IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen, Parts 25- More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

What do you think the Duggars would be doing now if they'd never been on TV? Certainly wouldn't have travelled to Europe, etc. Would the girls still be wearing frumpers, and would they be married if JB had to foot the bill? Would they get speaking engagements if they weren't famous?

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

What do you think the Duggars would be doing now if they'd never been on TV? Certainly wouldn't have travelled to Europe, etc. Would the girls still be wearing frumpers, and would they be married if JB had to foot the bill? Would they get speaking engagements if they weren't famous?

No ! I think they would be living  in a very akward Arndt - like situation . And they would be very poor instead of millionaires. 

7 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I've so wondered that myself, what they would be like. I predict at minimum the girls would still be wearing  the long jean skirts, polo shirts and crunchy hair. I think they would be very enmeshed and only marry extreme fundies. The 'friends' Jessa in particular has now would never be acceptable. Austin might pass the test, but I doubt the other male in-laws would.

I also wonder if at least some of the kidults would have to get regular jobs (conservative, family value type companies). All I feel sure about is that their lives would be vastly different without TLC $. Maybe one of the older kids would have rebelled by now. 

8 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

I've so wondered that myself, what they would be like. I predict at minimum the girls would still be wearing  the long jean skirts, polo shirts and crunchy hair. I think they would be very enmeshed and only marry extreme fundies. The 'friends' Jessa in particular has now would never be acceptable. Austin might pass the test, but I doubt the other male in-laws would.

I also wonder if at least some of the kidults would have to get regular jobs (conservative, family value type companies). All I feel sure about is that their lives would be vastly different without TLC $. Maybe one of the older kids would have rebelled by now. 

I think they'd probably be Maxwells x2.

Anyone seen this?

http://starcasm.net/archives/364772

While out doing interviews and promotions for the show, Amy stated that it was a male family member that she’s accusing of abuse and that his name will be revealed in an upcoming episode of the show.

She told People, “So, it was a family member. I love the person very much and we’re better now. But I did need to heal from that.”

She told Fox News:

“I’m grateful I had the opportunity. I wished I could have done it behind closed doors… It’s not that I regret saying his name… Well, I regret talking about it on camera, but it’s something that just literally blew out of my mouth and the doctors could tell that I was bothered by something… The question was, ‘Who hurt you when you were a little girl? Who was someone that first brought you pain? And this person — I tried to hide it, I did. But the doctors were like, ‘No, there’s something there. There’s something bothering you and before I had the chance to really think about it and clear my mind, the name came out in therapy. And I forgave this person. This person is having a hard time forgiving me for mentioning it on camera. But in the moment, I literally forgot cameras were even there.”

Amy’s husband was unaware of the alleged abuse until they were filming. The pair were only married for 7 months before agreeing to appear on Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars.

She is so despeate to be in the limelight. I believe she would/will tell more when someone will pay her enough and promise some fame. BUT I'm really sorry it happened to her. Neither a child nor a grown-up should expect abuse from anyone especially a family member.

18 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

She is so despeate to be in the limelight. I believe she would/will tell more when someone will pay her enough and promise some fame. BUT I'm really sorry it happened to her. Neither a child nor a grown-up should expect abuse from anyone especially a family member.

Famy is after all 1/2 Duggar she is just in your face with her grifting. No of this "pray and pay for us to go on our mission vacation judgment tour of SCA" I'll give Famy extra points for being honest about her famwhoring ways, but other than that she is just as pathetic as they are. 

I wonder if it was her father. Did she eliminate that possibility, I haven't followed. Did she stipulate sexual or physical abuse? I hope she is okay and that her husband is a good man. 

Let's not speculate on what type of abuse may have happened to Amy. We don't need to go there.

I also hope that she has supportive family and friends in her life to help her.

41 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Jim Bob is such a great father that he's going to speak at the upcoming ATI Fathers' Conference:

http://familyconferences.org/events/fathers-conference/2017/

Why are fathers under so much attack today? The role of fathers in the lives of children is designed by God to be a direct reflection of the role of our Heavenly Father. Children whose fathers give in to anger, anxiety, lust, and greed often develop a distorted view of their Heavenly Father.

OMG its all about Satan's hidden fortress! How is Boob qualified to speak on this important subject?  

As a parent of 19 children, Jim Bob teaches invaluable lessons about equipping and releasing children to follow what God has called them to do.

Equipping and releasing children to their heavenly calling?  Hmmm.... lets see how thats worked out... Josh - fail

Jill - afraid of her "calling" in scaryland

Jessa - she really wears the pants... 

JInger - TBD

Other J'kids - not yet paroled.

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

OMG its all about Satan's hidden fortress! How is Boob qualified to speak on this important subject?  

Can he get quotes from Joshley about it? I mean, since he has the firsthand experience of it being in his heart and all...

Oh, good, JB and Michelle decided to give Tyler a birthday post, too:

Somehow, this has more description of him as a person than birthday posts for kids they actually raised.

15 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Somehow, this has more description of him as a person than birthday posts for kids they actually raised.

Colour me shocked! :o 

9 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Seriously! Plus he gets taken out for a small family meal, not just that free messy milkshake thingy, and not the giant loud shit-show poor Jordyn seemed to have going on in the background of that weird video. 

I may just be having a brain fart, sorry...but who is the grey haired lady in the front? 

38 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

That was the first thing I thought. Jichelle has two kids now apparently- Josie and Tyler. 

39 minutes ago, Jiraffe said:

I may just be having a brain fart, sorry...but who is the grey haired lady in the front? 

Isn't that one of Mechelle's sisters?

59 minutes ago, Jiraffe said:

Could that be his biological grandmother that had the stroke and had to give up custody? And why is just Jackson there? And why on earth would grandma duggar be there, she's no relation to the kid. These people are weird :my_confused:

@MayMay1123, my guess would be that Jackson is there because he's the boy closest in age to Tyler. Jennifer and Johanna are closer an age, but can't have him hanging out with girls :pb_rollseyes: Well, a nine year old boy might not want to hang out with girls anyway (are cooties still a concern for America's youth?) but Jackson is probably the closest to him. No idea why Grandma Duggar is there, though. 

Well, if they're trying to incorporate him into the family, I can see that they'd want Mary to be included as a grandma. As for just Jackson, they seem to be special friends, and maybe the whole family would be overwhelming for him right now. Of course, they had to throw in bible study. 

I still think it's weird that they put birthday announcements on Facebook for kids who are not old enough to have an account to read it.

So I found this picture and this would mean that the woman with the grey hair is Mechelle's sister Carolyn (Tyler's biological grandmother) who is Rachel's mother!

Source: Dailymail

Screenshot_2017-02-11-14-13-49.png

As much as I dislike Amy's famewhoreness, I wish she'd let loose about all the shady things Boob does. 

4 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

As much as I dislike Amy's famewhoreness, I wish she'd let loose about all the shady things Boob does. 

if she does she better do it after the photo that was just published with her and her mother and Grandma Mary and new Seewald number #5

I find it strange that for such good "friends", the Duggars and Bates dont interact publicly very often or acknowledge what to them are big life events for each other. I am sure they used to.... Joy is one of Carlin's best friends but no acknowledgement of her courtship, 5  pregnancies or bubs born in the last 6-12 months, nothing LOL . Lots of activity from the duggars this week but nothing on Tori & her lad. Given the competitiveness of the bates and that jim boob is an overbearing toolbag, I assume this competition is on!

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived