IGNORED

Maxwell 7: Still boring

Destiny

On 03/14/2017 at 0:26 AM, MamaJunebug said:

Now why wouldn't Stevo want to distribute thru Christian specialty bookstores? Hmm...

It might be less of a matter of Steve not allowing it and more of a matter of the Christian bookshops not wanting it. The 'Christian' publishing and music industries are happy to peddle some fairly atrocious pap, but  Sarah's writing is outstandingly awful even going by their standards.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, uber frau said:

It might be less of a matter of Steve not allowing it and more of a matter of the Christian bookshops not wanting it. The 'Christian' publishing and music industries are happy to peddle some fairly atrocious pap, but  Sarah's writing is outstandingly awful even going by their standards.

Most bookstores will not accept independently published books. At any rate, there are so few bookstores left in this country, an indie author like Sarah is better off concentrating on online sales. But she isn't on social media and she doesn't have her own blog or website. Another avenue she could pursue are homeschooling conventions, but she doesn't do those, either. She sells books through her family's website and her family's ever-dwindling number of conferences. A lot of people also discovered the Maxwells via the Duggar family. This gave Sarah a decent platform when she started out, but it's not enough now, especially if she is publishing a new series. Where/how is her potential audience going to find her?

1 hour ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Most bookstores will not accept independently published books. At any rate, there are so few bookstores left in this country, an indie author like Sarah is better off concentrating on online sales. But she isn't on social media and she doesn't have her own blog or website. Another avenue she could pursue are homeschooling conventions, but she doesn't do those, either. She sells books through her family's website and her family's ever-dwindling number of conferences. A lot of people also discovered the Maxwells via the Duggar family. This gave Sarah a decent platform when she started out, but it's not enough now, especially if she is publishing a new series. Where/how is her potential audience going to find her?

Better they don't find her.  Let her do more photography and less of what some may call writing.

From the latest Seriously Dads:

I spoke to a dad recently who used to give guest lectures to junior and senior public high school classes on a financial topic. He always began with the question, “Does anyone know what ten percent of $50 is?” After many lectures, he said he never had a student correctly answer the question. 

I call bullshit on this one! 

Look, I understand that he thinks homeschooling is superior, and that's fine. But does he (or anyone for that matter) really believe that kids in public school learn nothing at all?! Please!

"Where is your marriage at?"

i couldn't get through the rest of the post bc I was so hung up on the terrible grammar of the opening sentence.... 

9 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

"Where is your marriage at?"

i couldn't get through the rest of the post bc I was so hung up on the terrible grammar of the opening sentence.... 

I was startled by this as well. I also don't understand Teri feeling like it's a big deal to be able to sneak away from home for a night or two and be alone with her husband. Teri sounds more like she has toddlers at home than adult children. They live in a prison of their own making I swear! 

That challenged Steve and me because we so cherish occasional opportunities to get away alone together. 

Fuck that, Teri.  You would have plenty of time alone together, away or at home, if you let your adult children off the damn leash.  Set them free!   I can't be bothered to read the rest of that drivel but I did notice another affiliate link in that post.

Over to Steve.  Steve if a (probably fictional) dad said that, I call bullshit too.  You are not that gullible. It's far more likely that you made it up yourself - and I wish you would stop fibbing.

If reading is important for our children, is it important for us parents? In this age of video everything, do we read? Do we read the Bible, and do we read other beneficial books?

What "beneficial" books, other than the Bible, the Moody books, and Steve and Teri's own crap, does Stevo recommend - I'd love to know.

Perhaps Teri and Steve would be to have more alone time together if they let their several adult children to move out. Morons. 

Teri's post about getting away reminded me of my Facebook friends who are young mothers. You know; the ones with ACTUAL CHILDREN at home, making it ACTUALLY somewhat difficult for them to have a date, let alone a weekend getaway. The only thing missing from Teri's post is fretting over finding a sitter or thanking grandma for keeping the kids*.

*I am sure Melanie and Anna Marie watched the five youngest children and Grandma was ready to provide backup. Five kids CAN be a handful, after all. 

From the latest Seriously Dads:
I spoke to a dad recently who used to give guest lectures to junior and senior public high school classes on a financial topic. He always began with the question, “Does anyone know what ten percent of $50 is?” After many lectures, he said he never had a student correctly answer the question. 
I call bullshit on this one! 
Look, I understand that he thinks homeschooling is superior, and that's fine. But does he (or anyone for that matter) really believe that kids in public school learn nothing at all?! Please!

...?

It's $5?

Nice try, Steve.

Not only does the horrific grammar make my eye twitch, but why does Teri start with the negative?! "Where is your marriage at? THE PITS? A step away from separation?" Nothing says Maxhell like reminding any couples looking for 'advice' that everything is shitty.

13 minutes ago, JoyfulSel said:

Not only does the horrific grammar make my eye twitch, but why does Teri start with the negative?! "Where is your marriage at? THE PITS? A step away from separation?" Nothing says Maxhell like reminding any couples looking for 'advice' that everything is shitty.

It says a lot about their marriage. 

One silver lining out of Coward Steve and Griselda Teri's going out of town...the elderly didn't have to listen to Steve's bullshit on Sun unless he face timed the sermon.

I wonder, now that the parents are gone for the night, what will the kidults do?

Will they indulge and binge eat on animal crackers or will they start a new exciting project around the house?  

Maybe  kidults will clean the ceiling fans in bikinis, play rock music, and smoke a little weed.  One can only hope!

7 hours ago, Granwych said:

Maybe  kidults will clean the ceiling fans in bikinis, play rock music, and smoke a little weed.  One can only hope!

Beer pong at the Maxwells' basement!!

I don't know how good the Maxwell's  math homeschooling is, but i'm pretty sure any highschooler would kick their butt in everything. I'd like to see how much pre calculus those kidults know. It would be pretty sad to have an engineer stay at home dad who doesnt teach you math.

OK, I am going to be a total bitchy snark queen and say...I can't believe how much Teri has aged in the last 10 years.  Holy cow.

IMO, she looks 70 or over in that pic.  Isn't she in her very early 60's?  I know several women that age, and none of them looks that old.  None.  I have friends in their mid-70's who look WAY younger.  Living with Stevehovah apparently wears you down, inside and out.

4 hours ago, freejugar said:

I don't know how good the Maxwell's  math homeschooling is, but i'm pretty sure any highschooler would kick their butt in everything. I'd like to see how much pre calculus those kidults know. It would be pretty sad to have an engineer stay at home dad who doesnt teach you math.

I know I've said this before but I would love to see what sort of papers would be produced if you gave the Maxwell grown children 30 minutes each, some lined paper, and an SAT style essay prompt like "Is it possible for a society to be fair to everyone?" or "Is strong moral character the most important qualification for a leader?" 

We already know the syntax and vocabulary would be abysmal, but I don't even know if they could construct an argument or use examples, they're so inexperienced in using any critical thinking skills. 

22 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

That's the same face I would be making if I was about to spend 16 hours in a car with Steve Maxwell, too. :pb_lol:

Screenshot_2017-03-15-12-15-37.png

This made me laugh out loud! 

And I think Teri is one of those people who always look older than they are, remember the wedding picture? Years of keeping it sweet and meek while inside your soul is screaming from the pain of depression will do that I'm thinking. 

4 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

OK, I am going to be a total bitchy snark queen and say...I can't believe how much Teri has aged in the last 10 years.  Holy cow.

IMO, she looks 70 or over in that pic.  Isn't she in her very early 60's?  I know several women that age, and none of them looks that old.  None.  I have friends in their mid-70's who look WAY younger.  Living with Stevehovah apparently wears you down, inside and out.

She's a couple of months younger than me.  When I saw that latest photo I raced for a mirror to check my wrinkles.  Phew!  Objectively, I think I look a good 10 years younger than Teri.

26 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I know I've said this before but I would love to see what sort of papers would be produced if you gave the Maxwell grown children 30 minutes each, some lined paper, and an SAT style essay prompt like "Is it possible for a society to be fair to everyone?" or "Is strong moral character the most important qualification for a leader?" 

It would be almost cruel to do this to any of them.  Sarah's writing is probably the best, John's slightly better than Joseph's, but Anna's writing skills seem exceptionally bad.  I've seen better from 6th graders.

Well as a public high school grad, I can confirm that not only do I know how to calculate 10% of $50 in my head, but I can even calculate 20% of $50 to figure out how much to tip my hair dresser. Of course I'm sure the Maxwells would never consider spending that much on something so frivolous but it turns out you can budget for those sorts of things while still leading a debt-free life! I even find time to volunteer, despite setting my eyes on the mirror on occasion. [emoji6]

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived