IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen, Parts 25- More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

22 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

http://people.com/tv/duggar-family-quotes

Ahhh People, I'm so glad that you though that the joyfully available quote by Michelle was perfect enough to include. 

Bleah bleach please i can't read Abu of M or JB quotes. At least the kids one could be see as normal or more  normal than theire parents 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, jas said:

If getting pregnant soon after having unprotected sex shocked Jill, she may be an even worse midwife than we had previously assumed! And Derick has no excuse to be surprised either, he knew well the brand he was marrying into.

I do think they both would have loved travelling the world together without the hard work and responsibility that goes with having kids. Experiences that seem like adventures as a childless couple become scary and overwhelming when you have a small child to care for and keep safe.

How often do women get pregnant the 1st time they have sex?  When DH & I decided to not refill my birth control we were shocked that I got pregnant that 1st month. Literally 2 weeks after throwing out the birth control I conceived, we knew it could happen but figured it would take a few months, as I think the majority of people take a few months to get the timing right and for the embryo to stick, because not every federalized eggs results in pregnancy. Most people figure it will take  a few months to get pregnant. even with out protection.

26 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

How often do women get pregnant the 1st time they have sex?  When DH & I decided to not refill my birth control we were shocked that I got pregnant that 1st month. Literally 2 weeks after throwing out the birth control I conceived, we knew it could happen but figured it would take a few months, as I think the majority of people take a few months to get the timing right and for the embryo to stick, because not every federalized eggs results in pregnancy. Most people figure it will take  a few months to get pregnant. even with out protection.

I have a one time wonder. Since he is 3 years younger than his sister, everyone assumes he was planned, nope...it just happened. 

On 1/31/2017 at 10:58 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It seems pretty likely that there will be some sort of courtship between a Duggar and a Caldwell in the future. It's like Joy and Austen Forsyth. The Caldwells are a fundie family the Duggars have regular contact with since they don't live super far away like the Bates family. The Duggars seem to prefer to mostly go for fundies that live in their state. If Joe doesn't court a Caldwell girl, then another Duggar boy probably will. 

I'm hoping another Duggar son does she is only 17, he's 22 

I was just skulking over at DFO, and saw a post about a week old that was pimping ALERT. It was verified that only Joe, Josiah, and Jer have gone. 

At any rate, IBLP must be desperate for new recuits $$$. I don't think I've ever seen the Duggars blatantly selling IBLP programs before this. 

4 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Bleah bleach please i can't read Abu of M or JB quotes. At least the kids one could be see as normal or more  normal than theire parents 

Eww  Josh has his hands around Ann's rump.  Yuck.  

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I got pregnant the first time within my first cycle without BC.  I was shocked, because at age 32 I expected to have to wait.   Five years later, when we decided we didn't want her to be an only child , once again I got pregnant within one cycle.

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My cousin and his wife couldn'te find any condoms on their wedding night, they thought that just one night couldn't Hurt. The aftermath of that night is now 2 and loves cookies. They had similar luck with baby 2, they only trienios one month, two at most

Mr. Chewing gum had a vasectomy after#3 with his ex. After the surgery, it took 2 cycles with our #1 (first cycle was off and we knew it due to the surgery) and 1 cycle with #2 after another vasovasectomy. I got pregnant before the urologist gave us the go-ahead and she was pissed! Then I got pregnant 3 times unexpectedly but lost them all (very) early. I only have to be in the same room to get pregnant and as much as that is a blessing, it's also a curse. He got a vasectomy in december, our only way of birthcontrol that'll hold. My Grandma was the same way, my aunt said she only had to look at him to get knocked up. She had 10 or 11 kids.  "Ebil catholic" that she was. 

I got pregnant within days of going off of BC, which I had been on for 14 years. I never tell anyone this IRL because so many friends and family have struggled with infertility and losses. Curious to see, when I try for the next one, if the super fertility was just a fluke or if I/husband are freaks.

34 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I got pregnant within days of going off of BC, which I had been on for 14 years. I never tell anyone this IRL because so many friends and family have struggled with infertility and losses. Curious to see, when I try for the next one, if the super fertility was just a fluke or if I/husband are freaks.

We got pregnant with #1 the month after I stopped BC, super fast, and surprised us!

#2...well, took almost 2 years, plus drugs and multiple IUIs, very stressful.

4 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

Mr. Chewing gum had a vasectomy after#3 with his ex. After the surgery, it took 2 cycles with our #1 (first cycle was off and we knew it due to the surgery) and 1 cycle with #2 after another vasovasectomy. I got pregnant before the urologist gave us the go-ahead and she was pissed! Then I got pregnant 3 times unexpectedly but lost them all (very) early. I only have to be in the same room to get pregnant and as much as that is a blessing, it's also a curse. He got a vasectomy in december, our only way of birthcontrol that'll hold. My Grandma was the same way, my aunt said she only had to look at him to get knocked up. She had 10 or 11 kids.  "Ebil catholic" that she was. 

My mom used to say that. She got pregnant very easily (though she lost one early on an had a stillbirth).

I have pcos so I am not counting on it being so easy. We'll see when the time comes.

20 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

You've got to wonder how much midwifery they're actually taught...

Probably just baby comes out that hole,  it is slippery , don't don't drop it!

15 hours ago, Lurker said:

I got pregnant the first time within my first cycle without BC.  I was shocked, because at age 32 I expected to have to wait.   Five years later, when we decided we didn't want her to be an only child , once again I got pregnant within one cycle.

My parents did after one night without protection, my Dad came home from naval training.  The next day they went to the store. 6 weeks later when my grandfather drove her to base to live with my Dad. He was like oh your acting like your Mom did you are so pregnant! Sure enough she was!!

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Probably just baby comes out that hole,  it is slippery , don't don't drop it!

Correction:

After submitting to the headship and joyfully participating in sweet fellowship, the precious baby comes out of the hole, it is slippery, don't drop it. Mark 40 days or 80days post birth, based on the sex gender of the precious blessing.

Lather-Rinse-Repeat

Fertility or the lack of it is such a lottery dip.  I was lucky to get pregnant first time without bc with my daughter, first month with my son, but getting pregnant so easily did make it stressful after that, until mr karma had the snip and two tests showed no sperm.  I've emphasised to my 20 yo daughter that yes you can get pregnant in one go.

But I have friends who tried for years and years without luck,  and it is just luck. They tried IVF, special diets, you name it.  She has very painful periods and I suggested she try a mirena, but even at 48 she said there was still a chance and she couldn't take it away.   It's heartbreaking.  And when you read the ttc thread in AYTFJ, and follow the stories of the ladies on there, you realise how lucky we are to have our kids easily.  Fortunately modern technology has improved the odds of success, but it's a long, hard, expensive path with no guarantee of a baby at the end.  

Damn the Duggers and their fertility.

9 hours ago, Karma said:

Fertility or the lack of it is such a lottery dip.  

Damn the Duggers and their fertility.

I do think it also has to do with the age. As far as I know, the fertility declines after 30 or so, especially for women. Before 25 it is really at its best. I know Michelle had baby after baby until 45 or so, but I don't think all the girls will be able to do that. But since they get married so young, they have the chance to do their best for the next few years.

My pregnancy in 2015 was a one time wonder. Unprotected for more than 4 years (!) but nothing. My OB said after that long, with my autoimmune, thyroid, and age I was probably done. Or at the least, would probably need a lot of help. Color me shocked when I was late one month! Cried on the floor for 20 min before frantically calling my best friend and crying to him for another hour in sheer panic. Thankfully Mother Nature knew better, except that the embryo had implanted on a major blood vessel, causing constant bleeding and anemia. I ended up having an emergency D&C and tubal the next day. 

There's also a very distinct difference watching something and thinking its easy, ala the Duggars, and actually learning. Take phlebotomy. We've all had it done, doesn't 'look' hard. Took me about 30 tries on the dummy before I was comfortable sticking a real person.  I really wonder how many deliveries Jill observed vs how many she actually had her hands on/in.

I was thinking, what the duggar Will do it the baby comes out of the wrong gender? I mean everyone knows is a boy but it tourn out to be a girl. Or maybe know is not so common to saythe wrong gender in the ultrasound? 

The ultrasound said my nephew was a girl, 8 years ago.  I think it's pretty uncommon these days though?

It was a big shock for them, but since they'd bought only a cot and car seat and a pair of socks ( I'm serious, I couldn't believe it) they adapted pretty quickly...took them a coupe of days to announce his name though.

If you had a big media following, had announced the name, decorated the nursery blue/pink and had only gender specific clothes it'd be a much bigger deal.

6 minutes ago, Karma said:

The ultrasound said my nephew was a girl, 8 years ago.  I think it's pretty uncommon these days though?

It was a big shock for them, but since they'd bought only a cot and car seat and a pair of socks ( I'm serious, I couldn't believe it) they adapted pretty quickly...took them a coupe of days to announce his name though.

If you had a big media following, had announced the name, decorated the nursery blue/pink and had only gender specific clothes it'd be a much bigger deal.

Yeah and i was thinking that they have all' the problem of the gender role too. 

I think, after first shock, they'll be all happy. Surprise means more interest from fans and media. Just imagine all that "You never know what god has in store for you", "We are happy whatever god decided" etc.

When you are taking birth control that supresses ovulation and you stop taking it (purposefully or accidental) you can/will immediatally ovulate when hormones dip too low to continue supressing ovulation. It's not uncommon for people to get pregnant immediately after stopping birth control.

I agree with the other poster who said fertility is a crap shoot. I have 2 health problems that are supposed to impact fertility but got pregnant with my son on a first cycle. Then I got pregnant again first cycle despite the two fertility issues + exclusively breastfeeding a 4 month old + using withdraw + on top of it we only had sex once that cycle. My mom however had multiple miscarriages and struggled to even get pregnant.

28 minutes ago, LaPeleona said:

When you are taking birth control that supresses ovulation and you stop taking it (purposefully or accidental) you can/will immediatally ovulate when hormones dip too low to continue supressing ovulation. It's not uncommon for people to get pregnant immediately after stopping birth control.

Sometimes I get little paranoid if I take my pill with few hours delay (even if drug leaflet says it's 12-hour safe reserve time), because my pills have 2 components, and if it comes to ovulation because of my absentmindedness, those hormones in pill will help fertilized egg to nest.

(I hope that have sense, medical terms are hard) I always say with my great lucky I will get pregnant with still taking BC and find out this during labour :P

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived