IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

15 minutes ago, Helena Handbaket said:

It's very juvenile , IMHO.  "We know something you don't know!"   Give me a break, this baby didn't appear on the doorstep. The way they take pregnancy tests, she knew she was preggers within two weeks of conceiving. They had a name picked out months ago! Marketing ploy.

Plus, if they are planning on having umpteen kids, they should have a long ass list by now!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On top of the comments others have contributed, I was annoyed with the following things in last night's episode:

Jessa's hideous eyeliner that extended off the sides of her eyes.

Jinger's  gross gum chewing with her mouth open in the car with Jeremy.

Jeremy giving a full frontal, long hug to his friend's wife.

Josie's participation in the jewelry making activity.  Jordyn, Jennifer, and Johanna were excluded and did not get to do this with the older girls.  Josie clearly gets special treatment.

28 minutes ago, Helena Handbaket said:

It's very juvenile , IMHO.  "We know something you don't know!"   Give me a break, this baby didn't appear on the doorstep. The way they take pregnancy tests, she knew she was preggers within two weeks of conceiving. They had a name picked out months ago! Marketing ploy.

And she has such a controlling personality, she very likely knows the name she wants, but as we saw with Spurgeon, I think this is one area where Ben does insert his authority. It looks like it worked for him the first time, I'm betting he is trying it again.

Actually I have no problem with them waiting a week to announce the name. It's smart. They don't have any real source of income besides TLC so I would do the same thing if I was trapped like that. I waited 3 days to announce it on Facebook (that we had a kid) and made my parents wait half a day on the name because I promised my daughter that she would be the first to know. 

I think they won't dance because they believe it'll tempt others to sinful actions (such as dancing with a non-spouse) or lustful thoughts while watching.  Not the same with babies, who are dancing by themselves anyway.  Am not suggesting this is normal.

Best line, IMO, was from Jeremy.  While Jinger was explaining how couples should pay attention to each other, Jeremy interrupted by saying they should listen without interrupting.

Are the boy twins allowed to say anything without the other nearby?  I like those two though - seems like they're totally messing with the interviewers.

16 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Are the boy twins allowed to say anything without the other nearby?  I like those two though - seems like they're totally messing with the interviewers.

I get that impression with Si, Joy , Jed & Jer, & now Jason (I always confuse Jed & Jason, those 2 could be identical twins), they always kind of play dumb or say something a bit sweet but snarky, in that southern belle 'aren't you precious' kind of way.  Joe & JD while not Smuggar annoying seem like they don't have enough personality  or brains between the two of them to light a match. 

13 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Bah! Jinger moving with a deer head in tow reminds me of the opening of the Beverly Hillbillies show. 

Oh, but wait! Doesn't Joy Anna supposedly hunt with Austin? Maybe deer heads will become a new tradition?

Oh gah....I  can't even read more.

People who grow up in their bubble don't know (or care) what homecoming is or how to play golf. They memorize Proverbs and raising siblings. We get it. They don't know "normal" stuff.

Please, pleasee, for the love of Pistol Pete find some new story lines! UGH Test patterns were more interesting (back in the day)

Can't wait to hear what Spurgie 2 is named. Chesterton? Swindoll? (yes, there's a pun there)  I can't even think of some.....Leviticus?

I loved Jeremy's golf suit and the full frontal hug he gave his friend's wife. I think Jinger might enjoy life in Laredo in ways her HolySiblings will never experience. Jeremy is an ooey gooey fundie, but he has some pizzazz. 

6 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I loved Jeremy's golf suit and the full frontal hug he gave his friend's wife. I think Jinger might enjoy life in Laredo in ways her HolySiblings will never experience. Jeremy is an ooey gooey fundie, but he has some pizzas. 

I really hope they keep up the media silence and then reappear  in a year or two. Even though they'll still be fundie, I feel like Jinger will be so much more worldly/open/have some personality. 

One can hope. 

12 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I really hope they keep up the media silence and then reappear  in a year or two. Even though they'll still be fundie, I feel like Jinger will be so much more worldly/open/have some personality. 

One can hope. 

Reappear in a year or 2, childless.

My take on the in laws 

Derrick-- is hurt. Hurt people, hurt people. And that's what all his aggressive tweets are about. He can't hurt his wife, his family, his son. So he is channeling all that hurt into social media and that's why it's coming across like he's a total ass. He should try therapy. Try having some time with friends without Jill always at his side. Meditation. Massage. He looks like he is in serious need of some Caribbean sunshine and food. They have money. Book a trip to Jamaica and enjoy the herbs.

Ben-FreeBen should be the brother page to this one. That boy just wants to enjoy life a little. I give them 2 more kids before he looses it. 

Jeremy-- Is playing sweet for cameras. Time will tell. But he knows he runs ish. 

I dunno, there are a lot of people who post cruel, sexist things on Twitter because they are, in fact, cruel, sexist people, no trauma required. I'm willing to believe that Derrick really is just a bunghole.

5 hours ago, nst said:

it's because they are interchangeable and a side note the producers should stop asking the twins anything - all of a sudden they come across more brainwashed than before.  It was shocking how much so. 

Jessa can't and wont' escape because she would be terrified without the cult regardless of who she married 

that was obvious - if Ben wants to rap on stage it's only because he is a man and can do what he wants. but she will rein him in when she sees fit. That was obvious. So both son's in laws lost their balls per say.   But they knew it when they married into the family 

Since Ben seemed to have won the fight and they named their first child Spurgeon, I think we can safely say he still has balls as that definitely took some.

I thought that Jeremy's golf outfit was ridiculous.  He said that he has only played twice, and I'm sure he will never wear it again.  I'm assuming that TLC set up a staged plot with the guys going golfing and bought him those silly clothes.  Most of the men had very limited golf experience and didn't seem to enjoy themselves.

Derick seems traumatized by his dad's death, and I feel bad for him.  It seems like he is in a lot of pain. 

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

A friend recently sighed that she didn't like having to work at her outside-the-home job, "but it's only for a season," meaning that she could quit when her 7th & youngest child graduates from college.  

All I could think was, "oh dear me, and this woman was a guest in my home!" And then I remembered she and her husband had never sat down all the time they were at the party.  I guess they avoided any heathen cooties. 

Come to think if it they didn't have anything to eat or drink, either.  Can't be too careful. 

Oh, @Dubiousclaire-- you know Duggars don't read!!!! 

Oh that is right... Only the holy book.  I guess they didn't describe Easter as a homecoming.

Derick is likely still in pain about his dad. However, that does not give him free reign to be an asshole. If I were him, my mindset would be "life is too short to be mean" and yet Derick is doing nothing but spreading hate. He's judgmental, holier than thou, and just plain mean. Many people have lost their parents at all ages and it hurts, there's no pain like it. I feel very sorry for him but he needs to deal with that. He needs to see a professional who can help him work through it. He doesn't need to keep the pain inside. 

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I get that impression with Si, Joy , Jed & Jer, & now Jason (I always confuse Jed & Jason, those 2 could be identical twins), they always kind of play dumb or say something a bit sweet but snarky, in that southern belle 'aren't you precious' kind of way.  Joe & JD while not Smuggar annoying seem like they don't have enough personality  or brains between the two of them to light a match. 

I can never remember which J* boy it is, but one of them always comes sorta close to the answer, but not quite correct. Almost like he can't let on that he actually knows wordly stuff. Maybe the one who went to one semester of crown college. 

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Derick is likely still in pain about his dad. However, that does not give him free reign to be an asshole. If I were him, my mindset would be "life is too short to be mean" and yet Derick is doing nothing but spreading hate. He's judgmental, holier than thou, and just plain mean. Many people have lost their parents at all ages and it hurts, there's no pain like it. I feel very sorry for him but he needs to deal with that. He needs to see a professional who can help him work through it. He doesn't need to keep the pain inside. 

I wonder if his father's death is the reason why Derick became so religious. I mean he reached out to JB to be a prayer partner did he not have anyone in his family he can be prayer partners with. 

Lol at Jeremy's first answer to the producer's questions about the escape room skills useful in marriage. "Blame shifting". Pretty good joke, for a fundie (or maybe just funny for me idk :D ). I know some of you think he's creepy and weird, and his elopement with a Duggar does not say anything good about him, but I have a soft spot for him. He's got some spark and I hope he'll be good for Jinger. His golf outfit was also pretty snarkworthy. 

8 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I wonder if his father's death is the reason why Derick became so religious. I mean he reached out to JB to be a prayer partner did he not have anyone in his family he can be prayer partners with. 

Cathy seems to be religious and not in a good way. However, it may have had a great part in Derick's feelings about his religion. He might have needed it. 

Totally superficial comment from last night's show: Cathy has the most amazing bone structure. If only she hadn't raised a son who turned out to be such a nut. I thought it was kind of weird how she brought up, in front of cameras, that she went to that room to tell Derick that his Dad had died. Especially after they'd had that actually sweet moment with the initials in the cement. What an emotional rollercoaster.

5 hours ago, Feministe9000 said:

http://wtffundiefamilies.tumblr.com/

I know alot of us have checked out this website before, but the blogger has been doing some awesome screen capped recaps of the most recent Counting On episodes and it is hilarious!

If you haven't check it out :)

Looking at the screen grabs from last week's episode reminded me.  They weighed and measured Izzy, a toddler, fully dressed with shoes on, on an adult scale.  No,  No. No. No.  Granted, this is probably his only check up ever (which is something else entirely) but this drove me nuts.  And they rounded the height?  I can't.  I measure babies and toddlers as part of my job and this drives me bat crap crazy.  This reinforces to me what a crap doctor that guy is. 

4 hours ago, nst said:

You don't think for one second that Jessa doesn't know that her children are click bait as you say. 

She knows and she uses it.  She may adore the children but she is not stupid and that comes across every time she posts a new picture of Spud and now number 2. 

Its' a game with her.  Money being the end game 

Yesterday's episode was more of an eye opener with the way she was covering Ben's mouth than ever before. She at least doesn't to appear as to have lost it as to Jill who constantly looks like she wants to cry. 

Jessa also hasn't really been tested either. Her only real tests weren't even her fault (the molestation and bleeding out). She was downright militant in the Megyn Kelly interview; she only felt victimized by the evil librul media. She has a TV show, free house,  pays minimal bills, and has a cadre of mini sister moms at her Beck and call to babysit her crotchfruit.

Jill moved to Danger America, and it broke her. Let's see how Jinger fares. I think Jeremy is more stable than Derick, so she might have a shot at not crumbling without direct access to her cult.

I  do not feel bad for Derick at all. It's hard to lose a parent, but like others said, that doesn't give you free reign to be an asshole. His mother has equally disgusting religious beliefs so I don't know if we can blame his passing on triggering those, unless they both fell into the hateful bigot way. 

Holy tomato sauce and deer head batman. I can’t believe that the girls got further then the guys.

they covered the camera when they tried to take the screws off the hinges. How sad that they feel the need to hide something in an exercise to do whatever you can to reach the end goal. the parental unites did a number on these kids.

I can’t decide if I’m glad Izzy is getting some sort of fruit and veg, or horrified that he is eating straight up proceeded tomato puree from a can. 

Germs can't have books but Jinger brings a deer head? where are they putting it? Next to the Rembrandt? 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived