow to ensure that he is intentional about each word he says like he's following the kiss-JBoobs-butt script.

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

I wonder when they'll show Austin and Joy's courtship on the show... they seemed to promote the hell out of that clip of them in the woods in the promos they released but there hasn't even been a slight mention of it on the show

Plus, I'd always thought the courtship had started about a month or so before the wedding but it looks like they're gonna show the wedding before the courtship

I find it kind of weird that TLC hasn't used that already since it seems it'll bring views... who knows what goes through the producers heads 

The courtship was announced a week or two after Jinger's wedding so I would assume it'll be shown after the wedding episode. Seems that the wedding won't be the big finale of the season like they normally are.

Everyone deals with grief differently, Derick certainly wouldn't be the first to go ultra-religious. I guess though, if it was me, I wouldn't feel comforted by God, I'd be asking why he was punishing me by taking my dad and letting my mom get so sick.  But then you have to have a lifeline, something/anything to cling to.

I lost my mom this last Sept. Almost immediately I couldn't cope with even the smallest stressors, plus nightmares and insomnia. Her passing wasn't pretty.  But as soon as my husband saw that I was really not handling anything, he insisted on therapy, or he was having me put on a 3 day psych hold. Harsh? Yeah, but also necessary. I still see a counselor every week and found a combo of good meds. 

Its one thing to be grieving. It's another to be grieving and lashing out at others because you refuse to get appropriate treatment. Obviously for Derick the Bible isn't working.

2 hours ago, Ampak said:

I was thinking the same thing, I wonder what his friends say in private. Of course you'll ultimately support your friend but, no denying it's a crazy situation. Jeremy sounds so fake in his TH monologues/interviews. It sounds like he's speaking unnaturally slow to ensure that he is intentional about each word he says like he's following the kiss-JBoobs-butt script.

Is it banned to speculate on anyone's sexuality even non-family members? Cause Jeremy acts a bit gay. I mean he seems kind of obsessed with fashion like that flamboyant golf outfit he wore. Also he hugged his friend very intensely I think during the escape room. And weren't there prior rumors? I could be 100% off though. And sorry if this isn't allowed, oops. 

1 minute ago, VeganCupcake said:

Is it banned to speculate on anyone's sexuality even non-family members? Cause Jeremy acts a bit gay. I mean he seems kind of obsessed with fashion like that flamboyant golf outfit he wore. Also he hugged his friend very intensely I think during the escape room. And weren't there prior rumors? I could be 100% off though. And sorry if this isn't allowed, oops. 

It is only forbiden ti talk obout Kids still living at home, but it's not nice either way

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

It is only forbiden ti talk obout Kids still living at home, but it's not nice either way

Well I didn't mean it as an insult, and he chose to join the rest of the Duggars in making a career out of seeking public attention so I think he can handle a little scrutiny. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived