IGNORED

Peter Bradrick files for Divorce

Marian the Librarian

45 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But you know who wouldn't be a catch after divorce? Poor Esther Schrader. Not only does she have ten kids, she comes from a poor and barely known (only through the Duggars)  family, she's getting close to menopause age, and her ex would most likely provide little child support for ten kids. So yeah, she is stuck. 

Esther is pretty screwed if she ever tries to leave her insane husband. At least Kelly has a family who can support her and Kelly will be seen as quite a catch even with a divorce and six kids. Scott will spin this like crazy, find her a new husband and then put it all in a conference to show the sheeple how to live their lives. 

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

So, Kelly is back home with mom & dad - and six kids -  a decade after the wedding of the century in their circles. 

Katie Smith is also back home, even though for different reasons - and eight kids - a decade after the foot washing wedding of the century in their particular fundie circle.

Two women held up as the mindless, perfect Christian women of patriarchy, are now living back where they started.

Somehow, I can't imagine a single person in their worlds questioning the insanity of their movements. 

Seriously. It wasn't all that long ago both women were still held up as pillars of perfect, patriarchal, Christian women. Now, both screwed and back at square one - with a bunch of children they are responsible for. 

It breaks my heart for them, but for their fathers and those in their circles, I want to start shitting on a whole bunch of them. 

It's a whole new "Return of the Daughters".

I feel for those women as well. 

ITA on how Esther would fare if she left John.  

Interesting how we see in these circle how much money, power and looks can factor into peoples' fates.  All the while insisting that they are "not of the world" (and therefore above such things) when in fact they absolutely are.

Not only will Scottie find a new dad for his grandkids, but I wonder how much Peter will be allowed to be in the picture.   I have a bad feeling that it won't be much.

Darnell is a misogynistic, uptight,  self-aggrandizing, know-it-all twatweasel. His hit piece about his busted courtship made me want to 

:puke-front:

All Kelly needs to do is say Bradrick! didn't toe the party line enough and she'll be sanctified. In the virgin/whore dichotomy,  she will always be Scottie's pure daughter.

27 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Scott will spin this like crazy, find her a new husband and then put it all in a conference to show the sheeple how to live their lives. 

He will spin it as how fathers have to be super duper, extra careful in finding husbands for their daughters and come up with even more hurdles for suitors lest a husband prove to be unworthy afterward.  Or something like that.  

2 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

He will spin it as how fathers have to be super duper, extra careful in finding husbands for their daughters and come up with even more hurdles for suitors lest a husband prove to be unworthy afterward.  Or something like that.  

I'm really, really looking forward to seeing Scottie do that spin.  He does not favor divorce at all - so how can he favor remarriage.  She might remarry but I'm not convinced he will officially approve her marrying again.

Scottie has too much explaining to do.  

The great expert on Biblical marriage carefully screened Bradrick! for months before allowing the Golden Ram access to his prize Lamb.  It is a central part of his ministry.

So what if Bradrick proved to be an unworthy goat.  He and Lamb have been parted by something other than Death.  So much for Scottie's Covenant marriage.   In their world view, Scott *ought* to want them back together again.

Lamb is now a full-grown ewe and a proven breeder (although there was that one time she had problems lambing).  

He can spin it as simply that she has returned to his flock, still as innocent as the dawn, having fulfilled her obligations to Peter as a discreet and chaste keeper at home.  However, according to Scott's own fucked up teachings, she obviously didn't work hard enough at marriage because it failed.

Hoist with his own petard and he's going to be spinning like a top!

Poor Kelly.

13 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Not only will Scottie find a new dad for his grandkids, but I wonder how much Peter will be allowed to be in the picture.   I have a bad feeling that it won't be much

Scottie won't have much say (legally) on how much time Peter gets to have with his kids. I hope Peter stays in his kids lives because all children of divorce deserve to have relationships with both sides of the family. (If there is no history of abuse/neglect.)

Plus if Peter has pulled away from the cult, then him being involved with the kids will give the kids a wider world view. And maybe less chance of creating 3rd generation quivers.

51 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Katie Smith is also back home, even though for different reasons - and eight kids - a decade after the foot washing wedding of the century in their particular fundie circle.

Who is this Katie Smith? Katie Valenti?

@Palimpsest absolutely I would like to see what he does and I believe he will give it a good try at least.   You are right, this divorce between the Golden Ram and Lamb strikes against many aspects of Scottie's ministry.  It's apparent the divorce is going forward and perhaps Scottie did make efforts to keep / get them back together but since those efforts failed (assuming he made them) he's going to do something for damage control.   I don't think he would throw Kelly under the bus because as much as he has failed her, and in spite of his teachings, she's his daughter.   Blood is thicker than water and it really comes out among family members in divorce situations.   My guess he's going to spin it as Peter being wildly unworthy in spite of all the vetting.

11 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Scottie won't have much say (legally) on how much time Peter gets to have with his kids. I hope Peter stays in his kids lives because all children of divorce deserve to have relationships with both sides of the family. (If there is no history of abuse/neglect.)

From a legal standpoint, he has no say.   However I have personally seen how things like visitation can get circumvented and I am sorry to say, alienation of children from a parent does occur even with shared custody.  I am not saying that either Scottie or Kelly would do this, but it does happen.  Given Kelly's close proximity to her family now, the children are across the country from their dad and the aforementioned discussion of Kelly's remarrying someone in the fold, it seems possible that Peter could get shut out.

@nokidsmom, Yes, Scott is going to have to throw Bradrick under the bus and run over him eleventy times.  My theory is that Bradrick will have deserved* it.  The question is - why hasn't Scott done this already and publicly?  Why isn't Scott urging repentance and healing?

Scott is trapped because this makes nonsense of all the crap he has preached about his careful screening over the years.  Scott was Wrong and married off his daughter to an evil goat.  Do the faithful still want to go to one of his famous marriage conferences?

*Although I consider even the arrogant Bradricks of this world pretty much trapped by this vile theology too.  

Who else was in that first crop of golden VF interns?  Bradrick, Darnell (who called off the engagement to Rachel Whatsit), Justin Turley - and then my mind goes blank!

13 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

From a legal standpoint, he has no say.   However I have personally seen how things like visitation can get circumvented and I am sorry to say, alienation of children from a parent does occur even with shared custody.  I am not saying that either Scottie or Kelly would do this, but it does happen.  Given Kelly's close proximity to her family now, the children are across the country from their dad and the aforementioned discussion of Kelly's remarrying someone in the fold, it seems possible that Peter could get shut out.

I agree. Professionally I see this all the time. (Work in the courts)

2 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I agree. Professionally I see this all the time. (Work in the courts)

It was a family member of mine who had to fight like hell to get his ex to stick to visitation / custody arrangements and prevent his daughter from being PAS'd (PAS = Parental Alienation Syndrome for those who don't know).   In spite of it all, he has limited contact with his daughter. 

3 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

It was a family member of mine who had to fight like hell to get his ex to stick to visitation / custody arrangements and prevent his daughter from being PAS'd (PAS = Parental Alienation Syndrome for those who don't know).   In spite of it all, he has limited contact with his daughter. 

Yup and the mind games some parents play on their kids in divorce situations is sad and as bad as some of these fundies parents screwing up their kids.

24 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Yup and the mind games some parents play on their kids in divorce situations is sad and as bad as some of these fundies parents screwing up their kids.

I'm convinced that the damage divorce does to kids in many cases isn't so much about the divorce per se so much as it's about the stupid mind games vindictive spouses inflict on everyone involved in the situation. Divorce can be a better option for children than living in a stressful home with two parents constantly warring parents so long as the adults act like adults and not generals doing a scorched earth policy against those in their previous life.

On topic, I concur that Kelly will probably find some other discreetly divorce fundie guy to remarry or perhaps a widower. She has the family resources and connection to keep her and the kids doing materially well  for the foreseeable future. My fear is for the kids, who are still stuck in this Calvinist-patriarchal fundie bubble and may become alienated from their father for no other reason than  he is no longer willing to tow the narrow theological line (this is idle speculation on my part, but we're talking about the kind of people for whom the question of infant vs adult baptism is enough to declare someone a heretic).

Scott will paint himself as a victim of deception and imply that Peter was never saved in the first place (even though he was a "covenant child"). 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Esther is pretty screwed if she ever tries to leave her insane husband. At least Kelly has a family who can support her and Kelly will be seen as quite a catch even with a divorce and six kids. Scott will spin this like crazy, find her a new husband and then put it all in a conference to show the sheeple how to live their lives. 

Anna Duggar is pretty screwed too. Stuck in a marriage with a whore-monger, child molester. Doubtless there's some money there from TLC residuals, if nothing else, but I'm sure nothing is in her name.

56 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Do the faithful still want to go to one of his famous marriage conferences?

Didn't he just pull off two marriage conferences without skipping a beat?

Just now, Howl said:

Didn't he just pull off two marriage conferences without skipping a beat?

Ah, but I am desperately hoping attendance is way down.

Scott Brown is such an asshole.

12 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Scott will paint himself as a victim of deception and imply that Peter was never saved in the first place (even though he was a "covenant child"). 

"Proclaiming the Insufficiency of Scripture" :5624796c41285_DastardlyEviledevil:

10 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Considering all the hoops Peter had to jump through (like writing essays for months or something like that?) Scottie is going have to weave quite the tale on how he was fooled by the trickster who was in reality unsaved and passed himself off as a "covenant child".   

1 minute ago, nokidsmom said:

Considering all the hoops Peter had to jump through (like writing essays for months or something like that?) Scottie is going have to weave quite the tale on how he was fooled by the trickster who was in reality unsaved and passed himself off as a "covenant child".   

I actually think that is a good thing. They and their kind spend so much time telling whoever will listen how their ways are right and blessed by their god and perfect. When the reality of life happens, it's harder to backtrack. Except, of course, for the fact that these 'movements' attract insecure people choosing to suspend disbelief - counting on it and encouraging it and making it holy and godly, even. Their inner circles will eat up anything they're told and sink into any web spun. But, they will have a harder time attracting new minions and spreading their movements. 

So, they may have to spin a hell of a lot more, and lie and pretend and manipulate - but the only ones who will fall in line are those already in line. 

It's good to know their movement is on the edge. They all - the Browns, Phillilps', ATI, Botkins, etc... rode a wave from the early 2000's until the downfalls of some of their leaders. Not even 15 years. It's hard to ride a falling wave and theirs aren't only falling, they're crashing. 

36 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

On topic, I concur that Kelly will probably find some other discreetly divorce fundie guy to remarry or perhaps a widower.

I don't even think it has to be a widower or divorced fundie. She's young and pretty enough to be attractive to a single fundie guy in his late 20s. 

2 hours ago, Columbia said:

Who is this Katie Smith? Katie Valenti?

Katie Morton Smith of the famous S'Mortons, her husband Alan Smith is currently in jail facing charges of incest, rape, and child molestation. There are three threads on the situation starting here.

40 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

They and their kind spend so much time telling whoever will listen how their ways are right and blessed by their god and perfect. When the reality of life happens, it's harder to backtrack.

In this particular case, Scottie will have to do some big time backtracking, especially since he had so much of a hand in the VF royalty match that was Peter and Kelly plus he based his ministry on the the perfection and godliness of it all.

43 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Except, of course, for the fact that these 'movements' attract insecure people choosing to suspend disbelief - counting on it and encouraging it and making it holy and godly, even. Their inner circles will eat up anything they're told and sink into any web spun. But, they will have a harder time attracting new minions and spreading their movements. 

ITA.   The true believers will believe whatever spin is made to them, but their movement is based on attracting more sheeple and that's not going to happen now.   Between demographic shifts that are not in lining up with their vision plus scandals like Gothard and DPIAT, prime time is over.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Who else was in that first crop of golden VF interns?  Bradrick, Darnell (who called off the engagement to Rachel Whatsit), Justin Turley - and then my mind goes blank!

The infamous Brantley Disharoon somes to mind.

Just saw this thread. Sad. But not surprising given the enormous expectations for marriage and then the reality of constant child bearing and child rearing. Let's hope the kids can take normal names now. Crommie and the others need a break just now. Sad.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived