IGNORED

Peter Bradrick files for Divorce

Marian the Librarian

My money is on Nattie Darnell to court Kelly. He's probably already sniffing around.  I think we had a working theory that he had been spurned by one of the RoBotkinettes, this could be the opportunity he's been looking for.  Unless it's Peter he years for.....

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jasmar said:

The infamous Brantley Disharoon somes to mind.

He was in that first batch?  I believe you but I thought the notorious Brantley D. was in a later edition.  I don't think we know how his marriage turned out - yet.  I'm not aware of any ructions.

And Justin Turley married Melissa Keen, another Return of the Daughters alumna. 

We are still missing one. 

What I don't understand is how Scottie can spin it, that they all prayed and prayed and prayed etc for the right husband, and it STILL ended in divorce?  Or would it be God was right about Bradrick! but then he let himself be influenced by Satan blah blah?

5 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Seriously. It wasn't all that long ago both women were still held up as pillars of perfect, patriarchal, Christian women. Now, both screwed and back at square one - with a bunch of children they are responsible for. 

It breaks my heart for them, but for their fathers and those in their circles, I want to start shitting on a whole bunch of them. 

Stay-at-home-daughterhood has gone full circle!  

8 minutes ago, Lurky said:

What I don't understand is how Scottie can spin it, that they all prayed and prayed and prayed etc for the right husband, and it STILL ended in divorce?  Or would it be God was right about Bradrick! but then he let himself be influenced by Satan blah blah?

I know exactly what they'll say, because I've heard it so many times from people I knew in similar situations: "Satan is real!"

Ok...you've persuaded me. Let's start brackets* on how soon she's married off. 

And to whom. 

~~~~~

*I'm trying to be au courant with NCAA March Madness & all. Am I doing it wrong? :content:

Hmm, maybe Brantley was in Round 2. Am I thinking of the twins (?) who spent many hours enjoying filmmaking with Natty? I'm so confused!

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

The thing is, Calvinists believe that it's impossible to lose salvation. Once you're elect, you're elect, period. So the only argument they can make when kids "go bad" is that they were never saved to begin with. 

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Anyone know what happened to Brantley Disharoon/ LIndsey Keen after the wedding?

They live in Texas, he works for FedEx, and they have two sons. 

Last I saw, anyway, which was at least a year ago. 

His past has been brushed away and they are happily married, making babies for god and being blessed by the same god. Apparently.

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Caleb Hayden. 

Oh yes. C Hayden. The Peter worshipper, the wanna' be; the gay man lying to himself for his god. 

He is married (see Christopher Maxwell's photo gallery) and has at least one kid. 

It makes me sad. 

8 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

The thing is, Calvinists believe that it's impossible to lose salvation. Once you're elect, you're elect, period. So the only argument they can make when kids "go bad" is that they were never saved to begin with. 

This is fascinating to me, because that means Scottie's direct line to God must be faulty! Can't wait to see the excuses...

12 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Caleb Hayden. 

Thanks.  It was really irritating me that I couldn't remember. 

Maybe someone here can answer this...I am wondering about the divorce/child custody laws in Washington, because I thought it was the case in many states that you cannot just up and take minor children across state lines, or that far from a parent.  Unless he somehow relinquished custody or signed something that said it was fine with him?

edited because I forgot the Bradrick clan live in Washington, not Oregon.

17 hours ago, Jasmar said:

The infamous Brantley Disharoon somes to mind.

There was a Caleb Hayden also.  Christopher Maxwell photographed his wedding in 2011 and Bradrick! and Darnell are both shown as members of the wedding party on Chris' wedding galleries page. 

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Maybe someone here can answer this...I am wondering about the divorce/child custody laws in Washington, because I thought it was the case in many states that you cannot just up and take minor children across state lines, or that far from a parent.  Unless he somehow relinquished custody or signed something that said it was fine with him?

edited because I forgot the Bradrick clan live in Washington, not Oregon.

Wondering about that too. Has anyone confirmed that Peter is still selling RE in WA?

Not difficult to think of him totally changing his direction, maybe deciding to go to school, go to an ashram, live in a commune? I'm not trying to be funny – – the lousy upbringing he had, who knows what he might decide to try! Oh, just to be clear – His upbringing in my humble opinion was lousy. The options I've listed above for him to try, not necessarily.

Peter's real estate license is still active, according to the Washington State DOL...I haven't been able to find anything beyond that. So far.

ETA 1 - sure wish I could see Kelly's Instagram info, but she's keeping it locked down pretty tight. Try to connect, and it disappears completely. 

ETA 2 - 10 years, 6 kids, and living back at home with mom and dad again? Kelly was sold a colossal bill of goods, and IMNSHO she has every reason to be royally pissed. She needs another husband like a submarine needs a screen door.

6 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Peter's real estate license is still active, according to the Washington State DOL...I haven't been able to find anything beyond that. 

Couldn't help myself.    Per Zillow, no active listings currently but the latest sale he did was Feb. 2017.

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/5275/Newbies-Got-Discuss-Peter-Kelly-Bradricks-Wedding?page=1

According to the old Yuku forum, the First Golden Interns of VF were Bradrick!, the infamous Darnell, Bradrick!'s fanboy C.S. Hayden, and the two pretty unknown generic guys (Nathanael Cordz and Tim Horn). Too bad Hayden's blog does not exist anymore. It was a gold mine of Bradrick! luv. This picture especially was my favorite: 2007-12-03_PandK2.jpg

and most definitely with Hayden's words "Peter and Kelly gaze very seriously at their warrior for Christ's Kingdom." :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:  For more fun and manly men in wide stances: 

20 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

10 years, 6 kids, and living back at home with mom and dad again? Kelly was sold a colossal bill of goods, and IMNSHO she has every reason to be royally pissed. She needs another husband like a submarine needs a screen door.

I have always thought Kelly was sold a huge bill of goods too, I have referred to her as a walking cautionary tale of what can happen to young fundie women in past posts.   Even though she was part of VF royalty and the poster girl of SAHD, there were glaring instances over the years where she wasn't talked about as a person, there was no concern for her welfare.   And that was before DPIAT's fall and this divorce.    She was treated poorly when she was in the exalted VF royalty marriage.  If she wakes up to the fact that nearly everyone in her life has failed her, I can imagine the little mushroom cloud over Scottie's house.  

10 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

According to the old Yuku forum,

May the Lord bless you my sweet Sister in Snark for tracking that thread down so diligently.  You are such an encouragement to those of us who find searching yuku an absolute nose bleed.

So Disharoon was indeed in a later group.  Tim Horn sounds quite familar too but not the other Nathaneal.

58 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

:5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:  For more fun and manly men in wide stances: 

Damn, there's some FJ gold in that thread! 

Also wondering if the VF legacy people are into child beating -- is Scottie a rigid physical disciplinarian?  

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/5275/Newbies-Got-Discuss-Peter-Kelly-Bradricks-Wedding?page=1

According to the old Yuku forum, the First Golden Interns of VF were Bradrick!, the infamous Darnell, Bradrick!'s fanboy C.S. Hayden, and the two pretty unknown generic guys (Nathanael Cordz and Tim Horn). Too bad Hayden's blog does not exist anymore. It was a gold mine of Bradrick! luv. This picture especially was my favorite: 2007-12-03_PandK2.jpg

and most definitely with Hayden's words "Peter and Kelly gaze very seriously at their warrior for Christ's Kingdom." :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:  For more fun and manly men in wide stances: 

IIRC, Tim Horn is the redhead in one of Scottie's videos some time ago.  This is cloudy in my head, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.  Anyone else remember? 

ETA:  Never mind, that was Dan Horn, not Tim Horn.  I'll bet they are related, though.

RE: Custody in WA

WA does not explicitly prohibit parents from removing minor children subject to a custody or pending custody order from the state.  Which means:  yes, Kelly can take the kids to NC unless the court specifically prohibited it.  

WA, like most states, will decline involvement when both parents are in agreement.  Which means:  If both Peter and Kelly are on board with this arrangement, then the state of Washington is ALSO on board with this arrangement.  

However, WA does retain jurisdiction over the minor children for 6 months and can compel them to be returned to the state.  Which means:  if Peter is NOT on board (or stops being OK with this) and asks the courts to force Kelly to return the kids to the state while this is being worked out, the court CAN do that.  Whether a judge would do so or not will depend on many factors.  

My thoughts:  I think it is likely Peter signed off on this arrangement.  If Kelly and the children were to remain local, Peter would CERTAINLY be forced to continue providing for their upkeep in addition to having to provide for himself while this matter is being litigated.  Real estate is not a bad job, but I doubt they have much in savings, and providing for such a large household AND potentially a bachelor pad could quite easily be well beyond Peter's means.  Returning to NC and having their care subsidized by Scottie was quite possibly the preferred option by all adults involved.  

As well as the spin Scottie will have to churn out...I've been thinking about Pa and Ma Bradrick as well.  ALL their "ministry" efforts were about "raising a GODLY family" (I used to own the DVD set when I was drinking the kool aid).  And lo these many years later - one son-in-law in prison for child sexual abuse while their daughter deals with raising 11 (I think?) children alone; one son who for all intents and purposes was the Golden Child who married a Golden Child - divorced, 6 kids left without a dad in the home.  Their two or three kids who are still unmarried are probably thankful to be single at this point.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived