IGNORED

Peter Bradrick files for Divorce

Marian the Librarian

14 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

As well as the spin Scottie will have to churn out...I've been thinking about Pa and Ma Bradrick as well.  ALL their "ministry" efforts were about "raising a GODLY family" (I used to own the DVD set when I was drinking the kool aid).  And lo these many years later - one son-in-law in prison for child sexual abuse while their daughter deals with raising 11 (I think?) children alone; one son who for all intents and purposes was the Golden Child who married a Golden Child - divorced, 6 kids left without a dad in the home.  Their two or three kids who are still unmarried are probably thankful to be single at this point.

There's another fundie with tons of kids in jail for sexual abuse? 

I only know of Alan Smith with 8 kids and awaiting trial and Toby Willis with 12 kids awaiting trial. 

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I only know of Alan Smith with 8 kids and awaiting trial and Toby Willis with 12 kids awaiting trial. 

Here you go. Peter's sister's husband is a sex offender.

7 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

I have always thought Kelly was sold a huge bill of goods too, I have referred to her as a walking cautionary tale of what can happen to young fundie women in past posts.   Even though she was part of VF royalty and the poster girl of SAHD, there were glaring instances over the years where she wasn't talked about as a person, there was no concern for her welfare.   And that was before DPIAT's fall and this divorce.    She was treated poorly when she was in the exalted VF royalty marriage.  If she wakes up to the fact that nearly everyone in her life has failed her, I can imagine the little mushroom cloud over Scottie's house.  

I surrrrrrre hope so! And I'm generally a pacifist of the insect kingdom. 

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yup.  The Bradrick's oldest daughter, Betsy Barth - her husband Andy is in jail for molesting one or more of their kids (I assume it was them and not someone outside the family; I honestly don't know for sure).  They have a gaggle of kids that are about half and half biological and adopted.  He ran a dental processing lab out of their home; I would imagine with all the digital instant x-rays now in most dentist's offices that biz has gone the way of the dinosaur.  I have no idea how she is surviving and feeding all those kids. 

When they got married in '95 or '96, they were on the cover of The Teaching Home magazine and there was a big spread about their courtship and wedding.  Back then, in fundie circles, being on the cover of The Teaching Home was like being on the cover of Time. 

4 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Yup.  The Bradrick's oldest daughter, Betsy Barth - her husband Andy is in jail for molesting one or more of their kids (I assume it was them and not someone outside the family; I honestly don't know for sure).  They have a gaggle of kids that are about half and half biological and adopted.  He ran a dental processing lab out of their home; I would imagine with all the digital instant x-rays now in most dentist's offices that biz has gone the way of the dinosaur.  I have no idea how she is surviving and feeding all those kids. 

When they got married in '95 or '96, they were on the cover of The Teaching Home magazine and there was a big spread about their courtship and wedding.  Back then, in fundie circles, being on the cover of The Teaching Home was like being on the cover of Time. 

And she might be standing by him. :puke-huge:

There are no divorce records in Texas and her facebook profile picture is of the two of them, although she hasn't posted publically since 2015. He's five years in to a ten year sentence and will be eligible for parole in May. 

2 hours ago, Georgiana said:

My thoughts:  I think it is likely Peter signed off on this arrangement.  If Kelly and the children were to remain local, Peter would CERTAINLY be forced to continue providing for their upkeep in addition to having to provide for himself while this matter is being litigated.  Real estate is not a bad job, but I doubt they have much in savings, and providing for such a large household AND potentially a bachelor pad could quite easily be well beyond Peter's means.  Returning to NC and having their care subsidized by Scottie was quite possibly the preferred option by all adults involved.  

Occam's Razor says Peter wants this all to be over ASAP so he can make an honest woman out of his pregnant mistress.

Bradrick's mom sure posts a lot of shit on FB about protecting women and girls by repealing transgender restroom policies. Yet her son in law is a convicted child sexual abuser.

These fundies are so fucking ignorant I can't take it. 

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Bradrick's mom sure posts a lot of shit on FB about protecting women and girls by repealing transgender restroom policies. Yet her son in law is a convicted child sexual abuser.

That is some serious-ass denial going on right there.  Clinical.  Her GRANDKIDS HAVE A CONVICTED SEXUAL FELON FOR A FATHER, and she is concerned about a transgender person having to pee?  I'd like to smack her into next week.  That just makes me STABBY. 

Kelly Bradrick has a Facebook page under the name "Jeannette Brown." 

I don't really know why since you can lock down your FB and she mostly has. :dontgetit:

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don't really know why since you can lock down your FB and she mostly has. :dontgetit:

Yeah, I saw that a couple of weeks ago, but didn't even bother saying anything here because I know we're going to get a whole lot of nothin' from it. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She's friends with Lourdes Torres which I find interesting.

Eh, maybe he did one or more of his dirty deeds in a public restroom. 

Gross thought, I know, but a possibility. 

She sure is pretty. The nose ring is gone. (Personal opinion: good! She didn't need it.)  And she applies her eyeliner inside her lower lid, which a lot of ladeeze do ... I can't imagine it, though!!!

Hope she's using every bit of leverage/guilt she can on the old man and Deb The Wild-Haired. (I like Deb's hair.)

3 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Occam's Razor says Peter wants this all to be over ASAP so he can make an honest woman out of his pregnant mistress.

Oh, SURELY no other woman's father fell in love with him and arranged for them to get together! 

SURELY no other woman found him sessy---a father of six with no education and only real estate commissions to live on?! Naaah.  Couldn't be. 

Could it? 

I hope we find out!

It was a recipe for disaster: Kelly being tied to a home with 6 children 24/7 and Peter out and about every day, meeting other women all the time.

I know I shouldn't just assume that Kelly is innocent in all this, but how could she have had an affair even if she'd wanted to? Sure, there are hook-up apps, but then what? She just hopes that Peter won't come home during the day while she's getting it on with someone else? She puts all 6 kids down for a nap at the same time? She tries to hide their existence when the guy comes over? Practically speaking, it doesn't even seem possible. 

I'm not saying Peter cheated. Maybe he didn't. But he sure had more opportunity to do so. 

Good point, @DomWackTroll

Here's a hare-brained thought: anybody see the hand of Doug Phllips Is A Tool setting foot in this? Don't know how but certainly the "why" would be revenge on Peter for having dared to sass Doug and (in Doug's bent mind) to betray Doug. 

My brain hurts. 

If Kelly and the children were to remain local, Peter would CERTAINLY be forced to continue providing for their upkeep in addition to having to provide for himself while this matter is being litigated.  Real estate is not a bad job, but I doubt they have much in savings, and providing for such a large household AND potentially a bachelor pad could quite easily be well beyond Peter's means.  Returning to NC and having their care subsidized by Scottie was quite possibly the preferred option by all adults involved.  

Now, that is just messed up. Regardless of where Kelly and the kids live, Peter is their father and should be required to pay chiild support.

17 hours ago, Howl said:

Damn, there's some FJ gold in that thread! 

Also wondering if the VF legacy people are into child beating -- is Scottie a rigid physical disciplinarian?  

I remember reading a piece about "training" godly children by his wife, Deborah, where she supported physical punishment even for toddlers. It's been a few years ago, so I might be wrong.. but at the same time it would totally fit.

And Ma Bradrick is a huge advocate of not sparing the rod.

56 minutes ago, Howl said:

Has Scottie admitted publicly or on SM that Kelly has returned home?

Not that I know of. But here's what bugs me most about these types of fundies. They make the marriage of Peter and Kelly out to be this perfect godly way of starting a godly relationship and marriage. Yet when it ends, there isn't a peep. 

If they were smart, they would be honest and say, "things happen and even good people with the best intentions can end up divorced." But that would go completely against everything they've ever said about relationships and marriage. But it would help so many fundie people struggling with their own decision to divorce. 

The more divorce is stigmatized, the worse it is for the kids and others involved. They complain about the divorce rate being so high but at least many of those people aren't trapped in a shitty marriage and at least the kids aren't convinced their parents are now going to hell because of their divorce. Just imagine how these kids will feel as they get older! I feel so sorry for fundie kids who go through divorce. It has to be worse than your average non fundie divorce. 

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I genuinely think we should have a pinned list for Fundy scandals, next to Arrows for the Quiver and Unmarried Fundies.  Can we compile one and start it up, or would that be too much?

34 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I genuinely think we should have a pinned list for Fundy scandals, next to Arrows for the Quiver and Unmarried Fundies.  Can we compile one and start it up, or would that be too much?

That would be helpful. But I would be a terrible choice as I only know the very recent ones. 

31 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I get what you are saying. I'm losing track all the time of all the horrible felonies that are committed by the fundies we snark on. Having them all in one thread would be "handy", but it would also be a terribly sad place. And wouldn't that degrade the victims and the damages they suffered to being numbers in a list? Maybe I'm too sensitive though.

6 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Now, that is just messed up. Regardless of where Kelly and the kids live, Peter is their father and should be required to pay chiild support.

He would have to (and should) pay child support no matter what, but I think Georgiana's point is that by Kelly moving back to North Carolina he also doesn't have to worry about paying a mortgage for his ex-wife and six kids as well as a place for himself on top of alimony and child support. Housing is a pretty major expense and without that he and Kelly can probably more easily manage this divorce while still providing adequately for their children.

With just alimony and child support, I'm not sure Kelly could manage things completely on her own, especially considering she has zero career experience or higher education (not like a job makes sense at this point anyway, with all those little kids you'd have to pay for daycare for). Bradrick could just make his court ordered payments and wash his hands of any strain on Kelly, but assuming he isn't a total heartless douche and cares about his kids, he probably still wants them to have a safe house to live in and some steadiness to their lives. NC is probably the best option right now for that. 

This really is a mess of a situation and should be cautionary tale #1 for the SAHD movement.

31 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I get what you are saying. I'm losing track all the time of all the horrible felonies that are committed by the fundies we snark on. Having them all in one thread would be "handy", but it would also be a terribly sad place. And wouldn't that degrade the victims and the damages they suffered to being numbers in a list? Maybe I'm too sensitive though.

Maybe no victims would be named? Even if they have come out on their own talking about it? I think that even though it is a sensitive topic, it would highlight how common these problems are amongst these powerful cult leaders especially. 

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe no victims would be named? Even if they have come out on their own talking about it? I think that even though it is a sensitive topic, it would highlight how common these problems are amongst these powerful cult leaders especially. 

No, of course no names of victims!! I think this is something we all agree on. But without naming them it would be like

Asshole A // 8 victims // sentenced to 5 years // rape, incest

Asshole B // 3 victims // sentenced to 3 years // whatsoever

and that has something very cold IMHO.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived