IGNORED

Maxwell 7: Still boring

Destiny

Gotta agree on the new baby photos: Sarah rocks while Princess Chris sucks. The natural light is beautiful and various blueish (is that even a word??) colours very nice. I really like the picture of Nathan and Melanie holdind baby BJ - they look very natural and happy. Maybe the fact that Sarah was taking their picture instead of stick-in-the-ass-Christopher made all the difference and they were able to relax.

Sorry, but I just can't stand Chris. Seeing his toddler girls wear modest floor lenght dresses over their snowpants at dark in a snowstorm (who the fuck did he think was out there waiting to be defrauded?!?)  was the last nail in his coffin.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The nicknames irrationally bothers me. The only acceptable time to be called BJ is if your last name is Hunnicutt. 

14 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

The pictures were nice. The blog post, however, was so badly written it's startling. How can Steve and Terrie read blog posts like that and still believe that homeschooling was the right choice for their children? 

Because they read so little (other than the KJV), they don't know any different. Difference?

On 3/11/2017 at 6:34 PM, Tangy Bee said:

Are these books in Barnes & Noble or they in Christian book stores?? I'd like to get my hads on one. Check out her writing style.

Interesting question -- we know they're not in libraries because that's like stealing. And we know that a thousand tiny avenging angels swat a person to pain with their tiny halos if a person attempts to photocopy a page. 

Now why wouldn't Stevo want to distribute thru Christian specialty bookstores? Hmm...

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Far, far better than Christopher's attempts and the natural light and poses are so much better.   I wish Sarah had skipped the un-cute swaddle pic and the all important chin on hands pic.  Young Benjamin (perhaps they have rethought calling him BJ) has a WTF expression in the first and looks grumpy in the second.

Why, as babies love being swaddled so much, does Melanie not swaddle her own child?

How many Maxwells does it take to change a light bulb?  

• 1 family meeting to note that the light needs changing, make a plan, and put it on the Schedule.
  •  
  • [snipped for length]
  • 1 Maxwell to post the evidence of whole exciting event on the blog.

All of them?

Does the 1 taking the photo remind everyone to smile manically?  Because that could be another job for another Maxie. Maybe Ruthanne "Side-eye" Max??

I do have a question about the light fixture in what appears to be Nathan and Melanie's bedroom. Do you suppose that gauzey fabric was added for purposes of the shoot? Or is it always there? Would it be a fire hazard? It's a pretty cool idea, I've just never seen anything like it before!

I know that Jessica, Faye and Rebecca (the mom) spot "Taylor" books in the Wa-La shop... maybe there is some kind of special arrangement where any money obtained from purchasing a Taylor book goes directly to Papa Taylor himself? Papa Taylor agrees that his books can be displayed in the shop as long as he gets the money. 

There can be a whole load of stuff in there. A compilation of all of Big Salad Lady's notebook doodles... Taylor blog highlights...  plus of course the sought-after Wa-La Cookbook. Other stuff mentioned in the restaurant thread included bulk pregnancy testing kits, ChorePacks, selfie sticks and headbands with giant ribbons/flowers/cabbages, among other items. 

Ok no snark. The picture of Melanie and baby is genuinely cute. Some babies look like miniature old people because their faces are naturally expressive, Benjamin seems to be one of them. 

I have been making dehydrated apple and sweet potato slices for my sister's dog. He seems to love them and I haven't heard anything negative about their use. Tons of liver treats seems like a bit much for a dog's system.  Speaking as an unrepentant foie gras connoisseur, it's a VERY occasional treat, as is chicken liver pate.

I'm glad the Lord intervened and Sarah, Anna, and Mary were able to rearrange their busy, hectic, schedules to help Teri polish the cabinets. What else do the kidults have to do? Did they have to push back the ceiling fan cleaning? Vacuuming floors? Weight lifting? Bible study? Did the seasonal mattress flipping get pushed back a day?  They don't have "friends", they don't have jobs... Except if you could waiting on Prince Charming as a job. They are keepers at home in training... They should have plenty of time to help Teri. 

11 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

• 1 family meeting to note that the light needs changing, make a plan, and put it on the Schedule.
  • 1 Maxwell to deliver the new light bulb.
  • 1 Maxwell to take the new bulb out of the package.
  • 1 Maxwell to help unpack the new light bulb.
  • 1 Maxwell to get the ladder.
  • 2 Maxwells to hold the ladder.
  • 1 Maxwell to climb the ladder and unscrew the old bulb.
  • 1 Maxwell to ask the old bulb if it knew where it was going when it died.
  • 1 Maxwell to ask the new bulb if it knows where it will go when it dies.
  • 1 Maxwell to screw in the new bulb and lead the prayers for it.
  • 1 Maxwell to take photos of all the other Maxwells and the light bulbs.
  • 1 Maxwell to post the evidence of whole exciting event on the blog.

All of them?

There's also:

• 1 Maxwell to record the light bulb purchase in the family ledger (unless it was previously recorded as a group purchase)
  • 1 Maxwell to hold the flashlight
  • 1 Maxwell to inspect the new bulb prior to installation
  • 1 Maxwell to record how long the previous bulb lasted, for value assessment and planning
  • 1 Maxwell to turn on the switch to ensure that the new bulb is functional
  • 1 Maxwell to dispose of the old bulb
  • 1 Maxwell to select the bible verse that will accompany the blog post

I recently bought a planner for myself to help keep me together at work and home. I found one that I like through The Happy Planner, which has all sorts of accessories and stickers and stuff so that you can customize your planner to your lifestyle or work needs. 

Anyways, as I was looking around online (and I didn't look that much), I found all sorts of religious accessories for Bible journaling and planning. The Happy Planner even has a Faith Edition, and the company website mentions God. 

You can easily make a home school/SAHM planner that is fun, versatile, colorful, and creative. 

It kind of made me realize how easily much competition was out there for the Maxwells. You can go to Hobby Lobby and buy the Christian Themed Happy Planner (I got mine from Michaels, because I don't shop at Hobby Lobby) for less than the Managers of their Chores and without having to ship it. 

The Maxwells probably have no idea how dull they look in comparison to what is out there. They have a ton of competition, which is a lot more fun and colorful and far less condescending and judgmental - do they realize that? Do they care? Do even think they should adapt? If they are doing these Amazon links, plus working with IBLP, they are likely having issues with demand for their products. Would they have the awareness to see the need to change the focus of their products? 

11 hours ago, Mela99 said:

The nicknames irrationally bothers me. The only acceptable time to be called BJ is if your last name is Hunnicutt. 

Hawkeye's real name was Benjamin Franklin Pierce.

19 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I do have a question about the light fixture in what appears to be Nathan and Melanie's bedroom. Do you suppose that gauzey fabric was added for purposes of the shoot? Or is it always there? Would it be a fire hazard? It's a pretty cool idea, I've just never seen anything like it before!

I don't think it is a light fixture exactly.  It looks like a strand of mini-lights strung through gauzy fabric (I've seen this done at weddings.) The set-up is twined through a wall mounted candelabra with real candles.  You can buy the fabric and mini-lights at Michael's and it is quite safe.  I probably wouldn't light the candles though.

12 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I recently bought a planner for myself to help keep me together at work and home. I found one that I like through The Happy Planner, which has all sorts of accessories and stickers and stuff so that you can customize your planner to your lifestyle or work needs. 

Anyways, as I was looking around online (and I didn't look that much), I found all sorts of religious accessories for Bible journaling and planning. The Happy Planner even has a Faith Edition, and the company website mentions God. 

You can easily make a home school/SAHM planner that is fun, versatile, colorful, and creative. 

It kind of made me realize how easily much competition was out there for the Maxwells. You can go to Hobby Lobby and buy the Christian Themed Happy Planner (I got mine from Michaels, because I don't shop at Hobby Lobby) for less than the Managers of their Chores and without having to ship it. 

The Maxwells probably have no idea how dull they look in comparison to what is out there. They have a ton of competition, which is a lot more fun and colorful and far less condescending and judgmental - do they realize that? Do they care? Do even think they should adapt? If they are doing these Amazon links, plus working with IBLP, they are likely having issues with demand for their products. Would they have the awareness to see the need to change the focus of their products? 

Oooo, I am a planner whore myself and I hadn't even thought of that.  I bet their already nearly non-existent sales of MOTH have dropped precipitously since the planner craze really took off over the last few years.  The funny thing is they'd probably get really into it themselves - there are ten thousand gazillion sticker shops on Etsy and some of them even sell cute little Bible and church stickers that the Maxwells could use multiple times a day.

I don't care how attractive the baby is, wrapping it in cheesecloth always looks terrible in my opinion. Or burlap. Or - anything, really. I just think photos of babies as lumps with heads look weird.

Every time I see a picture of a baby with its body wrapped in gauze I think of the creepy baby from Eraserhead. The resemblance is uncanny... 

Spoiler

eraserheadbaby.gif

Where is the next part of the "buy a house debt free" story? i just can't contain my excitement after that cliffhanger!

1 hour ago, spookytwoshoes said:

Every time I see a picture of a baby with its body wrapped in gauze I think of the creepy baby from Eraserhead. The resemblance is uncanny... 

Reveal hidden contents

eraserheadbaby.gif

oh, that is creepy (I never saw Eraserhead).  actually, swaddled babies make me think of Prince Randian.  I tried to copy in a photo, but I had problems.  anyway, google his name, and you'll find plenty if pictures.

20 hours ago, Dandruff said:

There's also:

• 1 Maxwell to record the light bulb purchase in the family ledger (unless it was previously recorded as a group purchase)

I'm quite confident that Steve stocked up on enough incandescents to last his lifetime, at least, when the ebil gubmint mandated that light bulbs had to meet energy standards. (Fact: incandescent bulbs that meet a certain standard, basically more light than heat, are totally legal. It's just that hardly anyone makes an energy efficient incandescent)

@usmcmom, that was brilliant.  And the fact that you postcount title is "reverencing my cheese paper sandwich" makes it extra special!

I still think that Teri eating the cheese paper sandwich was due to the fact that "take paper off cheese before making sandwich" was not on the Almighty Schedule.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

@usmcmom, that was brilliant.  And the fact that you postcount title is "reverencing my cheese paper sandwich" makes it extra special!

I still think that Teri eating the cheese paper sandwich was due to the fact that "take paper off cheese before making sandwich" was not on the Almighty Schedule.

Bet it is now!!!

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

IMG_5536.JPG

I am watching/listening to The Office as I come across this post.  :D

I love Dwight forever. 

9 hours ago, freejugar said:

Where is the next part of the "buy a house debt free" story? i just can't contain my excitement after that cliffhanger!

In part 2, Steve cuts the lettuce with a pizza cutter and makes a delicious cheese-wrapper sandwich with it for fun and profits.

Does Chris have another job besides photography? I know his home is paid for, but what about utilities, food, and clothes. I imagine Anna is very thrifty

On 3/7/2017 at 4:01 AM, purjolok84 said:

If I had a child called Calia, I might go for Cally. Or maybe Calla Lily, then just Lily, because why not? Just for fun. It's a lovely name. :)

As for Joshua, I've never been enamoured of the name since I found out it's basically the Hebrew translation of Jesus. I look at the kid and I could see calling him Joshy, Jay, Josh, it would suit him so much better ... Calling him by his full name is so formal and so Maxwell it's not funny.

My Joshua is Joshy to his grandma, Josh to his friends and Turn that Computer off Kid to me. He's nearly 30 and he answers to all of them. He's got 2 middle names and when he gets all 4 names called he knows he's in trouble. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived