IGNORED

Tabitha Paine & Tim Robertson Engagement (includes sexual assault discussion)

JillyO

1 hour ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

The fact that he says "This will be the last night I have social media" basically says "Yea I'm guilty" Someone who truly was not guilty would have stated "I am not guilty. I understand your concerns and I was able to prove my innocence." 

Fun fact. At my job speaking to convicted sex offenders some actually use this excuse. "I fell into _"

No effing way!  I mean I believe you, I just can't believe the offenders think anybody would buy it. See this is why I don't like people.  People are the worst. Oh and I wish there was an "eww" button along with the up and down arrows. Cuz...EWWW

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

No effing way!  I mean I believe you, I just can't believe the offenders think anybody would buy it. See this is why I don't like people.  People are the worst. Oh and I wish there was an "eww" button along with the up and down arrows. Cuz...EWWW

I don't think it's about being convincing. I think sick people are so delusional that they can't accept what they did they will invent any, no matter how ridiculous, excuse. And to them it will be true and they were the one wronged. 

I truly do feel bad for Tabitha. Yes, she is an adult. But let's be honest...she has very little choice in any of this. She has to "keep sweet" and all that bullshit. Soon she'll be married to this disgusting creep and she'll have to do whatever he says. Even if she doesn't want to. It's awful. My heart hurts for the women in these types of cults.

If I believed in reincarnation based on passed sins I would say that Tabitha was an awful person in her passed life.

Old maid, Duggar slave, horrible older husband...

I hate this fucking cult.

I wonder what prompted him to give his testimony now. He thought he would get lots of pats on the back and instead it backfired completely.  Poor Tabitha. Don't know if she fully understands what she's getting herself into.  He did not sound like someone who took responsibility for his own actions, no surprise there.  What a mess.  I hope in the next few months that the registry will disappear and we never hear about the asshole again but I doubt that's going to happen.  Dr. Paine may have just topped Mike Keller in the shitty headship race. 

Based on his prior "preferences" it easy to come to the conclusion that he might continue to have them. How is that going to play out in the marriage? Poor Tabitha having to joyfully meet his expectations. 

He may just impregnate her repeatedly and violate other women a la Josh. This guy may have been miraculously cured of the drink by Jesus (though I smell a generous sprinkle of revisionist history) but you could use his bullshit in the dictionary under "dry drunk".

This thread has brought up a lot of bad memories for me. I'm sure I'm not alone- statistically I'm not alone- so I thought I'd mention that in case anyone else is feeling like "the past" wasn't very long ago at all.

I would love to know what kind of lies he is conjuring up to cover his dirty deeds. I would love to be a fly on the wall in any of his friends homes, the Paine home, the Duggar home. I am pretty positive he never mentioned anal sex. Omg. The horror. I would love to know if Tabitha even knows what this is. I want to know if she is having any doubts down in her belly. Cuz if I was her , I would be wondering if he has anymore secrets.  Do any of you know if she follows all these crazy  rules around courtship? I mean can they talk privately? I feel sad cuz this woman probably has never been able to critically think for herself.  If you can't do that how do you process the shit that just hit the fan?

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Personally I would would rather marry a squeaky clean fundie like David Waller compared to a "saved" sexual assaulter who doesn't even take full responsibility for what he did. You know you suck if I would choose annoying David Waller over you :-P

I had the exact same thought and that shows how twisted ones expectations of men can get when you read about all these fundie assholes day after day. I really need to find a decent guy in real life. But where are they?

13 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

That quote from his mother, defending him because they were drinking, is repugnant. This isn't "silly, stupid stuff," this is sexual assault. 

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/duggar-sex-scandal-123903/photos/duggar-court-doc1-228032

This is beyond disgustin and it made me furious. I hope his victim doesn't read the BS that comes out of this womans mouth. Shame on you!!

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And she's their live in tutor. So I guess it's relevent since this POS probably visits the Duggars on a regular basis. 

But I suppose it could also get picked up as a Bates related scandal since Erin Bates Paine's SIL will be marrying a convicted rapist. 

It could be harmful for both their brands, but especially for the Duggars since InTouch nicely dragged them into that whole mess.

10 hours ago, Denim Jumper said:

Just some mild, inappropriate sodomy. Soooooo common in IBLP circles, it's hardly worth mentioning. 

Just like older brothers doing some "touching" or "exploring" on their younger sisters. Normal family business in the world of IBLP.

I, too, am wondering about the Fundy response to the fact it was anal, not vaginal sex.  I guess they could just be thinking "filthy strippers do all kinds of disgusting things, she probably enticed him", but of course he was vague about that part, because surely even consensual anal sex within a marriage is seen as hugely sinful in their world?  The whole anti-gay-men rhetoric seems rooted in the idea that anal sex is this repulsive thing that only completely debased people would even consider - and then there's the whole non-procreative aspect too?

(I mean, it's too much to expect that he'd admit anything anyway, but I can't even imagine how the conversations around his offense could go!)

I would love for the tabloids to do a story on the Paines and Bates. They deserve it as much as the Duggars did Joshgate.

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

I would love for the tabloids to do a story on the Paines and Bates. They deserve it as much as the Duggars did Joshgate.

I'd love to see Dr. "eat a protein bar to deal with your depression!" Paine in the news. 

Of course, I want it all to tie back to the Duggars too since TLC never really punished them after Joshley, they just gave them a new show. 

You'd think that Tabitha seeing what Anna went through would see this as a sign. She was there helping out with Joshley's children wasn't she? You would think that this very public embarrassment would be seen as God giving her an opportunity. She has a chance to avoid everything Anna experienced. But I'm sure that's not how she or the family will interpret it. 

Chad and Erin, I hate to admit it but I adore you as a couple and you are def my pet fundies. But I can't excuse this. Chad, do not let Tabitha marry this man. You have enough connections to find her a proper Christian husband, even if it's shitty cult arranged match, she deserves better. You talk about how in love you are with Erin and Tabitha deserves this too. Hell, use your show or social media accounts to ask for resumes/applications. I'm sure there is some sheltered home school family with a son living at home willing to arrange a match. See if they click Help him get a job if he needs it,hell he can work for your new furniture company! But do not let your sister marry this pathetic creep. Anything but this.

7 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

I would love to know what kind of lies he is conjuring up to cover his dirty deeds. I would love to be a fly on the wall in any of his friends homes, the Paine home, the Duggar home. I am pretty positive he never mentioned anal sex. Omg. The horror. I would love to know if Tabitha even knows what this is. I want to know if she is having any doubts down in her belly. Cuz if I was her , I would be wondering if he has anymore secrets.  Do any of you know if she follows all these crazy  rules around courtship? I mean can they talk privately? I feel sad cuz this woman probably has never been able to critically think for herself.  If you can't do that how do you process the shit that just hit the fan?

I have a feeling she can think critically and is probably highly intelligent, to her detriment in this cult of course. Dr. Paine is obviously smart enough to be a doctor and the Paine offspring present as more insightful/intelligent than your typical fundie family. Plus as the oldest wasn't she raised less strict at first? Didn't the Paines embrace cultish fundyism after the first three kids? 

I die inside to think of a highly intelligent woman, who maybe had a small bit of time to learn critical thinking skills prior to her family's indoctrination, will be forced to live out her life with someone who is not only an abusive creep, but also way less intelligent than herself. 

2 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

The problem is that the Paines are nobodies to most of the world. And the Bates aren't really anyone to the mainstream either. Except maybe for the fact they were seen on the Duggar show years ago. The Duggars are the only ones with a household name.

I feel sick.

Unfortunately, their burying it and excusing it will fly with the world at large...the Duggars, Gothard, etc....all of them get away with it. A little media attention, they respond with the appropriate bible verses and jesus and everyone moves on.

The world has gone to hell and the line between morality and Christianity is blurred into oblivion so whatever a so called Christian does, once they invoke their god and bible, it's all ok. And, the world as a whole has pretty much proven that that is good enough for them.

The Duggars & Bates should not be on television, but they have just as many fans as ever. Their connections to Gothard should have wiped them out, never mind the personal family skeletons. But, there they are, selling their shit and making money hand over fist because they invoke the name of jesus to justify all. They win, the world loses.

Clearly, I need not explain why I hold nothing but contempt for religion.

14 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

So he says the victim wanted to drop the charges but it was too late and the prosecutors wouldn't let her.  Well, if that were true, all she would have had to do was testify at trial on his behalf and he would have ben found innocent.  I initially wanted to give this guy the benefit of the doubt that he may have turned his life around since is youth, but it is obvious he is not being truthful, even now.

He's saying it like it proves it was no big deal but this doesn't say "he's innocent",to me, it says he's guilty. The rape victim may want to drop the charges for any number of reasons because the legal process can be too overwhelming and the social reaction may not be supportive or they just want to be able to not think about the rape already. But if the prosecutors are unwilling to drop the case, it says to me they had evidence and were convinced that he deserved punishment.

8 hours ago, lawfulevil said:

This thread has brought up a lot of bad memories for me. I'm sure I'm not alone- statistically I'm not alone- so I thought I'd mention that in case anyone else is feeling like "the past" wasn't very long ago at all.

I'm really sorry about the painful memories, this is some tough sh*t to be discussing. This whole thread could use a trigger warning, really. 

10 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I wonder what prompted him to give his testimony now. He thought he would get lots of pats on the back and instead it backfired completely.  Poor Tabitha. Don't know if she fully understands what she's getting herself into.  He did not sound like someone who took responsibility for his own actions, no surprise there.  What a mess.  I hope in the next few months that the registry will disappear and we never hear about the asshole again but I doubt that's going to happen.  Dr. Paine may have just topped Mike Keller in the shitty headship race. 

I think his "testimony" was just damage control after the cat was already out of the bag. He was hoping to give it a godly spin and impress people with the strength of his conversion but if no one knew he'd have been happier no doubt. It's not like he testified, "I anally raped an unconscious woman but Jesus saved me from my sin", he testified, "I didn't do anything wrong but Jesus saved me from Adam's sin."

10 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I wonder what prompted him to give his testimony now.

My guess is that the publicity was starting to throw some light in the direction of the cult, future father-in-law wasn't happy, and he "asked" Tim to step up and own it.  Innocent, right?  Tim probably wanted to own it just a tad more than he wanted to remain a single man with a publicized charge of sodomy, so he communicated with the press, went light on the details (except for the bit about the woman working in a strip club), explained that he was falsely accused and pardoned and saved, then waited for the positive reinforcement to roll in.  Not quite how it's turning out.

I think the Paines have a dilemma.  If the two marry and there's trouble down the road, then I believe Dr. P's approval of the marriage - his judgement - may be called into question.  Did Tim share his testimony before the couple were allowed to court?  If so, why did Dr. P let the relationship continue?  If Tim didn't share (enough), and "the situation"/Tim's approach to responsibility really only came to light via the press, then why didn't Dr. P get his daughter away from this man?  I won't be surprised if the marriage is delayed, perhaps indefinitely, while the Paines reconsider the Lord's promptings.

1 hour ago, Snarkle Motion said:

Chad and Erin, I hate to admit it but I adore you as a couple and you are def my pet fundies. But I can't excuse this. Chad, do not let Tabitha marry this man.

I wouldn't be surprised if they knew his "testimony" when they set them up together. Maybe not the anal rape part, but the part that he wrote.  No matter how cute and sweet they look, they are most likely still the sort of fundie that will overlook this sort of thing. 

It's just his word that the victim didn't want to testify but the state wanted to move forward. For all we know,  she was coming at the bit to take the stand and was completely pissed when he pleaded out. I mean,  this guy has a pretty hazy relationship with the truth. 

3 hours ago, Lurky said:

I, too, am wondering about the Fundy response to the fact it was anal, not vaginal sex.  I guess they could just be thinking "filthy strippers do all kinds of disgusting things, she probably enticed him", but of course he was vague about that part, because surely even consensual anal sex within a marriage is seen as hugely sinful in their world?  The whole anti-gay-men rhetoric seems rooted in the idea that anal sex is this repulsive thing that only completely debased people would even consider - and then there's the whole non-procreative aspect too?

(I mean, it's too much to expect that he'd admit anything anyway, but I can't even imagine how the conversations around his offense could go!)

He will tel Tabitha anal sex is Birth control

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived