IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen, Parts 25- More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

Wouldn't it be a little odd for Jessa to give a kid of hers the same name as one of her sisters? Plus, given the fact that they didn't announce Spurgy's name till that People spread, I guess it's someone asking after Josie Duggar.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's  going on in that baby shower picture? Are they making bags for orphans or.... goody bags? I honestly can't tell what's on the table

On January 20, 2017 at 7:46 PM, calimojo said:

But Anna didn't play it smart and now she is stuck with that fucker until he messes up again. 

I honestly don't think Anna would ever get a divorce except maybe in case of EXTREME abuse/violence. She is too brainwashed into thinking divorce is a sin. She probably thinks if she divorces after proclaiming her Christian values on tv, she will be just as hypocritical as Josh. 

7 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Wouldn't it be a little odd for Jessa to give a kid of hers the same name as one of her sisters?  snipped.

I would think it would be odd.  My MIL would disagree though, since my husband has the same name as her brother...and also an older cousin on his father's side.   Very confusing.

7 hours ago, Mela99 said:

What's  going on in that baby shower picture? Are they making bags for orphans or.... goody bags? I honestly can't tell what's on the table

They're making goody bags for those poor benighted harlots who front-hugged before marriage and are now carrying beautiful blessed fetuses that Godly Christians are nobly obliged to care about for nine months. These goody bags are manifestations of how much they care during that nine-month window, after which the beautiful baby they saved will turn into a worthless drain on society who needs to pull itself up by the bootstraps.

14 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I mean, marrying someone off to a sibling of their original betrothed wasn't unheard of in royal circles; Maria Theresa of Austria did it (when one daughter who was supposed to go marry into the royal house of Naples died of smallpox, another, non-smallpox'd sister went in her place, and then Maria Theresa had fewer girls to work with, so a certain Maria Antonia got shipped off to France...), Katherine of Aragon married Henry VIII after his older brother Arthur died suddenly a couple of months after the wedding, and the Queen's great-grandmother Mary married George V because his brother died just weeks after they got engaged..

Oh and the Duke of Teck (Queen Mary's father) said at the time "It has to the Tsaravich." In reference to Maria Feodorovna (Princess Dagmar of Denmark) marrying Tsar Alexander III after his brother Nicholas passed away during their engagement. As it was said, marrying the "spare" is very common in royal families. And fundies believe themselves to be a type of royalty, so it wouldn't be shocking. 

15 hours ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

*snipped*

My point was not that they are marrying their actual sibling, but someone who is interchangeable. Watching these people intermix is something. It is like watching clones.  No personalities, no critical thinking...almost stepfordlike. An interesting lesson in the sociology of the new generation of quiverfull for sure.

I think I get what you are saying. Since they have their personality knocked out of them, they are all like Christian robots with the same interests (bible) and really nothing else to them. That's common among all the quiverfull fundie families, and like how we mention even Ben being interchangeable to Jessa with a sister (doesn't matter who it is, just needs a person to be there for her), marrying someone with the same exact upbringing wouldn't be that different.

9 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

I honestly don't think Anna would ever get a divorce except maybe in case of EXTREME abuse/violence. She is too brainwashed into thinking divorce is a sin. She probably thinks if she divorces after proclaiming her Christian values on tv, she will be just as hypocritical as Josh. 

I also heard her say that her marriage vows were a promise to God as well as Josh.

So God needs to step in and tell her to throw in the towel.

4 hours ago, fish_ca said:

Just found this

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/02/joy-and-jed-interning-in-little-rock.html

Please tell me what kind of job can a graduate from SOTDRT find at the Arkansas State Capitol?

I'm curious ...seriously...

The commenter at the bottom saying that they hope Joy chooses politics as a full time career is incredibly naive. She's only 19 yet already in a courtship, likely engaged and married by the end of the year. She will NOT be allowed ANY kind of employment whatsoever, especially knowing what the Forsyths are like. I had some hope for Joy but it's all gone now.

5 hours ago, fish_ca said:

Just found this

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/02/joy-and-jed-interning-in-little-rock.html

Please tell me what kind of job can a graduate from SOTDRT find at the Arkansas State Capitol?

Lots of kids with politically well-connected parents are pages in state legislatures. I was one myself. Homeschooling is popular in Arkansas. No one there will think she's unqualified. As for what kind of job she could get, she could easily get a low-level job answering phones in the office of one of Jim Bob's cronies. But instead she's going to be engaged by spring, married by summer, and pregnant by fall.

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Lots of kids with politically well-connected parents are pages in state legislatures. I was one myself. Homeschooling is popular in Arkansas. No one there will think she's unqualified. As for what kind of job she could get, she could easily get a low-level job answering phones in the office of one of Jim Bob's cronies. But instead she's going to be engaged by spring, married by summer, and pregnant by fall.

So, I just had a scary thought about Joy and her helping with the state legislature. I wonder if Austin is interested in running for office at some point and this is seen as preparation for Joy to help her husband in politics. 

I'm glad Joy and Jed are doing something different from the usual Duggarling activities; e.g. treehouse building.  I'm not glad they're getting involved in politics, though.

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

So, I just had a scary thought about Joy and her helping with the state legislature. I wonder if Austin is interested in running for office at some point and this is seen as preparation for Joy to help her husband in politics. 

Joy's future brother in law Bobby Ballinger jr ran in the last state election and works for a congressman. His dad Bob Ballinger is a state representative.

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'm glad Joy and Jed are doing something different from the usual Duggarling activities; e.g. treehouse building.  I'm not glad they're getting involved in politics, though.

But that is the whole point!  To get everyone into politics so they can convert the whole country to some kind of Christian tyranny.  Yes, Anna will not give up on Josh because Jesus.  And JB will never give up on trying to get his family into politics, he's probably chomping at the bit and mad that Josh threw a monkeywrench into it.  I mean, what a grand purpose in life. I can see how it's attractive to him.  I am going to build an army for God with my 19 kids, and I will ensure that they all build armies too or at least get into ministry or politics to spread the word. 

That article from the ex-fundie was right.  They are already infiltrating so much in politics, even at the highest level.  Look at the family history esp. the mother, of the recent Supreme Court pick.  And of course Pence.  He is probably the most conservative ever of any pres or VP.  He makes Reagan look like a hippie.  All the women's marches and protests won't do a thing if they take over all positions and change the rules as fast as possible.

16 hours ago, fish_ca said:

Just found this

One resulting from Daddy calling in a lot of favors?

I mean, OK, I got my current job from family connections, so I'm one to talk, but I came into it with a Master's degree and a good three years (plus jobs during the summer in college) of work experience.

13 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

So why bother then? But it does have sense what @flycat and @anotherone say.

9 hours ago, flycat said:

Joy's future brother in law Bobby Ballinger jr ran in the last state election and works for a congressman. His dad Bob Ballinger is a state representative.

8 hours ago, anotherone said:

But that is the whole point!  To get everyone into politics so they can convert the whole country to some kind of Christian tyranny.  Yes, Anna will not give up on Josh because Jesus.  And JB will never give up on trying to get his family into politics, he's probably chomping at the bit and mad that Josh threw a monkeywrench into it.  I mean, what a grand purpose in life. I can see how it's attractive to him.  I am going to build an army for God with my 19 kids, and I will ensure that they all build armies too or at least get into ministry or politics to spread the word. 

That article from the ex-fundie was right.  They are already infiltrating so much in politics, even at the highest level.  Look at the family history esp. the mother, of the recent Supreme Court pick.  And of course Pence.  He is probably the most conservative ever of any pres or VP.  He makes Reagan look like a hippie.  All the women's marches and protests won't do a thing if they take over all positions and change the rules as fast as possible.

I assume that JimBoob would use another Duggar boy to get him into politics but unfortunately Forsyths gave their only daugther away already. And there is Joy instead.

It is scary and sad in the same time.

29 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

So why bother then? But it does have sense what @flycat and @anotherone say.

I assume that JimBoob would use another Duggar boy to get him into politics but unfortunately Forsyths gave their only daugther away already. And there is Joy instead.

It is scary and sad in the same time.

It'd be nice if JB/Fundies treated his/their children as PEOPLE, not as commodities to trade off to the highest bidder. But we all know that won't happen (even though I think he may love them, but I can't always be certain of this).  

25 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

It'd be nice if JB/Fundies treated his/their children as PEOPLE, not as commodities to trade off to the highest bidder. But we all know that won't happen (even though I think he may love them, but I can't always be certain of this).  

I wonder when he came up with the idea of his children being another investment except the real estate buisness. So far I'm not impressed. Derick, Ben are nothing but scroungers. Only thank to Josh and now maybe Joyanna he could get some favours if only Josh...:D lol Jeremy doesn't count. He's too independent and too far away. :)

48 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

They're not people, and they will never be treated that way.  They've already said straight out that they had them to build an army, that's why you have so many kids.  They don't go, oh children are such a joy, look at all the fun we have.  No, it's, we must follow God's word (however you may interpret it) and we must raise them to fight for our country.  Do you think JB will pass up a chance to get into everlasting heaven by "letting" one of his kids live a gay lifestyle or get divorced or do some other non-"godly" act?  That would mean the parents are a FAILURE!  Michelle even said something like that, someone here quoted her about how she'd be a failure if the kids don't turn out right. I dont' see either of them to have the kind of personality or strength or gumption to stick up for their kids in the face of that God message.   They would throw their kids under the bus - already did for the daughters, but also for Josh too, by not getting him help.

I think all the little wishes we have for the daughters, oh Derick will get Jill away, oh Joy is wearing pants, these little hopes that they will be sort of normal.  I'm convinced now that they don't mean a thing.  These kids have had that message ground into them from day one and I don't believe it will be possible to change.  One or two may break free but the others, even the nice Bates kids, all have that one goal of changing the country and they will do it one kid at a time.  Keep your eyes open, we will see more of them in the local and state government or even the school board (happened in a nearby community.)

I don't think there is a difference between the Duggar girls and guys who get into a relationship. They are both trained under Gothard teaching. I am sure, no matter how worldly Jeremy may seem, he will attend an ATI conference. He will become indoctrinated unless he truly has a backbone, but only time will tell.

Now, will Derrick have that long mane at an ATI conference that is something to be seen and awaiting for pictures show up regarding that. ATI does have a appearance code.

As long as Jeremy is participating in and  taking the money from the show, he is not independent, no matter how far away he resides from Duggarville.

The true mark will be the first couple from either family who steps away from the $how.

Well maybe being on the show was kind of fee. Once he got Jinger they will stay away. But I know how tempting is money...

44 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

As long as Jeremy is participating in and  taking the money from the show, he is not independent, no matter how far away he resides from Duggarville.

The true mark will be the first couple from either family who steps away from the $how.

That's what I thought too. Jeremy can hardly be independent until he is stepping completely away from the show. If there is another season and you don't see Jinger or Jeremy, then it can be said that Jeremy put his foot down. As of now they are in the promos and getting paid by TLC. They are not independent. 

all the screen time that JinJer is having now is recorded from last year right? So we can say that once He got jinger He stop beeing parte of the show. At least for know, i Think that only time  Will tell if they would  be part of the show  or not

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived